• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What To Do After 50?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been 50 for quite some time now and while I do know that 55 is the soft cap, I rushed to 50 after seeing all the EXP Bonuses. Now its a bit daunting to figure out what to do next. I have an idea, which is to get black stones and increase my Grunil armor to make 50-55 easier, but I'm interested to hear what you guys did so that I may get ideas. Thanks guys in advance <3

Posted

I like to fish in the wildness. Sometimes I just sit on the grass admiring the forest view as goblins get slain by new players. Sometimes I harvest fruits and chop trees and chomp on that Balenos special I bought from the market. Yes that is the bdo life I live and breath.

Posted (edited)

Here are some thingies you could do~

• Go back and do Constitution, Energy, and Backpack Inventory Space Quests.
  • Grind levels
  • Go to Mediah/Valencia
  • Farm World Bosses/Boss Scrolls
  • Go Fishing
  • Try to farm better gear
  • Do Daily Quests/Weekly Quests
  • Try out a new class
  • Have Fun~!

There You Go <3

Edited by Furvix

Posted

50 is just the start! Set yourself a goal and work towards it. Aim to get your Grunil to all +15. Then aim to get your Grunil all ultimate, producing all the materials yourself with your worker empire. Aim to replace your Yuria with a Liverto. Aim to get all your base accessories to PRI. Keep setting goals and slowly working your way up, the personal drive is what will keep you going the most as there is no real fun end game PVE.  

Here are some thingies you could do~

• Go back and do Constitution, Energy, and Backpack Inventory Space Quests.
  • Grind levels
  • Go to Mediah/Valencia
  • Farm World Bosses/Boss Scrolls
  • Go Fishing
  • Try to farm better gear
  • Do Daily Quests/Weekly Quests
  • Try out a new class
  • Have Fun~!

There You Go <3

Lovely suggestions <3

Posted

Grind mobs for eternity to get better gear to grind more mobs, after months of this you can do some pvp and hopefully kill some of the weaker players.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah trying to be competitive in PvP in this game is a certain recipe for madness. Forget about it and enjoy the side activities the game offers, like farming, fishing, hunting, crafting, cooking, alchemy, etc.

And if you're into RP, that might also be a real option, provided you happened to roll on the right server (Orwen for NA, Jordine for EU).

Posted

I've been 50 for quite some time now and while I do know that 55 is the soft cap, I rushed to 50 after seeing all the EXP Bonuses. Now its a bit daunting to figure out what to do next. I have an idea, which is to get black stones and increase my Grunil armor to make 50-55 easier, but I'm interested to hear what you guys did so that I may get ideas. Thanks guys in advance <3

considering you can go from 50-55 in under a few hours of real grinding , and the current soft cap is more like 57 honestly.

Posted

GOOD GOD the replies! So many of them!! Guys thank you so much!!!!!!

Posted

Gaining levels, even with the increased speed is slow going. It's best to concentrate focus onto things where you can see progress happening on a more rapid pace. (you'll level up in the meantime anyways)

Increase your current Gear score and obtain better gear.

This is done by fighting bosses. Scroll bosses and world bosses.

Learn the failstacking mini-game. (AKA the FML system.)

Unlock the nodes for your workers to be able to mine Platinum and Rough Blackstone crystals.

Start making Armor and weapon upgrade stones. Going from Green to Gold Quality yields substantial statistical gains. 5AP for armor and various bonuses on weapons.

In geeral if you obtain boss gear, it becomes superior to PRI standard gold gear at +13. Liverto Matches PRI yuria at +14.

Once you get your boss gear to that point, sell your n00b gear. (selling DUO or above, non-boss gear is nearly impossible, so try and replace them at PRI or before).

Remember to save up all your loyalties for "Artisan's memory" Those are invaluable for upgrading boss gear. CRON STONES ARE LESS THAN USELESS, An artisan's memory will increase the max durability of a memory fragment from 2 to 5, and will increase the gain from an actual item sacrifice from 10 to 30.

Save up lots of silver to purchase Pearl Shop items for your alts. They need the P2W benefits too...lol

Posted

Save up lots of silver to purchase Pearl Shop items for your alts. They need the P2W benefits too...lol

I would advise against trying to buy pearl items from the marketplace. They are incredibly rare if you aren't a Warrior, Berzerker or Sorceress and trying to buy them through the marketplace is a recipe for insanity. Unless you have superhuman vision to be able to read and enter the Captcha in under 0.001 seconds, you are SOOL. If you want cute outfits, sacrifice a few IRL beers and buy some pearls. Chances are you will spend more time watching marketplace for items to pop than actually playing and end up wanting to break something when the outfit for your class is sniped for the hundredth time.

Posted

e1b0e27e8657ef60ddfa8ad00b32b1d6.png

Posted

e1b0e27e8657ef60ddfa8ad00b32b1d6.png

Grats my fellow Croxian.

OT:
I think people before me have already said a lot of things that you can do in the game so I'd just give a tip.
Try to focus on one thing at a time until you have a clear understanding of what the game has to offer.

If you're new you can easily get overwhelmed by the amount of things that are doable (I got overwhelmed at the start at least).

Posted (edited)

I just started playing again. I am 52, my gear it terrible. I just work on my life skills, fish, do daily Calph quests for contribution points and when I get bored I afk fish. Slowly saving for better gear, but I don't want to grind mobs.

Also, I think I've gotten about 75% of my levels from fishing/life skills.

Edited by hazenvirus

Posted

I would advise against trying to buy pearl items from the marketplace. They are incredibly rare if you aren't a Warrior, Berzerker or Sorceress and trying to buy them through the marketplace is a recipe for insanity. Unless you have superhuman vision to be able to read and enter the Captcha in under 0.001 seconds, you are SOOL. If you want cute outfits, sacrifice a few IRL beers and buy some pearls. Chances are you will spend more time watching marketplace for items to pop than actually playing and end up wanting to break something when the outfit for your class is sniped for the hundredth time.

It is actually quite easy.

Step 1: Save up 30 million silver.

Step 2: Choose the outfit you want.

Step 3: Buy a Megaphone with 100 loyalties.

Step 4: Send a serverwide message using the megaphone (try between 3pm and 8pm PST) asking for someone to post the outfit you want and have them whisper you.

Step 5: wait for the item to be lised and purchase.

I have bought many many outfits this way, it is usually pretty easy.

Posted

It is actually quite easy.

Step 1: Save up 30 million silver.

Step 2: Choose the outfit you want.

Step 3: Buy a Megaphone with 100 loyalties.

Step 4: Send a serverwide message using the megaphone (try between 3pm and 8pm PST) asking for someone to post the outfit you want and have them whisper you.

Step 5: wait for the item to be lised and purchase.

I have bought many many outfits this way, it is usually pretty easy.

Am guessing you aren't on European servers... I saw screenshots of US servers with loads of costumes for all classes. It's not like that in Europe, at moment there's a solitary tantu costume. I try asking late night/early morning, and even at 3am someone manages to snipe anything that's posted. Guess I just have bad luck as I have not won a single item on the bid phase, and if it makes it to the free for all phase... it's gone before I can even see what the numbers are.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im facing this situation right now, Im fairly new to the game (couple weeks playing).

But I have rushed my way to the 50's and now Im completely lost.

Posted (edited)

Im facing this situation right now, Im fairly new to the game (couple weeks playing).

But I have rushed my way to the 50's and now Im completely lost.

i did this as well after returning and rushed now i have 51 Kuno 52 Sorc 50 witch and now am working on my zerker as well as my lifeskills trying to get my armor upgraded! as i dont have tri anything. and zerker is my baby lv 23

Edited by Zameroth

Posted

if your gear isnt that great the daily quests in SW calpheon, Baer, trent and that area, will get you decent rings, neck, earrings, belt. and there are some black spirit quests at level 50 there for a fair amount of black stones, weapon and armor as well as the hunter seal quests to build up even more stones. you will also get alot of armor/weapon drops to either sell or build failstacks on. basically dailies for manshas, rhutums, catfish and witches.

Posted

Exactly same shit You did before 50 :)

Posted

Most progress: Save up all silver, snipe as many cheap relic as u can do. Run them, sell anything, profit 7m/h, repeat till tri weapon.

Meanwhile lifeskill up for cp which goes into more workers for more ressource and workshops. Cooking beer works very well.

Once 150+ap destroy manes up to level 57.

Fun way: quest some, do this and that but neither buy nor sell blackstones just run relic and daily scrolls ect. for that. 

Most important: Dont think that either 50 or 55 is a place to rest. the bare minimum imo, if you want to do pve or pvp, is lvl58. Its fast tog et there and yeah if u have some ap already you should grind while xp bonuses are still up, at leat 30minutes of 200%xp.

PS:Dont enchant a blue weapon to tri yourself, buy it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0