• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are all these lower level spots packed with level 59s?

154 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Valencia's money is trash compared to Sausans or Pirates. Another problem is literally having to learn directions to each spot in the desert since you can't just mark it on the map.  You also don't have places nearby to buy pots or get repairs when grinding spots in the desert. Another problem with the desert is the high cost to pvp there with the chance of going to prison even with positive karma. 

But Sausans is also aids. The two weeks before Sorc awakening, I tried to get 20% to get to 56 on my alt sorc. In those two weeks, I ended up having to pvp every 10 minutes over spots, which resulted in me going negative at least once a day when groups of 3+ would just try to take it from me. A lot of these times it ended up being full on guild wars because of it which then caused me to switch my main char. Needless to say, I got it to 55.98 before I just f it. Needless to say I had the same exact problem on my Maehwa going from 56 to 57 which has resulted me to not even grind anything but Ogres lately for money since I technically make more in a 4 hr period there with Ogre Ring drops and Mansha loot than doing Sausans. I might only have to ward off one person an hour while I'm at Ogres, but that might not even happen if they see my char name. Fogans might have better density, but I cant carry 200 large HP pots and 500 Herbal Juice all the time to do them. I also don't want to have to go all the way to Valencia City to either buy those items or bring them there so I can use my maids to grab extras to grind. Not being able to repair also doesn't help.

Edited by TeRRoRibleOne

Posted

I smell an incoming Sausan nerf! Thanks A$$HATS!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please demonstrate. Surely if this is a major issue you have at least one verifiable, concrete example of someone who 'won' BDO strictly by paying (and not by luck or grinding).

This is without any silver grinded that doesn't come in through the AH

h/dd/wh/w10wsilvervp AHa memcostume

Let's say u make 2m from the full drops u grind and the workshops u have selling on AH, wich is easily done imho.

So this is why ppl say VP was somewhat ok, selling costumes bad and artisan memory pure hard P2W

And it's the hardcore player that spends the monney that actually drifts ahead

Artisan memory triples the value of silver invested in mem frags = the bottleneck in gear enhancement.

Foodchain by end of 2016

hardcore + conv = godmode

Semi hard + conv = pretty damn strong = mostly pvp'ers

Casual + conv  = pretty much gankers

hardcore player = most left imho

semi hardcore = me if I didn't quit already

casual idiot pve'er that calls us toxic.and gets ganked

This is just 10 weeks aka two 'small' months.

What in 5 months or even 1 year... 

That's why I quitted now and not in a few months.

And the 'convenience' u cling to isn't even done to accumulate 

Rikkie approves - 2016

I came to BDO cause I wanted semi hardcore competitive pvp

The bold red is the P2W antics that would never happen on EU/NA

Edit

Ppl that think it's a catch up mechanisme, I rly lol bout that.

Cause it's actually the opposite of that.

Maybe u are openminded enough to see the huge snowball effect over time: P2W DoT :P

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

This is without any silver grinded that doesn't come in through the AH

h/dd/wh/w10wsilvervp AHa memcostume

Not sure I get exactly what you are showing in this chart, but it does not show what I requested which was a verifiable concrete example of a person who is winning as a direct result of paying. 

And again, if the argument is being made that money should not contribute to advancement, that makes me wonder why you don't consider excessive free grinding time too unfair, or excessively good luck.

Posted (edited)

Not sure I get exactly what you are showing in this chart, but it does not show what I requested which was a verifiable concrete example of a person who is winning as a direct result of paying. 

And again, if the argument is being made that money should not contribute to advancement, that makes me wonder why you don't consider excessive free grinding time too unfair, or excessively good luck.

You just see things how u want m8, I have no issue with that.

Imho the extra silver u get from 'convenience' buys u a fast lane to hit ur spot in the variance of RNG.

I didn't even mention the amount of silver u generate with art memory from pure free grind.

I didn't want to blow ur mind :P

Edited by Hyppocritten
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The only difference is in amount paid. Once the amount paid to gain an advantage ceased to be a relatively low number, you moved the goalposts and began making half-assed comparisons to sports to try to demonize the entire concept.

Please explain to us how you see current cash shop advantages as 'shortening the track' of a race and thus ruining the game, but at launch things like pets that provide a measurable and constant advantage did not count as same and people upset about it were wrong to be upset. 

Those were 3 pets at tier 3 max. How many and tier is that now?

Also kill rate went way up now, early days I can see ppl not rly understanding how important they were long run.

It's the cummulation of convenience and how much more bold they become since july.

Think this is the first update without one?

And all these events for ppl to catch up... topkek!

You dont see the flaw in that logic of ppl?

Same foodchain in profit / gear / power cause the silver of those drops come out AH.

Nobody is catching up, au contraire... .

Edited by Hyppocritten
2 people like this

Posted

Anyway, back on topic, it would be nice if they fixed Valencia so it was worth all the fanfare.

If anything is going to kill this game, it's lack of content.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you know someone that is actually doing this, or did you just read about it and assume it's happening?

My guild member asked me after I used 180 memories to repair my Bheg's Glove "Don't you use Artisan's Memories?" Because that is only 60 memories and over 100m+ silver saved.

Do you use your brain to ask that question?

Every games, not just this one where people use REAL MONEY to gain and saved hundreds of millions of ingame money to use it elsewhere.

Do I have to know someone in this game to know it will/will not happen?

If you know how a chicken run around, do you know how others like duck and other 2 legs familiar to chicken run around? Typical brainless, lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

My guild member asked me after I used 180 memories to repair my Bheg's Glove "Don't you use Artisan's Memories?" Because that is only 60 memories and over 100m+ silver saved.

Do you use your brain to ask that question?

Every games, not just this one where people use REAL MONEY to gain and saved hundreds of millions of ingame money to use it elsewhere.

Do I have to know someone in this game to know it will/will not happen?

If you know how a chicken run around, do you know how others like duck and other 2 legs familiar to chicken run around? Typical brainless, lol.

Speaking of chickens, do you know the story of Chicken Little (AKA Henny Penny)?

Posted

Like said before XP and cash is shit in Valencia. Going for repair or vendor is atleast 20 min downtime and No matter where I go in Valencia the density of mobs is also shit. 

not true as far as density in short nice rotations you just have to know where to look. Cash wise yea, its not consistent but I have days in valenica where I get nothing but discos since there's barely any items in the drop table, as many as 6 in an hour or so + the cash from vendor trash so roughly 8 mil +  chance at getting acc. I mean I went to crescents for the daily exp buff the other day and in the first minute I got a soiled drop which gave me a ring. 36ish mil and cash from scrolls/vendor trash for an hour of grinding

So it has its pluses(nodes lvls 7+,+ 5 luck etc)

Posted

not true as far as density in short nice rotations you just have to know where to look. Cash wise yea, its not consistent but I have days in valenica where I get nothing but discos since there's barely any items in the drop table, as many as 6 in an hour or so + the cash from vendor trash so roughly 8 mil +  chance at getting acc. I mean I went to crescents for the daily exp buff the other day and in the first minute I got a soiled drop which gave me a ring. 36ish mil and cash from scrolls/vendor trash for an hour of grinding

So it has its pluses(nodes lvls 7+,+ 5 luck etc)

Money wise that is still sub-par to Sausans tho. The reason for sausans being so great is that all the mobs are neatly stacked together, theyre like units. Of course that wields a huge amount of turn in items and also drops simply because you just kill so many, sure Fogans has 2-3 spots as well with mobs packed together, but theyre still not in formation and walk around. Which needs you to lure them together sometimes or use multiple skills. Its also the reason why the only place where I have to use my horse for stacking drops is Sausans.

Sausans is simply just go over, do 1-2skills, a 3rd if the group was very big like in the main rotation, done, move on to the next group. Obv theres no lucky crescent ring drops, but that is all chance regardless while Sausans is a steady income.

Ive tried Bashims, Fogans, Crescent, and beside Bashims all of those require a longer way to repair unless you wanna spend 5 mill on a villa. Its just simply not feasable, also im starting to think that those ppl who say Valencia is better just simply never went Sausan main spot as Duo/Trio/Solo.

Regardless of that, the consensus is not that Valencia is better, you have too many ppl say Sausans is better which is a clear enough sign that valencia mobs do indeed need a buff for either Exp or Drops.

Posted

Valencia is the best guys please stay there :)

Posted

They are there because there is no diminishing returns based on level.

If they diminished the items you turn in for silver ie 100insertitem for 100,000 silver, you'd still be able to gather resources like fur, blood, etc. off of what u kill, but abolish a lot of those 58+ players reasons for doing it, which is mainly to farm those items for silver.

1 person likes this

Posted

A few things need to happen for Valencia to become current content:

1) Increase the amount of silver from Valencia junk items by a factor of x2-x2.5, or at least enough that it somewhat outranks the silver generated from Pirates/Sausans. One obvious contributor to this problem is that no Valencia drops have any trade-in NPCs. Adding a secondary, uncommon junk item that has the turn-in rate similar to Pirate Bandanas would only further help alleviate this problem.

2) Denser mob groups. Valencia is horrid in terms of mob placement. Only a handful of spots are viable to farm compared to the multitude of spots available in total among the Mediah spots. There's been some work in adding more mobs to areas such as Basilisk's Lair and Gahaz in KR, however we've yet to receive those updates.

3) Experience needs to be slightly increased, with the clustering of mobs, this would sort of alleviate the issue, however the current problem is that 1 Desert Fogan = 0.001% EXP at lv 57 for me. 1 Pirate at Kuit Island = 0.001% EXP for me at lv 57 as well. So why would I farm Fogans according to the above reasons?

Lets hope Pearl Abyss manages to do it right once Valencia Part 3 rolls around, I highly doubt it however.

Posted

if you mean suasans cuz its one of the best money spots on the main land  and central to most bosses 

Posted

just talking about silver. Mediah can make way more than pirate if u know the spots ;) 

And if u do pirates right it is 10m+ with average and most likely 12+as awakened with good gear. 

Anyway going sausan or pirates below 57is stupid, Sry folks . 

Manes and Elric are both sufficient xp and better money for scrubs without annoying endgame people farming. 

Nobody needs sausan and pirates have spots free a lot of the time that are well enough for 57-58. Also best way to level aall with coins. 

Valencia is not bad though but less money, good option for xp weekends . 

Posted

And if u do pirates right it is 10m+ with average and most likely 12+as awakened with good gear. 

Anyway going sausan or pirates below 57is stupid, Sry folks . 

Manes and Elric are both sufficient xp and better money for scrubs without annoying endgame people farming. 

Nobody needs sausan and pirates have spots free a lot of the time that are well enough for 57-58. Also best way to level aall with coins. 

Valencia is not bad though but less money, good option for xp weekends . 

Yes youre right stay at pirates its a lot more $$

Posted

Yes youre right stay at pirates its a lot more $$

It's not a lot more but competitive to sausan. If scroll prices stay high u get close even at fogan and 59+crescent could beat all of that if ur the 5%that can farm there with - 1million without a lit of jail time. 

Posted (edited)

If your 10m+ is without selling black stones now i would really like to see how you do it

edit:

Pirates 6m/h+(depending on rare loot and the prices of them on your server) solo

Posted 8 September by you :)

Edited by Matys

Posted

Do these silver/hr or xp/hr rates take into account the time it takes to find a free good spot, fighting against people on spots and actually turning in the trash loot for the silver and or downtime of traveling to get the silver in the end?

Posted

Do these silver/hr or xp/hr rates take into account the time it takes to find a free good spot, fighting against people on spots and actually turning in the trash loot for the silver and or downtime of traveling to get the silver in the end?

Ofc they don't ^>^

Posted (edited)

If your 10m+ is without selling black stones now i would really like to see how you do it

edit:

Posted 8 September by you :)

It was a month ago, i didnt have the connection to harbour to sell coins and it was about below average-average gear. Sausna doesnt make 10m with bad gear but with good gear.

This is me after a 10k bandana session. I always get around 3earrings, some rings and about that amount of overall loot. Sometimes i get more blackstones, sometimes i get less coins. Sometimes i get a red, i had 4reds within those 5-6h too at one run. 3blue is average.

It is, after selling coins (sold for 10m at 100-70%market price in harbour), about 60m of silver, maybe a bit less because rings sell really badly so i pri them all usually^^. I farm 1800bandana per hour so i farmed for 5,5h which makes it 10m/h+.

Awakening+main spot can make more, even hill can make more. This is inlcuding selling blackstones whcih i dont, i wasted 400 of them yesterday to upgrade my buster.

My gear isnt special, liverto and duo jewelry but maybe it isnt average and average gear maybe is closer to 1500bandana/h so it is closer to 9m and if i wasnt selling coins at harbour i would get roughly half of the coins so -5m which would be around 8m/h. 

The 6m/h are for below average gear i guess or with a bad node, i got to that trying only 2h not getting rare drops which made it seem less, and my rotation was worse.

Unbenannt.png

PS: I fished overnight, doing 5h in a row is not what i enjoy currently:D

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

tldr; Why aren't these nearly level 60 players grinding in Valencia? And why do there seem to be MORE people grinding sausans than ever before?

I'm currently a level 56, after recently returning to the game at 55. My first thought was that with Valencia being out, and Sausans having been done to death for so long, it'd be at least a little more deserted by now. To my surprise, Sausans is even MORE crowded now than it was when I was active 2 months or so ago. Back then I could get spots, and I'd even just pop into Sausans at random sometimes with no intent to grind, and the place would be deserted.

Now? I can hop 8 different channels at 3 AM, and every single one of them is taken either by a group of 5, or more likely by 1-3 level 58-59 players that flag on sight, and they might consider asking you to leave if they see you twice. Pirates seems to be better, but not by much. No flagging, but no openings. I went there after giving up on Sausans, only to find most of the island loaded. I tried this way out of the way back area, and bumped into someone I remember being one of the strongest rangers I'd seen before quitting. Level 59 of course.

Basically though, what about Valencia? Why does it seem like everyone is literally partying at Sausans (and make no mistake, I have seen at least one pseudo party at Sausans...), and crowding pirates? Didn't the population of this game go down semi drastically, and shouldn't these high levels have stepped up a tier? It makes no sense, and I really can't do anything. I don't have the money, gear, or levels to compete with these people. The only way I can grind is if I get lucky and find a spot in the back (because finding a front spot just means I'm waiting for level 59s to come flag and tell me to leave), or find the occasional open group.

And obviously I can't just go grind in Valencia myself. I'm not level 59. Someone tell me why this obsession exists with lower level content?

Honestly, I think it's gear and the lack of awakenings. There aren't that many 58's/59's to begin with, I feel like most people are currently around 54 but a lot of the level 58's and higher actually don't have the gear one would hope they would have. It's not super difficult to +15 a full grunil set and your weapons, but getting the best accessories and getting them past pri is MUCH more difficult. And Valencia mobs hit hard. Awakening weapons would defiantly make this less of a factor, but right now it means that level 58+ characters cannot efficiently grind Valencia alone, or in groups. They have to make more frequent trips to repair, grab more potions, and they kill less mobs in the amount of time that they could at sausins in half the time, thus earning less gold and items. As for why they are flagging, well there are two places in the game for them to grind effectively and they are having to compete with every other player for those spots. It makes sense that if they can kill you, they will. Just give it time, once more awakenings have come out more players will be able to fight Valencia mobs, and they will start branching out more. When they can kill those mobs as efficiently as they can kill sausins, they will find that they do drop more silver. It's just that right now, they can't.

Posted

im fed up with pirates and i pretty mutch ignore sausans to mutch pvp there i only grind in valencia now with the daily login bonuses and exp buffs i get around 3-4%/h at crescent shrine at nighttime other spots i grind is desert fogans and sulfur mines 

class maehwa gear 172ap/244 dp the mony is less but if u get a rare drop its worth it had several rings and necks drop at crescent and sulfur mines i cant complain and also im 95% solo there no pvp no stress all chill 

ps. i dont grind for mony just for exp 

1 person likes this