• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

re-optimizing Performance Problem As Of Recently! - Game needs more optimization!

107 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

after coming back to the game about a week ago now. it seems in certain area's now im getting horrendous performance now. compared to when i was previously playing which was just a couple weeks before valencia hit.

for example. trying to do certain world bosses now its just a pure nightmare. the FPS drops is insane, and for the likes of karanda which its really important to see where her AOE is going to be shown. its a right pain trying to do certain world bosses now.

has anyone noticed a impact on performance or is it just me ?

:EDIT:

it seems im not the only one thats seen a noticeable inpact on performance. maybe this thread could be used as some awareness for kakao to start re-optimizing the game

PSA: For Discord Users

Edited by DiBBz
10 people like this

Posted

I have as well, it's depressing :/

Posted

I have as well, it's depressing :/

also dunno if its just me but it seems city's like hidel and altinova and what not seem to load in slower for some odd reason. i dunno if thats to do with the beer event or what not but yeah its killing me in terms of FPS!

Posted

It did - 100 man guild - 30 ish members recently started having issues.

Posted

also dunno if its just me but it seems city's like hidel and altinova and what not seem to load in slower for some odd reason. i dunno if thats to do with the beer event or what not but yeah its killing me in terms of FPS!

Probably this. My issues started after the beer patch.

Standing in Heidel was drop of about 5 fps for me this weekend. 

Posted

Yes, it gets progressively worse every time they add in a new patch. Thanks cowcow!

Posted

My problem started after the Sorc awakening patch that came with that stupid oktoberfest.

Posted

I've also lost alot of FPS in the last two patches and the servers lags even more now in EU :(

Posted

Yep, Calpheon is the worst for me. It loads like molasses. Couple of patches back it seemed to be fine but it just got horribad again. Some areas in the Calpheon territory like some Barns, have horrible lag and there's hardly anything big around to be rendered. The game is horribly optimized. I have Sapphire 7950 x2 and running BDO in slightly graphics and high medium details. Bringing it down to medium or low does not change a thing in performance. For me, it actually performs worst.

Posted

well its good to hear that im not the only one having Performance issues. 

its a shame really. id love to enjoy this game and progress better with doing world bosses. but with the performance im getting the now it seems almost impossible to even be applicable of getting any sort of reward.

FPS issues impacts performance you do in game. and youve you cant do well in gameplay. youre hindered overall!

this seriously needs to be addressed just like they are going to start addressing the popin rendering problem thats been plaguing the game all this time

Posted

Game needs a lot of things.  Too bad they all take money investments from Kakao.  Not happening.  Cheapest servers to host the game.  A hosting company that has no clue how to stop ddos attacks, well the tell us all these issues are ddos issues.  No proof of it though.  More like bandwidth metering.  You get what you pay for folks.  When you go cheap you get lousy performance.

Posted

Same issues here, started after the Mediah patch for me. There are loads of complaints in the BDO technical section, you may want to check there, as there is a statement from a GM on possible solutions. Centurylink isp here, Iowa, for what it's worth. GL

Posted (edited)

after coming back to the game about a week ago now. it seems in certain area's now im getting horrendous performance now. compared to when i was previously playing which was just a couple weeks before valencia hit.

for example. trying to do certain world bosses now its just a pure nightmare. the FPS drops is insane, and for the likes of karanda which its really important to see where her AOE is going to be shown. its a right pain trying to do certain world bosses now.

it seems im not the only one thats seen a noticeable inpact on performance. maybe this thread could be used as some awareness for kakao to start re-optimizing the game

Do this.every mayor patch,go to your documents folder,delete the user cache,then go to the cache folder in the game directory.delete that too.surprisingly,cleaning those regularly,fixes even some connection problems and fixed a ton of the desync too

Edited by LinaCrysta

Posted

Do this.every mayor patch,go to your documents folder,delete the user cache,then go to the cache folder in the game directory.delete that too.surprisingly,cleaning those regularly,fixes even some connection problems and fixed a ton of the desync too

not to sound rude or anything but isnt usercache related to your UI settings and what not ? cause id preferably not like to screw up my UI that took me hours to get right

Posted

not to sound rude or anything but isnt usercache related to your UI settings and what not ? cause id preferably not like to screw up my UI that took me hours to get right

youll have to redo your shortcuts after you do that.i was having this problem,almost immediate disconnects,fps hits,random crashes.when i did that,altough it was annoying to set my shortcuts again.it fixed it all,even reduced my desync.I couldnt believe it myself that doing that would solve so many things

Posted (edited)

This my first post ever, but I have to say that something needs to be done about this. The game ran fine for me up untill the last patch, now its crap; suttering, split second freezes, the pop in is worse than ever. People complain about other stuff, which I agree with some, but if the game runs like crap, who cares. Spent 2 days checking drivers, ssd, cpu, running different settings in game, deleted cashe, ran file repairs. All my other games running perfect. I have i7 4770, GTX 970, game on ssd. It really becoming game breaking for me.

Server: Croxus EU

Edited by DavyDark

Posted

will be nice if we get xp/gem loss removed from world boss i cant get more than 4fps on karanda no matter what grapich options i use and most of times i get roll back to the boss AOE and get killed

Posted

indeed for a couple of weeks seems there is a random drop in FPS from time to time. At start Kzarka had more people than now yet my FPS was constant and at lower settings I had stable 35+fps now it is barely 20 at optimization with arguably same number of people at best. 

Posted (edited)

This has been an issue since the Valencia 1 patch. My issues are different in that I get multiple BSOD's, crashes to desktops, and DC's all the time. Only started since the patch. I have chatted with many others having the same issues as I have and they have been discussed in the support forums many times.

BDO has ignored every post and ticket and done nothing to correct it!  My friends have left the game but I just reboot my PC and carry on. The day that all these BSOD's corrupt my OS I'm done also.  It's just a matter of time!  Seems to be worse when I'm afk fishing or auto-pathing so I can't do them any more. Sad!  

Specifically the issue is that file blackdesert64.exe in the bin directory is sending a random illegal instruction to my CPU in Windows 10.  Windows 7 works perfectly and the game was fine before the Valencia patch. They tweaked something that broke it during the patch and my guess is that they can't find it now. So they keep patching and ignore us.

EDIT:  A common denominator is the type of CPU we have. If it's an odd config, that seems to do it. My CPU has 6 cores.  My wife's and Sons only have 4 cores and they are fine. Most CPU's these days are 4 core CPU's. 

Edited by mijorious

Posted

This has been an issue since the Valencia 1 patch. My issues are different in that I get multiple BSOD's, crashes to desktops, and DC's all the time. Only started since the patch. I have chatted with many others having the same issues as I have and they have been discussed in the support forums many times.

BDO has ignored every post and ticket and done nothing to correct it!  My friends have left the game but I just reboot my PC and carry on. The day that all these BSOD's corrupt my OS I'm done also.  It's just a matter of time!  Seems to be worse when I'm afk fishing or auto-pathing so I can't do them any more. Sad!  

Specifically the issue is that file blackdesert64.exe in the bin directory is sending a random illegal instruction to my CPU in Windows 10.  Windows 7 works perfectly and the game was fine before the Valencia patch. They tweaked something that broke it during the patch and my guess is that they can't find it now. So they keep patching and ignore us.

EDIT:  A common denominator is the type of CPU we have. If it's an odd config, that seems to do it. My CPU has 6 cores.  My wife's and Sons only have 4 cores and they are fine. Most CPU's these days are 4 core CPU's. 

well i was still playing till about a week into valencia part 1 release. however wasnt really doing grinding or anything of that matter. was just logging in for loyalty then i took a brake!

but yeah after coming back im noticed alot more lockups and a considerable amount of hard desktop crashes! its unacceptable really at this point.

Posted

Don't worry they're upgrading servers tomorrow 

LUL

Posted

Don't worry they're upgrading servers tomorrow 

LUL

yeah the servers... but that still doesn't help with stuttering and FPS problems that the game still has as of now!

Posted

I actually didn't notice the fps drop, it usually happens when some other player come next to you and do his abilities and stuff so it just starting freezing dropping a lot of fps just to render his moves, also depends on your PC as well

Happened to me a lot every time i'm grinding at sausans or helms, just if one guy pass by i start having fps drops

Posted

I actually didn't notice the fps drop, it usually happens when some other player come next to you and do his abilities and stuff so it just starting freezing dropping a lot of fps just to render his moves, also depends on your PC as well

Happened to me a lot every time i'm grinding at sausans or helms, just if one guy pass by i start having fps drops

not really a PC problem is it considering everyone here has all ready mentioned that they had a perfectly fine playing experience before all these updates ruined performance!

which not to sound rude. means we once had a perfectly stable playing experience, but now its pretty much ruined.

that doesn't speak PC problems. that speaks game development problems that they have failed to refine and optimize.

Posted

Surely, its because of a growing player population.