• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are all these lower level spots packed with level 59s?

154 posts in this topic

Posted

tldr; Why aren't these nearly level 60 players grinding in Valencia? And why do there seem to be MORE people grinding sausans than ever before?

I'm currently a level 56, after recently returning to the game at 55. My first thought was that with Valencia being out, and Sausans having been done to death for so long, it'd be at least a little more deserted by now. To my surprise, Sausans is even MORE crowded now than it was when I was active 2 months or so ago. Back then I could get spots, and I'd even just pop into Sausans at random sometimes with no intent to grind, and the place would be deserted.

Now? I can hop 8 different channels at 3 AM, and every single one of them is taken either by a group of 5, or more likely by 1-3 level 58-59 players that flag on sight, and they might consider asking you to leave if they see you twice. Pirates seems to be better, but not by much. No flagging, but no openings. I went there after giving up on Sausans, only to find most of the island loaded. I tried this way out of the way back area, and bumped into someone I remember being one of the strongest rangers I'd seen before quitting. Level 59 of course.

Basically though, what about Valencia? Why does it seem like everyone is literally partying at Sausans (and make no mistake, I have seen at least one pseudo party at Sausans...), and crowding pirates? Didn't the population of this game go down semi drastically, and shouldn't these high levels have stepped up a tier? It makes no sense, and I really can't do anything. I don't have the money, gear, or levels to compete with these people. The only way I can grind is if I get lucky and find a spot in the back (because finding a front spot just means I'm waiting for level 59s to come flag and tell me to leave), or find the occasional open group.

And obviously I can't just go grind in Valencia myself. I'm not level 59. Someone tell me why this obsession exists with lower level content?

7 people like this

Posted

Valencia is simply not worth it in xp or money. Pirates is still the best spot in the game for money at all levels (sausans being the second best), you can get a little bit more experience in Valencia (not a lot though), but the money there is not even 50% of the money you get at Sausans/Pirates. It is not up to the high level players to change this, it is up to the developer/publisher.

12 people like this

Posted

everyone thought people would move to valencia with valencia part 1 released. some did move to valencia for a short while until they experienced how horrible the money where there. people also thought valencia part 2 would make it better but it made no difference at all.

so you if want to grind those two places you either have to get a group to compete in pvp vs these groups or you have to find somewhere else to grind until you can compete.you might get lucky once in a while for a short time to find a free spot to grind. however, its not easy as you have stated.

Posted (edited)

tldr; Why aren't these nearly level 60 players grinding in Valencia? And why do there seem to be MORE people grinding sausans than ever before?

I'm currently a level 56, after recently returning to the game at 55. My first thought was that with Valencia being out, and Sausans having been done to death for so long, it'd be at least a little more deserted by now. To my surprise, Sausans is even MORE crowded now than it was when I was active 2 months or so ago. Back then I could get spots, and I'd even just pop into Sausans at random sometimes with no intent to grind, and the place would be deserted.

Now? I can hop 8 different channels at 3 AM, and every single one of them is taken either by a group of 5, or more likely by 1-3 level 58-59 players that flag on sight, and they might consider asking you to leave if they see you twice. Pirates seems to be better, but not by much. No flagging, but no openings. I went there after giving up on Sausans, only to find most of the island loaded. I tried this way out of the way back area, and bumped into someone I remember being one of the strongest rangers I'd seen before quitting. Level 59 of course.

Basically though, what about Valencia? Why does it seem like everyone is literally partying at Sausans (and make no mistake, I have seen at least one pseudo party at Sausans...), and crowding pirates? Didn't the population of this game go down semi drastically, and shouldn't these high levels have stepped up a tier? It makes no sense, and I really can't do anything. I don't have the money, gear, or levels to compete with these people. The only way I can grind is if I get lucky and find a spot in the back (because finding a front spot just means I'm waiting for level 59s to come flag and tell me to leave), or find the occasional open group.

And obviously I can't just go grind in Valencia myself. I'm not level 59. Someone tell me why this obsession exists with lower level content?

just to let you know you don't have to be 59 to go to valencia. You can go around level 56 or 57 if your gear is decent enough. 

Edited by Paradoxus
2 people like this

Posted

Because Daum made Valencia mobs completely not worth cash wise. You CAN make decent cash in Valencia, but not sausages are still better.

Valencia drops need a SERIOUS  buff

3 people like this

Posted

Yes! Valencia is still crap! pls don't go there so I  can continue to free farm at my spot and never have to worry about the crap people deal with regularly at Pirates.

21 people like this

Posted

Valencia is simply not worth it in xp or money. Pirates is still the best spot in the game for money at all levels (sausans being the second best), you can get a little bit more experience in Valencia (not a lot though), but the money there is not even 50% of the money you get at Sausans/Pirates. It is not up to the high level players to change this, it is up to the developer/publisher.

Deff not true.. there spots in mediah that can make 10+mil hr. and has no competiotion.

Posted

makes plenty of sense when i make 4.5~mil per hour in crescent and 11mil~+ in sausan 

don't need to be a math genius to see the difference here... 

i would farm jail in valencia if i had awakening but kokoa @CM_Aethon  games decided they want to torture us and release awakenings with ridiculous incredible 2 weeks delay between each other, giving the first classes months to get ahead without having to deal with karma griefing jerks in sausan 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I dont know why people say its not worth the xp.i grinded extensively.maybe its cause of my class((Witch)).but i get FAR FAR more xp grinding in desert than in sausans.sausans maybe they lvl 59 with bad gear.cause if your gear is decent youll get more in valencia.gotta love fogans.And theres alot of other spots too.bashims are easier and plentiful,cadry spot is small but it has a ton of mobs,theres sulfur for the good geared and nagas for lower geared.I mostly fogans and crescent when i wanna try for rings.Fogans better xp tho for the sheer amount of mobs there

Yes! Valencia is still crap! pls don't go there so I  can continue to free farm at my spot and never have to worry about the crap people deal with regularly at Pirates.

^ this xD

Edited by LinaCrysta
6 people like this

Posted

bashims are easier and plentiful

Yeah, I mean, I'm only 55 but can mop up Bashims with 118ap 253dp as a Tamer who doesn't even bring out her oversized dog. ;) @Xialoh maybe you should go Valencia and see if it's less crowded? Just avoid the centaurs; screw those guys. I can kill them one-by-one and maybe two at a time, but not efficiently that's for sure. Damned horsemen.

1 person likes this

Posted

If it is easy enough and lucrative enough people would certainly grind just about anything low(er) level. Why not, they would gladly do goblins if they dropped enough to make them happy. By the way anyone remembers the Chimeras fiasco a while ago, or is that already forgotten (yeah I know about the memory capabilities of the "Internet generation" - 5 min max, right?).

Now, add to that it is preferably to play a silly lame arse class, like Ranger or Wiz / Witch (sorries, but that's what it is), that can easily nuke everything fast and furious with aoe capability and from a distance, because ya know, at high level, like no mobs will aggro, right? There you have it, easy "profit" - all that ever matters.

Now of course, I would only put half or part of the blame on the player, since the real LAME ARSE "game design" and "mechanics" that allows this ridiculous farce to happen and continue, so really, the actual blame is on the ones that make it possible.

No one would be ever seen doing low level areas if it would be pointless or perhaps, only some players with not good enough gear would, until they could improve said gear and move on, or maybe actually party up and try the "harder" areas.

Adding "content" that no one gives a flying about is like adding no content at all. Either make that content good enough for people of the relevant level to try and be there, or perhaps make the lower level content (compared to high level players) not profitable enough, so they could shove off their sorry butts and leave it to the lower level players, as it was designed for (designed? ... oh well, OK ^^).

Until that day comes, expect to see level 65 pathetic bozzos merrily grinding Sausages, as long as the dosh is good enough. Ah, hah, sorry... how I could even forget the "competitive open world PvP" that can and should happen in those glorious "contested areas", the classic cheap joke of the day.

7 people like this

Posted

[...] Until that day comes, expect to see level 65 pathetic bozzos merrily grinding Sausages, as long as the dosh is good enough. Ah, hah, sorry... how I could even forget the "competitive open world PvP" that can and should happen in those glorious "contested areas", the classic cheap joke of the day.

Hahah, I gave you a like just because I love savory dishes and this one was salty. =) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Those areas still give more XP and cash per hour than Valencia as well as being face roll easy. I prefer to grind in Valencia anyway as it's very rare an area is contested and some spots are just huge that there's enough for a few people to grind without the need of epeen waving. Valencia needs a serious cash buff though to persuade players to move on, until then it's Pirates and Sausage till 60 for the majority.

Posted

Like said before XP and cash is shit in Valencia. Going for repair or vendor is atleast 20 min downtime and No matter where I go in Valencia the density of mobs is also shit. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Deff not true.. there spots in mediah that can make 10+mil hr. and has no competiotion.

Mediah makes lots of money that's true but trash EXP if you are 57+

The only 2 spots in game that make money and EXP are pirates and sausans

Edited by mate

Posted

Like said before XP and cash is shit in Valencia. Going for repair or vendor is atleast 20 min downtime and No matter where I go in Valencia the density of mobs is also shit. 

have ya ever gone to fogans? packs of 20 mobs everywhere

Posted

Maybe the real fix to this is to start reducing the value of drops when the kill is made by characters who outlevel the content, so they have a reason to not stay in content that is well below their abilities.

10 people like this

Posted

Maybe the real fix to this is to start reducing the value of drops when the kill is made by characters who outlevel the content, so they have a reason to not stay in content that is well below their abilities.

Most MMO's use this method, in one form or another. The "Drop rate" generally decreases with further range between Mob and Player.  Actually I was quite surprised to learn I can still go back to level 20ish mobs (Naga's, Fogans, Bandits) around Heidel and collect drops from them, one hit "love taps".

Of course as a Wizard - chain lightning , well nuff said.

Posted

level 58-59 players that flag on sight

They are also getting tired to ask every lvl 55 player to leave.
Especialy when 90% of them thinks they have more right to play there because they are lower levels.

Unless you make the rules and can force everyone to Valencia because they reached a certain lvl. (and get shit cash)

And i barely play sausans btw :P <3 Pirates

2 people like this

Posted

Some  people stayed some moved on. Valencia money isn't great but at the same time  the missing silver is "paying" for the peace you have there for now at least. I was able to grind there before awakenings but after mine came out well it was more of a jolly ride then,

Valencia rewards you in form of scrolls and rare drops, of course it's rng but well this whole game is full of it so no suprise there.

BTW until 59 I stayed at pirates, because it was a lot less crowded few weeks ago.

"The most profitable place" is not always the best place especially if you want comfort.

Posted (edited)

I will tell you why i stay at mediah. I am 59.25 and will -----ing grind here for ages untill valencia grind will be any beneficial. And when u are having fun trying to get TET's with 100+ failstacks u need to do money in most efficiant possible way cause you need thousands of blackstones and hundreds of concentrated blacks and memories. It's all about money unfortunetely.

Edited by Templarek
1 person likes this

Posted

I swapped to pirates to go 59-60, sausans too many problems. But yeah, Valencia is crap and useless for money unless you get lucky with rare drops no point of going there. Kakao probably thinks Valencia is "balanced" just like the entire game. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 person likes this

Posted

Simple.

'Cause medium BDO player think like an accountant: in Valencia i spend 30 mins and earn 2,56kk silver each 10 mins, while I earn 3,14kk silver each 10 mins at Sausan.

Plus, high lvl players are "tree-pisser" addicted. They LOOOVE the words "leave this spot, I own this place". They need to feed their ego that much :D

I'm lvl 56 and doing Valencia in couple. Isn't the best spot for gold? I dont give a shit, i'm having fun in there with Centaurs, Basilisks etc

Having fun is supposed to be the main goal in a game, but for most people isnt.

Indeed, kinda weird doesnt work like this.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mediah makes lots of money that's true but trash EXP if you are 57+

The only 2 spots in game that make money and EXP are pirates and sausans

just talking about silver. Mediah can make way more than pirate if u know the spots ;) 

Posted

just talking about silver. Mediah can make way more than pirate if u know the spots ;) 

I know, I am doing mediah for silver ;)