• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kutum OIffhand for Rangers

33 posts in this topic

Posted

So I just got a kutums offhand box and I was wondering if I should just straight up sell it or open it and use it for my ranger. I heard I should keep it whenever I get like 260 AP, but thats super far from where I'm at now. Any advices guys? Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)

My personal opinion, the money you sink into it now could be money you sink into nouver, rangers are very very ap dependent and with bhegs+other sources we cover a giant part of our accuracy needs, kutum is balanced around dp being a part of its strength i don't personally believe it's worth upgrading, it's a giant chunk of ap lower than nouver and we've already theorycrafted bronze vs steel, this is quite literally bronze with some defense vs steel with more ap, in the long run until you're a tet weapon tet dandylion 2x tri witches 2x tri crescents a pri/duo ogre and a duo/tri crescent belt you will use nouvers ap way better than you'll use anything from the kutum offhand.

The onlything worth its merit for debate is the 10% resist shred and accuracy, the 10% resist will only go off at melee range after our awakening, so realistically it'll only be noticeable in 1v1s since rangers still dont want to frontline in sieges, and the accuracy imo wont outweigh 15-16 ap.

Other rangers here think it's an awesome offhand or potentially an awesome offhand, but i really, really don't think it is, it seems balanced around tanky cc classes using it, a giant will get infinitely more use out of it thank you ever will as a ranger.

Edited by Intimacy

Posted (edited)

I personally wouldn't ever reduce my ap to increase my dp. It's all just one shots with awakenings anyways. Whoever gets caught 1st gets fked 1st.

Edited by Lanifair
1 person likes this

Posted

My personal opinion, the money you sink into it now could be money you sink into nouver, rangers are very very ap dependent and with bhegs+other sources we cover a giant part of our accuracy needs, kutum is balanced around dp being a part of its strength i don't personally believe it's worth upgrading, it's a giant chunk of ap lower than nouver and we've already theorycrafted bronze vs steel, this is quite literally bronze with some defense vs steel with more ap, in the long run until you're a tet weapon tet dandylion 2x tri witches 2x tri crescents a pri/duo ogre and a duo/tri crescent belt you will use nouvers ap way better than you'll use anything from the kutum offhand.

The onlything worth its merit for debate is the 10% resist shred and accuracy, the 10% resist will only go off at melee range after our awakening, so realistically it'll only be noticeable in 1v1s since rangers still dont want to frontline in sieges, and the accuracy imo wont outweigh 15-16 ap.

Other rangers here think it's an awesome offhand or potentially an awesome offhand, but i really, really don't think it is, it seems balanced around tanky cc classes using it, a giant will get infinitely more use out of it thank you ever will as a ranger.

you must be a pleb tier ranger. Accuracy is rangers best friend. And ignore resist is a must for our grabs and cc

3 people like this

Posted

you must be a pleb tier ranger. Accuracy is rangers best friend. And ignore resist is a must for our grabs and cc

You can explain things without being scornful

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

You clearly don't own bheg gloves or have done any tests for dp and evasion vs bhegs accuracy, after bhegs we're not so accuracy hungry that giving up 16 ap becomes worth it, pretty much cut and dry, the dagger only slightly excels at 1v1s, but nouver is still best in slot till you start breaking 250 ap,

Accuracy seems to soft cap even against muskans after you get bhegs, concentration Elixirs, which are roughly the same accuracy you'd be getting from kutum adds very minimal damage or actual accuracy increase after bhegs
I have the box sitting in my bank, but i still wont bother using it, the accuracy it gives isn't enough damage to warrant the nouver damage difference, kutums power is balanced around the extra dp it gives, rangers will also be running 2x penetration gems in their weapons once awakening comes out for 20% shred anyways, do some tests, get some gear, pull your head out of your ass and have a good night, sir.

kJEoobo.png

Edited by Intimacy
7 people like this

Posted

Intimacy is anything but a "pleb tier ranger."

Posted (edited)

You can explain things without being scornful

But its less entertaining = /

You clearly don't own bheg gloves or have done any tests for dp and evasion vs bhegs accuracy, after bhegs we're not so accuracy hungry that giving up 16 ap becomes worth it, pretty much cut and dry, the dagger only slightly excels at 1v1s, but nouver is still best in slot till you start breaking 250 ap,
Accuracy seems to soft cap even against muskans after you get bhegs, concentration Elixirs, which are roughly the same accuracy you'd be getting from kutum adds very minimal damage or actual accuracy increase after bhegs

Compared to steel its 4 more ap vs accuracy 20 dp 150hp and resistance penetration. Bheg gloves dosenty give you anywhere close to enough accuracy thats just totall bs, this is million times better than steel dagger.

Also we waint getting nouver anytimes soon and when we do that still dosent mean you are getting it anytime soon. Also if u just make this tri and use it since its humongous uppgrade from steel, if u later get nouver and wanna use it u can just sell the dagger and make large profit.

You clearly don't own bheg gloves or have done any tests for dp and evasion vs bhegs accuracy, after bhegs we're not so accuracy hungry that giving up 16 ap becomes worth

Also no idea where you pulled that 16 ap number, kutum nouver difference is 14 not counting the extra gem slot, and only 9 in reality cause youll be using that gem slot.

Edited by Shinigamiqt

Posted

Also we waint getting nouver anytimes soon and when we do that still dosent mean you are getting it anytime soon. Also if u just make this tri and use it since its humongous uppgrade from steel, if u later get nouver and wanna use it u can just sell the dagger and make large profit.

Also no idea where you pulled that 16 ap number, kutum nouver difference is 14 not counting the extra gem slot, and only 9 in reality cause youll be using that gem slot.

1. Thats right

But Nouver is coming with berserk supposedly.

2. That 16 AP is my miscalculation. But his reason for going for nouver over khutum, is that he thinks bheg + kzarka + party concentration elixires + precision crystal in weapon. Will give him enough accuracy for pvp. Which in theory maybe works, maybe not.

I would say we need tests for both weapons. I would prefer Khutum over Nouver at higher AP, maybe even at lower. But then again, i would need to test them both..

But yeah, Khutum owns both bronze and steel for sure. So until you get a nouver, feel free to use it guys, its not a waste.

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally prefer Kutum, if considering a Awakened Ranger Scenario, I hope to get both either way, but I feel Kutum will for sure be on level with Nouver in its raw output. I feel that with everyone having Muskan Shoes eventually, + all the CC resist people tend to have these days Kutum will give you a much better edge then raw AP.

But that is just personal preference, as mentioned it is the first to get CC'ed that will most likely die in a duel or small scale pvp battle when all classes have awakening.

Posted

If you get a khutum now, upgrade it to TRI and don't brand it and use it for PvP only with 2x awakened black spirit crystals and use a steel for PvE. Based on testing it's going to be better than steel for PvP right now, but I think the AP steroid from nouver is better overall.

Sell it when you get a nouver and never look back.

Posted

If you get a khutum now, upgrade it to TRI and don't brand it and use it for PvP only with 2x awakened black spirit crystals and use a steel for PvE. Based on testing it's going to be better than steel for PvP right now, but I think the AP steroid from nouver is better overall.

Sell it when you get a nouver and never look back.

No reason to use steel dagger over khutum. AP difference is 9, but with the extra crystal slow that will be 4 ap difference. You get +20 DP and a lot accuracy in exchange + 10% ignore resistance.

Later when you reach a point where AP stacking will be meaningless, this off-hand will rock.

Posted (edited)

I'll give Kutum the edge over nouver for ease of obtainment, also all my opinions are nouver vs Kutum,  I won't deny it's stronger than steel dagger, my opinions are also tentative and will change with new information given. 

Right now I don't see any harm (besides the hundreds of millions spent on it) upgrading Kutum till one gets a nouver, but it's a huge investment that could be spent better for others, for the cost of upgrading this dagger one could get tri bhegs or muskans, or get a hefty preorder to even get them.

If you're not rocking bhegs/muskans I put them at a higher priority to get than upgrading from steel to Kutum until the actual accuracy has been tested and proven, if it's as azta has said to me in discord that it's equal to bhegs my opinion will take a 180 turn, but that's just my personal opinion. Upgrading boss gear is a very heavy investment and spending money efficiently is pretty key in this game 

Edited by Intimacy

Posted

No reason to use steel dagger over khutum. AP difference is 9, but with the extra crystal slow that will be 4 ap difference. You get +20 DP and a lot accuracy in exchange + 10% ignore resistance.

Later when you reach a point where AP stacking will be meaningless, this off-hand will rock.

That's why I said use Kutum for PvP and steel for PvE, most of the rangers posting in this thread probably already have their steel branded so they can't get rid of it anyway

Posted (edited)

After testing it, kutum is NOT a bronze dagger replacement, its accuracy is very minimal, more likely than not the reason people in kr are switching to it after 250-260 ap is the resist pen than anything else, kutum isn't really an upgrade to steel after this info, it's a sidegrade at best for rangers,  as i initially thought rangers weren't even looked at for this item, it's entirely based around and meant for tanky cc classes.

Edited by Intimacy

Posted

After testing it, kutum is NOT a bronze dagger replacement, its accuracy is very minimal, more likely than not the reason people in kr are switching to it after 250-260 ap is the pen than anything else, kutum isn't really an upgrade to steel after this info, it's a sidegrade at best for rangers,  as i initially thought rangers weren't even looked at for this item, it's entirely based around and meant for tanky cc classes.

ignore resist would disagree with you. Those grabs are so important for us rangers

Posted

ignore resist would disagree with you. Those grabs are so important for us rangers

You're aware that we can just put 2x crystals to get 20% ignore and with +2acc right?

Its not like any other crystals are useful, from my own exp and testing with several crystals, only one that really benefits us is just extraction, RBF power is decent, but would rather take a BMC precision any day.

Posted (edited)

I use a black spirit crystal carmae to get 5/5 for both AS and crit with full boss and a zarka, better than eating food imo.

Edited by Zedword

Posted

You're aware that we can just put 2x crystals to get 20% ignore and with +2acc right?

Its not like any other crystals are useful, from my own exp and testing with several crystals, only one that really benefits us is just extraction, RBF power is decent, but would rather take a BMC precision any day.

better to use extraction for skill spam. People underestimate kutum is new. Trust me. It's very good   Only nerds go for raw ap

Posted

better to use extraction for skill spam. People underestimate kutum is new. Trust me. It's very good   Only nerds go for raw ap

I understand that the ignore Resis isn't to be easily ignored, but the fact that rangers heavily rely on burst over CC right now, just see it lot more viable going for more AP, I never did play in KR/RU so I have no idea on awakenings, but from the looks of it, doesn't really change much other than making it a whole lot easier for you in pve/pvp

As for extractions, I just personally plan to keep TRI liverto with 2 extractions, and keep kzarka for pure PvP, but that's just me.

Huge massive pain to be forced to use one set of crystals nearly 24/7 unless you plan to re-socket them every time you plan to pvp or grind

Posted (edited)

I understand that the ignore Resis isn't to be easily ignored, but the fact that rangers heavily rely on burst over CC right now, just see it lot more viable going for more AP, I never did play in KR/RU so I have no idea on awakenings, but from the looks of it, doesn't really change much other than making it a whole lot easier for you in pve/pvp

As for extractions, I just personally plan to keep TRI liverto with 2 extractions, and keep kzarka for pure PvP, but that's just me.

Huge massive pain to be forced to use one set of crystals nearly 24/7 unless you plan to re-socket them every time you plan to pvp or grind

you realize without awakening ranger have no cc. Blasting gust has like 10% land rate. Awakening allow you to stun/grab. If you miss those then ur basically wasted the purpose of awakening. It's like playing a zerker without being able to grab

Edited by Scapecootie

Posted (edited)

you realize without awakening ranger have no cc. Blasting gust has like 10% land rate. Awakening allow you to stun/grab. If you miss those then ur basically wasted the purpose of awakening. It's like playing a zerker without being able to grab

No, we're not wasting the purpose of awakening, nearly every awakening skill we have can 90% someone without a knock down, rangers are completely broken in 1v1's, they have been before kutum, and they still will be without kutum, The dagger IS NOT GOOD until you're at disgustingly high ap, 10% resist ignoring doesn't change the fact that you can always hit harder and work towards 1 shotting, the only reason anyone in kr is switching over is because WHEN YOU CAN 1 SHOT PEOPLE THE RESIST PEN MEANS MORE THAN 1 SHOTTING PEOPLE HARDER Till then you need every bit of ap possible, 5 ap is the difference between an ogre ring and a pri ogre ring, every ap matters especially on rangers, and the only other stat that rivals that for rangers is accuracy, which kutum lacks quite a bit of.

Watch some good kr ranger pvp videos, half their kills are kd's, half don't even need the kd, our awakening damage is just that astronomically high

Edited by Intimacy

Posted

Extractions only good for PvE. But i believe kutum off-hand will be good for any class that rely on CC. Which will be the case after awakening pretty much for everyone.. Since a pvp mostly ends after a successful CC.

With kutum we could have 30% resistance ignore, which wounds good. But what im worried about is, is it necessary for ranger? Our main CC will be our grab, and from my experience grabs has a high chance in general. So maybe we will be fine with the 20% from crystals, and use nouver. Till we reach that "ap cap" where stacking more will be useless.

Also for PvE we need to consider using kutum, there are mobs that has high evasion / dp, where this off-hand can be more effective. But again, needs to be tested, also we are still unsure hows the accuracy on kutum, or if its bugged or anything.. I already hear rumours.

Blasting gust has like 10% land rate.

I disagree with this. BG has way better chance than that from my experience. Maybe its 10% with steel + no bhegs lol.

I use a black spirit crystal carmae to get 5/5 for both AS and crit with full boss and a zarka, better than eating food imo.

You need to keep up food rotation anyway, to boost your HP. And then you could use either power crystals, or the accu + ignore resistance, which is more important in PvX. And ofc extraction for PvE.

Posted

Extractions only good for PvE. But i believe kutum off-hand will be good for any class that rely on CC. Which will be the case after awakening pretty much for everyone.. Since a pvp mostly ends after a successful CC.

With kutum we could have 30% resistance ignore, which wounds good. But what im worried about is, is it necessary for ranger? Our main CC will be our grab, and from my experience grabs has a high chance in general. So maybe we will be fine with the 20% from crystals, and use nouver. Till we reach that "ap cap" where stacking more will be useless.

Also for PvE we need to consider using kutum, there are mobs that has high evasion / dp, where this off-hand can be more effective. But again, needs to be tested, also we are still unsure hows the accuracy on kutum, or if its bugged or anything.. I already hear rumours.

I disagree with this. BG has way better chance than that from my experience. Maybe its 10% with steel + no bhegs lol.

You need to keep up food rotation anyway, to boost your HP. And then you could use either power crystals, or the accu + ignore resistance, which is more important in PvX. And ofc extraction for PvE.

you must play on uno or orwen. Blasting gust is the worst cc land rate out of all cc in game. I am rocking bheg + bronze in game with level 59. It's landing rate is terrible to the point of not even using it for cc anymore

Posted

Its not like any other crystals are useful

Ye its not like having power crysrals is bigger buff than getting tet from tri, or that accuracy and ap from crystals in mainhand affect awakening skills

kap.png