• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakened Wizard

34 posts in this topic

Posted

tumblr_od3jt30JWl1vxv9k6o3_1280.jpg

How do you think PA will introduce young wizard? I'm asking because I've wanted to main a wizard since beta but I couldn't deal with his oldness. Now that we know a younger version is coming, I'm curious to see how he'll work. Personally I see a few ways that we'll get young wizard but I'm not sure on the plausibility of them.

1. Wizard gets a new body and face preset. For me this is ideal because current wiz has an old wrinkly face and body, and i think it would look terrible if PA just slapped a young face on an old man body. The thing about this tho is that PA would have to refit all of the current wizard outfits to a younger body, and while I think they could do it, I don't see them giving wizards two body types (even if one is simply copied from the warrior)

2. Wizard gets new face but keeps old body. This would be OK. Wizard's don't have many revealing outfits so it wouldn't be too noticeable. On ones like kibelius though, he'd look really odd and gross. I'm simply excited that he can look younger, but this is the route that I think PA will go. It's less work for them essentially. 

bdo-kibelius-wizard-fullbdo-kibelius-wizard-full-3.jpg

3. Wizard gets younger through awakening. Honestly this doesn't seem all that plausible i hope. But this option would mean that PA does nothing about current wizard and simply makes him younger after switching weapons, using awakened skills, etc. I really hope this isn't the case however cause it wouldn't be enough for me to switch to maining wiz,

Thoughts? I'm not sure if I should  start leveling a wizard now or wait and see what PA will do. Ideally I'd like young wizard to have a new body/face but I don't want to waste time leveling up him and his life skills if PA doesn't deliver.

Posted

If he's going to have a young anything then everything better be made young, otherwise its just stupid.

3 people like this

Posted

If he's going to have a young anything then everything better be made young, otherwise its just stupid.

Quoted for truth.

20 year old head on 60 year old body?

Noty.

Posted

Or maybe they got a problem when they released the video and you will stay old forever ^^

Posted

Or maybe they got a problem when they released the video and you will stay old forever ^^

"Please help.

I accidentally a young Wizard.

Is this dangerous?"

Posted

Quoted for truth.

20 year old head on 60 year old body?

Noty.

some people actually got a fetish for that

Posted (edited)

Take the most disapointing answere, and it's what PA would do.

Edited by Drino

Posted

Very curious about that, it might rekindle the little flame to play once again.

Posted

Create a class that can only look old.

Release a costume which makes it look young at their awakening.

???

Profit.

Posted

Create a class that can only look old.

Release a costume which makes it look young at their awakening.

???

Profit.

how would customization of said face work if it were only an outfit?

Posted

how would customization of said face work if it were only an outfit?

There wouldn't be customization  It would be like your hair, some costumes change it.

This costume would change your face to look exactly like in the trailer. You couldn't change it.

Posted (edited)

Noob question.

I've seen the witch AWK trailer and she looks awesome, but how about wizards ? Where i can find some more infos about them ? Im stucked on what between the 2 picking up, and im waiting AWK gameplay/animation/skills to decide. TY !!!

Edited by Xantos

Posted

Noob question.

I've seen the witch AWK trailer and she looks awesome, but how about wizards ? Where i can find some more infos about them ? Im stucked on what between the 2 picking up, and im waiting AWK gameplay/animation/skills to decide. TY !!!

As far as I know, the only way to see it is when it's released in KR in coming weeks.

Posted (edited)

As far as I know, the only way to see it is when it's released in KR in coming weeks.

DO we have a date ? For KR release ?

Edited by Xantos

Posted

Noob question.

All we know at the moment is that it uses Fire and Water (yes, Water specifically, rather than Ice) as opposed to Witch's Earth and Lightning, and its pets will look like this:

SReLfC7.jpg

DO we have a date ? For KR release ?

October. Nothing more specific.

Posted

All we know at the moment is that it uses Fire and Water (yes, Water specifically, rather than Ice) as opposed to Witch's Earth and Lightning, and its pets will look like this:

SReLfC7.jpg

Nice to know oct not far away :D

Posted

SReLfC7.jpg

They look BADASS. And i like the idea of water and fire.

Do you think will be the same skills witch has, but with different element ? 

Posted

They look BADASS. And i like the idea of water and fire.

Do you think will be the same skills witch has, but with different element ? 

No. But very similar overall, most likely; other than theme, there's little to differentiate direct area-of-effect offensive magic. It's mainly just the more-unique utility spells (for the Witch that'd be the block, the slow and the aggro-poison) that I'd imagine would be very different for the Wizard. I certainly hope we get something at least similar to Witch's poison though, that lets us aggro more mobs. That, or make our pets do so passively like Tamer's...

Posted (edited)

wizard awakening fire skill :D   

giphy.gif

Edited by equake
3 people like this

Posted

Implying this isn't the hottest thing you've ever seen?

HwbuqqZ.png

Posted

Implying this isn't the hottest thing you've ever seen?

HwbuqqZ.png

more than implying ;)

Posted

All we know at the moment is that it uses Fire and Water (yes, Water specifically, rather than Ice) as opposed to Witch's Earth and Lightning

WATER

isn't that so effing cool? How rare is it to actually get water spells in a game? It's usually ice. I'm stoked!

I mean witch awakening looks cool as hell with the earth and lightning but I can only imagine how sweet the water effects will be

1 person likes this

Posted

when are they releasing the video?

Posted

wizard awakening fire skill :D   

giphy.gif

wow which film is this? :D

Posted

when are they releasing the video?

seriously.. almost a month since witch

1 person likes this