• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So how are the official numbers looking?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty interested.

Posted

Bad. Or good. Depends on who you ask. I say terrible. 

Posted

If you played at launch and the month following, you can tell how much smaller in population the servers are.

I think UNO is healthier than most, but it's clearly hurting.

If i had to come up with a guess, lets say we are at about 100K concurrent users (and at any given time, maybe 30k of those are not afk)

Posted

Well, I ate 2 eggs for breakfast today and enjoyed them.

2 people like this

Posted

You know its quite normal people that the palyer curve isenormous down after the first month for the most games? 

Still we are doing better then tera BnS 
For a game of this kind its doing really well

Posted (edited)

You know its quite normal people that the palyer curve isenormous down after the first month for the most games? 

Still we are doing better then tera BnS 
For a game of this kind its doing really well

source?

Edited by mad
2 people like this

Posted

14393261_1710594069264256_1380460866_o.p

As example. besides BnS started with a lot more interest at the beginning then BDO, but is now lower in interest. 
lost quite hard... 

Posted

Oh waw I didn't know about Trends, it's interesting ! Thanks !

I've modified the search a little bit specifying the "online game" category for each term and added one of the games I play occasionally, here are the detailed results in 12 months range:

safe_image.php?d=AQCYGf1SpHosPC58&w=526&

Source

Posted

so doing worse than GW2 obviously and same as B&S and Tera... and every forum warrior claims B&S is shait and dead... thanks

Posted

A little more in depth search to see distinct values , 3 months range :

safe_image.php?d=AQBltxEazPmyo1wx&w=526&

Source

Posted

I wouldn't exactly call google search trends reliable player figures.

Posted

It's only the general interest, yep.

Posted

Ys but what would you? 

The people here onthe forum which make roughly 3-5% from the ingame people? 

Posted

It's only the general interest, yep.

Not entirely, the searches could easily be taken in a negative fashion

BDO does have a notorious reputation as a b2p p2w game so I'm going to assume thats a good chunk of the searches.

Posted

DOTA 2 - Free to play. Is not a MMORPG. Argument invalid because you're trying to put a MOBA game to a list of MMORPG. 

Guild wars 2 - Decent, started in 2012. Still going, and breathing live. Have plenty of advertising. 

BnS - Okayish. Started around January 2016  for NA.

Tera - Been around  2011. Became a free to play, and was featured in Steam.

Black desert online have small lead over the Blade and Soul, and Tera. Their competition with BnS might've been intense, but BDO is still up slightly ahead.

If I throw Guild wars 2 into the pot. It would be the highest, and far ahead of any other searches.

Seriously you guy are grasping at straw to try to keep badmouthing about Black desert online. Can we at least stop this now?

Posted

DOTA 2 - Free to play. Is not a MMORPG. Argument invalid because you're trying to put a MOBA game to a list of MMORPG. 

Guild wars 2 - Decent, started in 2012. Still going, and breathing live. Have plenty of advertising. 

BnS - Okayish. Started around January 2016  for NA.

Tera - Been around  2011. Became a free to play, and was featured in Steam.

Black desert online have small lead over the Blade and Soul, and Tera. Their competition with BnS might've been intense, but BDO is still up slightly ahead.

If I throw Guild wars 2 into the pot. It would be the highest, and far ahead of any other searches.

Hidden Content

we are reading the charts differently then as this is trends for searches where top 3 is p2w term where the spike is.

Moreover, more than 30% of the weight of the trend comes from Russia, so NA/EU popularity is lower than that. 

Also that doesn't mean players means searches in google but down the bottom you can see what is actually searched. It is a source rather than having no source. Popularity in search looks same as Tera, I don't have steam at the moment but we can easily check concurent users using steam for Tera no? Can someone share that info

Posted

we are reading the charts differently then as this is trends for searches where top 3 is p2w term where the spike is.

Moreover, more than 30% of the weight of the trend comes from Russia, so NA/EU popularity is lower than that. 

Also that doesn't mean players means searches in google but down the bottom you can see what is actually searched. It is a source rather than having no source. Popularity in search looks same as Tera, I don't have steam at the moment but we can easily check concurent users using steam for Tera no? Can someone share that info

I narrowed my search to just NA, and to your surprise. Almost all the state in NA for past 12 month, BDO have leading among the two other game:

BnS, and Tera. 

This does not define the actual game population however.

Posted

I narrowed my search to just NA, and to your surprise. Almost all the state in NA for past 12 month, BDO have leading among the two other game:

BnS, and Tera. 

This does not define the actual game population however.

which is a good think it would of been scary if it doesn't but if there is any correlation to population and google activity how much better do you think BDO is compared to Tera? As Tera has average of 1.9k users last 30 days. :( 

Posted

which is a good think it would of been scary if it doesn't but if there is any correlation to population and google activity how much better do you think BDO is compared to Tera? As Tera has average of 1.9k users last 30 days. :( 

The thing is, we do not have an official numbers provided to us by the developers, or any other group. However I would say that we average about numbers of 6,000 to 7,000 players daily. Probably higher, probably lower. But you have to consider that there are

3 servers for NA, 3 servers for EU.

12 channels per server.

So population counts would have to take in numbers of all 72 channels.

Posted

The thing is, we do not have an official numbers provided to us by the developers, or any other group. However I would say that we average about numbers of 6,000 to 7,000 players daily. Probably higher, probably lower. But you have to consider that there are

3 servers for NA, 3 servers for EU.

12 channels per server.

So population counts would have to take in numbers of all 72 channels.

you see we can come to a number we both agree on. 6-7k sounds about right I think it may even be 5-6k per region. But because of this I really question the 1 million units sold claim. 

Posted

you see we can come to a number we both agree on. 6-7k sounds about right I think it may even be 5-6k per region. But because of this I really question the 1 million units sold claim. 

I don't see alot of advertising for Black desert online. Beside we don't have an exact numbers of how many players there are per region or server, or anything. We would have to call almost every big guilds, every sall guilds. Line them up, and demand them to tell us the numbers.

THen kidnap every guildless, throw them into jail, and torture them. Trying to get them to reveal their friend's location.

Posted

I don't see alot of advertising for Black desert online. Beside we don't have an exact numbers of how many players there are per region or server, or anything. We would have to call almost every big guilds, every sall guilds. Line them up, and demand them to tell us the numbers.

THen kidnap every guildless, throw them into jail, and torture them. Trying to get them to reveal their friend's location.

sad .. you saw the post about the painter ? This game is so beautiful and yet... sad really.

Posted (edited)

sad .. you saw the post about the painter ? This game is so beautiful and yet... sad really.

I had not. The game could be great, but with lack of advertising for BDO, and how everyone are using ADblocker program to filter out soliciting ads. I would not be surprised. The number of 6k to 7k could be result of the MMO market. Any new MMORPG will be hurt aggressively hard, unless they try to experiment and bring something new to the table to try to be unique from another MMORPG to fill a niche.

True, but unfortunate. MMORPG is a dying type of breed because it requires dedication, and your time. It's not a kind of genre where you can just drop Guild wars 2, and play another game. Like you can drop Oblivion from ES series and continue to Dragon Age, then come back to ESO series where they added Skyrim. 

It's quite unfortunate marketplace.

Edited by Skullcatron

Posted

Not entirely, the searches could easily be taken in a negative fashion

BDO does have a notorious reputation as a b2p p2w game so I'm going to assume thats a good chunk of the searches.

I think each game can have peculiar details which can collectively consist of each one's general interest.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0