• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

ORWEN - Node War History

30 posts in this topic

Posted

With the help of @Sleepy, we've got 2 months of node war data in the can, which you can check out here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DzbtBWMMrpq4iVLa2bA45TIXZPLl5pf9BKqQCeRre7o/edit?usp=sharing

Overall Data

Total data points:  1195

Captured nodes:  737 (61%)

Open nodes:  458 (38%)

Guild* Data

Guilds that captured at least 1 node: 114

Guilds that captured at least 1 territory:  14

Top 5 Node Caps:

Nigh-----ch (17), Templar (15), Aethereal (14),  Infernal (13), Soul of the Dragon (13)

Top 5 Territory Caps:

LotD (6), FoE (5), Relevant (5), Rage (4), Iconic (3)

Lokien's Takeaways

• LotD and FoE go HAM on nodes on weeks that they aren't holding a territory.
  • For a guild that builds bases and doesn't actually show up to fight, SoulOfTheDragon has a staggering volume of node captures.
  • There are about 40 guilds that average at least 1 node per week.
  • Many guilds started very territorial (keeping the same node week to week) and have shifted to dropping wherever they could find a fight.
  • While the alliances no longer exist (for the most part), it is interesting to see the that unofficial factions left in their wake (Legacy vs. Meerkats) are fairly balanced in terms of territory caps.  Each faction has had 16 territory caps over the past 2 months.  So there's some sort of PvP equilibrium working itself out on Orwen.
  • The data is interesting but is easily manipulated (building a fort to take an uncontested win) and misleading (no caps could have been a great 5 guild fight that ended in stalemate).
  • I would like to do a weekly poll similar to the BCS to get the Guildmasters' thoughts on who the best on the server are.  And also see the salt flow every week.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Criticisms?  Concerns?

* Note:  The data only takes into account the guild that captured the node at the time it was captured.  It does not take into account guilds who have merged/imploded/changed their name.  So, for example, the guilds "Legatum" and "Ascendence" are treated as different guilds in the data despite the fact that they are essentially the same guilds at different points in their history.

3 people like this

Posted

Im a sheep bahhhh

Posted

I'm just curious to see if a new Orwen "power house" guild will ever show up, aka something along the lines of FoE and Rage merging. Or if it'll go in the opposite direction with larger guilds, like LOTD, Iconic, Relevant, splitting up a bit into more 60ish man guilds, such as Rage, and FoE currently are. 

Posted (edited)

To complete your chart,
Week 1: Wandering Rogues Den and Rhua Tree Stub were held by RavensOfWar
Week 2: Karanda Ridge and Northwestern Gateway were held by RavensOfWar

Also, got RavensOfWar data for "practice weeks", the opening week, and the week of 7/7 and 7/18

Cheers!

node3.PNG

nodes.PNG

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted

I'm just curious to see if a new Orwen "power house" guild will ever show up, aka something along the lines of FoE and Rage merging. Or if it'll go in the opposite direction with larger guilds, like LOTD, Iconic, Relevant, splitting up a bit into more 60ish man guilds, such as Rage, and FoE currently are. 

Absent a major event that triggers an influx or exodus of players, I don't foresee either happening.  To me, it seems far more likely that smaller guilds will start consolidating to make more mid-majors like Rage, FoE, Ascendence, etc. 

But with Farm Simulator 17 coming out next month... I would be surprised if any guild had more than 10 active players at a given time.

Posted

More and more small guilds are merging since they changed how guild missions work - need X number of members to do a medium mission, X number for large, x-large, etc. Two small guilds have told me they were looking to merge, even if there were a lot of inactives, just to be able to take the larger missions.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for doing this! Looking over the stats is fun. Btw, I think you should combine stats for guilds that renamed. 

Edited by Rhyha

Posted

well relevant has been hovering around an 80 man guild atm, the original goal was to have a smaller guild with the strongest players. we may be going back to those roots with the awakenings making it more viable

Posted

Thanks for doing this! Looking over the stats is fun. Btw, I think you should combine stats for guilds that renamed. 

I had thought about doing that, but decided against it for 3 compelling reasons:

1.  I don't want to diminish an accomplishment of a certain group at a certain time under a certain banner.  If Veritas took a castle, it wouldn't be fair for me to go back and rewrite history and erase that accomplishment to say Iconic took that castle or vice-versa.

2.  Do I use the old name?  Or the new name?  What to do about dormant guilds like Dysfunctional that were subsequently snapped up by groups looking to avoid guild quests? 

3. Laziness.

Posted

well relevant has been hovering around an 80 man guild atm, the original goal was to have a smaller guild with the strongest players. we may be going back to those roots with the awakenings making it more viable

Tbh, that was a far cooler concept that what Relevant is today. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh, that was a far cooler concept that what Relevant is today. 

sigh, agreed my dude.

Posted

Not with about 5 people applying a week to LotD, were having to make difficult decisions every week. We started very small and casual coming into this game. A few guilds liked PvPing with us and merged into us. Thats happened about 4-5 times now. I really wouldn't count on us splitting.

1 person likes this

Posted

it'd be dope if all the guilds did this tbh, the 100 man zerg shit is lame af

Posted

nice free farm server idiot

Posted

Thanks for keeping a log of this kind of data. Way to take this on! I know that this must have taken out of your own gameplay time so I just want to say I appreciate it! Cheers

Posted

it'd be dope if all the guilds did this tbh, the 100 man zerg shit is lame af

Yeah, it'd be a lot of fun. Won't even happen though. A shame, really. 

Posted

This is awesome. Thanks for putting it together.

Posted

Good work and very presentable!

Did something happen with the Valencia nodes? I know I recorded those nodes for sure.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it'd be a lot of fun. Won't even happen though. A shame, really. 

we'll trim the fat eventually, but i doubt the other 2 will :/

and if we dont ill prolly quit sooner rather than later cause zerg shit isnt fun for me

Edited by Slurzy

Posted (edited)

Thanks for keeping a log of this kind of data. Way to take this on! I know that this must have taken out of your own gameplay time so I just want to say I appreciate it! Cheers

You can thank @Sleepy  for all the heavy lifting.  I just swoop in, change the colors, and take the credit ;)

Edited by Lokien

Posted

we'll trim the fat eventually, but i doubt the other 2 will :/

and if we dont ill prolly quit sooner rather than later cause zerg shit isnt fun for me

same

Posted

Irrelevant server.

Posted

anyone else this its hilarious they censor out the t-w-a-t from night-watch?

Posted

Irrelevant server.

Thanks for busting out your throw-away forum account for that one, chief. 

Maybe you could take a hint from the scrubs that provoked you into making the fake account in the first place:  Man Up.

Posted (edited)

You can thank @Sleepy  for all the heavy lifting.  I just swoop in, change the colors, and take the credit ;)

My life would be easier if Kakao released node war data. I have some reasons to believe why they haven't done it yet but those are tin-foiled conspiracies.

Edited by Sleepy