• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Open Seamless Game World

55 posts in this topic

Posted

So it's a beautiful "almost" seamless game world.

Except,

Boss Up - Loading Screen

Reset Daily Awards - Loading Screen

Party is forming in another channel - Loading Screen

Market item Notice - Loading Screen

Crashed - Loading Screen

Node war started in channel - Loading Screen

Alt is full on energy - Loading Screen

Transferring items to alt/moving items - Loading Screen

PvP / Channel full - Loading Screen

Night Vendor - Loading Screen

There are plenty of other reasons and when they begin stacking together it gets really annoying.  A lot of these simply don't need to be an issue.

*Shared Energy for all characters, NEVER LOAD AGAIN

*Access Market Place from anywhere NEVER LOAD AGAIN

*Fix Daily Reward/Log in Events NEVER LOAD AGAIN

*Access Night Vendor from anywhere NEVER LOAD AGAIN

Posted

"Access Market Place from anywhere NEVER LOAD AGAIN" and "Access Night Vendor from anywhere NEVER LOAD AGAIN" are just due to your lazyness.

"Fix Daily Reward/Log in Events NEVER LOAD AGAIN" that is a valid point. A game that literally does not want us to log off should not make us relog to get daily rewards or reset daily boss scrolls and loyalty.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"Access Market Place from anywhere NEVER LOAD AGAIN" and "Access Night Vendor from anywhere NEVER LOAD AGAIN" are just due to your lazyness.

"Fix Daily Reward/Log in Events NEVER LOAD AGAIN" that is a valid point. A game that literally does not want us to log off should not make us relog to get daily rewards or reset daily boss scrolls and loyalty.

Think before you post........

You mark an item for Notice

You go to PLAY the game and hunt in an area

You get a notice that your item has been listed

LOADING SCREEN TO ALT

Fail to Purchase anyway

That's how the game works right now.

You can ALWAYS have access to the Market Place already you just camp alts there, same for Vendor when it's up.

There are 2 choices:

#1 Loading Screen to alt to access it (Loading screen again to switch back)

#2 NO Loading Screen (access anywhere)

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

Kinda weird to jump into a different vessel and expecting it to be instant.

All loads except the reload for attendance, and crashes, are based on character or channel changes.

Which are all player induced actions.

Also, I have perfect solutions to your problems:

-get a maid,

-use transport wagons so you dont need to use your alts,

-stop using your alt energy on nv,

-use your main for bosses,

All silly comments aside.. I do agree on the daily rewards / attendance rewards to require a fix.

If the black spirit can realise a day has passed, why can't the "game that created him" know and act upon it as well?

Posted

don't forget joining Red Battle Field loading screen! 

There aren't enough loading screens in BDO to bother me tho. Changing channels is annoying i guess 

1 person likes this

Posted

-use your main for bosses,

Great idea, anyone 58+ want to spam exp deaths on a boss?

Posted

yeah there is way too many loading screens to my taste , I'm gonna go back to play WoW or BnS ...wait..

wait....hmmm nevermind.

5 people like this

Posted

don't forget joining Red Battle Field loading screen! 

There aren't enough loading screens in BDO to bother me tho. Changing channels is annoying i guess 

The 2 main issues have been:

#1 When a player wants to buy something like a Value Pack or Pet from the Market.  You are forced to wait around all day at the Auction House or constantly switch back and forth to alts.  This means loading twice for every attempt and you will most likely fail to purchase anyway.

#2 When there are connection issues the time it can take gets excessively long.

Posted

Great idea, anyone 58+ want to spam exp deaths on a boss?

i'm sitting at 0% xp so I can spam die at bosses :3

Posted (edited)

50/50 on that.  It's just pathetic game play to allow that.

However, it's basically a tool to use against the cash shop trash of Ellion Tear.

This type issue can only be fixed by a company with Integrity, so good luck ;)

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

OP  is a new kind of special.

5/7 thread didn't try hard enough

Posted

OP  is a new kind of special.
5/7 thread didn't try hard enough

While you have nothing to contribute at least your bumping the thread :)

Posted

50/50 on that.  It's just pathetic game play to allow that.

However, it's basically a tool to use against the cash shop trash of Ellion Tear.

This type issue can only be fixed by a company with Integrity, so good luck ;)

TBH i'm not sure why u lose xp from PVE death. you basically never die from anything but bosses. it really does just seem like a way to sell elion tears and make money. 

I'd like to hear Kakao's justification 

Posted

TBH i'm not sure why u lose xp from PVE death. you basically never die from anything but bosses. it really does just seem like a way to sell elion tears and make money. 
I'd like to hear Kakao's justification 

The answer is probably similar to why you get sent back to the beginning of a dungeon in Zelda when you die. Or why you drop your souls on death in Dark Souls. Or why consequences for preforming poorly in any game exists ever. It's simple, risk makes rewards sweeter. 

Posted

The answer is probably similar to why you get sent back to the beginning of a dungeon in Zelda when you die. Or why you drop your souls on death in Dark Souls. Or why consequences for preforming poorly in any game exists ever. It's simple, risk makes rewards sweeter. 

but why then would they allow us to pay them money to bypass those consequences? 

Posted

but why then would they allow us to pay them money to bypass those consequences? 

Because they know exactly that salty no skillers would buy anything to bypass consequences

Posted

while I agree about loading screens cause that's -----ing annoying.

elions are purchasable with loyalty 100 per and I got 2 rolls for 1500 on board game so I got 30 free elions, idk def a way for them to make money but 1 elions a day should save u from boss death only really die to Karanda or Kutum.

Posted

Get yourself a SSD drive and in 15sec max you're on next character.

Posted (edited)

while I agree about loading screens cause that's -----ing annoying.

elions are purchasable with loyalty 100 per and I got 2 rolls for 1500 on board game so I got 30 free elions, idk def a way for them to make money but 1 elions a day should save u from boss death only really die to Karanda or Kutum.

yeah that's what I've done. I just use loyalty tears. But it's still not enough for everyday Kutum farming. Maybe ur only supposed to go once you've saved up enough tears. Maybe i just suck cuz I blow through a TON of tears on kutum. Karanda I don't die much. But Kutum... omg. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

While it's nice to claim a seamless open world (channel/character switching notwithstanding), when the game starts to desync and lag, you will get loading screens that swap you for a time to the map-zoom screen - which is the equivalent of a "loading screen"

So while in theory there are no loading screens travelling the world, in practice you will come across random loading screens depending on lag. RNG strikes again.

Posted

You are complaining about nothing.

Posted

This is a sandbox game. get a SSD and you will be fine

Posted (edited)

they certainly use that for whatever daily logging data, otherwise, i indeed see no valid reasons to not reset that like the daily quest.

Guess that's why sh#t like that will never be fixed.

Edited by woots

Posted

they certainly use that for whatever daily logging data, otherwise, i indeed see no valid reasons to not reset that like the daily quest.

Guess that's why sh#t like that will never be fixed.

This could also be fixed with "smart" algorithms, for example:

• Check Geolocation based on IP
  • Check Timezone based on Geolocation
  • If time is past midnight in players timezone, reset Daily Rewards/Bosses, start counter
  • If Online Time after Midnight is at least 2 hours, consider as "Daily Login"

On second thought, I can already see how the community will exploit this. Use VPN/Proxy to change IP and reset daily rewards/bosses multiple times in a day. This is why we can't have nice things.

Posted

This could also be fixed with "smart" algorithms, for example:

• Check Geolocation based on IP
  • Check Timezone based on Geolocation
  • If time is past midnight in players timezone, reset Daily Rewards/Bosses, start counter
  • If Online Time after Midnight is at least 2 hours, consider as "Daily Login"

On second thought, I can already see how the community will exploit this. Use VPN/Proxy to change IP and reset daily rewards/bosses multiple times in a day. This is why we can't have nice things.

I dont discuss how they could fix that. Especialy since the daily quest, the only thing i know that reset without the need of log off -on. Reset based on server time, and not client side ( which is very logic xD )

But the fact that they certainly use that to track Human log off - in every day. And use that for whatever stat to show that game dont only have afk players maybe ? xD

Guess that's why stuff like that arent ever going to be changed ( well at least for the daily rewards ). Since ofc, without any single doubt they could do like with daily quest, or like the black spirit dice game thing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0