• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are all these lower level spots packed with level 59s?

154 posts in this topic

Posted

Nice try. The box price and few advantages that you could buy at the beginning all had a very real CAP

Perhaps I wasn't clear. When I said:

"Equal and fair" does not mean "I don't want to buy any more advantages than the ones I've already paid for".

what I meant was:

"Equal and fair" does not mean "I don't want to buy any more advantages than the ones I've already paid for".

Posted

Buff Valencia mob trash drop prices!!!

I make 40mil an hr at pirates and barely make 10 in the same in Valencia. Sure, it's great for xp but the money is terrible. 

40mil an hr? R u using atomic bombs to nuke the whole island?? 

Posted (edited)

just selling all my drops i get. i dont keep anytbing. also trash loot too . 

pretty much this. youre right about the gear echantment part . i really only posted to show people that you can make a lot of money on mediah. been there for about 3 weeks now  and started with 2 million. and i really havent enchated or ever will. I buy my gear already done . is much cheaper . and yes i only  run with some tri pieces and duo . 

I have a couple ideas where you farm, then.

40 mil an hr? R u using atomic bombs to nuke the whole island??

No, he's straight up lying. Unless he has the highest luck of them all, there's no way. He'd have to get 6-8 red coral earrings an hour to do that, and that's hax level rng luck. 

Edited by Xenon

Posted

Dont listen. Its a cool thing for bdo players to over exaggerate the amount of silver they gain per hour.

4 people like this

Posted

I dont know why people say its not worth the xp.i grinded extensively.maybe its cause of my class((Witch)).but i get FAR FAR more xp grinding in desert than in sausans.sausans maybe they lvl 59 with bad gear.cause if your gear is decent youll get more in valencia.gotta love fogans.And theres alot of other spots too.bashims are easier and plentiful,cadry spot is small but it has a ton of mobs,theres sulfur for the good geared and nagas for lower geared.I mostly fogans and crescent when i wanna try for rings.Fogans better xp tho for the sheer amount of mobs there

^ this xD

at lvl 59 II get 2% in hour at pirates and around 8mil~

At cresents I make 1.3% hour and 4-5 mil

Posted

Buff Valencia mob trash drop prices!!!

I make 40mil an hr at pirates and barely make 10 in the same in Valencia. Sure, it's great for xp but the money is terrible. 

Lmao . wow. nice troll

Posted (edited)

Nah I'm just a lvl 58 ranger with 195 AP and a lvl 10 nod - This is including bandanas, trade coins & general silver consolidated. I take the Trade items all the way to Sandgrain Bazaar so get a fair lot of money from them.

Lmao . wow. nice troll

I don't troll. Trolling is a pathetic social interaction and that people assume others are "trolling" because they disagree with them goes to show the state of our "society"

Edited by haybreee

Posted

Buff valencia and mediah loot

i make 70mil per hour at mansha forest

Posted

at lvl 59 II get 2% in hour at pirates and around 8mil~

2% with shitload of buffs + weekend i guess. Plz don't count in your 10x exp buffs when counting xp/h for spots... it's like me saying im getting around 40kk per 5min at cresents because i went there and dropped ring in 5min.

1 person likes this

Posted

Buff valencia and mediah loot

i make 70mil per hour at mansha forest

Pleb. I make 80 billion every minute at Steel Imps.

Posted (edited)

People grinding at Sausans at level 56+ are wasting their time. The XP recieved in a group is not worth it, not to mention the constant karma bombers and high geared players who are already wasting their time there. The money is good yes, but a guild mate made 80mil in 3 days and went from level 56 to level 57. Meanwhile I was in valencia Duo grinding at Fogans, not including the pila scrolls, in terms of raw silver, I made about 500k (pretty crap money for 3 days work? Well, I'm a ranger and was buying several thousand pots over the 3 day period). I went from 57 to 58. In the same time my guildie went from 56 to 57 at Sausans.

At high levels, if you're farming for money you're wasting your time. There are MUCH better methods for money making. I'm talking 2-300mil in 3 days work if you're consistant.

If you're grinding at fogans, like I did, a tip is to get negative karma to access the bandit town. This will mean you can repair and repot and be back into the action much faster. 

Edited by Multarix

Posted

I farm in Valencia at lvl 56. Like no one past level 56/57 should still be at Sausans but plenty are since they're all afraid of the desert.

Untitled.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

they're all afraid of the desert.

xD Belive me they are on mediah spots not because they are "afraid of the desert" xD

Posted

xD Belive me they are on mediah spots not because they are "afraid of the desert" xD

Oh right, they're just noobs. Whoops!

Posted

And obviously I can't just go grind in Valencia myself. I'm not level 59. Someone tell me why this obsession exists with lower level content?

Um what makes you think you have to be level 59 to go to Valencia?

I have been grinding at Crescent shrine since 55.

Seriously it's not as hard as it seems. 

Posted

Oh right, they're just noobs. Whoops!

You average more silver/h at sausans/pirates than the desert especially at lvl 56.

You're the noob for wasting your time .

Posted

The amount of people saying sausans is better money-wise just proves that Valencia just simply isnt good enough, thats all there is to it.

Posted

So you got nothing but your last resort of personal insult. Any with half a brain can tell this game has more P2W element.

Like I failed to TRI equipment and cost me 180 memories to bring it back up, if I have spent 30 dollars, I would only need to use 60 memories and save myself nearly 100 millions of silver to upgrade further.

Ahh yes, that's not Pay 2 Win, that's just 30 dollars for days after days of grinding to earn silver. In other games, it is called PAY TO WIN.

Don't be dense. I had this discussion with ol' Ginny in another thread, and see little point in repeating myself.

This game is Grind2Win/Time2Win and Luck2Win above all else, so you're going to have to forgive me for not shedding a tear over all the 'omg someone can pay money to get something' whining. Come talk to me once the game actually has anything resembling a level playing field and maybe then I'll start caring about someone having 100m more silver to sacrifice to the RNG (and probably still have nothing to show for it).

Posted

If you're grinding at fogans, like I did, a tip is to get negative karma to access the bandit town. This will mean you can repair and repot and be back into the action much faster. 

lol or you could just use Atosa Villa

Posted

I imagine sausans and pirate island are close to the top of the nerf list, in order to help spread around the player base. But then it will only be a matter of time until someone whips out a spreadsheet and we start all over lol.

Posted

No no desert is great pirates are crap please go to the desert. Spread the word pirates is not worth it please go to the desert many drops and pots are cheap and you can dig as well.

Posted (edited)

I'd be too afraid of damaging the exquisite layer of salt you've coated yourself with to throw anything at you. I'm just going to continue to enjoy the game and poke fun at the sky-is-falling crowd when it tickles my fancy. 

You're scared and would rather hide behind your delusions and exaggerations... understood.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. When I said:

what I meant was:

Perhaps i was foolish when i thought you understood the very clear difference between spending 'X' money on a game and spending 'X + Infinity' to support it or buy power. Do you really think the issue is me not wanting to spend more instead of you pretending they are the same thing and nothing has changed in BDO?

This game is Grind2Win/Time2Win and Luck2Win above all else, so you're going to have to forgive me for not shedding a tear over all the 'omg someone can pay money to get something' whining. Come talk to me once the game actually has anything resembling a level playing field and maybe then I'll start caring about someone having 100m more silver to sacrifice to the RNG (and probably still have nothing to show for it).

This argument keeps on making me laugh. You are saying P2W is ok because i hate RNG and grinding in a progression based MMORPG. Your personal feelings about a genre or FAIR game mechanic for everyone are irrelevant. Stick to the facts and not your bias.

How many times does that P2W silver being sacrificed to RNG have to succeed before it's unfair or wrong? You use the low odds as some sort of excuse but the fact is players paying to win can repair their boss armor 3+ times faster and increase their odds of success. So answer my question. How many times do players have to succeed before it's P2W, unfair, or wrong?

Edited by Ginrei

Posted

Perhaps i was foolish when i thought you understood the very clear difference between spending 'X' money on a game and spending 'X + Infinity' to support it or buy power. Do you really think the issue is me not wanting to spend more instead of you pretending they are the same thing and nothing has changed in BDO?

OR perhaps you were foolish to whine about the loss of that "equal and fair" PvP experience you never wanted in the first place.

Posted (edited)

You're scared and would rather hide behind your delusions and exaggerations... understood.

That's cute. Do you not remember quitting the last discussion we had? You bailed, not me, and you did it in the saltiest way possible, with something along the lines of 'no I'm right and I'm not reading any more'.

Hypocritical much?

This argument keeps on making me laugh. You are saying P2W is ok because i hate RNG and grinding in a progression based MMORPG. Your personal feelings about a genre or FAIR game mechanic for everyone are irrelevant. Stick to the facts and not your bias.

Same to you. You are imposing your own specific code and rules onto the game and treating it as a given, a sacred foundation to support all the rest of your arguments.

It's not. The fact is that there is absolutely nothing inherently better about time/grind/luck based imbalance than there is about pay based imbalance; any combination of those can be okay, great, or terrible, and none of them represent a controlled level playing field.

You say it's fair for RNG to give certain people an edge because they all have the same percentage chance to begin with. You say it's fair that people with more time to grind for better gear get ahead of people with greater reflexes or skill, because everyone technically has 24 hours in a day and it isn't the game's fault if it isn't practical for them to use as many of those for grinding.

Then you scream and cry about the cash shop being unfair, even though prices are the same for everyone and it has the same limits for everyone and it's certainly not the game's fault if it isn't practical for you to put as much money in as the next guy.

So I say you are a biased hypocrite and you further prove that almost every time you post, especially as you sit here accusing other people of bias.

As I said before, if I had my way there would be no cash shop (Or cosmetic only) and we'd be playing a much more heavily skill based game with greatly reduced focus on gear, level, and grind. But this isn't that game, and unlike you I'm not going to sit and whine about how it's not conforming to my own specific vision of How Things Should Be.

So answer my question. How many times do players have to succeed before it's P2W, unfair, or wrong?

1) undefined, since winning is undefined and other variables make it impossible to establish a direct link.

2) none. It is inherently unfair, just like every other aspect of progression in this game. Even if you fail it is unfair to have had the additional chance, but no more unfair than time2win offering additional chances or RNG success that beats the odds. It is open to all people on the exact same terms just like those systems, and so should be judged by the same standards. 

3) infinite. There is nothing inherently wrong with it that isn't already wrong with time2win and rng. If we were talking about different cash shop offerings we might see something that IS worse than those other means of progression, but as of right now we don't, and I'm not here to discuss overarching hypothetical p2w theory.

Now kindly stop trolling.

Edited by lolfail
2 people like this

Posted

Because Daum made Valencia mobs....

Peral Abyss made....