• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kakau/PA why should I spend time and money on game before my awakening?

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

BDO is a great game, don't get me wrong, but the latest scheme of implementation is pure.. crap.. (trying to use nice words here...)
I been grinding my way to 58 recently on pirate island. I seen how War and Sorcs totaly obliterate pack of mobs with lower levels than me and AP and so on. I been 1000% owned in PvP by same classes, one shotted by them. It is impossible to contest. Tried with friends contest spots and 2-3 (5 on war, didn't make it...) of us got owned like there was no tomorrow by awakening war and sorcs. It is beyond insane. And this you implemented... (and think it would benefit you and the community?)

So here I am, and many more with me, leveling around half as fast when we grind as the war and sorcs. Node wars is crap go to when facing awakening classes.

I and many more will be the last ones to get our awakenings. It is months way off.. Is this how I am going to feel every day for months? 

I see no what so ever reason to grind exp, nor buy any value packs for my IRL money until get awakening. It would be a huge waste of time. You could have had income from value packs times the  months ahead, now you will get nothing from me for months. It is just not justified, even a pretty dumb move if I would even say if I did.
Instead it  will be pure AFK-riding and fishing that will only take up server resources. Chanses are that I am going to lose interest in the game the coming months watching everyone else have fun with their awakenings and progressing. And NO i don't want to level an alt just to get to play with awakening. I spent over 200 days on the mains.

Russians did it all right when they released all at once. They knew very well it would do damage and cause suffering to the customer/playerbase if they didn't.
Wish you had the guts to do the same. I hardly think you make more money releasing awakenings in turns like you do now, I think you earn less.

So PLEASE Kakau/PA - reconsider and release all awakenings at once instead.

Edited by Leverpastej
11 people like this

Posted

they don't care :-/

10 people like this

Posted

By the time Kakao considers releasing all of the awakenings at once, they will already all be out. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you dont wanna play until awakening release, dont, nobody force you.

Edited by Estiqaatsi
1 person likes this

Posted

If you dont wanna play until awakening release, dont, nobody force you.

That's already what he's doing.

Went from active to afk riding.

L2Read.

7 people like this

Posted

That's already what he's doing.

Went from active to afk riding.

L2Read.

We already know awakenings will be released piece after piece, nothing can do about it.

Posted (edited)

I can confirm all you say. As a lvl 58 Witch, I used to do a lot of 1vs1 against a Sorceress from my guild who had exactly the same AP+DP than I did. Without awakening, it was a close tie and actually fun to PvP against him. With awakening, it's IMPOSSIBLE to do anything. With his TRI Dandelion, he won many 1vs3 fights against lvl 58 random people at Pirates who were trying to steal our spot. I didn't have to do absolutely anything. He just sent his crows and his one-shot dark ball to kill all three of them multiple times. He also used to complain about the fact that Wizard/Witch were OP because we could clean entire mob camps in a few seconds. It only takes him 1 second to kill Jack at Pirates and he can now clean camps faster than I can use Residual Lightning for the same purpose. Awakening damage is ridiculous, but this is the way they chose to release them, there's nothing we can do about it anymore.

Edited by Stellary
4 people like this

Posted

The post itself is  useless. He have some attention syndhrome?

And your post is usefull and you're not acting like being better ?

Just wow...

Posted

We already know awakenings will be released piece after piece, nothing can do about it.

That's why the company doesn't even give a shit about what they said to their players.

The company said A LOT OF TIMES that the awakening will be release all together (that's why they delay for so long, trying to balance hahaha)

And even they break their own words, some players, like you, will still defend for them. "Don't play, no body force you to bla bla bla"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I can confirm all you say. As a lvl 58 Witch, I used to do a lot of 1vs1 against a Sorceress from my guild who had exactly the same AP+DP than I did. Without awakening, it was a close tie and actually fun to PvP against him. With awakening, it's IMPOSSIBLE to do anything. With his TRI Dandelion, he won many 1vs3 fights against lvl 58 random people at Pirates who were trying to steal our spot. I didn't have to do absolutely anything. He just sent his crows and his one-shot dark ball to kill all three of them multiple times. He also used to complain about the fact that Wizard/Witch were OP because we could clean entire mob camps in a few seconds. It only takes him 1 second to kill Jack at Pirates and he can now clean camps faster than I can use Residual Lightning for the same purpose. Awakening damage is ridiculous, but this is the way they chose to release them, there's nothing we can do about it anymore.

So basicly it was fine when you were equal in PvP but you were superior in PvE but now the tables have turned and it's not so fun being the sidekick :P.

In my opinion what sorceress got mostly out of their awakening is the AoE dmg  that greatly helps in PvE.

Skilled players can still get under your skin in PvP.

Many people complained about "iframes" on sorc being superior, well on scythe  there is a minimum or none of that so now what's the new excuse ?:P

You'll get your golems in few weeks and then you'll wreck havock again.

Edited by Falcion
1 person likes this

Posted

@GM_Caramel any chance you can ask the higher ups for a response to this thread? They don't have to spend 2 weeks e-mailing PA for a reply, just their personal feelings on the matter.

Posted

That's why the company doesn't even give a shit about what they said to their players.

The company said A LOT OF TIMES that the awakening will be release all together (that's why they delay for so long, trying to balance hahaha)

And even they break their own words, some players, like you, will still defend for them. "Don't play, no body force you to bla bla bla"

Companies will do whatever they want anyway. Or you guys really think to have some valor?

Wake up, welcome in the world....

Posted

Companies will do whatever they want anyway. Or you guys really think to have some valor?

Wake up, welcome in the world....

Do paying costumers have some kind of merit in asking for their goods or complaining about what they perceive as being faulty in the goods or services they buy?

Gee, I don't know.

1 person likes this

Posted

But ur wizards and witches... U already buffed to fight awakened classes

/S

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So basicly it was fine when you were equal in PvP but you were superior in PvE but now the tables have turned and it's not so fun being the sidekick :P.

In my opinion what sorceress got mostly out of their awakening is the AoE dmg  that greatly helps in PvE.

Skilled players can still get under your skin in PvP.

Many people complained about "iframes" on sorc being superior, well on scythe  there is a minimum or none of that so now what's the new excuse ?:P

You'll get your golems in few weeks and then you'll wreck havock again.

Sorceresses have always been one the best 1vs1 classes in the game, while Witches have always been the best PvE/AoE class in the game. I'm not complaining about the fact that Sorceresses are now equally strong in PvE, since awakenings are supposed to help all classes with their weakenesses. I'm complaining about the fact that Sorceresses are now godlike on both PvE and PvP without much effort. My guild mate would never solo 1vs3 random guys without awakening or if the opposing classes also had their awakenings. The balance is just not right. I won't have my golems "in a few weeks". I'll have my golems in almost 3 months, which is A LOT of time if you consider leveling, node wars and in-game progression. I can still 1vs1 my Sorceress guild mate, but I rarely win against him and his OP TRI Dandelion. All it takes is a dark ball and a full party of 5 non-tanks is killed to oblivion. If he removes his awakening weapon, the fight is much more even.

Edited by Stellary
1 person likes this

Posted

But ur wizards and witches... U already buffed to fight awakened classes

/S

They don't want to bring that up or it might spoil their argument :).

But let's review, at some point the class got a buff saying it was to fight more equally with awakened classes and it was way before awakened classes stared existing. 

I remember I had to adapt to the new situation of a wizard/witch  turning their shields in my direction while dealing damage. Now your turn to adapt to the new situation until your breakthrough. maybe they will rebalance the classes again maybe not.

Sorceresses have always been one the best 1vs1 classes in the game, while Witches have always been the best PvE/AoE class in the game. I'm not complaining about the fact that Sorceresses are now equally strong in PvE, since awakenings are supposed to help all classes with their weakenesses. I'm complaining about the fact that Sorceresses are now godlike on both PvE and PvP without much effort. My guild mate would never solo 1vs3 random guys without awakening or if the opposing classes also had their awakenings. The balance is just not right. I won't have my golems "in a few weeks". I'll have my golems in almost 3 months, which is A LOT of time if you consider leveling, node wars and in-game progression. I can still 1vs1 my Sorceress guild mate, but I rarely win against him and his OP TRI Dandelion. All it takes is a dark ball and a full party of 5 non-tanks is killed to oblivion. If he removes his awakening weapon, the fight is much more even.

So sorc's were always op in 1 vs 1 or were you at even terms with him? this matters because one contradicts the other either he beat you in PvP and you beat him in PvE or you were equal in PvP but you got better at PvE.

You say your guildmate wouldn't solo 3 random people, I saw a sorc obliterating a party of 5 way before awakenings, I also saw a wizard obliterating another party with a single blizzard. It took skills or tactics  or superior gear. tri dandelion sound like the guy has some good gear and there are not that many tough cookies at pirates.

I once cut through a guy without even knowing I was fighting in PvP until I checked the msg in chat window. But lately even with an awakening I got beaten by a ninja who used his skills better then me or outgeared me.

Awakening brings inbalance to the table that was never balanced in the first place, it's just that now the other leg is shorter...

Posted

@GM_Caramel any chance you can ask the higher ups for a response to this thread? They don't have to spend 2 weeks e-mailing PA for a reply, just their personal feelings on the matter.

here goes higher response: it is working as intended 

1 person likes this

Posted

You say your guildmate wouldn't solo 3 random people, I saw a sorc obliterating a party of 5 way before awakenings, I also saw a wizard obliterating another party with a single blizzard. It took skills or tactics  or superior gear. tri dandelion sound like the guy has some good gear and there are not that many tough cookies at pirates.

Speaking as a stupidly powerful awakened Sorc @Stellary is correct. The biggest change with awakenings is the dumbed down combat. The ease at which you can inflict damage now is the issue. Sure a skilled and geared Sorc could kill groups of players before awakening... but now a far less skilled and geared Sorc can kill groups of players with awakening.

I really don't see how previous imbalance within BDO justifies adding more imbalance. Complain about either or if it suits you as both sides have valid complaints. Pretending awakenings are ok because of what came before them is ridiculous. The only correct answer when releasing new game changing class mechanics or features is to apply them to everyone at the same time. That didn't happen and it's just another example of how the players are getting kicked in the teeth.

1 person likes this

Posted

To prep for your awaken weapon....idiot 

Posted (edited)

Speaking as a stupidly powerful awakened Sorc @Stellary is correct. The biggest change with awakenings is the dumbed down combat. The ease at which you can inflict damage now is the issue. Sure a skilled and geared Sorc could kill groups of players before awakening... but now a far less skilled and geared Sorc can kill groups of players with awakening.

I really don't see how previous imbalance within BDO justifies adding more imbalance. Complain about either or if it suits you as both sides have valid complaints. Pretending awakenings are ok because of what came before them is ridiculous. The only correct answer when releasing new game changing class mechanics or features is to apply them to everyone at the same time. That didn't happen and it's just another example of how the players are getting kicked in the teeth.

Thank you for backing me up. I would also like to add that this guild mate of mine hates grinding and as soon as he got his awakening, he went from 57 to 58 in about a week because of how easy it became to farm. He one shots every mob, even Basilisk's and Centaurs in Valencia lol. I pretty much just asked him to carry me to level 58 because he cleans every wave of mobs before I can even use a spell xD Awakening damage is ridiculous and classes like Ninja/Kunoichi and Wizard/Witch will be heavily affected by this delay. The only good thing about it is that I already have a Dandelion Box, so I can focus on upgrading my 3 pieces of boss armor and still save some Memory Fragments for awakening. Other than this, I refuse to 1vs1 any awakened Sorceress at the moment. The damage is so absurd that even less skilled players can laugh at how miserable other classes are.

Edited by Stellary
3 people like this

Posted

It's too late to release them at once now.. just speed them up after giant, e.g release ranger next week and tamer the week after and valk the week after and so on 

3 people like this

Posted

It's too late to release them at once now.. just speed them up after giant, e.g release ranger next week and tamer the week after and valk the week after and so on 

like they will do that. It is what it is, as long as 3k ppl keep playing on a regular basis on one mega server it will be okay i guess

Posted

they also enjoy leaveing some classes broken and not giving them the buffs they have on current kr version of the game cause kakao don't like ballance.

Posted

Already have tons of guildies/friends that quit until their awakening, and im not blaming them, all i do now is pve and stacking frags/stones/silver for my awakening.

The thing is, its all downhill from now, look at awakening classes, stack 200+ ap and enjoy wiping out whole parties of non-awakened classes, its pure stupidity. Once we get all awakening its a 1shot fest.

1 person likes this

Posted

Imagine a Western based gaming publisher doing something this senseless? Releasing the highest tier dmg weapon+skill but not for all classes. It's so insane from a balance PoV, it would never ever happen.

It's only Asian f2p/p2w games pulling shit like this, in my experience.

Was actually a bit chocked when they decided to push bi-weekly awakenings. I honestly didn't expect Kakao&PA do this to a western audience, we rage to hard went stuff is unfair in videogames.

Anyway, I think we all can agree that speeding up the awakening releases would benefit the game, the community and especially class balance. That's also the only thing we can agree on sadly. Because everyone thinks their own class "deserves" or needs awakening first. No one wants to get shit on by all other classes for weeks or even months.

Classes who already have awakening is no exception. They also think they "deserve" to wipe groups 4v1 and farm faster than everyone else because some reason.

3 people like this