• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hate on Black Desert Online?

92 posts in this topic

Posted

Hiya!

I have been playing this game on a 7 day guest pass and I am getting closer onto buying that $10 digital purchase of Black Desert Online since I am enjoying the game on my 7 day guest pass.

However, I did notice that a lot of people dislike on what the company is doing to this game and thinking the game could possibly die in the future. 

If anybody knows something about this, please explain to me. I am very curious because right now am enjoying the game a lot, curious on what could bother me in the long run.

Posted

getting constantly killed by other players, preventing you from progressing

Posted

The game is Pay2Win in Korea and in other regions as well.

NA/EU was promised not Pay2Win and in turn we paid the entry fee for it. However, from the last several updates, it seems it's all a big lie and more Pay2Win items are creeping into this version.

Not to mention only on this version, there are PayWall, yes you heard it right, PayWall on items. Other versions, everything is available on the market place, but somehow funny thinking "PayWall" will prevent Pay2Win on this version, but in turn it is completely opposite.

Needless to say, Daum/Kaokao lies again and again and thus more Pay2Win items are already in game and more will be in future updates.

2 people like this

Posted

Most everyone here paid much more than $10 for the game.

Definitely worth it for $10.

Game will eventually be dragged down by toxic player base, but it's a ways away.

Posted (edited)

Hiya!

I have been playing this game on a 7 day guest pass and I am getting closer onto buying that $10 digital purchase of Black Desert Online since I am enjoying the game on my 7 day guest pass.

However, I did notice that a lot of people dislike on what the company is doing to this game and thinking the game could possibly die in the future. 

If anybody knows something about this, please explain to me. I am very curious because right now am enjoying the game a lot, curious on what could bother me in the long run.

If you're enjoying the game, then continue to do so and don't involve yourself in the conversations that usually go on in the forums.
Your enjoyment doesn't and shouldn't rely on the thoughts of those that probably no longer play and attempt to sway newcomers from playing just because of their disdain for the game and or publisher.
Take everyone's words with a grain of salt, as you're the only one who can tell if a game is worth it to you or not.

Edited by Asterotis
16 people like this

Posted

The less you care about/for pvp, group content, "balance", paying for "convenience" and "traditional pve content, the less likely you will be bothered .

Posted

You will easily get $10 worth of enjoyment out of the game if you are already enjoying it. Don't let the toxic forum posters dissuade you.

Posted

just buy the game, 10$ for this game is a fking deal, this game is awesome and will yield you tons of hours of playtime..

Posted

Just be prepared to spend a few bucks here and there for your "convenience"

4 people like this

Posted

p2w,  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it could be worse, it's definitely here, but it's not at a level where non-whales can't compete with whales.

The issue I see most players upset about is the imbalance staggered awakenings causes, where it's literally that - non-awakened classes can't compete with awakened classes on an even playing field. The imbalance of being able to grind faster than others in equal gear thanks to their awakening and the imbalance of being able to acquire their awakening weapon more easily in the NV makes non-awakened classes such as mine rather afk process in town all day for the remainder of the year. Luckily, I already got a dande box, but I'm not motivated to grind at disadvantage - thus the state of the game.

Posted

The problem stems from a bunch of poor peasants jelly over the convenience/cosmetic aspects of "P2W" players.  Lol its ridiculous.  Even more so due to the fact that they added some cash shop items and junk like that for people to purchase in game.  

Whatever man, don't listen to other people, if you like the game, buy it, play it, have fun and do your thing.

Posted

Hiya!

Sure. Back at launch, the game's cash shop sold a variety of items, some of which were cosmetic and others of which were functional. The functional items confer small but real advantages such as increased weight limits, increased inventory space, increased experience gains, and so on. 

None of these things directly provide an advantage in combat, but all of them allow you to accrue resources at a faster rate and thereby allow you to progress faster. The same is true for many items available in cash shops in most MMORPGs.

A small subpopulation of the game's players ran out and bought up as many of these things as they could get their hands on while simultaneously spending massive amounts of time farming experience, allowing them to level and gear up faster than anybody else and establish themselves as the dominant forces in the game's playerbase. 

Over time, the game's cash shop has offered a range of new items, some of which were cosmetic and some of which were functional. The new functional items confer new small but real additional advantages such as resale of costumes on the in-game auctionhouse for in-game currency, a valuepack that partially offsets the auction house's high tax rate, and a consumable item that temporarily increases the rate at which your gear's durability can be repaired to hasten the process of gearing up.

It remains the case that none of these things directly provide an advantage in combat, but all of them allow you to accrue resources at a faster rate and thereby allow you to progress faster. It remains the case that the same is true for many items available in cash shops in most MMORPGs.

Suddenly, this small subpopulation of players who tried to buy their way to dominance at launch finds that in order to be abolutely certain that they maintain their dominance, they'll have to keep buying more stuff from the cash shop--which they do not want to do, although they do want to maintain their dominant positions.

That subpopulation of players has been loudly raging across these forums for about two months now, making their displeasure known. Personally, I've never played a MMORPG before where this group of players was as loud, as rude, and as deliberately misleading as they are on these forums--but the good news is that they have little impact on the actual in-game experience of most players, even though they've made the forums an absolute cesspool of half-truths, trolling, and rumor-mongering.

If you are the type of player who insists on being the Top Dog Of the Server and views second place as first loser, you will likely find the situation intolerable for all the same reasons that they do. If you're just here to play a game and enjoy the variety of things it has to offer, the things that offend them so much will have little impact on your enjoyment of the game.

The game is not in any serious danger of failing, and the population is very robust in comparison to most other MMORPGs that have come out in the last five years.

I hope that helps your understanding of the situation as you make your decision! 

9 people like this

Posted

Just remember you'll need 40€ for 4 pets, since I dont think a new player can afford the silver or the time to snipe one from the marketplace

Posted

Hiya!

If ur just here to enjoy the solo pve content it offers and some interaction with other ppl... It's a great deal and ull have fun.

10$ well spend.

If u want to be competitive in pvp.

This (mildly adjusted :p)

Just be prepared to spend decent amount of bucks here and there for your "convenience" depending on the amount of time u can play.

Or RUN! Although there isn't a balanced mmo out atm for pvp. GWII comming rly close so I've heard.

Suddenly, this small subpopulation of players who tried to buy their way to dominance at launch finds that in order to be abolutely certain that they maintain their dominance, they'll have to keep buying more stuff from the cash shop--which they do not want to do, although they do want to maintain their dominant positions.

That subpopulation of players has been loudly raging across these forums for about two months now, making their displeasure known. Personally, I've never played a MMORPG before where this group of players was as loud, as rude, and as deliberately misleading as they are on these forums--but the good news is that they have little impact on the actual in-game experience of most players, even though they've made the forums an absolute cesspool of half-truths, trolling, and rumor-mongering.

If you are the type of player who insists on being the Top Dog Of the Server and views second place as first loser, you will likely find the situation intolerable for all the same reasons that they do. If you're just here to play a game and enjoy the variety of things it has to offer, the things that offend them so much will have little impact on your enjoyment of the game.

The game is not in any serious danger of failing, and the population is very robust in comparison to most other MMORPGs that have come out in the last five years.

I hope that helps your understanding of the situation as you make your decision! 

Thats your somewhat ignorant opinion, not the situation. Not one pvp'er rly cares what a pve'er buys from CS or AH. When one guild -----s 3 to 5 guilds in sieges on simultaneously 2-3 territories. U might want to realise something is up. U might want to start acknowledging time+ convenience is getting a bit OP and breaks owpvp. And it's just 6 months in the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

• P2W
  • Destroyed PvP
  • Absolutely 0 class balance
  • Lags and desync

Major issues of this game. And reasons why people whose loved this games started hate it. And why for example in my server "Jordine" most of top guilds left the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wot

Posted

Ignore them. If you can already enjoy BDO on a trial week then I would suggest you invest that  10 $ / € for a copy. BDO is certainly worth that money, for what you can get out of the game. Everything else is down to each and every player, what exactly you want to do, how far to go, how much to spend. More or less you have the freedom to spend absolutely nothing more than the purchase fee, or 1000s if you really wanted to, just like any other MMO out there.

You can certainly progress in BDO, the way you want and at the pace you want. Of course, faster progression and aiming high and trying to be up there with the top "competition", inevitably means more effort, more time invested, and probably more money spent too, but none of this is mandatory.

BDO is still a good game, has its issues, and you will probably face those uglier elements as you progress towards "endgame", but again, it all depends on you, what you really expect and want from this game, and whether you can be happy with the good elements it has, and it has many.

Personally, I am quite happy and content with the money I have invested in it and what it has given me back, and yes I am well aware of its "darker" features, I just avoid them as much as possible and focus on the good stuff.

Posted

Thats your somewhat ignorant opinion, not the situation. Not one pvp'er rly cares what a pve'er buys from CS or AH. When one guild -----s 3 to 5 guilds in sieges on simultaneously 2-3 territories. U might want to realise something is up. U might want to start acknowledging time+ convenience is getting a bit OP and breaks owpvp. And it's just 6 months in the game.

1b18d17e6e70eaf886f7fcabce040457aae60a5f

Posted

No hate on BDO. BDO is great. Hate on KAKAO

2 people like this

Posted

Hiya!

This happens due to:
- the community not being able to read
- the community not understanding what they read
- assumptions
- false accusations

The community is hating on the publisher for introducing "p2w" in form of limited sale of cash shop items on the marketplace, claiming their 'promised' us this would never happen, which is not true. We were told that cash shop items would not be sellable early on, but not that they would never be sellable at all. I don't like the change either, but I knew it was coming sooner or later. The impact is not that big as was expected and it brings a lot of cash shop items to players that normally would have not bought them from the cash shop, so that is fair.

The next part is lack of communication from the publisher. We get maintenance announcements and patch notes every Tuesday and Wednesday and that is about it. Some Customer Support GMs are around and mostly commenting for fun, but that is not helping much.

The game will not die in the near future, not even in the distant future. There are plenty of updates to come and the playerbase is growing again. People claim the game is dead because they are either trolling or claiming because 2 of their 3 total friends left the game, or their favourite rival guild quit the game. People come and go, some leave and get replaced by new players.

Posted

Ask the same question in Game and form your decision. Asking just from the forums is moot.

Or better yet, the game is definitely worth a few months play with ten bucks. Buy it and decide whether you want to stick with it

Posted

The game is Pay2Win in Korea and in other regions as well.

NA/EU was promised not Pay2Win and in turn we paid the entry fee for it. However, from the last several updates, it seems it's all a big lie and more Pay2Win items are creeping into this version.

Not to mention only on this version, there are PayWall, yes you heard it right, PayWall on items. Other versions, everything is available on the market place, but somehow funny thinking "PayWall" will prevent Pay2Win on this version, but in turn it is completely opposite.

Needless to say, Daum/Kaokao lies again and again and thus more Pay2Win items are already in game and more will be in future updates.

this

----- daum , ----- kakao, ----- pa

Posted

This happens due to:- the community not being able to read
- the community not understanding what they read
- assumptions
- false accusations

The community is hating on the publisher for introducing "p2w" in form of limited sale of cash shop items on the marketplace, claiming their 'promised' us this would never happen, which is not true. We were told that cash shop items would not be sellable early on, but not that they would never be sellable at all. I don't like the change either, but I knew it was coming sooner or later. The impact is not that big as was expected and it brings a lot of cash shop items to players that normally would have not bought them from the cash shop, so that is fair.

The next part is lack of communication from the publisher. We get maintenance announcements and patch notes every Tuesday and Wednesday and that is about it. Some Customer Support GMs are around and mostly commenting for fun, but that is not helping much.

The game will not die in the near future, not even in the distant future. There are plenty of updates to come and the playerbase is growing again. People claim the game is dead because they are either trolling or claiming because 2 of their 3 total friends left the game, or their favourite rival guild quit the game. People come and go, some leave and get replaced by new players.

Ignorance is bliss?

Ignore them. If you can already enjoy BDO on a trial week then I would suggest you invest that  10 $ / € for a copy. BDO is certainly worth that money, for what you can get out of the game. Everything else is down to each and every player, what exactly you want to do, how far to go, how much to spend. More or less you have the freedom to spend absolutely nothing more than the purchase fee, or 1000s if you really wanted to, just like any other MMO out there.

You can certainly progress in BDO, the way you want and at the pace you want. Of course, faster progression and aiming high and trying to be up there with the top "competition", inevitably means more effort, more time invested, and probably more money spent too, but none of this is mandatory.

BDO is still a good game, has its issues, and you will probably face those uglier elements as you progress towards "endgame", but again, it all depends on you, what you really expect and want from this game, and whether you can be happy with the good elements it has, and it has many.

Personally, I am quite happy and content with the money I have invested in it and what it has given me back, and yes I am well aware of its "darker" features, I just avoid them as much as possible and focus on the good stuff.

Ppl criticize and point out a 'problem'  for competitive owpvp (sieges etc). I acknowledge the problem. Solution: ignore the ppl and avoid the problem.

Wiiiiiii there is no problem! \0/

That's your problem solving method?

Ok.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you like to play in style, forget it, unless you pay at least 30€ for costume. Otherwise you will play in potato sacks that looks all pretty much the same, no matter what level you are and they was purposefully made ugly so that you are forced to buy costume for 30€. You won't see it in short run. So i think it's fair to warn you about this, if you like to play in style. Also, those costumes aren't shareable with your other characters. So if you will wanna create another character and you won't like the ingame costume, you will have to buy another costume from cash shop for another 30€. That's the kind of business they run here.

Posted

If you like to play in style, forget it, unless you pay at least 30€ for costume. Otherwise you will play in potato sacks that looks all pretty much the same, no matter what level you are and they was purposefully made ugly so that you are forced to buy costume for 30€. You won't see it in short run. So i think it's fair to warn you about this, if you like to play in style. Also, those costumes aren't shareable with your other characters. So if you will wanna create another character and you won't like the ingame costume, you will have to buy another costume from cash shop for another 30€. That's the kind of business they run here.

The new player rewards consist a costume bundle. Unlike the fishing costume bundle you get, the main costume bundle does not have a time limitation written on the item, so I am going to assume it is permanent. It could have a time limit though once opened, but that is against the item description.