• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

At Sausan what does it mean by "Leave"

275 posts in this topic

Posted

If they are there first then just leave or change channel or group with them.

Otherwise karma bomb and annoy them for sure. 

1 person likes this

Posted

That's precisely the point, most of the complaining is that the system is way too lopsided as it is now. Many people there went negative every once in a while, me included, it's not like we have a huge issue with that but there's also no deterrent for people that keep bothering you.

If you die in PvP repeated times you need an increasing respawn timer, afterall i don't think an OWPvP game should encourage people to be passive instead of fighting back. I understand that an increased timer sounds counter intuitive to promote fighting, but at least it forces people to try their best and prevents stupid situations from occurring.

With a timer you'll end up with spawn campers. But maybe there's a solution to that. Each solution has a problem that needs a solution that has a problem...

You can just check their stock and see what happened, also you'll notice that the dates coincide with the release of certain infamous patches. It's funny that everything they thought would improve their salaries actually provided the opposite result.

I don't put too much emphasis on stock prices. Apple's stock dives after almost every event they have, then bounces back within a few weeks. That said, Kakao has a lot of patent lawsuits to deal with, have acquired all sorts of companies, are into music, messaging, general shopping, advertising, even taxi services as well as the gaming division, which actually seemed to be a bright point in their last quarterly report. It's hard for me to find the precise numbers, but it sure doesn't seem like BDO is anywhere near a majority of that company.

That's what the morons who constantly park their car in front of my gate to buy food seem to think aswell, they all stay 2 minutes or so and they all individually think they're doing nothing wrong, too bad that they are bunch of people rotating that thing which ends up indefinitely clogged.

By only staying for a couple minutes it makes it even pointless to call the cops and get them fined, it will never happen.

Let me put it another way, if someone plays 2 hours why does he even need the mainspot which he doesn't even have the gear to fully exploit? The truth of the matter is that carebears feel entitled to anything without feeling the need to have any common sense.

Reasonable point, and any type of player can be a pain, whether deliberately or through ignorance. I really haven't heard any solution that solves everything though; I kind of think there isn't such a solution. Just have to learn to deal with what's in front of us.

Posted

It is quite simple:

You come to a grind spot where someone is already farming so you either leave or ask them to join. If they tell you to leave cause they have been there first, you leave.

If they just kill you feel free to react however you want be it Karma bombing, bringing in friends to bully them out because they dont know anything about behaviour or respect.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game will always be niche, it'll never be mainstream, you have to follow the mass if you're shaping the next Call of Duty but with niche products you first have to listen to the dedicated ones.

You can try to prove me wrong however.

This game, unlike the CoD franchise, is a PC-only MMORPG. Among PC-only MMORPGs, it is already mainstream--most of them never hit the mark of a million copies sold.

Know the genre of the game you're playing before you try to set expectations and you won't set insane expectations that cannot possibly be achieved.

Posted (edited)

So basecly u bully them out. Instead of letting a party grind, you karma bomb them to get the spot for yourself. Love your care bear logic.

How about if u see a party grinding just change channels or go to a different spot?

But i guess a party is not entitled to a grind spot but you are.

And you wonder why u have no friends.

the dumb is real in this posting. OP wasnt even trying to grind anything. Sounds like OP was solo playing with his new awakening toys and the butthurt brigade came marching in and "bullied" him out. Perfect example of why I believe Daum made the right choice to remove 1% exp lose. Great example for addition of the jail system. You sir inspired me to show my support of these great decision by buying more from the cashshop today. Hell, might even sell them all on MP too

Edited by Majorapplesauce
3 people like this

Posted

Actually the best thing to do is whatever you like...you all paid the same. You might die, they might...so what?

Posted

sausanspots.thumb.jpg.07b1e4b8afa1e07380

If you fight in one of the 3 spots without checking if there are other players then you have to expect to get attacked by them. Same will happen at pirates but there are usually enough spots to find some empty one.

People have to understand that PKing is part of the game. Its not some evil players abusing a game mechanic, they are using the PK system to claim limited spawns for their own or their group, exactly how it was intended by the developers (or why else is it in the game?).

2 people like this

Posted

Actually the best thing to do is whatever you like...you all paid the same. You might die, they might...so what?

True lol. Majority of players at sausans doesn't care when you spam "leave" or who was there first.

Sausan is best money and top xp(only pirates slightly better xp at higher levels). But there's only 3 spots&rotations at Sausans. Because of +16-20 gear and now also awakenings, one geared player can clear it as fast as a group. So there's not enough mobs to "share" like some guys seems to think.

But there's only 7 channels with actual mobs during primetime and hundreds of players that wants one of the spots at sausans. Many feel entitled to a full rotation solo because they can, which is basically 1/3 of the entire node for one dude. Looking at those facts, it's hardly a surprise that no one gives a shit about "spot taken".

2 people like this

Posted

Well there is a solution, it's very simple.

Add new areas wich grant better xp and money than sausan/pirate, for level 58+ with better gear/awakening. And let media for lower levels.

Because valencia is pointless in term of money. When we will get new contents with new farming zone? Hope the ocean content will bring us that.

Posted (edited)

Well there is a solution, it's very simple.

Add new areas wich grant better xp and money than sausan/pirate, for level 58+ with better gear/awakening. And let media for lower levels.

Because valencia is pointless in term of money. When we will get new contents with new farming zone? Hope the ocean content will bring us that.

Why? It is a simple competition. Why do you play the game to grind for the grind to grind? I really doubt.

The problem are the level and gear gaps, but not the spots.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

"Might is right" like someone quoted above. If someone is stronger then you and already have the spot, you try to take it from him, even with a party, and loose, youre the ones at fault if you grief him, even if hes rude and so on. Just because he wants to solo instead of partying with scrubs doesnt mean hes an asshole and if you take mobs and then gets angry when he kills you, then my friend, you have some serious issues

Btw, if they nicely ask me to leave I will.  If they kill me, I enjoy making them miserable with karma bombing!

Posted

I feel like many of the hyper-agressives in this game may be someone's doormat in real life. This means they flex the e-peen online where they can. Feel sorry for them.

1 person likes this

Posted

But there's only 7 channels with actual mobs during primetime and hundreds of players that wants one of the spots at sausans.

There used to be thousands

Posted

People get territorial over the smallest things.

I'd get territorial over that girl on the pic. 

Posted (edited)

As a zerker I love feeding people to mobs who try to "karma grief" me, it's beautiful watching them lose exp/crystals. (most people who try to karma grief are potato)

If you can't hold/take a grind spot I don't care, I have no reason to share mob rotations with someone else which would effect my progression, if you can actually push me out of a grind spot with pvp then you deserve it imo and I don't get salty about it.

I also don't get salty when people try to ks/karma grief me, they are normally weaker and just trying to use a mechanic to their advantage to get me out of said spot, there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Yerp

Posted (edited)

This game, unlike the CoD franchise, is a PC-only MMORPG. Among PC-only MMORPGs, it is already mainstream--most of them never hit the mark of a million copies sold.

Know the genre of the game you're playing before you try to set expectations and you won't set insane expectations that cannot possibly be achieved.

It's funny because you would think those that know the genre this game belongs to wouldn't complain about PK.

And sorry, it's still niche enough, by your reasoning EVE online is mainstream too. Now that's a good example of a game that does nothing to comply with the whining of those who don't understand which game are playing and, surprise, it works just because of that with a loyal fanbase that constantly spreads word of mouth.

So yeah, even if you want to have a semantic battle concerning what is niche and what is not, fact remains that complying to the lowest common denominator hardly ever helped anything both in gaming and in the real world. It's mostly a result of developers caving in to pressure and/or trying to get a quick and easy shortcut to the pot of gold, which off course quite often fails.

Edited by Sheranna

Posted

if you have a guild, change channel
if you dont have a guild, just grind all day there :D
karma is not infinte :D
you wont lose anything, they do :P 

Posted

It's funny because you would think those that know the genre this game belongs to wouldn't complain about PK.

And sorry, it's still niche enough, by your reasoning EVE online is mainstream too. Now that's a good example of a game that does nothing to comply with the whining of those who don't understand which game are playing and, surprise, it works just because of that with a loyal fanbase that constantly spreads word of mouth.

Yea, it worked nicely to create a deserted mmo with an inbred community that peaks at somewhere around 6 k players online.

Posted

So yeah, even if you want to have a semantic battle concerning what is niche and what is not, fact remains that complying to the lowest common denominator hardly ever helped anything both in gaming and in the real world. It's mostly a result of developers caving in to pressure and/or trying to get a quick and easy shortcut to the pot of gold, which off course quite often fails.

the only people I see whining here are people like you who seem to think you should be able to pk with zero consequences.  Learn to accept the consequences of your action and stop crying.  the rest of us are fine with the game rules.

Posted

I laugh every time someone tells others they don't own a certain grind spot and should share in a game where PvP has a large focus. 

It's like playing football and telling the other team to stop tackling you and share instead. You don't ask to take turns shooting on each others keeper. You take the ball and try to win the game. Football isn't about sharing with the opposition and neither is Black Desert. Both games have a set of rules and you play within them to beat the other players. Players who don't like PvP can share all they want but you don't get to complain about those that choose to PvP and kill you.

Black Desert is not a dinner party where you ask someone to pass the potatoes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I laugh every time someone tells others they don't own a certain grind spot and should share in a game where PvP has a large focus. 

It's like playing football and telling the other team to stop tackling you and share instead. You don't ask to take turns shooting on each others keeper. You take the ball and try to win the game. Football isn't about sharing with the opposition and neither is Black Desert. Both games have a set of rules and you play within them to beat the other players. Players who don't like PvP can share all they want but you don't get to complain about those that choose to PvP and kill you.

Here's something you and I agree on! Except for that last sentence; this game is a lot of things and this topic is just one aspect. If somebody just wants to log in and train horses or farm or fish or manage workers or whatever, have at it. Hell, it seems a small but dedicated set of players just log in to play out RP stories night after night. But yeah, if you just want to log in and farm Sausans without interruption by anybody, you might get lucky with that but probably not. Nobody owns anything, though they can certainly try to control it within the rules we're given.

1 person likes this

Posted

By that reasoning, you also don't get to complain about those that choose to go right back to the same spot that they were and keep doing what they're doing until you're out of karma from killing them so many times. They're playing by the rules, you have no basis for complaint.

That's why I laugh every time someone tells others they do own a certain grind spot and everyone who can't force them out should just stay out. 

Guild wars and node wars are like playing football. They're defined matches where each team is expected to do their best to beat the other team, there's no penalty for directly going after the other team.

The open world is not like that at all. Open world PvP in this game is limited by the karma system explicitly to disincentivize treating other players who aren't looking to PvP with you as if they're prey or a threat, unless they're actually flagged to be able to directly attack you or you're at war with their guild.

If they're not flagged and your guild isn't at war with theirs, they are no threat to you and you have no right to kill them without consequence simply for being there.

It just isn't that kind of game no matter how much you'd like to pretend that it is.

Posted

For your next holidays i recommend going to egoist islands where single persons claim a whole grind spot which is suitable for 2-3 people.

These tourists won't talk at all. Do they accept party requests? Nooo! Do they accept your offer of popping Party EXP pots? NOOOOO!!! Do they accept your credit card? Probably not, but if so they take it and kill you... and your horse anyway.

They won't even respect the fact that you were being first to come here like they and simply rip your towel off the tanning bed. Book today and your oversee vehicle will be parked at the next dock 400km away, all inclusive.

4,5 out of 5 salt stars, would book again!

1 person likes this

Posted

do whatever you like.  Just don't whine about game mechanics that are intended to curb psychotic, anti-social behaviors.

Posted

do whatever you like.  Just don't whine about game mechanics that are intended to curb psychotic, anti-social behaviors.

good joke man

except your kind, the troll pve type of people, whined so hard about this game that the developer changed the karma system TWICE. Not once, TWICE, to cater to casuals more because the developer is bad because if it wasn't bad the game would be doing way better but they are misguided and full of greed and don't know how to treat their customers with respect which would earn them more money.

your whining influenced them in the past and now you're telling to people not to whine? 0/10