• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pearl Shop Discussion Megathread

673 posts in this topic

Posted

As many have perhaps noticed, the trend of creating similar or "my personal take on" type threads has been at an all time high within our forums. We certainly enjoy the incredible amount of discussion taking place in these types of threads, however there is a high tendency for the overabundance of repeat threads to stifle out other equally pertinent discussions by users.

In such occasions (the horse breeding / finding megathread for example) we consolidate these discussions into a more manageable form. Both to give the ability to continue your discussions with other like minded individuals, and to allow for other topics to have an equal chance at productive debate.

Please direct posts that are related to the following topics into this primary thread:

• Pearl Shop Item Discussions
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What exactly is it that we are winning? With so much negative talk surrounding the subject of Pay to Win, I really am at a loss for precisely what it is I'm winning if/when I CHOOSE to pay to do so. Yes. Let us not forget that there is ZERO subscription fee and all in game purchases are optional. Have we forgotten? So please, enlighten me. What is it that is being won here and why is there such a freak out when devs/publishers try to monetize aspects of an amazing game while continuing to provide maintenance, support and new content for it?

I mean, until some IRL prizes are being given away by the devs and publishers for certain in game achievements that are limited in number on a first come/first serve basis and accessible quicker through in game purchases, this argument is moot and anyone continuing to beat this dead horse is not only being petty and trite, but trivial and absurd as well.

To date, this is quite possibly the BEST MMO and deserves all the support we players can muster. I realize some kids are gonna gripe because mommy and daddy won't fork over the credit card so they can expedite their grind and all.  Other folks feel entitled and think that everything should be free and there are those still that just wanna join the Culture of Cruelty Hate Parade because angst and assholery are sooo cool.

I realize that my opinion and perspective on the matter amount to absolutely nothing, but so long as freedom of speech can be had on this here forum, I'm slinging words of support in the face of the pooh slingers.

Daum/Kakao, you gets my kudos. Don't let the haters in. Until the world collectively is beyond the monetary paradigm, shit is gonna cost money.

Edited by Dios_Gnosis
grammatical
4 people like this

Posted

This post is about a week too late.

Nice b8 though.

5/10

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a Win at 0.40 cents on the Dollar!!! lol

When I started getting that black stone or Ancient relic shard to sell for 300-500,000 was OMG wow

so i can see a Brand new person doing the buy 40$ in pearls to get 30$ set with a pet to get 25,000,000 silver. however by the time they get to 50 they are thinking Damn i make that in a day easily (with pets or a broken R key)

As for the Saltine trolls? it is just someone who had an edge and lost it.

To be Honest I had lost an alliance this week over p2w argument when I said "in my opinion most people who cry P2w are those who ragequit cuz of the grind" only to have his guild member post a private message to him from said leader saying he quit cuz of the 50+ grind ....

Game is good , Daum/Kakao is doing a decent job in my opinion

1 person likes this

Posted

this argument is moot and anyone continuing to beat this dead horse is not only being petty and trite, but trivial and absurd as well

Yet you decided to make a thread about it. P2W is not a black or white issue. It's a spectrum, like autism which seems to be in abundance here.

4 people like this

Posted

Just sell me boss armor and kzarka from cash shop already.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice b8 though.

5/10

I wanted to be sure I did my due diligence before chiming in. I've sifted through an exhausting amount of forum posts, articles and other media sources surrounding the topic where other games are concerned and where BDO sits on the matter. Snark noted. 4/10

Posted

Just sell me boss armor and kzarka from cash shop already.

Patrigio...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yet you decided to make a thread about it. P2W is not a black or white issue. It's a spectrum, like autism which seems to be in abundance here.

Maybe you missed this from the original post:

"
I realize that my opinion and perspective on the matter amount to absolutely nothing, but so long as freedom of speech can be had on this here forum, I'm slinging words of support in the face of the pooh slingers."

Of course. My autism is flaring up again. Sheesh... Culture of Cruelty Hate Parade I tell ya. You'd rather insult folks than offer another perspective then?

You totally avoid the question I ask. What is being won?

Edited by Dios_Gnosis

Posted

Patrigio...

From cash shop.

I've spent too much at patrigio already anyways lol

Posted

you dont win anything irl nor in game... i have spend nearly 1000 dollars on this game since launch, i dont have boss armour, i am not a top tier player, i dont have top gear i dont even have that much silver in my bank. do i love the game? heck yea, it is so fun to play and a very nice entertainment everyday after work. will i keep playing? damn right i will. lol just to put in perspective of what 1000 dollars in half year means, to kids, it means 5 dollars of coffee each day... thats it haha, btw, i stopped drinking coffee~ ;)

3 people like this

Posted

Its a Win at 0.40 cents on the Dollar!!! lol

When I started getting that black stone or Ancient relic shard to sell for 300-500,000 was OMG wow

so i can see a Brand new person doing the buy 40$ in pearls to get 30$ set with a pet to get 25,000,000 silver. however by the time they get to 50 they are thinking Damn i make that in a day easily (with pets or a broken R key)

As for the Saltine trolls? it is just someone who had an edge and lost it.

To be Honest I had lost an alliance this week over p2w argument when I said "in my opinion most people who cry P2w are those who ragequit cuz of the grind" only to have his guild member post a private message to him from said leader saying he quit cuz of the 50+ grind ....

Game is good , Daum/Kakao is doing a decent job in my opinion

I agree. Amazing game and I'm staying no matter what.

I also has a similar experience in my Guild, which I eventually quit. I had a daily pay of over 600k and my wife had 1.6mil.  Our Guild master was raging about all the "supposedly" P2W stuff and I told him in chat that it wasn't P2W, etc, etc, etc. And we continued to disagree for a while. 2 hours later My wife got a new contract that dropped her daily pay to 100k and I got one that was only 30k. What a Douch!  He then quit the guild and we were kicked out for not agreeing with him. Of course he didn't say that, but never gave us an answer when we asked, so we just moved on.  And we were huge contributors to the Guild. 

Oh well, life goes on.  We are still here and he's not. LOL.

Posted

Nice b8 though.

5/10

He's most likely using Internet Explorer...

1 person likes this

Posted

At this point any time of "P2W" comment is just people who need friends or someone to sit there and listen to their trials and tribulations.

1 person likes this

Posted

You totally avoid the question I ask. What is being won?

Are we really going to be literal?

Posted

I thought we had moved on to their lack of communication/poor decision making, did I miss some other p2w related news from a third party site? :D

Posted

From cash shop.

I've spent too much at patrigio already anyways lol

I blame the fact that my dog was trying to hump my leg for my reading comprehension fail.

Posted

I blame the fact that my dog was trying to hump my leg for my reading comprehension fail.

it's k, maybe he was just excited by all this pay2win talk

1 person likes this

Posted

If the question is truly, "what is being won" in the way op describes it, does that mean there is no such thing as a p2w mmo game?

Posted

what do you win exactly ?

quarter of a billion silver each month (on top of what you grind yourself)

1 person likes this

Posted

If the question is truly, "what is being won" in the way op describes it, does that mean there is no such thing as a p2w mmo game?

he means what is there to win in game that you can't get by just playing and the answer is nothing

as far as p2w not existing in an mmo based on the criteria well in age of wushu there is a monthly tournament for exclusive titles as well as skins to use for the month that are won only by people who pay large amounts of money to acquire skill sets that would be far beyond the reach of even the luckiest players within the time frame between updates to the skill levels in the game so ya it does exist in some form in other games just not so much here

Posted (edited)

How exactly BDO is P2W. Let me explain something obvious that many players seems do not understand. This is a MMO game. So every advantage you can get with real money makes it P2W. No matter if you can buy stones for enchanting, gear or anything else. Exactly the things you can buy and at the same time you can obtain by playing are P2W. As you pay for the reward, instead to play for it.

Common misunderstanding is that if you can buy something exclusively from the cash shop, this is P2W. It is not. This is P2P as you literally pay for the content. So anything that can be obtained only from the cash shop is P2P content.

There are plenty P2P games on the market without monthly fee. You just have to pay for some content, to play the game. That content may include weapons and gear with much better stats. Obviously you cannot play such a game without these items. This is not a P2W game, as you do not pay for some advantage, but you have to pay to keep playing.

BDO has a very limited P2P content, as most of the things could be obtained from playing or from the auction house for virtual silver. So it is obviously a P2W game, but this is not something bad. The P2W here does not give significant advantage. Yes you may save some time for money, but you are not forced to pay to keep playing - P2P.

I doubt any player here felt yet any negative impact from the current P2W model. So all who blame the P2W should find a better reason for their negativity. The gameplay is terrible, pointless mainly solo grind with RNG rewards, and none of these cons is due the P2W.  

Edited by Ikcen
1 person likes this

Posted

We know, you already told us in your previous 15 topics.

6 people like this

Posted

We know, you already told us in your previous 15 topics.

I never made a topic about the P2W before ;)

Posted

This pointless Crap again......

1 person likes this