• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Artisan Memory now available for Pearls

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll reply for Plunge! Can i ? Nvm. I'll do it anyways.

IT STILL REQUIRES YOU TO PLAY TO REPAIR YOUR STUFF ! So not p2w cause it doesnt instantly repair your stuff ! Where is your SOURCE on how you can win by repairing your stuff ? Its just convenience. Also you can get it with loyalty.

(Yeah be ready to see something like that, roughly.)

I'll reply for MoZex too! Actually i cant, i did not study MoZex enough.

Anyways, thats super p2w. Valks cry coming, they need to double the amount of cash earnings with the Artisan Memory. 

More like:

There is no such thing as P2W. Winning progression through cash is only convenience, therefore P2W is convenience not P2W.

Plunge logic.

Edited by Aries

Posted

@Plunge please share your thoughts on this 

Nowhere near P2W and in fact it aids non-cash shop users. 

There's currently a lack of Memory Fragments on the marketplace, with this item (which a non-cash shop user can get every 4 days) cash shop users no longer needs to purchase as many memory fragments as before. Also, the durability of your weapon has absolutely NO affects on your stats or the damage you do. So cash shop users will have a tad more silver, silver they have anyway due to the lack of memory fragments and the fact that they can sell cash shop items. Oh no! A cash shop user has 5-10 mil extra silver! Can't wait to see how that improves their AP and other stats!

Jesus, it's always the same people whining about the same inane rubbish.

Learn to move on with your lives, not having fun in the game? Not enjoying the publisher?

THEN QUIT. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

cheap folk who cant afford 50 pearls for 2 exstra memfrags to your 1 just need to grind harder but I don't mean in game I mean Irl to make a few dollars or just pay 1.5mill+ more than us to repair 3 dura.

You crybabys need to learn irl matters as well as game and working irl will ease your game cause you have less time anyway to play the game unless your a 24/7 robot person whos anti p2w.

Posted

I clearly said I don't care as long I can realistically achieve the same thing in game.  

People can use REAL MONEY to save time and gain an advantage. So what? Other people can spend 60+ hours a week to gain even more advantage than the cashshop provides, yet no one has a problem with that. You have a better chance of catching up to a casher than a no-lifer.  Both are external factors contributing to people gaining an advantage.  The one people have a problem is the one they don't have. 

Honestly, people are way too concerned over what other people are spending their money or time on. 

You don't care and that's the entire point, you are making it Pay2Win with your argument.

What you described is exactly what Perfect World has been doing for YEARS and guess what? That game is one of the biggest Pay2Win in history.

Clearly you don't care about this game turn into another Pay2Win and your logic support Pay2Win at its best, LOL.

Posted

Nice and easier repair now. Plebs have to grind triple, that's how it works.

Posted

There's currently a lack of Memory Fragments on the marketplace, with this item (which a non-cash shop user can get every 4 days) cash shop users no longer needs to purchase as many memory fragments as before. Also, the durability of your weapon has absolutely NO affects on your stats or the damage you do. So cash shop users will have a tad more silver, silver they have anyway due to the lack of memory fragments and the fact that they can sell cash shop items. Oh no! A cash shop user has 5-10 mil extra silver! Can't wait to see how that improves their AP and other stats!

Learn to move on with your lives, not having fun in the game? Not enjoying the publisher?

You crybabys need to learn irl matters as well as game and working irl will ease your game cause you have less time anyway to play the game unless your a 24/7 robot person whos anti p2w.

Players like you two are slowly ruining the video game industry. You help perpetuate the idea buying power is somehow fair and acceptable.

BDO has many competitive elements and as such it is a competitive game. An individuals personal thoughts and use of BDO can't be used to invalidate that fact because others do use those competitive elements. The rest of the world does not tolerate or accept paying for advantages during competitive activities, games, and sport for a reason.

The logic defending P2W suggests society might as well let us all buy advantages and compete in whatever we want. Doping would become legal in the Olympics. Your favorite sports team would be filled with fat middle aged men with more money than sense. The Superbowl would be filled by two sides on their smart phones trying to out buy the other until victory is achieved. Everyone is entitled to believe video gaming is better off with P2W but those of you that do should take a good long look at yourselves. Do you really want to be @Plunge

The video game industry already has a tough time being taken seriously or with any credibility. I've had to defend gaming to others who think it's a waste of time or silly enough already. The continued creep of P2W means I'm dangerously close to changing my opinion and agreeing with them. I would do the same to my favorite and most popular sport in the world, football, if it took the same path.

Posted

Love this change!!!

Posted

Love this change!!!

You love unfair competition in gaming. Understood P2W supporter #615

Posted

Then why not add Boss gear and Kzarka weapons to Cash shop?

It would be nowhere near P2W and in fact it would aid non-cash shop users.

There's currently a lack of Boss Gear and Kzarka weapons on the marketplace, with this in Cash Shop (which a non-cash shop user can get based on RNG) cash shop users no longer need to spend as much time to get Boss gear and Kzarka as before. Also, buying Boss gear and Kzarka weapons on cash shop has absolutely NO affects on how good you are since this game is based on skill. So cash shop users will have a tad more silver, silver they have anyway due to the lack of Boss gear and Kzarka weapons on the marketplace.

Therefore this wouldn't be P2W.

1 person likes this

Posted

You love unfair competition in gaming. Understood P2W supporter #615

what's unfair about it, lol?  They are available to everyone.  It's far more fair that having elitists one shotting the 99%.  Seriously, stop blubbering.

Posted

See you next patch Mr. Valks Cry.

you conspiracy theorists kept insisting they add something, so they did. Thank you

Posted

what's unfair about it, lol?  They are available to everyone.  It's far more fair that having elitists one shotting the 99%.  Seriously, stop blubbering.

Clearly you need to brush up on what 'fair competition' means.

Posted

What's unfair about using steroids to win the Olympics? They are available to everyone. It's far more fair that having elitists beating me at sports 99%. Seriously, stop blubbering.

That's what you sound like right now....

Posted

Lol at these analogies.  More whining that you can't preserve your god mode.  

Posted

"It's not pay to win because you can buy them in loyality shop"

Yeah.4 day.For a single fragment (Because you know..they're consumable) wich also mean you don't have an endless supply but you're hard capped by the effective number of day you've logged in.Meaning that to recover 100 durability you' need 33x4 days=132 days,4 months of log in for a single boss gear.Totally the same.

Let's make a little calculation.Grinding in the right place in the right way will net you an average of 5 books in 30 mins.That's one scroll.Wich means you'll need 150 mins (2.5hours) if you're blessed and noone ruins your farm to get 5 scrolls.Let's add the time to actually do the bosses,so let's say another hour and half with a 5 man party(organizing the party,getting there,killing bosses).That will net you..let's say 35 memory fragment.Total time required 4 hours to get your boss equip durability up by 1 third.Multiply this by 2,since with this p2w people will repair time free 2/3 of 100 durability.They spared 8 hours,and i was veeery optimistic in the books farming time-drop ratio.

Or,they spared 1 millionx5 =5 millions (for a single scroll),x5 (because you'll usually do 5 man 5 scroll runs);wich means 25 millions, multiplied by 2 (the usual 2/3 of durability free) 50 millions.

TLDR:

Non paying to win player:12 hours invested (or 75 millions) to recover 100 durability on a boss equipment.
P2w player:4 hours or 25 millions to recover 100 durability on boss equipment.

Non pay to win player: 4 months to repair a whole equipment using artisian memory (33 fragmentx 400 loyalty)

Pay to win player: Not limited,can buy how many he wants.

Tell me again how this is not p2w,please..

1 person likes this

Posted

they add 1 awakening each 2 weeks to bring out every time a new p2w item -_-

blind people still dont see the p2w behind those awesome awakenings :)

but yeah we cant add all awakenings at the same time this could cause problems :(

Posted

"It's not pay to win because you can buy them in loyality shop"

Yeah.4 day.For a single fragment (Because you know..they're consumable) wich also mean you don't have an endless supply but you're hard capped by the effective number of day you've logged in.Meaning that to recover 100 durability you' need 33x4 days=132 days,4 months of log in for a single boss gear.Totally the same.

Let's make a little calculation.Grinding in the right place in the right way will net you an average of 5 books in 30 mins.That's one scroll.Wich means you'll need 150 mins (2.5hours) if you're blessed and noone ruins your farm to get 5 scrolls.Let's add the time to actually do the bosses,so let's say another hour and half with a 5 man party(organizing the party,getting there,killing bosses).That will net you..let's say 35 memory fragment.Total time required 4 hours to get your boss equip durability up by 1 third.Multiply this by 2,since with this p2w people will repair time free 2/3 of 100 durability.They spared 8 hours,and i was veeery optimistic in the books farming time-drop ratio.

Or,they spared 1 millionx5 =5 millions (for a single scroll),x5 (because you'll usually do 5 man 5 scroll runs);wich means 25 millions, multiplied by 2 (the usual 2/3 of durability free) 50 millions.

TLDR:

Non paying to win player:12 hours invested (or 75 millions) to recover 100 durability on a boss equipment.
P2w player:4 hours or 25 millions to recover 100 durability on boss equipment.

Non pay to win player: 4 months to repair a whole equipment using artisian memory (33 fragmentx 400 loyalty)

Pay to win player: Not limited,can buy how many he wants.

Tell me again how this is not p2w,please..

rng

Posted (edited)

rng

Excuse me?If you both have 100 millions to use for upgrade,he'll be able to spare time (Wich you use to grind to make even more money) and he'll be left with 75 millions to buy material to upgrade everything again,or better yet,make 10 more tries (50 millions at the current prices) and have spare 25 millions to recover another 100 durability.

That's not rng.That's a fact.Rng can still screw him up and bless the non p2w player.But on the long run,who can afford more try in the lesser time will have the most benefits.

Edited by Deristel

Posted

Excuse me?If you both have 100 millions to use for upgrade,he'll be able to spare time (Wich you use to grind to make even more money) and he'll be left with 75 millions to buy material to upgrade everything again,or better yet,make 10 more tries (50 millions at the current prices) and have spare 25 millions to recover another 100 durability.

That's not rng.That's a fact.Rng can still screw him up and bless the non p2w player.But on the long run,who can afford more try in the lesser time will have the most benefits.

your telling me because he has more recovery chance his more guaranteed to get upgrade? Lol, arguing with RNG is retarded. Considering you can magically upgrade with low failstack on high upgrade and yet build high failstack on low upgrade, can you really prove or disprove rng? Are you 100% guaranteed to get a coral ring after grinding at pirates for 3 hours?

As i said, rng.

This is why tet and pen are not forceable.

Posted

Really now?Then why everyone is farming at pirate?maybe because 75 millions spared are actually worth a whole day of grinding.. statistically speaking you need 4-5 tries for a duo.It can go well,it can go worse.Still he's paying and spending 1/3 of the time and money you would use.Time equals to money in this game,wich equals to gearing.But if you're so blind by the "RNG!" wich nowaday almost seems a meme since everyone toss it left and right to justify this kind of gamechangin update..be my guest,what can i say.

Posted

You don't care and that's the entire point, you are making it Pay2Win with your argument.

What you described is exactly what Perfect World has been doing for YEARS and guess what? That game is one of the biggest Pay2Win in history.

Clearly you don't care about this game turn into another Pay2Win and your logic support Pay2Win at its best, LOL.

I played Perfect World for 7 years.  It is very p2w.  Their cashshop has things in it that are not realistically obtainable in game, or in many cases not available in game at all. It is cashshop only for 3rd cast rank9 and then to refine it to +12 (and as I understand it, they recently added g17 gear which is also obtainable via cashshop methods only).  This is not the case in BDO.  If they do cross this line, I'll agree with you, but as of now I can get the same gears without cash that someone with cash, can. Just takes me a bit longer and I don't care about that. 

This game is far more nolife2w than anything else, yet you don't have a problem with that? Or want grinding limited to prevent people from using that incredible advantage?  You're making it nolife2win by not caring about that aspect. 

Posted

U all cry about p2w .................

This game have no content at all no pvp no pve content

U can´t trade u dont need partyes for anything is just a rpg with some fkers farming your spots

Game was nice at begin but even kakao knows game is getting really boring coz it have no real content nothing just a grind simulator and try to milk what and who they can milk fast enough before a better game comes out and this game is going down for real like that AA

Enjoy Black desert is really black xD

Posted

The only thing that I'm pissed about again is they don't bring up ideas or implements to the community before release. They just kind of drop shit in here and expect everything to be ok. For some it is, for some it isn't. Personally "this one" doesn't effect me too hard, at least I can get one every 4 days now from loyalty which is what I've been doing most of the time (and before they dropped to 400). I don't know how I feel about it past that S:

All these pay to convenience is kind of p2w bundled up for those who can afford it. I know the excuse is it helps people who work, but honestly I know plenty of people who work and play that manage fine, and others who work but still have other bills where they cant dump all this cash in bdo. I also know quite a few who don't work and live with parents/other people who just let them buy the shit too and they are "no lifers".. these people get the greatest chance to get ahead.

But all I can do at this point is realize I'm not going to be competitive, and just enjoy the rest of the game until the next. 

Posted

I played Perfect World for 7 years.  It is very p2w.  Their cashshop has things in it that are not realistically obtainable in game, or in many cases not available in game at all. It is cashshop only for 3rd cast rank9 and then to refine it to +12 (and as I understand it, they recently added g17 gear which is also obtainable via cashshop methods only).  This is not the case in BDO.  If they do cross this line, I'll agree with you, but as of now I can get the same gears without cash that someone with cash, can. Just takes me a bit longer and I don't care about that. 

This game is far more nolife2w than anything else, yet you don't have a problem with that? Or want grinding limited to prevent people from using that incredible advantage?  You're making it nolife2win by not caring about that aspect. 

You play Perfect World for 7 years and you didn't even know about Ingame Money > Zen which basically by your logic can be available ingame if you convert to ZEN.

Seriously, this is the same freaking thing here. Many things in this game is behind PayWall, not even ZEN conversion equivalent is in game.

Nolife2win? Seriously your first mistake into thinking only nolife will not spend any money into game, that's basically everything your argument come crashing down just from that.

Posted

You either have time or you have money.

Those with excess amount of time can grind till their heart is content, they can get more in-game silver than those with less time, more memory frags, more everything. 

Now those with excess money can buy convenience items, which is what they are, and now get to somewhere close to a no-lifer as far as being able to repair their gear to an equal level. 

Either way their is someone at the top, someone whose got more money, or more time and that is able to go father, faster. Yes its pay-to-win, in probably the loosest context of the phrase in that one is paying for some advantage over someone else, but it is really no different than someone spending countless hours for some advantage.