• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kakau/PA why should I spend time and money on game before my awakening?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

"Because you must " - Korean deckard Cain 2016.

Posted

We already know awakenings will be released piece after piece, nothing can do about it.

And your defending is just no helping, actually it is opposite, your attitude given more reasons why companies can do whatever they want.

People like you support companies and defend their actions, you are the one create the problem we are facing.

As long as there are people like you, companies will say "Hey, people understand, we can do whatever we want without any consequences".

2 people like this

Posted

Once we get all awakening its a 1shot fest.

... ppl that researched the game told the community this months ago.

Same as how broken all the convenience is gonna make the game in few months..

But sure let the ignorant call us toxic for a few months more bout P2W... 

Just to realize it wasn't trashtalk when the avalanche hits the whole community aka hardcore+convenience and pure whales roam ur channels in godmode.

But hey, it's all just fallacy logic right..

4 people like this

Posted

... ppl that researched the game told the community this months ago.

Same as how broken all the convenience is gonna make the game in few months..

But sure let the ignorant call us toxic for a few months more bout P2W... 

Just to realize it wasn't trashtalk when the avalanche hits the whole community aka hardcore+convenience and pure whales roam ur channels in godmode.

But hey, it's all just fallacy logic right..

Hold on to the "told you so" dance:

Posted

That's why the company doesn't even give a shit about what they said to their players.

The company said A LOT OF TIMES that the awakening will be release all together (that's why they delay for so long, trying to balance hahaha)

And even they break their own words, some players, like you, will still defend for them. "Don't play, no body force you to bla bla bla"

Don't even try... They are plain brainless. Is called mangina syndrome, full sheep mode.

These guys would suck assholes if Kakao says so...

Posted

Speaking as a stupidly powerful awakened Sorc @Stellary is correct. The biggest change with awakenings is the dumbed down combat. The ease at which you can inflict damage now is the issue. Sure a skilled and geared Sorc could kill groups of players before awakening... but now a far less skilled and geared Sorc can kill groups of players with awakening.

I really don't see how previous imbalance within BDO justifies adding more imbalance. Complain about either or if it suits you as both sides have valid complaints. Pretending awakenings are ok because of what came before them is ridiculous. The only correct answer when releasing new game changing class mechanics or features is to apply them to everyone at the same time. That didn't happen and it's just another example of how the players are getting kicked in the teeth.

This game is about as balanced as Marvel vs Capcom 3. Give everyone something OP therefore its balanced. That is what awakenings are.

Posted (edited)

This is quite a good point :/ Any chance of @CM_Aethon pushing this matter into releasing awakenings faster and/or more at once? :c Balance should have come before "We want our awakening next week" in the first place, which was the reason iirc for releasing them in stages. 

Edited by aidlac

Posted

Companies will do whatever they want anyway. Or you guys really think to have some valor?

Wake up, welcome in the world....

you're the one who needs to wake up. Companies only care about money, thats what they care about for their business.

And where can they get those money from? What do you think?

Posted (edited)

Nothing Pearl Abyss does lately has made me sit back and go, "Wow...that's a smart way to do things" except the dice rolling mini-game.

They aren't gonna change their minds about awakenings. And if they said they were going to do anything it would only be to say they're looking into it or asking about it. And if they said either of these things nobody would believe them. I am totally disillusioned by the decisions made over the past month, and no longer hold any expectations of this game. I continue to play and enjoy, but the minute another game grabs my interest, given the road this game has embarked upon lately, I will be out of here unless I see some evidence the Korean devs are doing anything other using me as. an ATM. Right now, all the evidence paints a very questionable picture.

Edited by Drustein

Posted (edited)

And your defending is just no helping, actually it is opposite, your attitude given more reasons why companies can do whatever they want.

People like you support companies and defend their actions, you are the one create the problem we are facing.

As long as there are people like you, companies will say "Hey, people understand, we can do whatever we want without any consequences".

People like me, as you say without knowing me, are probably the one that less contribute  those companies..

But hey, keep believing you know me from a post if that makes you feel a big man

I'm quite sure all the histerical haters on this forum are the main sponsors of Kakao/PA. You know, that kind of people that wanna make you believe that you NEED to spend or you are FORCED to spend bla bla bla.

Btw i'm outta of here. I can smell the toxicity far from miles. I guess writing a messagge just for fun isn't an option on this lair of frustrated people. Have fun :D

Edited by Estiqaatsi
1 person likes this

Posted

People like me, as you say without knowing me, are probably the one that less contribute  those companies..

But hey, keep believing you know me from a post if that makes you feel a big man

I'm quite sure all the histerical haters on this forum are the main sponsors of Kakao/PA. You know, that kind of people that wanna make you believe that you NEED to spend or you are FORCED to spend bla bla bla.

Btw i'm outta of here. I can smell the toxicity far from miles. I guess writing a messagge just for fun isn't an option on this lair of frustrated people. Have fun :D

So you call this toxic player fallacy logic in P2W

Let's say u make 2m silver per hour on drops and stuff for AH:

NO convenienceconvenience
h/dd/wh/wh/10wsilver/10wVPartweightcostume

With art mem u tripple ur silver worth if u buy mem frags = the bottleneck in enhancing.

I used an additional 10% gain from +100 weight, but f.e. eliot tears etc in CS arent added.

It's rough and not tuned math but it gives u an idea over 2 months... how long is it running now?

How about in 5 months, 1 year? <= Why I quit now and not in 5 months after an extra 5 months of grind.

And this is not the end of adding 'convenience'.

It's in millions not k's ;-)

Posted

Do paying costumers have some kind of merit in asking for their goods or complaining about what they perceive as being faulty in the goods or services they buy?

Gee, I don't know.

its a 10 usd b2p game where most of their income comes from pearl items. You americans and these delusions of customer rights. "I spent 69  cents on this cheeseburger and the box was slightly dented i need to lawyer up !"

Calm down and try to think about "their"  long game that you paid into. What makes more money releasing all awakenings at once along with a small assortment of costume sets. Which will make them bank or releasing awakenings biweekly with smaller volume of costumes making probably nearly the same amount but every two weeks potentially. Staggering "content" until they want to drop a map update and etc. Americans have large expendible incomes and even if they dont they all have credit cards. Start mooing bc your getting milked. 

you're the one who needs to wake up. Companies only care about money, thats what they care about for their business.

And where can they get those money from? What do you think?

if i can make the same amount of money not listening to you, not using resources to appease you or frequently releasing updates. Versus listening and having to do the reverse. Why would i bother listening? This not a mom and pop store they have released in three venues. Can you imagine how many people they would need to appease everytime they opened their mouths? Its annoying and why bother if you are still going to make money...

Posted

This is quite a good point :/ Any chance of @CM_Aethon pushing this matter into releasing awakenings faster and/or more at once? :c Balance should have come before "We want our awakening next week" in the first place, which was the reason iirc for releasing them in stages. 

That's not going to happen, I'm afraid. They decided to release awakenings bi-weekly because of marketing reasons. They win loads more by making players wait for their awakening while everyone buys Awakening Costumes for each class every week.

Posted

Speaking as a stupidly powerful awakened Sorc @Stellary is correct. The biggest change with awakenings is the dumbed down combat. The ease at which you can inflict damage now is the issue. Sure a skilled and geared Sorc could kill groups of players before awakening... but now a far less skilled and geared Sorc can kill groups of players with awakening.

If a sorc was op in pvp previously then making him a little more op shouldn't hit that hard as it did (remember in the end is not 1vs 1 that counts). Now a less skilled sorc might be killed by a ranger that he previously was able to beat just because he won't realise attacking witha  scythe doesn't always give you shield up front and those arrows hurt.

I'm still getting used to using the scythe and I belive a lot of sorcs get beaten because they're switching between scythe and amulet unintentionally. it will take time to master it and by that time other classes will start become awakened as well.

But coming back to the wizard/witch, according to patch ntoes they're buffed to fight the awakened classes, they were buffed  like 2 months ago and we had to adapt to their new power, it's just another shift and people need to adapt to the new threats. Also how many of you remember the dark flame crisis of sorc? Probably not many because it didn't affect other classes, but I remember people going "git gud sorcs" when they stood up with 3/4 of their hp intact after a combo. We lost a lot of sorceress back then, well consider it a payback :P

Also I do not belive witch/wizard is a class for 1 vs 1 combat they're the back row artilerry

Posted

That's not going to happen, I'm afraid. They decided to release awakenings bi-weekly because of marketing reasons. They win loads more by making players wait for their awakening while everyone buys Awakening Costumes for each class every week.

Then the reroll on the new OP class which results into more pearls purchase and more CONVENIENCE per character.

Again, their excuse of not releasing all awakening at once is BULL SHIT and anyone who believe them is as dumb as a rock and there are enough on the forum to be that stupid.

Daum/Kakao doesn't care about players, the only thing they care about is the profits, same as every freaking companies out there. If it hurts there bottom line, they will change it, sadly enough stupid people right now to out support/defend them right now, simply just sad.

Posted (edited)

$adly it $eem$ that way :/. If only I knew what mattered to Kakao, monie$ or customer$$$ :/. Oh that'$ right :o It'$ the $$$ 100% of the time :(.

Edited by aidlac

Posted (edited)

Then the reroll on the new OP class which results into more pearls purchase and more CONVENIENCE per character.

Again, their excuse of not releasing all awakening at once is BULL SHIT and anyone who believe them is as dumb as a rock and there are enough on the forum to be that stupid.

Daum/Kakao doesn't care about players, the only thing they care about is the profits, same as every freaking companies out there. If it hurts there bottom line, they will change it, sadly enough stupid people right now to out support/defend them right now, simply just sad.

$adly it $eem$ that way :/. If only I knew what mattered to Kakao, monie$ or customer$$$ :/. Oh that'$ right :o It'$ the $$$ 100% of the time :(.

Kakao isn't the one responsible for making the game, Pearl Abyss is. If you want to blame someone, blame Pearl Abyss, I guess. Greedy koreans...

Edited by Stellary

Posted

Because they think you will reroll, buy stuff from cashshop and play OP awakened class xD

Posted (edited)

Just my two cents: it was a highly stupid idea to release class balance in such a staggered time frame.
Really, I'm happy for the warriors who were a punching bag pre awakening and the sorcs who could only grind half as fast as me but JESUS CHRIST that is some bullshit right there when a guild wins node wars purely because of two god dam awakened warriors and all we can do is sit back and watch.

..and I still feel for the other classes that have to wait longer than rangers because OWPVP is a freaking joke right now. Awakened class trying to kill you? Better take your hands off the keyboard and quit before they touch you because you have NO CHANCE.

WHAT REALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE is we should have got pre awakening class balance.
It's just downright lazy and poor planning of the devs to cram post awakening class balance down our throats when we don't have it for months yet.
Half of us would be able to stand a chance if we still had pre awakening balance with post awakening classes,

Edited by haybreee

Posted

its a 10 usd b2p game where most of their income comes from pearl items. You americans and these delusions of customer rights. "I spent 69  cents on this cheeseburger and the box was slightly dented i need to lawyer up !"

Calm down and try to think about "their"  long game that you paid into. What makes more money releasing all awakenings at once along with a small assortment of costume sets. Which will make them bank or releasing awakenings biweekly with smaller volume of costumes making probably nearly the same amount but every two weeks potentially. Staggering "content" until they want to drop a map update and etc. Americans have large expendible incomes and even if they dont they all have credit cards. Start mooing bc your getting milked. 

Did you just call me a -----ing American? What the actual -----?

Cosmetic sales are an absolutely solid way to keep games going, you don't NEED to do game altering micro transactions.

And yes, we all know the bi-weekly thing is a massive money grab, not sure why you're mentioning this, it's obvious to anyone who's done 3rd grade math.

Posted (edited)

In my opionion: you payed at least once for them. Now let them keep promises (^^^^^^^ hahahahah) they made (i will write only a few):

- awakenings released at once (to keep good class balance)

- no p2w (to let ppl get a cash shop items they could implement npc with those items selling it for silver, its a b2p game in the end)

- ninja/kuno balance as those classes delay resons

- server improvements and desync fixes

And after they keep it/ give solid explanation why they didnt - we can throw money at them^^^^

Edited by Kelai

Posted

Kakao isn't the one responsible for making the game, Pearl Abyss is. If you want to blame someone, blame Pearl Abyss, I guess. Greedy koreans...

tbf, I did not say making the game, I was complaining about the release schedule. Which is rather at which speed they'll publish the awakening content in NA/EU. This should fall under Kakao afaik? (although I do know that PA could just tell them "we want more money. Make it happen" or something to affect Kakao's decisions. Since Kakao is too scared to say anything against PA. But even so, I doubt that's the case in this case, considering Kakao makes more money as well by doing this). 

tbf, I did not say making the game, I was complaining about the release schedule. Which is rather at which speed they'll publish the awakening content in NA/EU. This should fall under Kakao afaik? (although I do know that PA could just tell them "we want more money. Make it happen" or something to affect Kakao's decisions. Since Kakao is too scared to say anything against PA. But even so, I doubt that's the case in this case, considering Kakao makes more money as well by doing this). 

Posted

Nothing Pearl Abyss does lately has made me sit back and go, "Wow...that's a smart way to do things" except the dice rolling mini-game.

They aren't gonna change their minds about awakenings. And if they said they were going to do anything it would only be to say they're looking into it or asking about it. And if they said either of these things nobody would believe them. I am totally disillusioned by the decisions made over the past month, and no longer hold any expectations of this game. I continue to play and enjoy, but the minute another game grabs my interest, given the road this game has embarked upon lately, I will be out of here unless I see some evidence the Korean devs are doing anything other using me as. an ATM. Right now, all the evidence paints a very questionable picture.

Same. Won't be paying any money anytime soon till I see some good changes.

Posted

I want to second this. Absolutely, I play the game with passion as well pour decent amount of hours. But I have 0 loyalty towards the publisher/creator. The second... the second something remotely interesting comes up I'm out. Artisan Memory low.. that is cash given every time you repair max durability 

Posted

BDO is a great game, don't get me wrong, but the latest scheme of implementation is pure.. crap.. (trying to use nice words here...)
I been grinding my way to 58 recently on pirate island. I seen how War and Sorcs totaly obliterate pack of mobs with lower levels than me and AP and so on. I been 1000% owned in PvP by same classes, one shotted by them. It is impossible to contest. Tried with friends contest spots and 2-3 (5 on war, didn't make it...) of us got owned like there was no tomorrow by awakening war and sorcs. It is beyond insane. And this you implemented... (and think it would benefit you and the community?)

So here I am, and many more with me, leveling around half as fast when we grind as the war and sorcs. Node wars is crap go to when facing awakening classes.

I and many more will be the last ones to get our awakenings. It is months way off.. Is this how I am going to feel every day for months? 

I see no what so ever reason to grind exp, nor buy any value packs for my IRL money until get awakening. It would be a huge waste of time. You could have had income from value packs times the  months ahead, now you will get nothing from me for months. It is just not justified, even a pretty dumb move if I would even say if I did.
Instead it  will be pure AFK-riding and fishing that will only take up server resources. Chanses are that I am going to lose interest in the game the coming months watching everyone else have fun with their awakenings and progressing. And NO i don't want to level an alt just to get to play with awakening. I spent over 200 days on the mains.

Russians did it all right when they released all at once. They knew very well it would do damage and cause suffering to the customer/playerbase if they didn't.
Wish you had the guts to do the same. I hardly think you make more money releasing awakenings in turns like you do now, I think you earn less.

So PLEASE Kakau/PA - reconsider and release all awakenings at once instead.

git gud or fight back with tet/pen gear p2w