• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Trade Issue Explained

32 posts in this topic

Posted

All an MMORPG needs to do is create systems in game that allow players to work together to achieve similar goals in ways that do not involve player trading. This allows players to help friends much more and is really the best of both worlds imo.

I wish pearl abyss would have focused more on group and teamplay from the start. Not just late game ability to have limited pvp, but grouping and other social interactions since trading was locked.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dern you for bumping this. I thought this was some omniscient player with insight into the removal of Guild Imperial Trading. Grr. :(

Posted (edited)

Well, I am sorry to hear that, it's not like what you experienced anymore, it's actually quite fun, definitely worth a look. You should take advantage of the "Welcome back home" events SE releases once in a while.

On this issue you failed as bad as Donald Trump in a debate.

You don't block 1000's of names in a pointless attempt to avoid them.  You simply have to disable the channel because it's destroyed.  BDO already has some measures to prevent channel spamming, but they simply do not work.

This is a demonstration that Daum would not be able to prevent mass cheating in the game.  One of the ONLY things holding back gold sellers is the lack of trading.

Full circle again....... Who buys all this gold?  The God Damn Community who isn't allowed to trade, because of THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

Cry

They took away my alt account ability 2 weeks ago. GM was nice enough to explain this change was to combat botters hackers also. Such a big list of systems nerfed so they can avoid actually doing their job and combatting this problem like most other mmo's. Here we got chat energy costs, offline energy nerfs, no player trading and no multiple paid for accounts. And yet nothing has changed except inconvenience for their paying customers.

Exactly right....M

Posted

This is flatly not an issue specific to games from Korea, and frankly I'm quite tired of watching people make that completely arbitrary distinction.

20% of MMO players in the NA/EU markets surveyed by the Daedalus Project report having used 3rd party P2W vendors. That is millions of players.

There's no stopping that many people. There's no monitoring that many people. No MMORPG that I know of has managed to successfully get them out and keep them out.

Western MMORPGs are just as incapable of getting a grip on this issue, and they have used similar approaches. WoW has had in-game RMT for a while now, trying to do the same "outcompete the gold-sellers" strategy that this game is doing.

The OP is correct. This game's restrictions on trading and the marketplace are there to make it much harder for 3rd party RMTers. Those in combination with the in-game RMT market represent perhaps the most hostile environment for 3rd party P2W vendors of any MMORPG on the market.

And it should remain that way, because the alternative is to be overrun with players who are cheerfully willing to destroy the game as long as they make a profit on it all the way down. <<< Response to critical post.

And yet, here you are. <<< Response to positive post on an entirely different thread/topic.

I don't know what drove you to use a post from an entirely different topic about some of the positive features the game offers and use it out of context to make a weak attempt to make me look like hypocrite just because I do not share the same enthusiasm you do for the draconian solution Kakao is using to blanket the RMT problem. 

Basically, with you either we love and adore this game, or we hate it and abhor it, no middle ground...and then we complain why is it that the industry is so full of garbage like this.

Posted

i get the point but name one game that died and was completely ruined by gold/item sellers? hell i played Ragnarok sense it was released, same shit was said if they dont do something about them its going to kill the game, 14+ yrs game is fine, WoW is fine, Gw2 is fine etc, i just don''t get where people get this idea where it will totally destroy the game an player base, decrease profits and so on, seriously, if they get banned for selling/bottling, they would then have to re buy this game giving money to the company, and i seriously would like to see a better explanation of why this should be, i don't care either way none of my friends will play this game cause of that one fact they can't trade, and that all came about when i gave my friend a trail period and wanted like 300k just to buy some starter crap, i told em you cant trade but its not hard to earn silver just get your energy and CP up. and that reason alone he quit after the trail. but like i said i don't care if you can trade or not, i stopped putting effort into the game cause there is no point to i mostly just sit around now just chatting with players and guildies after being discouraged to play from the Halloween event, and the only reason i see some people not liking a trade system be put into place is someone is going to be able to come along and dump less cash than they did into the game and get just as good gear/items as they do, yes you can straight dump cash into this game and sell cash shop items on the market don't deny it, that pay to win in my book and yet again i still don't care every game now has a cash shop that can do this. i myself would like to see a trading system put into place, and hell you can even make it so they can't sell the item for less than the market price, be nice to offload the 8k gold/iron/silver and platinum ingots i got piled up in storage, cause ----- selling them 5 at a time on the market place., and all i am really in search for is a real reason to not implement a actual trade system, other than it will ruin the game or degrade players hard work. there is thousand of other real reason to implement it..

Posted

guys, just remember - it's the same guy who was whining about visible health bars......

as for topic itself - oversimplification barely in any relevance to most of recent "player-to-player-trading" discussions, which op would have notice if he was paying any attention to what is actually happening in those

PS. dunno how you but I find it really funny that we have implemented functionality in game that for most of the time is.... useless

all the coding for said ptp trading is in game and fully operational for.....

*drumrolls*

"oh crap I forgot the pots, could you spare some?"

"sure no prob"

1 person likes this