• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

At Sausan what does it mean by "Leave"

275 posts in this topic

Posted

come grief me and i'll show you who's playing the wrong game

you lose nothing? I lose double nothing. If im grinding there i'll be staying there anyway. I'll slaughter you 1 million times and after 10 hours i'll even have made silver and xp in game while all you would have done is prove that you're severely brain damaged and a honorless pathetic kid 

i also don't attack red people unless i have a reason to and i encourage everyone to slaughter cattle like you just so you can learn your place. I know you lose nothing because you don't have any shame to lose but seriously being -1mil and killing people like you can even be enjoyable sometimes, just to show you that you're irrelevant and that the only way you can make yourself get noticed is to throw your disgusting character's body at someone 

nice life you lead there m8 :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)  

tell me how you work 8h a day then you come home to die 6 hours straight to someone , i really want to hear 

2 people like this

Posted

Had an entire party chase my berserker one time, 3 awakening and all lol. From sausan to helms, i died but when they go back to sausan the grinding areas taken by a massive guild lol

Posted

you lose nothing? I lose double nothing. If im grinding there i'll be staying there anyway. I'll slaughter you 1 million times and after 10 hours i'll even have made silver and xp in game while all you would have done is prove that you're severely brain damaged and a honorless pathetic kid 

i also don't attack red people unless i have a reason to and i encourage everyone to slaughter cattle like you just so you can learn your place. I know you lose nothing because you don't have any shame to lose but seriously being -1mil and killing people like you can even be enjoyable sometimes, just to show you that you're irrelevant and that the only way you can make yourself get noticed is to throw your disgusting character's body at someone 

tell me how you work 8h a day then you come home to die 6 hours straight to someone , i really want to hear 

The longest griefing I had was 4 times. I just waited the player to become perma red, but he told me: Learn to play noob. And then left the spot. I was disappointed.

Posted

More like PA/Kakao have absolutely horrible market management team that has absolutely no clue whatsoever what people want. Especially in the west. Lol

They seem to be doing alright, compared to those of us that just play. Heheheh.

I play mmos for more than half of my life (im 27 now and i started mmos at 13)

Er, uh, well I guess you expected this kind of response but while I haven't played MMOs for more than half my life it's just because I'm older. ;) I have played them since they came out. But none of that matters right now, today, in this game. The genre has changed because the players that play it have changed, both in number and types.

i've been both casual and hardcore(mostly still am) and i know both sides and i know how to make the game fair and enjoyable for everyone.

It's a worthy goal and more difficult to achieve than you seem to think. But, if you truly are capable of it, please please do so and we will all come play said game and you will be very rich.

It's another thing if there's some casual entitled scrub who wants to come home from work and log in for his daily 2 hours in a mmorpg and want to "own the world".

Actually, that's a great example. If somebody is just going to log in and play for 2 hours there's very little they can do to affect anyone. By your name calling of "casual entitled scrub" I'll assume you mean someone that's oblivious to another player's "my spot" or deliberately tries to KS. I'm sure they could be ignored for a couple of hours with little real impact. In fact, if they play so little most other players should be able to way outdamage them to the point where they'd only be able to KS a couple of mobs here and there. Ignore them and it's just not a big deal. If they flag on you and just tap you once to try to instigate; ignore them and it's just not a big deal.

If you work 10h a day and spend 300$ on dyes you don't do it to support the company, you do it for yourself and because you can. These people would still buy stuff even if they didn't butcher the game for the pvp side people 

Maybe, maybe not. The owners of the business think not.

In an extreme example before, the stated goal of a top guild was to kill everyone all the time forcing them to either join their guild or never progress and quit the game. "Make them all join or quit." Before, a lousy 2hr a day casual would never make any progress in such an environment because one PK would just erase what little they'd done. I can see a player just moving to another game if that happened to them a few times. Not having much time means not putting up with too much crap before trying something else. Now, it's just a bit annoying as that player to get PKed because they have to run back and start grinding again, but at least they're progressing some and it's probably not annoying enough to just quit.

I really don't see the current ruleset being that bad at all. The griefing that lowlifes do that's been labeled "karma bombing" only really works because people fall for it. Resist getting triggered and these griefers are just annoyances that slow your progress a bit but really don't matter overall. If they're being really obnoxious, report them. But resist getting triggered, it's what a troll wants.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually, that's a great example. If somebody is just going to log in and play for 2 hours there's very little they can do to affect anyone. By your name calling of "casual entitled scrub" I'll assume you mean someone that's oblivious to another player's "my spot" or deliberately tries to KS. I'm sure they could be ignored for a couple of hours with little real impact. In fact, if they play so little most other players should be able to way outdamage them to the point where they'd only be able to KS a couple of mobs here and there. Ignore them and it's just not a big deal. If they flag on you and just tap you once to try to instigate; ignore them and it's just not a big deal.

And that is very wrong. In fact even for 20 hours you cannot affect anyone. But two hours should be enough to make something in the game. Well they are not. And that is intentional. And it is very stupid, as it makes sense from marketing point, but it is just frustrating fro the most of the players. And Kakao made the mobs easy, and removed the PvP just to avoid the frustration. 

Posted

I hate this behaviour when u kill someone without warning.....wtf is so hard to say leave!! After that if the person dont leave kill them do whatever u whant ! I got so piss off when this things happens to me....but what can i do is internet evry retard can play this game...! 

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate this behaviour when u kill someone without warning.....wtf is so hard to say leave!! After that if the person dont leave kill them do whatever u whant ! I got so piss off when this things happens to me....but what can i do is internet evry retard can play this game...! 

look, 90% of the time, this isn't an issue.  I see someone farming, i leave or politely ask if i join.  if i have a quest, i ask if i can just kill a few.  if not I look in other channels.  However, sometimes, someone comes out of the blue and just kills me on sight even though I never saw them farming.  No warning.  Or someone acts like a douche.  In those cases, I go out of my way to grief them, and with extreme prejudice.  

Adding back the exp loss to innocent players minding their own business will encourage the kind of antisocial, psychotic behavior that drives the 99% casual player base from the game.  Daum knows that.  

2 people like this

Posted

More like PA/Kakao have absolutely horrible market management team that has absolutely no clue whatsoever what people want. Especially in the west. Lol

They're not perfect, but they're doing a great job in comparison to the other games I've played recently.

If i were in charge of this game from the start before it was ruined, it would be infinitely more successful and you know why? 

Oh dew tell. I'm all a-twitter with anticipation.

Because i play mmos for more than half of my life (im 27 now and i started mmos at 13) and because i've been both casual and hardcore(mostly still am) and i know both sides and i know how to make the game fair and enjoyable for everyone.

You are not some kind of special snowflake here, your level and range of experience playing these games is pretty common. But hey, OK, you know how to make the game fair and enjoyable for everyone? Let's hear it!

It's another thing if there's some casual entitled scrub who wants to come home from work and log in for his daily 2 hours in a mmorpg and want to "own the world".  Catering to scum like this kills games and it doesn't make you any richer because they would spend money even if you didn't cater to them as long as it was more or less fair to both sides, because spending money is something they do for their own selves and pleasures and not really for the company.

So... your plan is "screw those filthy casuals, we'll throw them some table scraps and they'll spend lots of money here anyway"? 

Oh, yeah, sounds like a recipe for epic success. Someone get this guy 50-100 million bucks to make the Best MMORPG Ever. xD

Posted

They're not perfect, but they're doing a great job in comparison to the other games I've played recently.

Oh dew tell. I'm all a-twitter with anticipation.

You are not some kind of special snowflake here, your level and range of experience playing these games is pretty common. But hey, OK, you know how to make the game fair and enjoyable for everyone? Let's hear it!

So... your plan is "screw those filthy casuals, we'll throw them some table scraps and they'll spend lots of money here anyway"? 

Oh, yeah, sounds like a recipe for epic success. Someone get this guy 50-100 million bucks to make the Best MMORPG Ever. xD

yeah, games that cater to the sunless, pasty skinned, basement dwelling, 24/7 gaming troglodytes die a rapid death.  it's the 99% of casual players that earn all the profits.

Posted

Most of you call them "bullies", but I'd be pretty pissed if someone was intruding on my goal that takes literally weeks of straight playing to accomplish.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kill 'em all

Posted

Most of you call them "bullies", but I'd be pretty pissed if someone was intruding on my goal that takes literally weeks of straight playing to accomplish.

There's no end goal here except maybe dying in a heart attack. "irrelevant" who cries the most is lv.60 and full boss gear. I don't think I've seen him grind in-game, but he follows a common pattern of over-leveled/-geared players who wants the whole area for themselves despite not using one third of it and their advantage makes it easy to claim apart for the pesky karma limit of course. And no-life usually goes along with anti-social so nothing surprising about it. I see no problem with staying after being killed over and over, karma is part of the game and the only defence you have as a casual player.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's no end goal here except maybe dying in a heart attack. "irrelevant" who cries the most is lv.60 and full boss gear. I don't think I've seen him grind in-game, but he follows a common pattern of over-leveled/-geared players who wants the whole area for themselves despite not using one third of it and their advantage makes it easy to claim apart for the pesky karma limit of course. And no-life usually goes along with anti-social so nothing surprising about it. I see no problem with staying after being killed over and over, karma is part of the game and the only defence you have as a casual player.

Indeed.  90% of the time i can work things out amicably.  then there are the 10% social misfits who earn the karma griefing train.

Posted

Good news! When he gets together the 50-100 million bucks he needs to make a big budget MMORPG that caters to those folks who play for literally weeks of straight playing at the expense of those filthy casuals, you can buy it and play it!

Posted

Did you share your 1 car when you were a kid with the other 40 kids in the neighbour?

No but I did  share the playground swings.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

At this point I'd call guild five man and pk you until you have no crystals and gear left....and then laugh hardy

Whereas right at the beginning when you first see me all you have to do is be polite and I'll leave.

Edited by zeecommander
2 people like this

Posted

I went to Sausan at my level 56 for the first time and practice the new awaken skills alone. And then I was killed by group of people twice without any mention. At the third time, they killed me again and said "leave". Does this normally happen or no, if then I will never set foot in Sausan again. Also, what else should I know about the similar places like Sausan? 

Its called "Territory Dispute". This means someone is doing a rotation (circle of group of mobs) and you wouldnt be the first person treading on this land. The motto, "The weak do not eat" applies here... meaning if you want you can try to communicate, however 9/10 of the times will end in a pvp confrontation. Players who are strong know they can strong arm the area and kick people out. They will pk you, if you continue to go there to get killed they will dec on the guild you are in. 

How do you avoid this? Kill them. If you cannot do this then change channels or try to find another area around there with another rotation (roughly about 4 rotations)

This is an aspect of the game you will encounter many times at pirates, sausans, crescents, titium valley. Sometimes youll get it in other areas (like ogres) without even realizing it due to lack of mass spawns. 

Get strong, this game is not really as much about grinding to max level as it is improving your character overall

Posted

lol, you sound pretty worked up just thinking about it 

true greifers dont stand there and die. 

i make a point of stealing all the mobs and messing up your rotation, and when you target me, be prepared to start chasing me down, cause this kill wont be easy

Posted (edited)

At this point I'd call guild five man and pk you until you have no crystals and gear left....and then laugh hardy

Whereas right at the beginning when you first see me all you have to do is be polite and I'll leave.

You obviously dont know who Kawai princess Lemon is. Reading your comments, if you pull together a 5 man party and try to grief him, he will slaughter you like the cattle you are. Message Lemon ingame and ask what server he is on, I dont think he would mind raping you for a few hours.

Indeed.  90% of the time i can work things out amicably.  then there are the 10% social misfits who earn the karma griefing train.

"Might is right" like someone quoted above. If someone is stronger then you and already have the spot, you try to take it from him, even with a party, and loose, youre the ones at fault if you grief him, even if hes rude and so on. Just because he wants to solo instead of partying with scrubs doesnt mean hes an asshole and if you take mobs and then gets angry when he kills you, then my friend, you have some serious issues

No-life goes along with anti-social? Wtf? He might just like the game? What the ----- do you know about his real life? In my experience, most guys or grills that plays alot always sits and talks with people. Just because you play a game 80h/week doesnt mean you cant have a life

Edited by Inexizz

Posted

I went to Sausan at my level 56 for the first time and practice the new awaken skills alone. And then I was killed by group of people twice without any mention. At the third time, they killed me again and said "leave". Does this normally happen or no, if then I will never set foot in Sausan again. Also, what else should I know about the similar places like Sausan? 

Next time just make sure not to get into someone's grind rotation, unless you want to fight for it, really simple

Posted

this is one of the very few MMOs that would be so much better as a single player game with a linked leaderboard for chest-beaters to compare themsevles.

That way the people who feel like they own the game literally would and the people who want to just move into a spot can do so without competition.

1 person likes this

Posted

this is one of the very few MMOs that would be so much better as a single player game with a linked leaderboard for chest-beaters to compare themsevles.

That way the people who feel like they own the game literally would and the people who want to just move into a spot can do so without competition.

Indeed. BDO is a terrible MMO. Not so bad as a singleplayer game, but a disaster as multiplayer. And all that solo players and nolifers scream this is the best game ever. Pathetic.

Posted

At Sausans there are 3 spots:

-Main spot

-Second spot

-Back spot

Starting directly from the node manager if you go north you will be exactly between the 3 spots.

If you go east on your map you will be at the main spot.

If you go west you are on the secondary spot.

If you go north east (past the big wall) you will be at the back spot.

The best etiquette there is to do the following.

1. Go and look at the main spot.

2.Ask for spot."Got spot?"

3a) If full/no/pvp LEAVE. Go to next spot

3b) If yes join and learn the rotation. Next time you are there and you just want to kill some mobs kill the ones what are not in the rotation and NOBODY will touch you.

DO NOT KILL MOBS THAT ARE PART OF A ROTATION IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE GROUP MAKING THE ROTATION.

YOU MAY BE KILLED ON SIGHT AND CALLED A NOOB.

Each time you kill mobs from a rotation you slow down 5 people. You are being selfish if you farm in a spot that is part of a rotation. They each sacrifice 50% of the xp they usually get so they can share the XP. I state again.

In weekends due to XP buff it's worse because Sausans is very easy to get to (As opposed to pirates) 

Indeed. BDO is a terrible MMO. Not so bad as a singleplayer game, but a disaster as multiplayer. And all that solo players and nolifers scream this is the best game ever. Pathetic.

BDO caters to a certain type of players, indeed, the same types who used to play Lineage 2.

If you do not understand that here are rules that are unspoken about farming etiquette and that when you take mobs from a rotation you actually slow down 5 people that each lose 50% of their xp so they play in party, you are being selfish.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I thought so about you. Sorry for the "lump in", was mostly commenting on those that whine "they made me go red"... It'd be cool if they added the rez options you mentioned; get closer to a compromise where both sides are equally unhappy. :) They stated they put in the owpvp changes to keep op 24/7 players from suffocating the progress of new players, but maybe they took it a step too far. I dunno, I'm actually fine with it as it is now, or if they added the rez options with xp loss for closer rez.

That's precisely the point, most of the complaining is that the system is way too lopsided as it is now. Many people there went negative every once in a while, me included, it's not like we have a huge issue with that but there's also no deterrent for people that keep bothering you.

If you die in PvP repeated times you need an increasing respawn timer, afterall i don't think an OWPvP game should encourage people to be passive instead of fighting back. I understand that an increased timer sounds counter intuitive to promote fighting, but at least it forces people to try their best and prevents stupid situations from occurring.

Obviously there will still be people that go out of their way to be a nuisance even with such a system, but a minority can be handled.

But either way, the reality is that the current system is the way it is because these games can and do change the rules to prevent player behavior from driving them out of business. They are not interested in providing you with a target-rich environment at the expense of their own salaries, nor should they be.

Which is funny considering that PA/Kakao managed to make far more damage by themselves. You can just check their stock and see what happened, also you'll notice that the dates coincide with the release of certain infamous patches. It's funny that everything they thought would improve their salaries actually provided the opposite result.

This game will always be niche, it'll never be mainstream, you have to follow the mass if you're shaping the next Call of Duty but with niche products you first have to listen to the dedicated ones.

You can try to prove me wrong however.

Maybe, maybe not. The owners of the business think not.

Please refer to my point above. It's factual stuff you can check yourself.

Actually, that's a great example. If somebody is just going to log in and play for 2 hours there's very little they can do to affect anyone. 

That's what the morons who constantly park their car in front of my gate to buy food seem to think aswell, they all stay 2 minutes or so and they all individually think they're doing nothing wrong, too bad that they are bunch of people rotating that thing which ends up indefinitely clogged.

By only staying for a couple minutes it makes it even pointless to call the cops and get them fined, it will never happen.

Let me put it another way, if someone plays 2 hours why does he even need the mainspot which he doesn't even have the gear to fully exploit? The truth of the matter is that carebears feel entitled to anything without feeling the need to have any common sense.

Edited by Sheranna

Posted (edited)

BDO caters to a certain type of players, indeed, the same types who used to play Lineage 2.

If you do not understand that here are rules that are unspoken about farming etiquette and that when you take mobs from a rotation you actually slow down 5 people that each lose 50% of their xp so they play in party, you are being selfish.

I'm a Lineage 2 player. So spare me that nonsense. L2 was a multiplayer game in everything. One of the best MMOs ever. As BDO is one of the worst MMOs. Yes BDO is very similar on first side with L2 - flawless world, many activities like fishing, also karma, sieges, wars, even a desert with burning debuff. But L2 had open world, FFA PvP, multiplayer PvE, meaningful conflicts. The actions and the decisions in L2 had consequences. As BDO is a solo game, where anything you do changes nothing. Every real L2 player dislikes the gameplay of BDO.

Edited by Ikcen