• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

At Sausan what does it mean by "Leave"

275 posts in this topic

Posted

Gosh, I wonder if anything else regarding Kakao's finances happened sometime around August 11, 2016 when the stock price actually dips below the value it had previously been hovering at for months.

Like their Q2 earnings statement, for example--which showed a massive increase in revenues from PC gaming, which unfortunately was offset by decreased revenues from their advertising division, increased expenses, and increased taxes.

9_9

Because the whole Q2 as an average was quite obviously a success for the PC gaming part, i guess if you really want to put it that way we'll have to see how they think of Q3.

But sure, keep wondering about extreme coincidences and grasping at straws. It would be a better use of both of our time if you could just simply admit that you have little care about what happens, since probably whatever you do in there is not much dependant from a healthy community that for the most part you quite clearly hate anyway.

Posted

Man I love this system. People who lack compassion get punished and people who like helping each other and treating others with a level of decency have a good experience and a way to fight back. I love when people try to ruin another persons day (the definition of griefing) and fail at it because there is a system to prevent it, then cry that they are being griefed. It's wonderful! Sharing is not hard. Being kind is not hard. All this system does is discourage players from being mean to each other. It's so perfect I love it.

5 people like this

Posted

Because the whole Q2 as an average was quite obviously a success for the PC gaming part, i guess if you really want to put it that way we'll have to see how they think of Q3.

But sure, keep wondering about extreme coincidences and grasping at straws. It would be a better use of both of our time if you could just simply admit that you have little care about what happens, since probably whatever you do in there is not much dependant from a healthy community that for the most part you quite clearly hate anyway.

Hey, I'm not the one left trying to claim the identical timing of an earnings release and a change in stock prices is "extreme coincidence". That would be you.

Congratulations on the catastrophic loss of credibility you've earned since the start of this thread. Go ****post at someone who doesn't understand that's all you're doing.

Posted

Hey, I'm not the one left trying to claim the identical timing of an earnings release and a change in stock prices is "extreme coincidence". That would be you.

Congratulations on the catastrophic loss of credibility you've earned since the start of this thread. Go ****post at someone who doesn't understand that's all you're doing.

Keep telling yourself that, I guess that's why you're still there grasping at straws. Don't worry though, i'll leave you alone as requested, you're the only one left arguing against all odds ( There would also be Columba but i'm not sure i should even read that ) and it's not stimulating anymore.

Posted (edited)

Let them kill you and karma grief them and shout in channel chat.. eventually someone will come and kill them repeatedly. 

Then all their TRI's or higher will degrade to PRI's xDxD

:ph34r: best ever.. can it go below PRI from negative karma? :ph34r:

Edited by Becareful

Posted

If someone's PKing then what's the problem?

If someone wants to be known for being a PKer who runs wild around killing anyone and be targeted by some parties, then what's the problem?

This system is designed that way and that's it :3

Posted

You realise it works both ways right?

All that blah blah about sharing and being kind over a spot its all cool. Until you group as 5 and 2 guys come and say "inv"?

You tell them "sorry we are full" and they stay there tagging all the mobs. Because they know you  can't push them out. Im sorry but sharing a sausans spot as 7 because 2 kids won't take 3 sec out of their life to swap server. They should get punished. Like i said being an asshole isnt reserved for the one fighting for the spot.

But i guess 5 players swapping server for 1 - 2 dickheads is fine too right guys? Since this system is so perfect.

Its not.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I went to Sausan at my level 56 for the first time and practice the new awaken skills alone. And then I was killed by group of people twice without any mention. At the third time, they killed me again and said "leave". Does this normally happen or no, if then I will never set foot in Sausan again. Also, what else should I know about the similar places like Sausan? 

For the un-guilded like me it means go back to the spot and continue =] if they keep killing you they will eventually turn red and usually end up leaving =]  if they actually talk and ask for me to leave i usually will move on and find another spot if they were there 1st or sometimes get an inv to their party =]

Edited by Maisato

Posted

I agree with you, but again they don't need to know what happened with a game. "Some" people is also inaccurate as the wave of chargeback requests was enormous enough to force them to make threats via e-mail to everyone involved, something that according at least to the press is quite unprecedented.

To the outside world such a scenario just screams "unreliable company", and that is the only thing that matters in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not as naive as to think that such a thing would bankrupt Kakao anyway, i don't think a stock slump and some bad reputation would ever be proof that such is even remotely about to happen, but it still shows that they're perfectly capable of royally -----ing up. I don't have a problem with businesses taking hard and cold decisions, but stupid ones that are hurting themselves aswell are just too much.

It's not like you are showing no confirmation bias, additional evidence is hard to obtain, but you can observe what's happening in game like a deserted land the day after, something that only partially recovered now, no doubt thanks to the discount and the additional interest towards awakening.

It doesn't matter who you think left, how many or whatever else you want to believe, fact of the matter is that an extremely relevant part of the community ( for example those populating competitive guilds ) left for good, which is quite well documented. You might not care, but then again you wouldn't help your case by showing that you simply don't mind wichever happens as long as you keep doing your thing which, i assume, is something that doesn't require the rest of the userbase.

I mean, i'm sure you could counter this too, but for now it's you against some quite scarily peculiar data, and yet another with a superiority complex that would push his/her own point across even against the most ridicolous odds.

lolwat? No one I know quit (possibly because I don't typically hang out with people who are easily triggered), and Uno (least populated NA server) has been bustling since launch, with the biggest decline coming from trial passes running out. It's still very full in towns, on the roads, and in good grinding areas on most channels. You have to recall, we're talking thousands and thousands of players on this service, so even if you saw three, four, five entire full guilds all post that every single member was quitting, it would be a drop in the bucket and others would take their place. The game is far from deserted, though the day after every patch it does look a little emptier... because people have work and shit and can't log back in after being forced offline.

You're assuming a lot and asking us to do the same. I'll pass, thanks.

But sure, keep wondering about extreme coincidences and grasping at straws.

Dude. Take a step back and look at what you're saying here. You are saying that the company's stock price fell because of an update you don't like and letter about chargebacks that you think was nasty, despite PC earnings being up, and NOT due to other areas of the company that make up a larger part of its financial picture being down.

You are not the center of the universe. What you care about is not always the most important thing. Earnings reports almost always have an impact on stock prices and this presents a MUCH more plausible scenario in the absence of any other evidence you care to provide to support your own.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lolwat? No one I know quit (possibly because I don't typically hang out with people who are easily triggered), and Uno (least populated NA server) has been bustling since launch, with the biggest decline coming from trial passes running out. It's still very full in towns, on the roads, and in good grinding areas on most channels. You have to recall, we're talking thousands and thousands of players on this service, so even if you saw three, four, five entire full guilds all post that every single member was quitting, it would be a drop in the bucket and others would take their place. The game is far from deserted, though the day after every patch it does look a little emptier... because people have work and shit and can't log back in after being forced offline.

You're assuming a lot and asking us to do the same. I'll pass, thanks.

You too are, who's talking about just the very day after the patch? Not me.

"Least populated server has been bustling", "It's still very full", all of this is incredibly relative to what your expectations and what you're used to. Realistically the least populated server has quite a different atmosphere in general and, while i'm happy for you that you apparently made the right choice for yourself, i guess that provides for an easier "live and let live" scenario and as such also a less fluctuating population.

We just didn't see the same things because we're very likely playing in two very different realities, i guess it ultimately has to boil down to that. 

Dude. Take a step back and look at what you're saying here. You are saying that the company's stock price fell because of an update you don't like and letter about chargebacks that you think was nasty, despite PC earnings being up, and NOT due to other areas of the company that make up a larger part of its financial picture being down.

You are not the center of the universe. What you care about is not always the most important thing. Earnings reports almost always have an impact on stock prices and this presents a MUCH more plausible scenario in the absence of any other evidence you care to provide to support your own.

I am NOT saying anything like that, it's just convenient for you to spin it this way to favour your counter argument. My opinion has nothing to do with it, how many times do i have to repeat myself?

The company suffered from a shitstorm due the massive wave of chargeback requests they received, that's all there is to it.

This is not about who made the requests and for which reason, it's not about such a thing being legitimate or fraudolent or whatever else you want, the only real important point is that whatever anyone thinks about anything the truth remains that they received what they received, and that hurted their credibility. Investors know about this, and they can bring their investments elsewhere if they smell trouble, and they likely will especially if they don't know the full details of a game they don't give a damn about. They don't care, if they smell a risky gamble they can bail out and they likely will.

Plenty of people i know got a fat "case closed" out of it because even PayPal is tired of this shit and nobody is really going to take the burden to defend Kakao aside from those whiteknight there that don't want anyone touching their Merv palette.

Edited by Sheranna

Posted

The company suffered from a shitstorm due the massive wave of chargeback requests they received, that's all there is to it.

BDO is really a small portion of kakao's revenues. While I will concede that kakao is using is revenue from gaming to prop up some of their businesses that are running in the red currently. To agree with you I would have to determine that BDO's losses in revenue from this is enough to tank their overall stock. Could it not be reaction when they purchased 75% of Leon entertainment recently for quite a bit of cash?

Posted

just kids playing the game who want the area to themselves :)

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO is really a small portion of kakao's revenues. While I will concede that kakao is using is revenue from gaming to prop up some of their businesses that are running in the red currently. To agree with you I would have to determine that BDO's losses in revenue from this is enough to tank their overall stock. Could it not be reaction when they purchased 75% of Leon entertainment recently for quite a bit of cash?

It doesn't necessarily have to be entirely about revenue but also investors bailing.

Posted

You realise it works both ways right?

All that blah blah about sharing and being kind over a spot its all cool. Until you group as 5 and 2 guys come and say "inv"?

You tell them "sorry we are full" and they stay there tagging all the mobs. Because they know you  can't push them out. Im sorry but sharing a sausans spot as 7 because 2 kids won't take 3 sec out of their life to swap server. They should get punished. Like i said being an asshole isnt reserved for the one fighting for the spot.

But i guess 5 players swapping server for 1 - 2 dickheads is fine too right guys? Since this system is so perfect.

Its not.

If 5 guys cannot clear faster than 2 guys, then I'd say you have more problems to worry about lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If 5 guys cannot clear faster than 2 guys, then I'd say you have more problems to worry about lol

if you consider that many people start leveling at sausans with lvl 51-52 then its not so unlikely for a group of them to get outpaced by some high lvls with awakening.

With lvl 58 i still grind at sausans sometimes, because its closer to me than most other spots and gives good silver and skill point xp, we also do guild quests there sometimes.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted (edited)

Well I can't agree here. I have above 200 AP and I see that all awakenings class can clear way faster then me, even if they have like 50 AP less then me. Thanks -----ing retarded company for balancing the game. Sure I can PK them and kill them easily, but they can just come back and starts to karma grief you. This mechanic is so worng atm that there is no penality upon death and don't let me start talking about guild protecion. If you die against another player 5 times in a row, you should lose a level not 2% HP like before. Sadly but true Griefing is wining. I can tell you some of the top guild players is used to karma griefing.

Edited by Ceriks

Posted (edited)

This game is an obvious griefer paradise, i m still trying to figure out why they even bothered putting owpvp in this game when everything leans towards eradicating it lol. #NoLogic.

Can't wait for the day where self defense is gonna be a thing, if that ever happens, then you ll see the griefer disappear like snow melting on sunlight.

Edited by PanpanTheGreat

Posted

just kids playing the game who want the area to themselves :)

So basically you are saying:

low level kids who thinks they have the right to own the spot because of their lower lvl 

high lvl kids who think they own the spot because they are stronger

What is it with the 'lower lvl have more rights to play on the best spots because high lvls should fk off to valencia'

Posted

Man I love this system. People who lack compassion get punished and people who like helping each other and treating others with a level of decency have a good experience and a way to fight back. I love when people try to ruin another persons day (the definition of griefing) and fail at it because there is a system to prevent it, then cry that they are being griefed. It's wonderful! Sharing is not hard. Being kind is not hard. All this system does is discourage players from being mean to each other. It's so perfect I love it.

If anybody comes up and ask for party, i always will accept them, but if they see me, and purposedly try to ks (because they intend to take over), at that very precise moment, all decency from me towards that person is gone, and i will kill them. And will not accept them if they ask to join after they're killed. That's pretty much my rule of thumb to make balance between being a douche, and being nice and sharing.

Posted

This game is an obvious griefer paradise, i m still trying to figure out why they even bothered putting owpvp in this game when everything leans towards eradicating it lol. #NoLogic.

Can't wait for the day where self defense is gonna be a thing, if that ever happens, then you ll see the griefer disappear like snow melting on sunlight.

Who is griefer? People who PK others or people who are trying make quest there?

Posted

Who is griefer? People who PK others or people who are trying make quest there?

The guy who comes here, when i m grinding for hours in this place kills pack of mobs in my rotation (ok  this i don't realy mind that much) and then when he is done comes up to me and try to kill the mobs i m actually doing at the extact moment.

I hoppe this clarify the situation for you.

Posted

I thought self-defense was a thing? If someone flags on you, you don't have to flag back to attack and kill them? And there is no karma loss if you succeed?

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

I thought self-defense was a thing? If someone flags on you, you don't have to flag back to attack and kill them? And there is no karma loss if you succeed?

I meant, if you are red someone attack you first you kill him, you don't loose karma. Insead of the non sense we got at the moment.

Posted

I wonder if I could use this mentality IRL lol. One day go to the grocery store and start throwing around elbows and punches because somebody is ahead of me in line because I really want to be in front of the line. Or drop kick someone because they are looking over the same cereal I want to buy and yell "MINE" lol. If someone tries to cut in front of me in line, roundhouse kick. If I see a particularly tasty bin of Oranges, guard it with my life and growl and grunt "LEAVE" at people as they try to approach hahaha. OMG somebody needs to make some YouTube videos on MMO mentality in real life, lol. Just makes me laugh thinking about it xD

1 person likes this