• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hello!! No need for blade after awake?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

So when Im not sleeping anymore blade becomes useless? What I have found out plum can easily and also should? just play spear only. Also Im asking because as week old player my opinion perhaps is not the best ;d

Posted

You're still going to need your blade- besides the awakening sharing stats with it (I'm not 100% sure which/what). Every class that has their awakened so far is weak if they only use their awakening. You will need to switch in and out blowing thru CDs. If the Sorcs only use their sickle they lose their mobility- if warriors use only their awakening they can't grab. And it makes them "easier" targets. So........ya don't sell your liverto/kzarka :P

Posted

You're still going to need your blade- besides the awakening sharing stats with it (I'm not 100% sure which/what). Every class that has their awakened so far is weak if they only use their awakening. You will need to switch in and out blowing thru CDs. If the Sorcs only use their sickle they lose their mobility- if warriors use only their awakening they can't grab. And it makes them "easier" targets. So........ya don't sell your liverto/kzarka :P

Warriors easy targets with 100% block ability even with awakening sword out? That's news to me.

Posted

Easier then if they dont switch and grab you- yes, there are still tons of bad sorcs/warriors out there. You shouldn't lose to everyone of them. I kill the majority of sorcs in 1v1 even if they have higher AP then myself. If the warrior is good you will prob lose because of their Buff from awakening and just overall dmg. Thats assuming they stack DP still. I have fought warriors with high ap and yes they hit hard as fuk- but they also seem to be the ones I can CC more and kill. The ones stacking DP are harder because You cant just rush in when you and opening and half health them (or stun) so it gives them more chance to land dmg on you while you attempt a stun/redmoon/dragonbite.

Posted

the thing is maehwa dont seem to lose anything for using spear, atleast anything of importance since shes not brawler who needs all her cd's in row, but quick nuke and escape and nuke again

as far as I know.

Posted

You'll still want a high enhance one since your total AP with an awakened weapon out factors in your mainhand AP.

Posted (edited)

So far i know the awekening weapon uses a weapon slot for its own and its AP is just extra on top of all your other gear.

So you will need that blade weapon

basicly if you have DUO Awekening you get like a ~67 AP extra

i don't know the exact numbers out of my head srry

EDIT: also nobody can see if you use blade that you have such high AP if you have a awekening weapon equiped

Edited by DeCiBeL

Posted

awakened weapon skills still have cooldown times quite high especially those with wide range. since sometimes it can be hard to pack mobs, you are going to use red moon quite often anyway. swapping main weapon to something cheap, will make red moon useless hence leaving you with cooldowns.

Posted

So when Im not sleeping anymore blade becomes useless? What I have found out plum can easily and also should? just play spear only. Also Im asking because as week old player my opinion perhaps is not the best ;d

There are certain classes I use for certain aspects of game play.
I find myself grinding for money on my zerker more than my wizard-
Zerker kills faster due to the uptime of -----thatgroupofmobs skills.

Posted

awakened weapon skills still have cooldown times quite high especially those with wide range. since sometimes it can be hard to pack mobs, you are going to use red moon quite often anyway. swapping main weapon to something cheap, will make red moon useless hence leaving you with cooldowns.

Sorry for the sword enthusiasts, but the launch of the maehwa part of awakenings that are truly independent and effective optimal manner by not changing with the primary weapon. At lvl 60, you have no reason to use the sword, you will always have a skill available to benefit dps with awakenings. Red moon is probably the only skill you could use but i don't think this is necessary.

Some maehwa lvl 60 gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVSA0phcCUg&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSeM_lsqowc

Posted

I'll find the link for you guys, but even if you do not use the blade you will still want TRI or TET and Kzarka blade, the reason is the following carries over to your polearm:

crystals

passive benefit (atk speed etc)

half the AP of main hand

and all of your accuracy gain from enchant

EDIT: found the data showing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4wyp8g/awakening_weapons_questions/d6b836y.

See response from LuckyFennec in the answers

Posted

Sorry for the sword enthusiasts, but the launch of the maehwa part of awakenings that are truly independent and effective optimal manner by not changing with the primary weapon. At lvl 60, you have no reason to use the sword, you will always have a skill available to benefit dps with awakenings. Red moon is probably the only skill you could use but i don't think this is necessary.

Some maehwa lvl 60 gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVSA0phcCUg&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSeM_lsqowc

like everybody has level 60 before awakening.

Posted

59 road to 60 :P

with the weekend buff  can be reach easy , specially in our case being one of the last awakend realease

Posted

When do Musa and Maehwa get their Awakening?

Posted

Thanksgiving week c;

Posted

Nov 24th

Posted

You definitely want your main hand since a patch will come out, already in KR, where 50% of you main hand ap goes towards your awakening AP. Also from what I've seen you use ur awakening 90% of the time compared to your blade form. This is why usually Musa/Maehwa don't need a lot of SP compared to classes like Sorc who need to swap between both awakening and non-awakening to maximize their damage.

Posted

You definitely want your main hand since a patch will come out, already in KR, where 50% of you main hand ap goes towards your awakening AP. Also from what I've seen you use ur awakening 90% of the time compared to your blade form. This is why usually Musa/Maehwa don't need a lot of SP compared to classes like Sorc who need to swap between both awakening and non-awakening to maximize their damage.

Pre 60 you will still need to rotate into red and blooming to fill some time gaps but 60 your right in that we don't move out of spear at all, which i love :)