• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

afk RE: Stop Killing My Horse! [IDEA]

11 posts in this topic

Posted

**Here's a fun idea for the Developers to consider**

BDO already switches to AFK mode after a few minutes, so why not use this functionality for some PK fun?  Below are the details:

1. If you leave your training character before it has switched to AFK mode, then you can be attacked, as normal, with no repercussions.
  2. If your character gets attacked "after" AFK mode starts, the offending player will be marked with REVENGE status, which is visible by the attacked player, and/or their party.
  3. If your party members are active, they receive a notification of the revenge status, and may begin to "hunt" for the offender immediately.
  4. When you or your party are within a "specified" range of the instigator marked with revenge status, they appear on the map, which gives you and/or your party members the element of surprise in the ensuing attack.
  5. Revenge may be satisfied immediately by the party while the AFK player is still away, or at any future time when the revenged player is encountered.
  6. Anyone that joins the party(currently or future) with the attacked player, will gain access to the revenge status. However, the attacked player is the only "holder" of the revenge status.
  7. Once revenge has been satisfied, the revenge status will disappear from the offending player, even if the attacked player was not directly involved in the revenge, due to AFK status.
  8. A player may have multiple revenge statuses active at any given time if they have attacked multiple AFK players.
  9. Achievement rewards should be available on both sides, either for XX number of revenge statuses accrued, or for XX number of revenge statuses resolved.

Just an idea, but it seems like fun for all involved :D

Please feel free to critique or improve in the comments, thanks.

Original thread HERE

1 person likes this

Posted

Or you could not afk outside of safe zones? don't fix what aint broken.

1 person likes this

Posted

afking outside of safezone for the better items is a part of the game. There isnt only meant to be just "good" players, there will be evil and good. This means don't afk unless you know you wont be found

Posted (edited)

Please read again and notice nowhere in my thread was I personally complaining. I'm new to BDO, but I've been PK'ing since Oct 2008, and been FPS'ing since 1999 (Remember UT?). Very few games in the past have managed to make something fun out of this frequently controversial aspect of MMO games. This is simply my idea to add a bit of enjoyment/challenge/achievement to reduce the latent stress that some players have.

This doesn't change anything related to the process of AFK PK'ing, except that if potentially can give the PK'er a moderate challenge to the otherwise normally boring kill. The PK'er could get achievements for defeating revenge attempts too. Could also get achievements for total lifetime PK's. Yep and those achievements would eventually lead to rewards. You could even brag around your guild over who has the biggest "revenge" stack. Get it now? This would actually encourage PK'ing more, not less...while at the same time, at least giving the AFK players some type of fun revenge option, if they so choose. They would also have achievements that lead to rewards. 

This thread isn't pro to either party involved, it's just trying to improve the process a bit. In the end it could provide more fun for both sides of the community.

Or you could not afk outside of safe zones? don't fix what aint broken.

Yes, this would cause some players to really stick to the safe zones. At least you would know that most of the players left out in the danger zones would be up for a little fun.
Well, that's assuming that YOU are up to the challenge
;)

afking outside of safezone for the better items is a part of the game. There isnt only meant to be just "good" players, there will be evil and good. This means don't afk unless you know you wont be found

Indeed. But see, Im the opposite of that. I'd be the 1 guy trolling for PK'ers. Pretending to be a poor helpless AFK'er...except one that was prepared.

Don't know if this would work, but...I was thinking about to train up a horse with caution, then find an area to "fake" afk in that's near some cliffs. Load up on defensive armor and let the PK'er hit me once to get a taste of blood...then take off in a sprint to get them following right behind me. Then just gallop straight towards a cliff and say the (Independence Day)Will Smith line, "I hope you gotta airbag", hahaha. Now that could keep me entertained for days...SPLAT!
:D

Edited by DragonFear
1 person likes this

Posted

Indeed. But see, Im the opposite of that. I'd be the 1 guy trolling for PK'ers. Pretending to be a poor helpless AFK'er...except one that was prepared.
Don't know if this would work, but...I was thinking about to train up a horse with caution, then find an area to "fake" afk in that's near some cliffs. Load up on defensive armor and let the PK'er hit me once to get a taste of blood...then take off in a sprint to get them following right behind me. Then just gallop straight towards a cliff and say the (Independence Day)Will Smith line, "I hope you gotta airbag", hahaha. Now that could keep me entertained for days...SPLAT!

yeah most players who have to kill afk players are just doing it for your reaction. If you dont give them a reaction they get bored and run along. Just dont get salty about it and rekt them when they attack you, as most players who actively hunt out afkers are not geared

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Use a Low level(10-44) alt for leveling your horse lol and nothing can kill your horse or you.

Edited by Catastigma
1 person likes this

Posted

yeah most players who have to kill afk players are just doing it for your reaction. If you dont give them a reaction they get bored and run along. Just dont get salty about it and rekt them when they attack you, as most players who actively hunt out afkers are not geared

True. And it's going to be a while before I and geared up properly, but when I am, I intend to have fun. I'm trying to get some of my friends to migrate over to BDO. So far it seems like it has just about everything included, which I cant say about many other games.

Posted

Not everyone who plays this game is interested in PvP, your idea will make things worse for the people who aren't because like you said it will encourage PKing. The people who play and are not interested in the PvP aspect are likely to be victimized most by your scenario. They will not care about the revenge option because they do not want anything to do with PvP in the first place. Unless there is some way for those people to opt out completely, like the defeat the weakened Belmorn quest actually doing its job, then this idea would likely cause those players to find another game. I like that you are trying to find a solution I just think the proposed solution would not help the people who are most likely to be PK'd in the first place.

3 people like this

Posted

Ignoring the "AFK" parts, and reading the post comprehensively.....

(Dear god people learn to comprehend before you speak)

The overall scheme of "Revenge" markers mixed into the current PVP system is not necessarily a bad idea.

This could somewhat coincide with a "bounty system", and possibly further utilization of the NPC in Veila that can track players locations for you.

I imagine that at some point in the future we will see some sort of Bounty System, and PVP aspects, both good and bad, will continue to evolve and expand.  We still have Naval Guild Warfare to get through, and that will probably be a few more months down the line.

Though, being the evil marketing strategist that I am, I would totally create a Pet for the Cash-Shop that "Defends you"...(violently i might add) when you enter AFK mode.....charge 3900 Pearls for permanent version, or 900 pearls for a 30day version. Pet not killable, doesn't starve, but a sick twist - if you're AFK for too long, the pet kills you instead. (Hey puppies gotta eat)

3 people like this

Posted

Please read again and notice nowhere in my thread was I personally complaining. I'm new to BDO, but I've been PK'ing since Oct 2008, and been FPS'ing since 1999 (Remember UT?). Very few games in the past have managed to make something fun out of this frequently controversial aspect of MMO games. This is simply my idea to add a bit of enjoyment/challenge/achievement to reduce the latent stress that some players have.

This doesn't change anything related to the process of AFK PK'ing, except that if potentially can give the PK'er a moderate challenge to the otherwise normally boring kill. The PK'er could get achievements for defeating revenge attempts too. Could also get achievements for total lifetime PK's. Yep and those achievements would eventually lead to rewards. You could even brag around your guild over who has the biggest "revenge" stack. Get it now? This would actually encourage PK'ing more, not less...while at the same time, at least giving the AFK players some type of fun revenge option, if they so choose. They would also have achievements that lead to rewards. 

This thread isn't pro to either party involved, it's just trying to improve the process a bit. In the end it could provide more fun for both sides of the community.

Yes, this would cause some players to really stick to the safe zones. At least you would know that most of the players left out in the danger zones would be up for a little fun.Well, that's assuming that YOU are up to the challenge ;)

lmao your pretty creative likethis guy cean I believe is the correct spelling from kyrios archeage he had some hella fun videos of messing with people especially in the library drowning them lmao 

1 person likes this

Posted

I've learned my lesson, no longer afk outside of safe zone when fishing and never afk at well known grind spot entrances.

There will always be a missbulgaria...

1 person likes this