• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Next Big Game?

73 posts in this topic

Posted

Now that all the dust has settled whats everyone's next "go to" game?

See anything good on the horizon?

My friends and I are moving to Revelation Online in December, but no idea if theres anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voBxIPyZR5s

1 person likes this

Posted

Revelation looks like a BNS clone. I will pass.

Posted

Attention whore spotted!

Posted

I hear there's a new game coming that's run by people we can trust and is absolutely not going to ever change their business model to pressure people to spend money on it, and it won't be like the last 20 MMORPGs to come out at all because it's going to be all about the vision and integrity of the artists who made it.

It's called [insert name of next MMORPG to come out here].

14 people like this

Posted

"Pantheon: Rise Of The Fallen" looks exactly like what I want to play.

https://pantheonmmo.com/

this looks intriguing. 

Posted

My friends and I are moving to Revelation Online in December, but no idea if theres anything else.

Lol you are an Idiot. no one cares about you and your Friends.

Posted

I don't know what the next big game will be, or even if BDO is or was a "big" game. All I know is if I hear about the next big game is being published by Pearl Abyss or Kakao I'll be giving it a fairly wide berth no matter how strong the hype is.

7 people like this

Posted

I don't know what the next big game will be, or even if BDO is or was a "big" game. All I know is if I hear about the next big game is being published by Pearl Abyss or Kakao I'll be giving it a fairly wide berth no matter how strong the hype is.

Agree.  I feel as though MMO devs take advantage of the big game hype now and I don't want to get burned again, especially after Everquest Never!

1 person likes this

Posted

You are a bigger idiot.

not fun and useless comment on internet doesn't makes you cool.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're immensely wrong, but aside from that, passing is probably smart.

Posted

I wouldn't really say its a BNS clone. More similar to Archeage if anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4q5yhf/my_time_in_revelation_online_part_3_guilds_pvp/

tl;dr

1v1, 3v3, 5v5 Arena's, 50vs50 guild vs guild bg's, Castle sieges, regular bg's, open world and instanced raids.

I'll probably play it for a few months before it goes p2w. But anyone got any other suggestions?

Posted

And why are u posting this here? pleb.

Posted

And why are u posting this here? pleb.

Because:

Attention whore spotted!

Posted

Theres a Diablo looking game called Lost Ark or something in the works that looks cool, but overall, BDO is the way to go for the next couple years, for me anyway, smell ya losers later >=D

1 person likes this

Posted

Nami, you are brutal! :D

Posted (edited)

Peria Chronicles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygw3lhoMZcE

Bless ( old fight system )

Revelation Online (AA clone with more PvE)

Dragon Dogma Online ( not bad but more a coorpg that mmo )

Chronicles of elyria

Dark and light

https://youtu.be/a3JzYxr7MX8?t=2m40s

Lineage Revolution(mobile game)/eternal hack&slash

Anyway... i wait more for FFXV..

Edited by Catastigma
1 person likes this

Posted

You're immensely wrong, but aside from that, passing is probably smart.

The art and models look very similar. That is enough to put me off.

Posted

For a new game to interest me would have to be almost identical to bdo.so here I stay happily ^.^

Posted

Pantheon looks interesting.

I would like to try revelations but... i dont like the producer and it looks very close to BnS which i was incredibly disappointed by.

Chronicles of Elyria will probably be the next major game i play after BDO.

Bless online I was seriously considering and one word put me off. Aeria. Possibly the worst producer they could have chosen.

Posted (edited)

Theres not one single mmorpg like bdo coming out anytime soon that has such attention to detail and promise based on their dev group and capabilities. Imagine full open world without load screen, who can do that? This game will continue to thrive as long as they keep expanding on additional content to do, one thing being underwater exploration, it's good to see focus on alternative endgame even tho most of us wont appreciate it. Basically bdo can only die by the devs hand if they chose that route. Yes this is some fanboism

Edited by Nacario
2 people like this

Posted

Civilization VI will be released on October 21st. Maybe it is time to go back to the "roots" for a while, the whole MMO thing is going nowhere, certainly nothing either ground breaking or outstanding, just hype after hype and more broken promises and hopes. The real problem seems to be with the mentality and core design and certainly with the "business plan" most companies apply, and of course with the "player base" too.

Well, perhaps, there are some smaller studios out there with a more honest approach, but whether their projects / products are worth the effort and time investment is another matter. So, either stick with the devils we already know or time for a break from the whole genre, there is quite good stuff and entertainment to be found elsewhere too.

Posted

Theres not one single mmorpg like bdo coming out anytime soon that has such attention to detail and promise based on their dev group and capabilities. Imagine full open world without load screen, who can do that? This game will continue to thrive as long as they keep expanding on additional content to do, one thing being underwater exploration, it's good to see focus on alternative endgame even tho most of us wont appreciate it. Basically bdo can only die by the devs hand if they chose that route. Yes this is some fanboism

Actually, I think Revelation does it pretty well..

Posted

ill stay here, there is no super cool new MMO planned yet what fits my prefs. Even with utterly bad PvP bdo is superior at the moment.

Posted

Chronicles of Elyria does look good but even from the start you can buy a lordship so I want to look into that. Also it seems a lot more role play than competitive which may be nice as well :)

Pantheon looks nice as well

BDO is good I guess by the time the super pay 2 progress is out we will be full Tri with money for TET so it is fine I guess as long as you don't get greedy