• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are all these lower level spots packed with level 59s?

154 posts in this topic

Posted

there is also the issue with how ppl count it, is the 10M per hour if you sell everything ? or just pure silver by turn-in/trash ? what about coins from pirates ? rare drops ? "supply station" proximity ? etc.

for mine 5-9m/h it was with selling everything. the 10m/h i've only heard people brag about, yet to know anyone effectively doing it as average income (if we are talking single instance's i know people who made 100m+ in 5minutes ;). but its useless to look at it like that, so we are only talking something you could reliably do hour after hour forever).

i am not considering the PvP though since with the pvp comes a major downscale of the income (if you end up in a long war you could go for hours without any income, but instead a decent cost)

Posted

Adding "content" that no one gives a flying about is like adding no content at all. Either make that content good enough for people of the relevant level to try and be there, or perhaps make the lower level content (compared to high level players) not profitable enough, so they could shove off their sorry butts and leave it to the lower level players, as it was designed for (designed? ... oh well, OK ^^).

that's the biggest issue with games only designed around grinding & very expensive gear upgrade.

Posted

It's simple. Valencia have a serious design problem. 

Everything that you need to do just to be farming in valencia don't worth compare with Pirates or Sausans. 

Valencia XP is good, but this game is based on MONEY/GEAR not just level. After spending some time in valencia, I made this guide: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/112635-updated2109-valencia-spots-guide/

And I tell you, some modifications was made in valencia in recent patches on the KR, Basilisks and Gahaz spots got more density of mobs. BUT. It's not the only thing that Valencia need to have to be worth, and the Sausans and Pirates get less crowed, and the levels 53+ can grind in sausans and 55+ can grind in pirates whiteout some level 59+ killing then.

Here goes the changes.

Valencia Part 1

Fogans, Crescent and Nagas need to increase the trash value. Fogans to 2k (too far from the city and no rare drop but week), Nagas to 1,800k (close to the city and no rare drop, have a sightly higher damage than fogans) and Crescent to 1,800k (far from the city but with a jackpoint drop, crescent ring, they're have a decent damage.),

Basiliks (i belive they're fixed with the density change, they have a good jackpoint rare item and trash item and are decent strong.), Gahaz, Increase drop to 1,9k and desinty, Cadrys and Bashins increase trash to 1,500k.

Valencia Part 2

Prision and Sulfur are good, BUT they're require a high DP and AP. Prision has too much Damage and Sulfur have too much Defense. But is the part 2, it's good. And they're itens can be 2,5~3k to move the strong players from the part 1 to part 2. o__O

And the dungeons.. The dungeons are good. 

They just need to make a logical and reasonable progression from Sausans -> Pirates -> Valencia part 1 -> Valencia part 2 -> Aakma -> Hystria. 

But.. Peral Abyss failed to make the progression. o__o

=D

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Completely agree with above ^

Valencia mobs are not worth the effort compared to sausans/pirates. Sausans is more silver/h than anywhere else and pirates is more exp than anywhere else while also having really good and consistent silver/h.

Then on top of those 2 reasons, most of the valencia zones bring tryhard mechanics like desert debuffs,  you can't go afk to take a shit for 5 minutes without fear of death, no map/minimap/autopath, far away from towns, and you have to use a slow as shit camel while your shiny t7/t8 horse with maxed skills is left to rot in the stable, it's just horrible and annoying. Oh and also if you kill someone you get a debuff that allows everyone to attack you while you can't fight back unless you toggle again and spend more karma... And if you die you need to do a stupid escape from jail minigame and travel back to where you were grinding... It's just retarded. The people killed by PKers should be sent to jail as well. Only reasons to go to valencia is because sausans/pirates is crowded as hell or you want specific drops like crescent rings or basiliks belts (and basilisks is actually decent because it's not in the desert and it's close to Altinova). Even then you're better off grinding silver at sausans and just buying those items from the market, will save you lots of time. But someone has to grind them... They need to fix the broken pk system being exploited by karma griefers and make valencian mobs income higher than sausans,

Edited by Kazx
2 people like this

Posted

The population is growing? Didn't know that.

Just to note, I (that person in the OP) didn't return to this game because I got over P2W, and didn't quit because of it. I went inactive before all that happened in the first place and started playing Overwatch. The reason I quit in the first place was because I was sick of this game's massively unforgiving RNG [.......]

Just a quick note to say I found your perspective interesting on how things went / are going. Welcome back, even if just for a while. :)

I'm not sure the population is growing. Some say the sky is falling and the game is being deliberately tanked for a cash out. We can all only guess based on what we see which heavily depends on where in the world we play and what we do. From my perspective, I don't really see it growing or shrinking, at least not quickly enough that I've noticed.

Posted

Yes! Valencia is still crap! pls don't go there so I  can continue to free farm at my spot and never have to worry about the crap people deal with regularly at Pirates.

I finally went out to Valencia for a GQuest over the weekend. Got quite a few scrolls and crystals with no node investment. Finally connected the nodes and started investing it this morning. Hopefully it only gets better!

Posted

2016-09-26_22602626.thumb.JPG.d3640595ec

So is that from trash drops or selling items from them to other players?

Posted (edited)

The screenshot showing #2 in wealth is absolutely worthless. Those who post such things clearly don't understand the game and anyone who does understand laughs at them. Most players have invested ridiculous amounts of money into their gear and resources. Those are the screenshots that actually say something. 

I'm not sure the population is growing. Some say the sky is falling and the game is being deliberately tanked for a cash out. We can all only guess based on what we see which heavily depends on where in the world we play and what we do. From my perspective, I don't really see it growing or shrinking, at least not quickly enough that I've noticed.

Players keep exaggerating. The population will be fine for quite some time. What's changed for BDO is the player base who value an equal and fair game have left. They are a small group sadly. Some still stay but refuse to spend anymore money so you won't necessarily see an immediate effect in game. The game also has a worse reputation and less free publicity now. All of these things will affect BDO in the long term. In the short term, all the players who bury their heads in the sand feel justified in their claims because they only see what's on the surface of the community. BDO is sick and that takes time to fester and become noticeable.

Edited by Ginrei
2 people like this

Posted

Prision and Sulfur are good, BUT they're require a high DP and AP. Prision has too much Damage and Sulfur have too much Defense. But is the part 2, it's good. And they're itens can be 2,5~3k to move the strong players from the part 1 to part 2. o__O

i have only 177 AP and i can melt the sulfur mobs which have much less hp than the mobs in prison, the key to valencia part 2 is accuracy imo, lone bhegs + kzarka are just not enough

the prison have villa right next to it so resupply is not an issue and i drink only 40 hp pots there per hour anyway, the only thing prison lacks is a node(currently bugged) so i have only all mobs S waiting for the patch to dump some energy there, hope for tomorrow :P

Posted

The screenshot showing #2 in wealth is absolutely worthless. Those who post such things clearly don't understand the game and anyone who does understand laughs at them. Most players have invested ridiculous amounts of money into their gear and resources. Those are the screenshots that actually say something. 

Players keep exaggerating. The population will be fine for quite some time. What's changed for BDO is the player base who value an equal and fair game have left. They are a small group sadly. Some still stay but refuse to spend anymore money so you won't necessarily see an immediate effect in game. The game also has a worse reputation and less free publicity now. All of these things will affect BDO in the long term. In the short term, all the players who bury their heads in the sand feel justified in their claims because they only see what's on the surface of the community. BDO is sick and that takes time to fester and become noticeable.

I don't care about their wealth vs others. I just want to know whether that 10+ mil an hour spot comes from mob trash drops or what. People tend to greatly exaggerate how much they make an hour at spots. 

Posted

just selling all my drops i get. i dont keep anytbing. also trash loot too . 

pretty much this. youre right about the gear echantment part . i really only posted to show people that you can make a lot of money on mediah. been there for about 3 weeks now  and started with 2 million. and i really havent enchated or ever will. I buy my gear already done . is much cheaper . and yes i only  run with some tri pieces and duo . 

1 person likes this

Posted

Word outside the game is that there is a ton of botting going on....................

Posted

Three words: Bad game design.

well I mean we ARE playing a game made by Koreans who are only able to make the same type of genre game over and over... not a lot of breathing room.

Posted

Maybe the real fix to this is to start reducing the value of drops when the kill is made by characters who outlevel the content, so they have a reason to not stay in content that is well below their abilities.

I don't think penalizing players is a good thing, rather the other areas should be buffed to be in line with their difficulty.  Valencia grinding should make at least the same as sausans but right now its not even close.

Posted

Private servers are still better the official ones. The population is perfect because they can add or remove channels. Plus, all most everything can be edited. I.e. drop rates, silver rates, and nearly all RNG garbage. 

Until they are shutdown and you are left with nothing.

Posted

At this rate, the game may die sometime in the next twenty years.

Word outside the game is that there is a ton of botting going on....................

When I want to know what's going on in a game, I generally ask the people who are playing it instead of the ones who aren't. Crazy idea, I know.

2 people like this

Posted

At this rate, the game may die sometime in the next twenty years.

True, it depends on your perspective. It's already dead for those looking to enjoy an equal and fair PvP experience.

Posted

Im almost lvl 60 tamer with 217 ap and ive tested all grinding spot. Pirates is the best place to grind imo. Sausans exp sucks but the money is good (more or less like pirates money) once i get my awakening i may move to jail bc the exp is better there but the money its so so

Posted

True, it depends on your perspective. It's already dead for those looking to enjoy an equal and fair PvP experience.

I'm pretty sure that if the ability to buy advantages really upset you as much as you've been claiming for the last month, you wouldn't have bought the game in the first place because it had the ability to do that from day 1.

"Equal and fair" does not mean "I don't want to buy any more advantages than the ones I've already paid for".

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, I didn't mean to resurrect the fair society thing here. Can we take that back to other thread? Oh wait, that one was closed and locked because it was going nowhere. ¬¬

Posted (edited)

"Equal and fair" does not mean "I don't want to buy any more advantages than the ones I've already paid for".

Also I think it's broken I've paid a lot and still haven't won yet, do I submit a bug report or what

Edited by lolfail

Posted

I'm pretty sure that if the ability to buy advantages really upset you as much as you've been claiming for the last month, you wouldn't have bought the game in the first place because it had the ability to do that from day 1.

Also I think it's broken I've paid a lot and still haven't won yet, do I submit a bug report or what

Nice try. The box price and few advantages that you could buy at the beginning all had a very real CAP. The cost of which was very reasonable when you plan to play the game for years. Especially among statements that P2W was to be avoided. This all changed the moment pearl shop items could be sold on the market. Which meant no more cap. 

You guys just continue to pretend the game is the same as it's always been. At least i'm not blind and see how Black Desert has changed for the worse. What else do you two have to throw at me?

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice try. The box price and few advantages that you could buy at the beginning all had a very real CAP. The cost of which was very reasonable when you plan to play the game for years. Especially among statements that P2W was to be avoided. This all changed the moment pearl shop items could be sold on the market. Which meant no more cap. 

You guys just continue to pretend the game is the same as it's always been. At least i'm not blind and see how Black Desert has changed for the worse. What else do you two have to throw at me?

I'd be too afraid of damaging the exquisite layer of salt you've coated yourself with to throw anything at you. I'm just going to continue to enjoy the game and poke fun at the sky-is-falling crowd when it tickles my fancy. 

Posted

Buff Valencia mob trash drop prices!!!

I make 40mil an hr at pirates and barely make 10 in the same in Valencia. Sure, it's great for xp but the money is terrible. 

Posted

I'd be too afraid of damaging the exquisite layer of salt you've coated yourself with to throw anything at you. I'm just going to continue to enjoy the game and poke fun at the sky-is-falling crowd when it tickles my fancy. 

So you got nothing but your last resort of personal insult. Any with half a brain can tell this game has more P2W element.

Like I failed to TRI equipment and cost me 180 memories to bring it back up, if I have spent 30 dollars, I would only need to use 60 memories and save myself nearly 100 millions of silver to upgrade further.

Ahh yes, that's not Pay 2 Win, that's just 30 dollars for days after days of grinding to earn silver. In other games, it is called PAY TO WIN.

1 person likes this