• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Discrepancy Between Artisan Memory Loyalty & Cash Shop Price Ratio

96 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

They had to quietly dispose of @GM_Caramel cause of asking too many questions :)

*pew pew*

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

they are greed af

they are sh it company, never forget.

? Are you implying you don't like making the most from your product?
Wait, do you even have a product.

oh

Posted

They had to quietly dispose of @GM_Caramel cause of asking too many questions :)

*pew pew*

I imagine she's busy. She mentioned something about moving with her family a few days ago :) and that she'd been really busy lately due to it. 

Posted

I imagine she's busy. She mentioned something about moving with her family a few days ago :) and that she'd been really busy lately due to it. 

Thats just the cover-up story bro! Don't trust them kakao's! They messed her up gangster-style and burried her!

Posted

Thats just the cover-up story bro! Don't trust them kakao's! They messed her up gangster-style and burried her!

I am definitely still here! 

Yes, I go back to Murica' in 2 days. It will be a long flight that I do not look forward to! :D 

Posted

I am definitely still here! 

Yes, I go back to Murica' in 2 days. It will be a long flight that I do not look forward to! :D 

We missed u QQ

Posted

We missed u QQ

I thought everyone hated me and my terrible witty jokes. :x 

I'll be roaming on the forums until I get back to the states and once I am able to sit down in peace I look forward to answering all of your questions/concerns. I have asked a CM to chime in on this specific thread to provide an official answer. 

Posted

I thought everyone hated me and my terrible witty jokes. :x 

I'll be roaming on the forums until I get back to the states and once I am able to sit down in peace I look forward to answering all of your questions/concerns. I have asked a CM to chime in on this specific thread to provide an official answer. 

Excuse my ignorance but... How come CM's can make official statements and you, who are a GM can not? ._. Shouldn't a Game Master/manager(s) have more control and knowledge about the game than the Community manager? ._.

I could be wrong :c But yeah.... seems to me like a person involved in the Game would be able to make more official statements about it than a community manager who is responsible for communication :/ (if we're gonna talk about that btw... How come the GM's are communicating way more than the CM's? >.< It doesn't seem right).

Posted

Excuse my ignorance but... How come CM's can make official statements and you, who are a GM can not? ._. Shouldn't a Game Master/manager(s) have more control and knowledge about the game than the Community manager? ._.

I could be wrong :c But yeah.... seems to me like a person involved in the Game would be able to make more official statements about it than a community manager who is responsible for communication :/ (if we're gonna talk about that btw... How come the GM's are communicating way more than the CM's? >.< It doesn't seem right).

Easy, the propaganda is left to the CM's, while the GM's secretly take over the (game) world.

Posted

The CM's are very much involved in the game, as they are the ones taking your feedback directly to the developers. So they need an extensive knowledge of the game to be able to do this. ^_^ 

Posted

Main job of the GMs is dealing with support tickets, while the CMs collect feedback, questions and bug reports to send them over to Pearl Abyss and/ or Project Management. This also means GMs are usually highly knowledgeable about trouble shooting of known issues but will ping us for clarification in cases of "is this intended or not?".

In the particular case discussed here, we had two options, to increase the prices of budget items like Elion's Tear to match the ratio or to live with the inconsistency. It has been decided to go for option two because it will be the more convenient for players.

Posted

Main job of the GMs is dealing with support tickets, while the CMs collect feedback, questions and bug reports to send them over to Pearl Abyss and/ or Project Management. This also means GMs are usually highly knowledgeable about trouble shooting of known issues but will ping us for clarification in cases of "is this intended or not?".

In the particular case discussed here, we had two options, to increase the prices of budget items like Elion's Tear to match the ratio or to live with the inconsistency. It has been decided to go for option two because it will be the more convenient for players.

What about the option to reduce the more expensive items to bring them in line with the cheaper ones? I think this will be the most convenient for the players and provide "better accessibilty" to these types of items.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

>while the CMs collect feedback, questions and bug reports to send them over to Pearl Abyss and/ or Project Management.

where was the feedback that everyone wanted all awakenings (that are out at the moment) to be released at once sent to?

edit: I wonder what kind of feedback you send back to PA/jouska - "hey, the game is looking great so far, no bugs, no issues, players love the convenience of having artisan's memories in the cash shop because obviously it's not p2w like valk cries wink wink"

>In the particular case discussed here, we had two options, to increase the prices of budget items like Elion's Tear to match the ratio or to live with the inconsistency. It has been decided to go for option two because it will be the more convenient for players.

why not reduce the loyalty price of artisan's memory instead? hello?

Edited by fewifewnewf
1 person likes this

Posted

What if they all of a sudden made elions tear 400 Loyalty to fix this??

Please delete this post before Kakao sees and fixes it to match the more current Memory price..

Posted

Lol 2 options 

1 person likes this

Posted

Guys lets be honest here..  I dont want to be rude or anything but telling the truth is important:

When Kakao was not Kakao but Daum they tried their best with communication and tried to make the EU/NA version different that the other regions.
BUT! When Daum changed to Kakao everything went downhill. 1) Less communication 2) Lies 3) Greed/Only money talks.

They destroyed their own company. If they ever decide to publish a new game in the future, everyone will know how they 'managed' Black Desert.

Its really sad tho.. I miss Daum.

Posted

Guys lets be honest here..  I dont want to be rude or anything but telling the truth is important:

When Kakao was not Kakao but Daum they tried their best with communication and tried to make the EU/NA version different that the other regions.
BUT! When Daum changed to Kakao everything went downhill. 1) Less communication 2) Lies 3) Greed/Only money talks.

They destroyed their own company. If they ever decide to publish a new game in the future, everyone will know how they 'managed' Black Desert.

Its really sad tho.. I miss Daum.

They just namechanged at that point afaik.

Posted

The CM's are very much involved in the game, as they are the ones taking your feedback directly to the developers. So they need an extensive knowledge of the game to be able to do this. ^_^ 

Thank you for the answer and clarification ^^.

Thank you for the answer Praballo but.... Wouldn't there be an option 3? To lower the loyalty price to match that of Elion's Tear. I think this would be much more convenient to every single player. Would remove the inconsistency and at the same time let the Pearl price stay the same. 

Posted

Thank you for the answer Praballo but.... Wouldn't there be an option 3? To lower the loyalty price to match that of Elion's Tear. I think this would be much more convenient to every single player. Would remove the inconsistency and at the same time let the Pearl price stay the same. 

That could result in less sales at the pearl store. As long as the demand is high the price will remain high. Elions tear demand is lower hence the lower price. There was just a dev post stating this.

Posted

That could result in less sales at the pearl store. As long as the demand is high the price will remain high. Elions tear demand is lower hence the lower price. There was just a dev post stating this.

Not by much. People would buy 1 per day with loyalties and then go back to using pearls as per usual. If you think 1 per day is enough, then either you have plenty of memory frags or clearly aren't attempting to upgrade gear that much. Or you're trying to upgrade one of the standard gears/weps :P (aka cheaper than Memory Frags). One of those or got plenty of loyalties stacked.

Also, where is that dev post stating that? :o can't seem to find it here on the forums >.< 

Posted

Also, where is that dev post stating that? :o can't seem to find it here on the forums >.< 

I went to the devtracker, but alas it is still broken... incompetence at its finest.