• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Enable Trading? Yes or No?

Enable Trading?   1,214 votes

1. 1. Do you think trading should be enabled?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,122 posts in this topic

Posted

Gold seller gives items at that point and the person just sells those for cash. Outside of guild trading it would have to be an equivalent trade regulated the same way the AH prices are for it to stop Gold sellers.

it´s true yeah... but it won´t kill the ingame economic so much like trading ingame gold... but yeah i like the was it´s going on now and i hope they wouldn´t change a thing there

Posted

What if they made it so traded items cant be sold

That could work to. I just personally don't like items being bound in these games.

Posted (edited)

That could work to. I just personally don't like items being bound in these games.

They could also make it so traded items are sold for much less and only to AI. not real ppl

Edited by Triq

Posted (edited)

CBT has changed nothing.... im pretty sure having english speaking people in a server would change something. It gives people a better perspective of how trading would be like in NA for them. Your first question is stupid ("We have 2 polls, why can't you just bump those") because I already answered that in my post. Lastly i added a third option to the minute after i made a post. 

There's nothing wrong with refreshing a poll. 

I see you have comprehension problems too. CBT has changed nothing with regard to trading, since nothing new was implemented to test and discuss. Therefore, there is no need for yet another poll on the same exact thing, reason I told you you should just have bumped those.

Your answer to that was "Ps i know there are other polls on this topic but i wanted to make a new one for CBT1", hence my answer that CBT one changed nothing, so this is pointless. Also, refrain from calling other people's questions stupid, just because you can't even understand the meaning of what is written.

What if they made it so traded items cant be sold

Actually it could be only item trading too... without cashtrading goldsellers couldn´t do a shit... and everyone could give his friend this or that stuff he needs for crafting or an armor etc...

This is a perfect example of why this is useless. Go read the other threads, this same things came up a million times over already, with detailed analysis of the problems of each. But yes, what I said is definitely stupid. There is no need to read the analysis of tens of people that came before you, as you will just write all that stuff over here again.

God @Noth, I don't know how you can just keep answering over and over to the same things, you're my hero.

Edited by insert_brain

Posted

Well i agree on both terms but i would go more for yes rather then no.

I was a former LOTRO player, not that that matters.

1. Alot of players don't enjoy crafting, and rather like to play the game to kill/grind and buy items instead of putting time in it. ( Sell/trade )

2. How about friends, they enter the game for first time and i always kicked them a good start and traded item drops they rather had or otherwise.

3. Trading is just fun to do, i personally loved giving low levels some stuff to have rather then selling it at a vendor.

PS: i didn't got to play the first beta, will be able to do in the second. And apologies for my language, please do correct me if you see any faults in it im from Belgium.

Posted

I see you have comprehension problems too. CBT has changed nothing with regard to trading, since nothing new was implemented to test and discuss. Therefore, there is no need for yet another poll on the same exact thing, reason I told you you should just have bumped those.

Your answer to that was "Ps i know there are other polls on this topic but i wanted to make a new one for CBT1", hence my answer that CBT one changed nothing, so this is pointless. Also, refrain from calling other people's questions stupid, just because you can't even understand the meaning of what is written.

This is a perfect example of why this is useless. Go read the other threads, this same things came up a million times over already, with detailed analysis of the problems of each. But yes, what I said is definitely stupid. There is no need to read the analysis of tens of people that came before you, as you will just write all that stuff over here again.

God @Noth, I don't know how you can just keep answering over and over to the same things, you're my hero.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.... 

And i know that there are no changes DIRECTLY to trading, but the fact that people are in an english speaking community gives them a different perspective of what trading would look like. And because of this change in perspective I thought the topic needed a refresh because it is a major part of the game. If you disagree then get out of the forum

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

When most of my working life has been spent in some sort of customer service position or a position where I get a lot of the same questions all the time, it has kind of become habit to do such things, it is almost compulsive sometimes and that makes me hate myself for it..

Well i agree on both terms but i would go more for yes rather then no.

I was a former LOTRO player, not that that matters.

1. Alot of players don't enjoy crafting, and rather like to play the game to kill/grind and buy items instead of putting time in it. ( Sell/trade )

2. How about friends, they enter the game for first time and i always kicked them a good start and traded item drops they rather had or otherwise.

3. Trading is just fun to do, i personally loved giving low levels some stuff to have rather then selling it at a vendor.

PS: i didn't got to play the first beta, will be able to do in the second. And apologies for my language, please do correct me if you see any faults in it im from Belgium.

I suggest reading through the previous threads on this as there are fundamental differences in game design between LoTRO and this that effects what effect trade actually has on the game.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/2678-gold-spamming/

Edited by Noth

Posted

And there we have the 'new' people trying to stir things up - awesome, playing a cbt without having knowledge about the game. Nothing personal, no. But please, please, look into the previously made threads about this topic before deciding. @Noth above me has linked them. 

- Jeasy

Posted

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.... 

And i know that there are no changes DIRECTLY to trading, but the fact that people are in an english speaking community gives them a different perspective of what trading would look like. And because of this change in perspective I thought the topic needed a refresh because it is a major part of the game. If you disagree then get out of the forum

O_O because before CBT1 the forum was a Korean community and had a Korean perspective of how trading would look like? I swear I'm reading your words, they structurally form a sentence, yet I can't even phantom their meaning. Anyway, you're free to do as you please.

When most of my working life has been spent in some sort of customer service position or a position where I get a lot of the same questions all the time, it has kind of become habit to do such things, it is almost compulsive sometimes and that makes me hate myself for it..

[...]

There is another that I cannot find that was about Guild restricted trading and the poll for it had the majority supporting such a system

I see. Anyway, here you go:

Posted

O_O because before CBT1 the forum was a Korean community and had a Korean perspective of how trading would look like? I swear I'm reading your words, they structurally form a sentence, yet I can't even phantom their meaning. Anyway, you're free to do as you please.

Ah, thank you!

Posted

Okay thanks for the link !

Sorry didn't tried to stir it up, just said my opinion about it.

I aswel would love to have a trading system with a anti spam combined.

but i guess i will wait until i have played some for discussion it seems :(

Posted

Okay thanks for the link !

Sorry didn't tried to stir it up, just said my opinion about it.

I aswel would love to have a trading system with a anti spam combined.

but i guess i will wait until i have played some for discussion it seems :(

Opinions are fine and welcome, just be willing to take in information from all sides of the subject.

1 person likes this

Posted

i dont get how you cant understand xD before people were playing in russian/korean/japanese servers. There wasn't much, if any interaction between english speaking ppl. I don't know if this affects what people think about trade, but I thought it might. That's why I made a new forum. 

Posted (edited)

i dont get how you cant understand xD before people were playing in russian/korean/japanese servers. There wasn't much, if any interaction between english speaking ppl. I don't know if this affects what people think about trade, but I thought it might. That's why I made a new forum. 

Well we had an Alpha before this and all these things were discussed and absolutely nothing changed on the trading front with the game between the Alpha client and the CBT one, so all the old threads are still valid. 

Edited by Noth

Posted

There were trade in CBT in Korea. Also players shops. Then, and that is an information from the Russian publisher, the Korean publisher asked player to player trade to be removed from the game, and the whole economic system to be changed. The reason, pointed in the answer of the questions from the Russian publisher, why these changes were made, was - some players cheated other players with the promise they will sell them gear for real money. For me that reason is simply strange for such harsh changes in the game. Then there were implemented local auction houses. And in the Korean OBT the localization of prices were removed, with one world auction house. That is the story. I can speculate for the real reasons as some are obvious - selling of cash shop items in the game needs price control to be effective as a way of monetization. But anyway, the system now just does not work, it makes the major part of the game singleplayer, and breaks the links between the PvP and the PvE. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There were trade in CBT in Korea. Also players shops. Then, and that is an information from the Russian publisher, the Korean publisher asked player to player trade to be removed from the game, and the whole economic system to be changed. The reason, pointed in the answer of the questions from the Russian publisher, why these changes were made, was - some players cheated other players with the promise they will sell them gear for real money. For me that reason is simply strange for such harsh changes in the game. Then there were implemented local auction houses. And in the Korean OBT the localization of prices were removed, with one world auction house. That is the story. I can speculate for the real reasons as some are obvious - selling of cash shop items in the game needs price control to be effective as a way of monetization. But anyway, the system now just does not work, it makes the major part of the game singleplayer, and breaks the links between the PvP and the PvE. 

It is not the first time I hear about this, but I never found a source for it. By any chance do you happen to have it and can you share it if you don't mind?

Posted

It is not the first time I hear about this, but I never found a source for it. By any chance do you happen to have it and can you share it if you don't mind?

It is true, but the thing is. It is irrelevant now. That is not the game we are getting and our version will definitely not diverge so far from the KR version

Posted (edited)

It is true, but the thing is. It is irrelevant now. That is not the game we are getting and our version will definitely not diverge so far from the KR version

Indeed, it seems nothing will be fixed. Even in RU, there were polls you know, where the players voted for different things, one of these was the experience curve - the time to get 1-50 levels. Last week there was released a patch that reduced the difficulty of mobs and increased the experience they give.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

NOOOO goldsellers and bots!!!!

Posted

The game hasn't a trade between players, and they won't add it, not matter what.

Why? Gold spammers will kill the chat, the game trade will become really stupid.

Posted

The game hasn't a trade between players, and they won't add it, not matter what.

Why? Gold spammers will kill the chat, the game trade will become really stupid.

last beta would could trade consumables. I think they killed the resell value on consumables to deter it being used as a currency for gold transfer like RU.

1 person likes this

Posted

There must be goldsellers that have ruined in-game economies, but honestly I can't think of any right off the bat.  I've seen them in games and stuff, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention?  Like yeah, things get a little worse, but in games like WoW & GW2 players still have a lot of control over the economy.  Granted, GW2 has a cash-to-gold option so that might be why in their case, and I don't know enough about WoW to know if they have that or not.  But still, are they legitimately that bad or are they more of a "bogeyman" thing?

Posted (edited)

allowing trading = bot/ gold sellers = p2w ...

if you want a p2w version of bdo just go on ru plz.

Edited by Grimbergen

Posted

There must be goldsellers that have ruined in-game economies, but honestly I can't think of any right off the bat.  I've seen them in games and stuff, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention?  Like yeah, things get a little worse, but in games like WoW & GW2 players still have a lot of control over the economy.  Granted, GW2 has a cash-to-gold option so that might be why in their case, and I don't know enough about WoW to know if they have that or not.  But still, are they legitimately that bad or are they more of a "bogeyman" thing?

FFXIV is the only MMORPG I've played that has a strong goldseller community, and even then, I'm pretty sure they've never affected the economy. At least not on my server.

It depends on the game, really. Black Desert would probably be more affected than others since the economy is so local and player-based.

Posted

allowing trading = bot/ gold sellers = p2w ...

if you want a p2w version of bdo just go on ru plz.

I could also pay someone to log into my account, level my character, and get me gold.  Does that mean by definition BDO is P2W no matter what we do?