• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

so they added artisan's memory to pearl shop. 0.5 cents = 2 memory fragment. 100 euro = over 400 mem fragments

144 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm saying the "pay money to avoid terrible game design" is a terrible way to make games, but you're all eating it as if its the sweetest thing you've ever eaten.

What a REASONABLE game dev/publisher would've done was make it easier to get memory fragments in the first place, and keep releasing vanity stuff like the costumes, it's plenty to keep them afloat, especially since they went with the absolute trashiest cheapest servers in EU/NA (tracert shows this quite handily).

This is PURE MILKING to excuse BAD GAME DESIGN. It's a very well known thing in F2P titles, bu 

If I recall correctly,  It was slightly easier to get memory fragments.. then they patched it so you have a *chance* at getting memory fragments from being in the groups instead of a guaranteed one (which is stupid).  They need to increase the ways you can get these things for sure.  Adding them to boss scrolls would be nice.  Not sure why people are flipping out over these being available for pearls, its also available for loyalty... which is slighty more affordable now... Wish they would retroactively refund the loyalty spent when they were 1k vs 400.  Other people saying that scroll groups are pointless for farming memory fragments don't understand how these items actually work. Because you still need to use a memory fragment or the same item to use the artisan's memory anyway.  It just increases the durability gained after using one of them.

Posted

Just add a limitation on how much you can use per week..

Posted

I'm saying the "pay money to avoid terrible game design" is a terrible way to make games, but you're all eating it as if its the sweetest thing you've ever eaten.

What a REASONABLE game dev/publisher would've done was make it easier to get memory fragments in the first place, and keep releasing vanity stuff like the costumes, it's plenty to keep them afloat, especially since they went with the absolute trashiest cheapest servers in EU/NA (tracert shows this quite handily).

This is PURE MILKING to excuse BAD GAME DESIGN. It's a very well known thing in F2P titles, but ours is not an F2P title.

Bolded part, I absolutely agree with.

Posted

Agreed. The future of gaming looks grim knowing what players are more than eager to throw their money at.

Posted

Agreed. The future of gaming looks grim knowing what players are more than eager to throw their money at.

That's the part I can't wrap my head around. It's like every frickin title goes this route and makes a killing before moving on to the next project. People just keep eating it up. I'm a 30 year old man with a family and a pretty damn good job, but I just can't force myself to be a part of this shit. I'll buy a game. I'll sub a game. I'll buy cosmetic shit every now and then. But I cannot bring myself to throw obscene amounts of money at these ridiculous f2p wannabee p2w cash shops, just to fully enjoy the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is PURE MILKING to excuse BAD GAME DESIGN. It's a very well known thing in F2P titles, but ours is not an F2P title.

That's because I would have to view long-term goals to work towards over long periods of time as "terrible game design" to agree with the premise of your argument. I don't.

This game is explicitly designed to not have an "endgame". You never actually stop progressing, although it gradually becomes slower and more of a test of endurance and willpower the farther you go. It's not about the destination--it's about the journey.

If what you find fun is making a mad dash to a full set of BiS gear like some kind of gear-crazed chipmunk with ADHD, you've chosen a game that is very poorly suited to your interests.

But because the game devs ARE reasonable, they don't just tell you to GTFO if you don't like it. If you absolutely insist playing an endgame-focused themepark in a game that isn't an endgame-focused themepark, you can do so by spending a few extra bucks to accelerate your progression. You don't have to if you'd rather not--and I'd rather not, myself--but the option is there if you want to. 

Providing options is not "milking" anybody. Nobody is making you spend the extra cash but yourself. If what you want is a game that limits my options so that you don't have to learn a little self-control, that's not my problem--it's yours.

Posted (edited)

Did u just poop?

yep i pooped then you came out with your comment. Grats on your birthday btw.

By the way all you tards who are against the game and their actions need to consider this.

Stop paying for unfinished games just to play. That simple. Instead all you do is complain while paying to beta test their products. In reality not a single one of you on this entire forum has a right to complain when you have paid at some point to play this game. Simply grow up and move on.

Edited by DeathKlaat

Posted

That's because I would have to view long-term goals to work towards over long periods of time as "terrible game design" to agree with the premise of your argument. I don't.

This game is explicitly designed to not have an "endgame". You never actually stop progressing, although it gradually becomes slower and more of a test of endurance and willpower the farther you go. It's not about the destination--it's about the journey.

If what you find fun is making a mad dash to a full set of BiS gear like some kind of gear-crazed chipmunk with ADHD, you've chosen a game that is very poorly suited to your interests.

But because the game devs ARE reasonable, they don't just tell you to GTFO if you don't like it. If you absolutely insist playing an endgame-focused themepark in a game that isn't an endgame-focused themepark, you can do so by spending a few extra bucks to accelerate your progression. You don't have to if you'd rather not--and I'd rather not, myself--but the option is there if you want to. 

Providing options is not "milking" anybody. Nobody is making you spend the extra cash but yourself. If what you want is a game that limits my options so that you don't have to learn a little self-control, that's not my problem--it's yours.

Nonsense, every part of the game is built to milk, down to weight limits and silver weights and inventory slots.

You expect this from a f2p title, not from a b2p title.

Posted

I LOVE it,  thank ewe!

That's the part I can't wrap my head around. It's like every frickin title goes this route and makes a killing before moving on to the next project. People just keep eating it up. I'm a 30 year old man with a family and a pretty damn good job, but I just can't force myself to be a part of this shit. I'll buy a game. I'll sub a game. I'll buy cosmetic shit every now and then. But I cannot bring myself to throw obscene amounts of money at these ridiculous f2p wannabee p2w cash shops, just to fully enjoy the game.

lol, bloody peasant!

Posted

Nonsense, every part of the game is built to milk, down to weight limits and silver weights and inventory slots.

You expect this from a f2p title, not from a b2p title.

That's adorable. It's like you think this game is B2P even though it has a cash shop.

B2P doesn't have cash shops or subscriptions--or free expansions. You buy the game. You play the game. If you want more game, you pay for more game.

That's how B2P works. It's why the description is, literally, buy-to-play. 

This game is not B2P. It's a hybrid--like most MMORPGs that aren't straight-up F2P.

Posted

I'm saying the "pay money to avoid terrible game design" is a terrible way to make games

And when you think that devs spend time creating annoyance and frustration instead of actual fun content.

Posted

I rather like this change really because we casuals don’t have to be godlike grinders like you 24/7 folk collecting mem frags. As we work IRL we do not have the time to keep up with you no-lifers.

Posted

That's adorable. It's like you think this game is B2P even though it has a cash shop.

B2P doesn't have cash shops or subscriptions--or free expansions. You buy the game. You play the game. If you want more game, you pay for more game.

This game is not B2P. It's a hybrid--like most MMORPGs that aren't straight-up F2P.

are you serious? the fact that you have to buy the game to play makes it b2p. Cash shop has no bearing on that. Subscriptions, f2p and b2p all can have a cash shop or not have one.

Posted

I rather like this change really because we casuals don’t have to be godlike grinders like you 24/7 folk collecting mem frags. As we work IRL we do not have the time to keep up with you no-lifers.

You like they nerfd mem frags and put artisan mem in CS? You love they nerfed energy and soon the pots will be commimg to CS, ow wait no that last one is fallacy logic. Like we use with the mem frags. Surely isn't gonna happen!

Posted

I dunno how you got your copy of BDO but I paid for mine.

We're getting the Korean F2P version though. There's literally nothing unique to our version anymore, other than us being behind on patches.

Posted

are you serious? the fact that you have to buy the game to play makes it b2p. Cash shop has no bearing on that. Subscriptions, f2p and b2p all can have a cash shop or not have one.

I am serious. Having to buy the game is not the sole defining characteristic of a B2P game. If it were, FFXIV and WoW would both be B2P games. 

A pure B2P game doesn't have any costs beyond the entry fee and the cost of expansions. And back in the old days of PC gaming, it was the dominant business model.

Then MMORPGs came out and insisted they just had to charge a subscription fee in addition to the start-up fee--to "cover server costs". Although GW1 proved very clearly that these games did not need to charge a recurring fee to cover server fees, most players of these games were willing to pay the subscription anyway.

They set the precedent that players are willing pay in other ways than simply buying and owning the product, which opened the floodgates to the complete cluster*** of business models we have today.

Most games these days are either F2P, using cash shops to make a profit, or they use a hybrid of different business models that get revenue from entry fees, subscriptions, and/or cash shops. There's not many real B2P games left, and I don't know of any subscription-based game that isn't really a hybrid.

I dunno how you got your copy of BDO but I paid for mine.

We're getting the Korean F2P version though. There's literally nothing unique to our version anymore, other than us being behind on patches.

Really? Can you show me where Valk's Cry is in the cash shop here?

Posted (edited)

If I recall correctly,  It was slightly easier to get memory fragments.. then they patched it so you have a *chance* at getting memory fragments from being in the groups instead of a guaranteed one (which is stupid).  They need to increase the ways you can get these things for sure.  Adding them to boss scrolls would be nice.  Not sure why people are flipping out over these being available for pearls, its also available for loyalty... which is slighty more affordable now... Wish they would retroactively refund the loyalty spent when they were 1k vs 400.  Other people saying that scroll groups are pointless for farming memory fragments don't understand how these items actually work. Because you still need to use a memory fragment or the same item to use the artisan's memory anyway.  It just increases the durability gained after using one of them.

Supposedly, that change was made due to gold sellers in KR using memory fragments as a way to "sell gold", and NA/EU is getting the blunt end of that change.

@op
Too lazy to actually look through the thread, and i know i'm gonna be digging my own grave and beating a dead horse with this; artisan memory's triple what is repaired, unless you're saying "it's like adding 2 extra fragments per repair", then yeah... it's basically the same if you say it in that manor... but technicalities are what they are.

Edited by Gir

Posted

A pure B2P game doesn't have any costs beyond the entry fee and the cost of expansions. And back in the old days of PC gaming, it was the dominant business model.

I understand now, I didn't understand your defining is all.

Posted

lol, the pitiful wailing continues.  Leave us please.  We don't need your incessant misery.

p2w game, im entitled to my opinion, and the forums is the place to voice it.  love the game but no sense of achievement when you just pay for progression.