• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My opinions on the game / developer.

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Would you still think that way if we did not have access to all the 3rd party information that is available such as the somethinglovely map, Dulfy guides.  All the reddit and other guides?

What does it say when the Dev/Publisher can't even be bothered to provide players with reasonable guides, info, complete patch notes on their game.

I would say that without these guides and being able to see what happened in KR and RU that this game would have failed almost immediately.

Shame on us for supporting PA/Daum/Kakao if this is the best they can do.

This game would be a total train wreck with out all the hard work of people that do not work for Kakao or get paid for it.  To those people I thank you.

image.png

Posted

image.png

Its Pat!

Posted

When you withhold information it makes it really easy for the PM's and CM's to feed what they know to their playing buddies giving them a huge advantage.  Which has happened in this game.

Got some evidence to back that up? The only game I know of where this has been verified and acknowledged even by the game's management is EVE Online, but I've played other games where there was plenty of potential for it, even in spite of company policies forbidding it.

How in game would you find out about monopoly bonuses gained from having a number 1 house?  How about a quest line....nope. 

Actually, there is in-game information about the investment banks requiring a rank 1 house. And I found out about trading specialties entirely by accident, by getting a top-ranked house while I was decorating it.

No developer interaction required.

Posted

Would you still think that way if we did not have access to all the 3rd party information that is available such as the somethinglovely map, Dulfy guides.  All the reddit and other guides?

What does it say when the Dev/Publisher can't even be bothered to provide players with reasonable guides, info, complete patch notes on their game.

I would say that without these guides and being able to see what happened in KR and RU that this game would have failed almost immediately.

This game would be a total train wreck with out all the hard work of people that do not work for Kakao or get paid for it.  To those people I thank you.

isnt the point of letting players figure out stuff instead of spoonfeeding everything?

Posted

KR and RU did ok without any guides when they started and they seem just fine.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow has been around how long again?  Did you need any websites to figure out how to play WOW when it launched?  I think there was plenty of information provided by Blizzard.  I don't recall needing to go to any 3rd party sites to play the game.

The point being is from day one people were forced to go to 3rd party sites to figure things out as there was essentially nothing provided by Kakao.

If you cant play BDO with the tutorial & starter quests... Ok. Node wars and sieges are explained on website. Are they in depth? No, but that's where player content comes in. It's like that in pretty much any mmo. The patchnotes, yeah that's rly bad :(

I'm not happy how they do things, cause it ruins it for how I want to play a game when doing it for competitive owpvp gameplay. That doesnt mean it's a bad mmo. If ur casual and/or dont mind spending a reasonable amount of money this game is prolly awesome. If u love solo pve in a mmo world. There isn't a better game out there. You can actually solo all pve content.

Trust me that some ppl will be surprised I have somtething positve to say about this game. But thats from another (my BDO) perspective:  competitive owpvp  without P2W antics and how it was catered to that communiy before it launched, before cbt's even. I'm very much aware there are many ways to approach a mmo. There are some that are not able to make that distinction and relay everything to their approach.

Im about to play a very heavy F2P/P2W mmo. But casual with fiends, for the large group pve content. U wont see me have an opinion on the forum in P2W discussions. Cause there... I know about it and playing the game for a very different reason.

I'll spare u the fugly xp I had with WoW since it's not relevant to BDO. As a new guy between AA and BDO. It was awefull for a noob.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It says "gee, this MMORPG is like most other MMORPGs, which as a genre are notoriously poorly documented."

I judge a game by the quality of the game, not by the quality of the player guides. But whatever floats your boat.

And yet, here you are.

here I'm not. I quit about a month ago... You lose😛

Bottom line the game has lost so many players that people are crying for mergers.. If you like this game so be it but WOW is the king of MMO'S for a reason... enough said.

Edited by ReyRey5000

Posted

And yet, in spite of your claims to the contrary, here you are.

Posted

And yet, in spite of your claims to the contrary, here you are.

yes I am at work and I stop by many forums when I'm bored. Don't quote me if you don't want me here... Again.... you lose😜 

Posted

wait there are guides to BDO on dulfy? O.o

Actually, there is in-game information about the investment banks requiring a rank 1 house.

even I know it! and it would be pretty much everything I know on investment banks apart from them using gold ingots.....

then.....

why bother visiting forums?

dunno how for ya guys but for me when you truelly "quit" the game it would be illogical to even bother with visiting it's forums

because you know, you quit, it's over, you no longer care, not to mention you ceasing to be up to date with ingame events and stuff......

Posted

wait there are guides to BDO on dulfy? O.o

even I know it! and it would be pretty much everything I know on investment banks apart from them using gold ingots.....

then.....

why bother visiting forums?

dunno how for ya guys but for me when you truelly "quit" the game it would be illogical to even bother with visiting it's forums

because you know, you quit, it's over, you no longer care, not to mention you ceasing to be up to date with ingame events and stuff......

like I said.. I am bored at work and I check many forums.. maybe something would change that I may want to come back for.. you should be happy people like me check back with the game, if not you won't get any returning players

Posted

Wow has been around how long again?  Did you need any websites to figure out how to play WOW when it launched?  I think there was plenty of information provided by Blizzard.  I don't recall needing to go to any 3rd party sites to play the game.

The point being is from day one people were forced to go to 3rd party sites to figure things out as there was essentially nothing provided by Kakao.

that's because WOW is a friggin KID GAME it takes you by the hand into the most linear quest lines ever created for 6years old +.

BDO is a more mature game for people who can figure out stuff by themselves.

gtfo there is no debate to have about this.

New Generation Kids...... always want Games where they don´t even need a "Brain" to play it......

because they don't hav dem bruh , aint nobody got time for that.

brb going in line for 3 days to buy an Iphone7

Uh... FFXI was like .. there's mobs in the world... go kill them. Quests? You had to actually read them and follow what they were saying to know where to go next, absolutely zero quest guidance... So.. I don't really get why you think the DEV needs to spoon feed you everything. Its a game, try to enjoy it instead of rushing to the "end" and quitting. 

WoW is first mmo man and does everything better , every game should copy it...wait..
how many wow clones succeded again...?..0 right ?

like I said.. I am bored at work and I check many forums.. maybe something would change that I may want to come back for.. you should be happy people like me check back with the game, if not you won't get any returning players

damn you so edgy bro

Posted (edited)

I dunno, I seem to remember at launch that they hinted at it being without official guides & public API's for a reason...   They thought that they could keep all the info hidden from the players until the player tried hard enough to discover it on their own.  As in it was meant to have more "hardcore" exploration elements.  Infact they actually CONFIRMED this when they had to admit that we also had hidden random level-up Stats.   It's the height of Hubris in this day and age to assume that not supporting a Wiki means that it will take longer for all of your players to completely consume all the content and unlock everything that you think should require individual trial and error.

If you expected players to take a while to discover every Recipe for things, then the only way to go about doing it would be to individually randomize those recipes for every account so that a Wiki couldn't just hold every possible Combination.  Of course .... that would also require little hints to be distributed all over the world because if the Crafter gets stuck for tooooo long, they'll just quit and maybe even do a charge back.  Most people don't seem to know how to work with Rogue Elements.  Infact the rash of Proceedurally generated content games we've seen lately really proves that most so called game designers out there are literally f***ing retards when it comes to seeing any kind of larger picture and the fans who kickstart them are just as bad

Edited by iller

Posted

technically speaking I'm returning player.... >.>

but then I rarely truelly quit a game - usually just take some breakes

but then your presence apart - there is a hellalote way too many people that "quit" the game and then stick to forums only to do a mess on how they quit, how game sucks etc. and those are which troubless me most... I mean where is the logic here?

Posted

I mean where is the logic here?

The only logical thing around here is the RNG algorithm. And everyone is looking for it.

It's a forum with human input: Everything is subjective and irrational... Wtf oO

Posted

The only logical thing around here is the RNG algorithm. And everyone is looking for it.

It's a forum with human input: Everything is subjective and irrational... Wtf oO

ya say I should have stahped feeding myself volcan phylosophies? :P

Posted

ya say I should have stahped feeding myself volcan phylosophies? :P

Nah sci-fi is rly good ... just keep remembering it's sci-fi :P

Posted

I've played a great many MMORPGs for almost twenty years (started with Ultima Online in 1997) and I can't recall a single one of them that I didn't depend on 3rd party guides created by players.  OP I see no reason for you to single out BDO for something that is so common with MMORPG games.

Posted

Silly new age MMO gamers.

Most MMOs guides and stuff come from players doing the research on the Public Test Servers/in-game, then posting them either on an outside website or on the games forums.

With the exception to patch notes (they can do better), all the other stuff is not on the game company to provide.

You as a player are supposed to actually figure out how to do some stuff in the game. 

Posted (edited)

WoW is first mmo man and does everything better , every game should copy it...wait..how many wow clones succeded again...?..0 right ?

Funny thing about that is that many of WoWs mechanics were blatant rip offs of Everquests mechanics which is what made it so easy for MMO players to jump right into and get hooked. It was like playing Everquest with a new look and new characters when it first started ( yeah I'm old I played WoW in Alpha :P )

Edited by Psychotica
1 person likes this

Posted

Not so long ago, I would have groaned at a thread like this.

Sadly, there is a lot of evidence that suggests Pearl Abyss are not worthy of trust and I totally get where the OP is coming from. I have relied on unofficial guides 100% to learn the mechanics of this game. The game itself doesn't help much at all when it comes to learning how to do most stuff.

Posted

So you're pissed at the dev's because they never held your hand and showed you exactly what to do and when to do it? Go back to WoW, this isn't one of those handholding themepark MMOs that you're used to.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So you're pissed at the dev's because they never held your hand and showed you exactly what to do and when to do it? Go back to WoW, this isn't one of those handholding themepark MMOs that you're used to.

I know talizar and he is a pretty good player.. but do not worry, many players already left for WOW. You don't have to tell them to go.. Hit me up if your playing WOW talizar.. I'm in a good pvp guild :)

Edited by ReyRey5000

Posted

Evaluate the karma system, its a fakin handholding freakshow ^^

Posted

The thing about your opinions is that its full of onions. You have it in your mouth and its fine for you but it stinks to us.

1 person likes this