• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My opinions on the game / developer.

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Would you still think that way if we did not have access to all the 3rd party information that is available such as the somethinglovely map, Dulfy guides.  All the reddit and other guides?

What does it say when the Dev/Publisher can't even be bothered to provide players with reasonable guides, info, complete patch notes on their game.

I would say that without these guides and being able to see what happened in KR and RU that this game would have failed almost immediately.

Shame on us for supporting PA/Daum/Kakao if this is the best they can do.

This game would be a total train wreck with out all the hard work of people that do not work for Kakao or get paid for it.  To those people I thank you.

9 people like this

Posted

WoW would not be much of a game either without addons and sites like wowhead, so whats you point?

6 people like this

Posted

WoW would not be much of a game either without addons and sites like wowhead, so whats you point?

Probably this

[snip]

What does it say when the Dev/Publisher can't even be bothered to provide players with reasonable guides, info, complete patch notes on their game.

[snip]

Posted

THERE ARE GUIDES FOR THIS GAME?

lol, I learned the game via talking to players and trial and error. For example, did you know you can feed a horse being tame by another player, and that counts a feeding the horse therefor you can help newbies tam horse without them feeding it? I tried this recently, and one of the newbies in my guild is now a proud owner of a t3 horse.

But nah, screw communication,  I getcha OP, I getcha. Why bother learning when you can just get spoon feed info. from sites.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow has been around how long again?  Did you need any websites to figure out how to play WOW when it launched?  I think there was plenty of information provided by Blizzard.  I don't recall needing to go to any 3rd party sites to play the game.

The point being is from day one people were forced to go to 3rd party sites to figure things out as there was essentially nothing provided by Kakao.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd much rather have a huge, expansive game that requires player collaboration on research to figure everything out.

You want to be spoonfed? Try World of Warcraft.

I thought you were going to bring up one of the actual arguments against this game. I'm very surprised.

4 people like this

Posted

I'd much rather have a huge, expansive game that requires player collaboration on research to figure everything out.

You want to be spoonfed? Try World of Warcraft.

I thought you were going to bring up one of the actual arguments against this game. I'm very surprised.

yes people do want to be spoon fed and that's one of the main reason the game is dying. I went back to wow and I'm enjoying the shit out of it..... BDO is the last Asian MMO game I'm playing... Asian MMO'S are a pay to win grind fest which I am staying out of..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Personally I love the fact that they don't hold your hand and show you every thing. I love discovering stuff myself. WoW was fun but it has in recent years dumbed down gaming a lot. When it was new it had far less hand holding. What ever happened to wanting a challenge? I rarely look up guides unless it is to an event that is going on and then its only so I don't miss anything. Part of the problem is the players themselves. It used to be that when you played an MMO and a new player asked for some help or information people were happy to help. Now its just troll answers and smart ass remarks.

Edited to add, I do agree they need to do a better job with the patch notes.

Edited by Psychotica
1 person likes this

Posted

I do wish patch notes were more detailed (and checked for accuracy...),

but it's pretty normal for players to research and provide the really in-depth guides in MMOs.

Posted

I would actually prefer not to have this kind of information, so people need to figure things out instead of visiting KR and prepare ahead of EU/NA patches. There is no fun in that.

Posted

New Generation Kids...... always want Games where they don´t even need a "Brain" to play it......

2 people like this

Posted

It says "gee, this MMORPG is like most other MMORPGs, which as a genre are notoriously poorly documented."

I judge a game by the quality of the game, not by the quality of the player guides. But whatever floats your boat.

yes people do want to be spoon fed and that's one of the main reason the game is dying. I went back to wow and I'm enjoying the shit out of it..... BDO is the last Asian MMO game I'm playing... Asian MMO'S are a pay to win grind fest which I am staying out of..

And yet, here you are.

Posted

Damn dirty casuals.

Posted (edited)

Uh... FFXI was like .. there's mobs in the world... go kill them. Quests? You had to actually read them and follow what they were saying to know where to go next, absolutely zero quest guidance... So.. I don't really get why you think the DEV needs to spoon feed you everything. Its a game, try to enjoy it instead of rushing to the "end" and quitting. 

Edited by Easik
3 people like this

Posted

Them kids wanting everything spoonfed.Yes i dor ead some guides,but most of the fun is discovering quests and such by myself

Posted

Yeah what's the point of a game if you have to learn it ?! There is no fun in that !

xD

Posted

Wow has been around how long again?  Did you need any websites to figure out how to play WOW when it launched?  I think there was plenty of information provided by Blizzard.  I don't recall needing to go to any 3rd party sites to play the game.

The point being is from day one people were forced to go to 3rd party sites to figure things out as there was essentially nothing provided by Kakao.

thottbot

Launch WoW was pretty bad.

In-game resources are pretty bad here. Thankfully the game had already been out for a while in Korea so it's not hard to find information on the internet.

Posted

Personally I prefer to play without a guide. I feel that a guide takes the challenge out of it...only resorting to one when frustration hits overkill

Posted

When you withhold information it makes it really easy for the PM's and CM's to feed what they know to their playing buddies giving them a huge advantage.  Which has happened in this game.

Incomplete patch notes, virtually no information from the Devs or Producers leads to absolutely no transparency.

Instead of playing and learning the game you are made to google google google and learn KR and RU.  That is not playing the game and lot of people gained huge advantages by inside information and knowing what was coming next and when.

It is garbage.  Too bad most players either don't care or are not smart enough to understand what is going on.

Posted

Guess PA experiencing pressure from said publisher and stopped giving much shit about coding the game cause same bugs are still here after 1yr+ and new bugs with every little patch and the server stability is situationally shit too here

So milk it out before it dies, so far they only released linear content, they have no further plans with bdo than to milk it out

Posted

The one guide that the stole from someone else the Siege and castle guide they screwed up a bunch of times.........But they care..........  They never did answer the many many questions about the node wars and sieges either.  They care just like the IRS cares about you.

Posted

What guides?

"Hunt mob. Repeat."

Posted

Would you still think that way if we did not have access to all the 3rd party information that is available such as the somethinglovely map, Dulfy guides.

I would say that without these guides and being able to see what happened in KR and RU that this game would have failed almost immediately.

Pardon me for asking, but what content site have you created OP? I am asking because it seems like you're speaking for content creators who have spent a lot of time and effort on BDO informational sites.

Posted

Maybe you could quote me fully where I gave those 3rd parties thanks for doing what they have done.  You have completely missed the point of my posts.

I think it is great we have these resources.  BDO almost requires them.  We (guilds) had to go look for KR and RU guides for node wars because Kakao was too lazy to produce one.  They finally plagiarized another KR guide, didn't bother to credit them and got a bunch of it wrong when they made NA/EU changes.

How in game would you find out about monopoly bonuses gained from having a number 1 house?  How about a quest line....nope. 

I am not expecting to be spoon fed everything but there is virtually no manual, guide anything from the Dev/producers and getting questions answered by them is next to impossible.  They are still checking on that little energy issue right.......I guess PA doesn't work for weeks on end lol.

Posted (edited)

Uh... FFXI was like .. there's mobs in the world... go kill them. Quests? You had to actually read them and follow what they were saying to know where to go next, absolutely zero quest guidance... So.. I don't really get why you think the DEV needs to spoon feed you everything. Its a game, try to enjoy it instead of rushing to the "end" and quitting. 

Shhhh! FFXI was the last remnant of what real exploratory immersive MMORPGs were before WoW came along a year later.
RIPFFXIIFRITSERVERFTW

Edited by Asterotis