• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to avoid getting shotted from Karanda?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

When he shoots something whit his beak

magical evasione seems not work..

teleport works sometimes if i have space usless she start focusing on me..

i image awakened classes can block it when we can't

Posted (edited)

I've done more than 30 Karandas, got three Dandelion Boxes, and I rarely die to her anymore. The trick is to stay in melee range. If you stay ranged, she will attack you with her Shriek attack and take off 80% of your HP. If you're in melee range, the chance of being hit by her is EXTREMELY lower. You also need to learn her attack pattern in order to dodge her AoE attacks: when she flies up in a spiral, she's calling for more harphies; when she lands and quickly flies in the air, she's going to send AoE to the melee area (stay away from her); when she flies slowly into the air, she's going to send AoE to the ranged area (stay close to her). Good luck!

Edited by Stellary
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've done more than 30 Karandas, even got a Dandelion Box, and I rarely die to her anymore. The trick is to stay in melee range. If you stay ranged, she will attack you with her Shriek attack and take off 80% of your HP. If you're in melee range, the chance of being hit by her is EXTREMELY lower. You also need to learn her attack pattern in other to dodge her AoE attacks: when she flies up in a spiral, she's calling for more harphies; when she lands and quickly flies in the air, she's going to send AoE to the melee area (stay away from her); when she flies slowly into the air, she's going to send AoE to the ranged area (stay close to her). Good luck!

Thats true. But how many defense and attack points do you need for getting these box or karanda signets?

Edited by Trinkerbell
-

Posted

Thats true. But how many defense and attack points do you need for getting these box oder karanda signets?

I have 190 AP and 220+ DP. Got 18 auras and 1 Dandelion Box atm, with S knowledge rank. I receive loot 90% of the times, as long as Karanda's HP is above 70%. I've been getting 3x 10G bars (3 million) in the past few Karandas as well, but 1 or no auras whatsoever.

Posted

Stellary is correct.  Melee range is 100% the way to go.  The only thing that I can add is that I use the ^ arrow key to raise my camera to just about maximum.  It makes it much easier for me to see the direction she is facing to avoid melee attacks (you want to be on her back anyways for more damage) and what kind of aoe she is going to do.  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well, there is one trick if you want to fight Karanda at range. You can block 1-2 shots from her with meteor or blizzard. (these skills have frontal block, while casting)

Also, positioning is very important in this fight. Stay at maximum possible distance and have a clear space behind you.

Edited by Feozar

Posted

magical evasion isn't actually a dodge. Its just a movementskill.

Posted

I've done more than 30 Karandas, even got a Dandelion Box, and I rarely die to her anymore. The trick is to stay in melee range. If you stay ranged, she will attack you with her Shriek attack and take off 80% of your HP. If you're in melee range, the chance of being hit by her is EXTREMELY lower. You also need to learn her attack pattern in other to dodge her AoE attacks: when she flies up in a spiral, she's calling for more harphies; when she lands and quickly flies in the air, she's going to send AoE to the melee area (stay away from her); when she flies slowly into the air, she's going to send AoE to the ranged area (stay close to her). Good luck!

This was extremely helpful tbh

Posted

This was extremely helpful tbh

No problem, glad I could help! Good luck!

Posted (edited)

Thats true. But how many defense and attack points do you need for getting these box or karanda signets?

It's completely random. I have a 58 witch at 208ap and 258dp and my lvl 51 wizard with 94ap and 98dp have yielded more loot.

Edited by BrorMannen

Posted

magical evasion isn't actually a dodge. Its just a movementskill.

It is, actually. It provides iframes in PvE.

Karanda just desyncs like crazy.

Posted

It is, actually. It provides iframes in PvE.

Karanda just desyncs like crazy.

No, it dosnt provide anything.

Pls, stop providing false information.

Posted

Maxed protected area works wonders

Posted

No, it dosnt provide anything.

Pls, stop providing false information.

Are you trolling right now?

Posted

Are you trolling right now?

No.

Im playing witch since day 1. Magical Evasion is only a movement skill, i doesnt give u anything but the movement. If you feel it gives u iframe, its because mobs attack speed are really low and when you move to a side, you move your hit box too.

You can test it really easy, simply go to kzarka, wait until Fire and try to evade, enjoy -1%. And its not because of too much people, at 6:00 am kzarka is almost alone and maybe 10 people fighting.

I dont hope you will test it, and surelly you will sitll prove false information, trying to hide how witch/wizards are really. Thinking about your class is ok, when it isnt.

Witch/wizards are a joke right now, low damage compared with other classes, no iframes, no blocks, low movility, long cast skills. Even in group if someone want a wizard killed, the wizard will die, it doesnt matter how much people try to defend him.

Best luck.

Posted

No.

Im playing witch since day 1. Magical Evasion is only a movement skill, i doesnt give u anything but the movement. If you feel it gives u iframe, its because mobs attack speed are really low and when you move to a side, you move your hit box too.

You can test it really easy, simply go to kzarka, wait until Fire and try to evade, enjoy -1%. And its not because of too much people, at 6:00 am kzarka is almost alone and maybe 10 people fighting.

I dont hope you will test it, and surelly you will sitll prove false information, trying to hide how witch/wizards are really. Thinking about your class is ok, when it isnt.

Witch/wizards are a joke right now, low damage compared with other classes, no iframes, no blocks, low movility, long cast skills. Even in group if someone want a wizard killed, the wizard will die, it doesnt matter how much people try to defend him.

Best luck.

Uh. Ive been playing a wizard since day 1 as well and im one of the top wizards on the server.

I can tell you that without a doubt it gives iframes. Go to rednose and use evasion during one of his aoes.

Kzarka is weird and ignores iframes. Kzarka also ignores the iframes on our teleport. 

Point blank you have no idea what you're talking about and you need to stop spreading false info. 

Posted

Uh. Ive been playing a wizard since day 1 as well and im one of the top wizards on the server.
I can tell you that without a doubt it gives iframes. Go to rednose and use evasion during one of his aoes.

Kzarka is weird and ignores iframes. Kzarka also ignores the iframes on our teleport. 

Point blank you have no idea what you're talking about and you need to stop spreading false info. 

i dont fight red nose for obvious reasons...

Kzarka dont ignore anything. Sorcs can "dance" while the fire.

Our teleport is bugged in our version, it doesnt provide the iframe it should give us. It was patched on korea some time ago but not here, tested a lot of times in pve and pvp.

If you are a top wizard on your server, and you are talking like you are the master ruler of the universe, you really are not.

Give me a video where i see the iframe running and i will show my apologies, until then, you are just another wizard-wanna-pro.

1 person likes this

Posted

Magical Evasion gives PvE iframes

I've spammed it on Karanda when I wasn't sure whether she landed or went straight up in the air for AoE and didn't take damage

in terms of Karanda melee or her long distance attack, I can survive one attack with 255 DP & 2,800 HP while staying near where the outer & inner AoE range meet.  The only time I've seen her consistently focus me beyond one attack is if I'm very much in the outer AoE range or beyond.

Posted

i've tested it as well. it gives you an short iframe while the blue glowing appears also in PvP. but its to vulnerable for dsyncs to be rly usefull.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0