• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Launch Issues

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

xD I was reading over various pages on the blade and soul forums and came across some one crying about the launch issues. Issues like game crashes,log in queues and the such. Then I remembered all the launches I have been party of in my time as an MMO gamer from star trek online to archage and then I remembered one of my fav animes XD.

4223273.jpg

Edited by ablaze1989

Posted (edited)

2001. Anarchy Online. Beat that :P

Edited by Kat
2 people like this

Posted

My ship from Star Trek Online...

On the bright side BDO has a release date at least. I've been waiting on Star Citizen to put one of those out for years now.

myship1.png

Posted

Aion queues were the worst ever. I think I cried while waiting 8 hours to join my guild.

Posted

WoW's WoD launch, three hours of trying to click a damn tree, followed by 2 hours trying to click an npc, followed by 10 minutes of trying to click a spyglass, followed then by broken garrisons that you couldn't leave for days.

Posted

I honestly can't think of a single MMORPG launch I've been a part of that hasn't had it's fair share of issues. It's expected at this point. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats the risk of offering early access days as well as part of a pre-order paid bonus, if people can't log in and play during those days, I can only anticipate the outrage lol, I could care less Im expecting ques/lag/theworst because you have to expect the worst on launch days. Early-access days are pretty much test days for the launch come may 3rd :P

Posted

^_^ I agree lol issues come with launch and as long as its not as bad as AAs arouria launch or how ever it was spelled its par for the course.

Posted

I'd rather not relive this.

Posted

Im trying to think of one good launch. They always go badly.

Posted

Not a launch but I remember a game I played called Mabinogi had a huge patch. It launched for five minutes then went down for a 24 hour plus maintenance. 

AA was pretty horrible too, I ended up settling for the Ezi server which nobody gave a ----- about. I got a house though. 

Posted

Not a launch but I remember a game I played called Mabinogi had a huge patch. It launched for five minutes then went down for a 24 hour plus maintenance. 

AA was pretty horrible too, I ended up settling for the Ezi server which nobody gave a ----- about. I got a house though. 

haha i played mabinogi for 7years 

Posted (edited)

Dont know about roughest, iv played to meny mmo's to count but most recent complete utter failure?  Would say archeage, on top of the 9 hour waiting queue just to get on the server and immense crashes that would cut ur access after at most an hour, game would kick u after 30 mins of inactivity so if u had real life emergency, would need to wait to get back, and all that is on top of trion's failure to keep their founder promises and immediate p2w wall within the first week. I'm still one of the meny suffering from AAptsd

Edited by 2TheGrave
1 person likes this

Posted

haha i played mabinogi for 7years 

Yeah, I'm talking about the G4-G7 patch, I was like 13 back then and I was excited af lol. 

Posted

Ahhh I remember waiting for hours in the STO queue at launch only to fall asleep after it launched and get logged out.

#MMOMemories

Posted

Considering they couldn't even prevent the Name Reservation from crashing... I'm abandoning any hopes of the actual game launch/early-access working properly for at least 1-2 days.

Posted

I have the Explorers pack so hopefully during the preceding 48 hrs early access if there are any issues they will be sorted out!!

Posted

I honestly can't think of a single MMORPG launch I've been a part of that hasn't had it's fair share of issues. It's expected at this point. 

Lord of the Rings Online had, comparatively, a remarkable launch.  At least that was my experience.  It wasn't perfect but it was playable.

1 person likes this

Posted

have been part of plenty of bad mmo launches but diablo 3 was the worst for me

Posted (edited)

Dont know about roughest, iv played to meny mmo's to count but most recent complete utter failure?  Would say archeage, on top of the 9 hour waiting queue just to get on the server and immense crashes that would cut ur access after at most an hour, game would kick u after 30 mins of inactivity so if u had real life emergency, would need to wait to get back, and all that is on top of trion's failure to keep their founder promises and immediate p2w wall within the first week. I'm still one of the meny suffering from AAptsd

Well, I was going to mention the day EverQuest I launched waaaayy back in early 1999, and how no one knew what to expect, and how almost everyone experienced crashes and lockouts and lost bodies (5-min. corpse rot under level 5, IIRC) because the environment was pitch black (no one knew about gamma adjustment), etc., etc. But your description of AA and Trion's epic fail left me breathless.

You win.

(Some context: 1999 was the year that a Canadian company by the name of Matrox was making the best graphics card out there, the G200, with a whopping 4MB of SDRAM. NVidia's GeForce was still months away from its first release.)

Edited by Furiosa Sinclair
1 person likes this

Posted

2001. Anarchy Online. Beat that :P

That one cannot be beat :)  

1 person likes this

Posted

Lord of the Rings Online had, comparatively, a remarkable launch.  At least that was my experience.  It wasn't perfect but it was playable.

Truth. LoTRO was amazing when it launched.

Posted

Well, I was going to mention the day EverQuest I launched waaaayy back in early 1999, and how no one knew what to expect, and how almost everyone experienced crashes and lockouts and lost bodies (5-min. corpse rot under level 5, IIRC) because the environment was pitch black (no one knew about gamma adjustment), etc., etc. But your description of AA and Trion's epic fail left me breathless.

You win.

Corpse runs!!!

I remember being about 12 years old and in tears because I went somewhere I shouldn't have and died in a particularly horrible place where my corpse was virtually irretrievable.  A kind GM took pity on me but I learned to be careful.  I miss gaming where you actually had to be a little wary and where stupid decisions had a cost to them!

Yeah AA launch sucked... unless you were in the lucky crowd who got in and got the good land but it's not their fault they could get in anymore than mine that I couldn't.  Fortunately in BDO I don't think there's anything that someone who gets in a few hours before others can will get that could be long term game-breaking.

1 person likes this

Posted

AA's first week, stuck in 4k+ queues...

Posted (edited)

I recall recent launch of BDO in RU.

Boxes didn't open, you could not get higher tier weapon on starting levels.
+
Potions did disconnect you immediately, so nobody could heal up and everybody was dying. 

Everybody wanted to open their premium packages, but they were not working too. 

I ran ahead in starting quest pretty fast, but my friends on teamspeak reported HUGE amount of people on training dummy. People with slow computers were experiencing some hardcore difficulties there.

Later everything went fine ;)

AA's first week, stuck in 4k+ queues...

Lets forget about AA, assume it was a nightmare :)

Edited by ServerPolice