• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Player Looking to "Min/Max" - Anything I Should Know?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone!

I recently just purchased BDO again after I forgot my main login. I originally bought the game the first day it came out, but eventually fell out of it after about a month. While playing I was always looking into "maximizing" my account's efficiency and I was wondering if anyone has some beginner advice to help me out?

Some of the advice I received:

• Energy Alts - Make a server full of alts before playing to ensure you take advantage of shared Energy.
  • Resetting Knowledge - Place an alt in the Calpheon Library so that you can reset Knowledge as often as you'd like to farm for S's.
  • ? NPCs - Talk to them all to maximize Energy.
  • Black Dragon Constellation - Helps with getting Yuria weapons from Ronatz quicker due to the increased Amity.
  • Strength, Stamina, and Health - Max these ASAP.

I have already invested $10 on top of my base purchase as well to buy a pet for the auto looting.

Is there anything else that I should know going into the game to basically "min/max" my account?

Thanks so much for the help! :D

Posted

Abandon hope all ye who enter BDO... Min/maxing cannot save you from the RNGods.

1 person likes this

Posted

• Black Dragon Constellation - Helps with getting Yuria weapons from Ronatz quicker due to the increased Amity

its better ti get goblin Constellation for grunil since everyone got liverto

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello everyone!

I recently just purchased BDO again after I forgot my main login. I originally bought the game the first day it came out, but eventually fell out of it after about a month. While playing I was always looking into "maximizing" my account's efficiency and I was wondering if anyone has some beginner advice to help me out?

Some of the advice I received:

• Energy Alts - Make a server full of alts before playing to ensure you take advantage of shared Energy.
  • Resetting Knowledge - Place an alt in the Calpheon Library so that you can reset Knowledge as often as you'd like to farm for S's.
  • ? NPCs - Talk to them all to maximize Energy.
  • Black Dragon Constellation - Helps with getting Yuria weapons from Ronatz quicker due to the increased Amity.
  • Strength, Stamina, and Health - Max these ASAP.

I have already invested $10 on top of my base purchase as well to buy a pet for the auto looting.

Is there anything else that I should know going into the game to basically "min/max" my account?

Thanks so much for the help! :D

These things are old, if you are new its not worth to create multi classes, in order to use their energy

Energy Alts: Cooking / Alchemy / Produce doesn't cost energy anymore, energy is only needed for gathering and NightVender

Resetting Knowledge is only good if you have enhough Contribution Points to invest in node's (in order to get better and more loot)

NPC, yes you max out your Energy by getting knowlegde, talk to NPC's, explore areas, get monster knowlegde

Black Dragon, if you want to do it yourself ok but even without that NPC, it is very easy to get yuria weapons also if you have silver you can buy better weapons from the market which can save you some frustation / resources

Strength Stamina and Health, yes is nice but Stamina is the most important, walk and run a lot will increase your stamina, you don't have to max them as soon as possible, you can say that you don't use horses to max stamina or do afk autoloops in city's

1 person likes this

Posted

You cant really min/max in BDO because lots of hidden mechanics.

- energy alts yes ofc, they are very usable

- resetting knowledge, not worth based on my experience. I did lots of resseting and never acquired S knowledge on anything so I dont do it anymore, better spend the energy on night vendor 

- its pretty easy to talk to every NPC so yes, however the max energy pool is not so important anymore because of regen energy nerf while offline (I have 256 energy and dont need more)

- dont bother with black dragon for yuria, take the grunil one (forgot which one it is)

- health, stamina is very important but dont bother with strength. There are more important AFK gameplay like fishing

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the help everyone! Keep the advice coming! I really appreciate it.

These things are old, if you are new its not worth to create multi classes, in order to use their energy

Energy Alts: Cooking / Alchemy / Produce doesn't cost energy anymore, energy is only needed for gathering and NightVender

Resetting Knowledge is only good if you have enhough Contribution Points to invest in node's (in order to get better and more loot)

NPC, yes you max out your Energy by getting knowlegde, talk to NPC's, explore areas, get monster knowlegde

Black Dragon, if you want to do it yourself ok but even without that NPC, it is very easy to get yuria weapons also if you have silver you can buy better weapons from the market which can save you some frustation / resources

Strength Stamina and Health, yes is nice but Stamina is the most important, walk and run a lot will increase your stamina, you don't have to max them as soon as possible, you can say that you don't use horses to max stamina or do afk autoloops in city's

I'm happy you told me about the Energy changes. I still thought everything counted on it!

Is there any particular reason why resetting Knowledge isn't good unless I have nodes? Don't you still get the "less damage received" and "more damage done" buffs to mobs you have high Knowledge of?

You cant really min/max in BDO because lots of hidden mechanics.

- energy alts yes ofc, they are very usable

- resetting knowledge, not worth based on my experience. I did lots of resseting and never acquired S knowledge on anything so I dont do it anymore, better spend the energy on night vendor 

- its pretty easy to talk to every NPC so yes, however the max energy pool is not so important anymore because of regen energy nerf while offline (I have 256 energy and dont need more)

- dont bother with black dragon for yuria, take the grunil one (forgot which one it is)

- health, stamina is very important but dont bother with strength. There are more important AFK gameplay like fishing

Thank you for telling me about Yuria and Grunil.

Is there a particular reason for getting the Constellation for Grunil instead? Are Yuria easy to achieve now?

I just remember them being quite pricey at +15, but then again I was just starting out... lol xD

Posted

Mainly because Yuria is not in demand at all (Liverto is widely available, Rosar is also fairly easily available and is a better 'pre-Liverto' weapon than Yuria).

Grunil is still in demand because it's still one of the best armour sets before boss armour. It's also commonly used (for this reason) to build fail stacks on, for enhancing boss armour / weapons because the +15/PRI/DUO/TRI+ versions can be sold on the marketplace to get back some of the fail-stacking cost.

1 person likes this

Posted

On Weapons: TBH, I wouldn't even bother with a 'pre-Liverto' weapon at this point in the game, Liverto's pop up cheaply enough on the market and there's no question they're better than Yuria's or Rosar's. The downside is you have to use memory frags to restore durability, but we're talking min/maxing here and I think you're much better off investing your early money and blackstones into purchasing and enhancing a Liverto weapon than bothering with a +15 Yuria or Rosar. The Liverto will last you a long time, until when/if you can land a Kzarka (the only weapon better imo). Just use the drop weapons and quest weapons while you're leveling.

On Alts: Less important early in the game, as decibel points out. Useful for energy investment into nodes (initial investment is contribution, but than you invest energy to level the node), night vendor, and putting in specific locations for life skills. 

Constellation: Yeah, go Goblin. Ronatz is an easy amity game, Mevo in Altinova (the vendor who sells Grunil armor) is much more testy

Health/Stamina/Strength: It only takes a few overnights/afk time running around (stamina) and lugging a pack around (strength) to hit level 30. After that it levels much much more slowly, so once they hit 30, I'd advise switching to AFK fishing or horse training (AFK fishing gets the most silver, having faster horses means you get around faster and you can trade the leveled horses to the imperial trader for seals and money when you've gotten something better). As for Health, just eat something every 30 minutes. Blue quality food is fine to lvl 30 (health level), but after that make it yellow or orange, and even at that it's slow to level.

Luck and Drops: Luck, at least for me, has had more effect on drops than node investment or mob grade (not saying you don't do the others, just saying luck has made the most difference from what I've observed). Get 60 titles (very easy to get, many guides out there on how to get the titles) and you get +2 luck, 150 titles (still pretty easy to get) and you get +3 luck, +3 energy, and 3% exp boost. I personally also bought underwear (+1 luck) than throw in a socket crystal and you've got +5 luck. Node investment helps drops as well, but I don't see much difference until I get the node to lvl 7+. Mob grade is a bit of a waste of time imo. If you're going to grind out an ogre ring or a tree belt than maybe it's worth it for specific mobs, but I've gotten an ogre ring, a tree belt, and several marks of shadow and witches earring's without worrying about getting an S grade, so I don't know how much difference it makes for rare drops. Maybe you get more junk items? *shrugs*

1 person likes this