• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So, damage in PVP

132 posts in this topic

Posted

Tri Updated Iron Buster - 172 AP vs another zerker withy 275 dp: 

100% ult central landing - 100hp

Full Slugfest - 170-210hp 

Auto-attack - 10hp each 

Titan blow - 70hp 

Flame Buster - around 150hp 

Is this for real? 

Sven bo awakening zerka ma duzego nerfa w PvP to reduced dmg in pvp to wiecej niz 50%

Posted (edited)

Just tell me how this awakening damage compares to sorc. Cause in my opinion its like comparing a nerf gun to a vulcan autocannon.

This is a simple problem.I took the time to watch some jamrock, i missed that he was back in town thats why it comes a bit late. he beat up people with a pri buster. Period.

What does it mean? It means that we have a big problem wtih balance because there is no easy way. If an average zerk fights an average sorc its a loss, no i-win-button.

At high levels giant is very well off being everything that our sorc and ranger crybabies complain about here.

So we need to cry more in this thread so ppl get aware, we need the latest patch its helping a lot but it won´t add oneshot damage and tbh an equal warrior or sorc can not oneshot me (but other classes so its still opie dmg:D).

So if u did, don´t expect it. If u are, i am too, not a great berserker and know your ways in and out u are not strong and u won´t be.Time to reroll ranger.

I will take the time to practise now that i can practise and doesnt have to work vs muscle memory i can practise more than just basic combos. it´s what i will do. I couldv rerolled sorc today i had amulet 100m at the nv and i have a dande box but i didnt, because berserker is more fun. It is still a problem i totally agree balance can not happen around only the most skilled o players.

PS: I tried. Slugfest (its not the main dps, gotta get the head around that^^) does 25%of a 250+dp warrior of damage if he isnt blocking. The fact that he can block and has superarmor is not an issue with berserker but with warrior. 

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

Doesn't work like that yet.

We actually don't know 100% if that change is or isn't implemented yet. Yes it got added with the Tamer awakening patch on KR, which we do not have, but we also have had KR patches and updates added way out of sequential order. You should operate under the assumption that it is implemented because should the Tamer awakening update come around and there is no change in damage because we've had the patch the entire time then you've only got yourself to blame for hyping up your own, and likely others, expectations.

Posted

In any case damage in pvp with the green buster is ridiculous low. 

I am just wondering if anybody already asked our gms to test this since I think it cannot be correct that a tri rough iron buster deals almost the same damage like a +7 advanced iron buster.

Perhaps we are able to get a statement from them just to know if the weapons are working as intended because if so I need to upgrade the advanced one.

I would copy the gms into this post myself but I unfortunately don't know how to. :S

1 person likes this

Posted

In any case damage in pvp with the green buster is ridiculous low. 

I am just wondering if anybody already asked our gms to test this since I think it cannot be correct that a tri rough iron buster deals almost the same damage like a +7 advanced iron buster.

Perhaps we are able to get a statement from them just to know if the weapons are working as intended because if so I need to upgrade the advanced one.

I would copy the gms into this post myself but I unfortunately don't know how to. :S

The green weapon really isn't meant for pvp though, the blue one is for pbp and gold for both.

Posted

The green weapon really isn't meant for pvp though, the blue one is for pbp and gold for both.

The blue one isn't much better either so it's not a question of which Iron buster is better.

Posted

The blue one isn't much better either so it's not a question of which Iron buster is better.

I'm not having much of an issue at all but I'm 191 awakened AP. +7 human damage and higher AP is nothing to snuff at.

They just need to remove some dmg from BWS and give it to slugfest or such, other then that I performed well in the node war

Posted

Hey guys. I noticed that buster training damage is not reduced in pvp at all. It also animation cancels really easily and gives a 20% attack speed buff at lvl 59. It seems this is a strong ability to weave into our grab combos. Has anyone tested it?

Posted

Hey guys. I noticed that buster training damage is not reduced in pvp at all. It also animation cancels really easily and gives a 20% attack speed buff at lvl 59. It seems this is a strong ability to weave into our grab combos. Has anyone tested it?

KR giants use bws. This is beacuse piercer-lift-slugfest-cancel-grab leaves u with axes and beacuse it does more damage.

Using it to have attackspeed up of course.

Posted

oh yea i forgot about that, all my warrior friends complained about being squishy on first day. yea i remember them complaining all day "damn dude i do no dps... and im so squishy" Good times good times. 

I can't tell if you're misunderstanding on purpose because you're mad or if the point really went over your head.

Posted

We actually don't know 100% if that change is or isn't implemented yet. Yes it got added with the Tamer awakening patch on KR, which we do not have, but we also have had KR patches and updates added way out of sequential order. You should operate under the assumption that it is implemented because should the Tamer awakening update come around and there is no change in damage because we've had the patch the entire time then you've only got yourself to blame for hyping up your own, and likely others, expectations.

Huh? Don't you think you would know if someone was hitting you with over 250ap? LOL

Posted

Huh? Don't you think you would know if someone was hitting you with over 250ap? LOL

It's added as a hidden stat and awakening skills % dmg was changed when it was put in on KR.

Posted

Hmmm~not sure if this is what you guys talk about but when they added mainhand dmg to awakened weapon it was no buff. They simply take 2/3 dmg from awakened weapon and 1/3 from mainhand and addem togeather~was well calculated in kr. 

I got 218 AP in awakened with sharp gold alch stone~ 293 DP with that- I dont feel nearly as strong in large scale pvp as I should. Will try some more, but quite dissapointing.

Posted (edited)

Okay... Lets get one thing clear here. Giant has never been a 1-shot, 1-skill class like Warrior, Sorc, Ranger etc. Neva.

Axes are really strong in PvP -- mainly because we have been playing with them for so long that we know exactly what to do, what skill to use in every situation against every class. Axes are awesome and allow several playstyles: hard to catch, super mobility, grabs and fast kills. I have fought level 60 Warriors on stream and beat them easily. Before our awakening.

Cannons play differently. The mobility isn't as strong for sure, but its definitely there and requires a lot of learning. The DPS increase is -----ing huge versus Axes, you just need to learn the skills. I'm not gonna give tips here. I can usually burst someone down in under 10 seconds -- they never saw it coming.

Another point to make is that KR giants are generally pretty trash. Yes they may have way better gear, a lot of game knowledge, etc but skill wise they're trash.

The one thing that Cannons are missing which is absolutely crucial is shift a/d + lmb.

So anyways, jsut learn Cannons. Stop waiting for welfare handouts from Skullflower.

@100in is that 218 sheet AP or are you adding every single buff under the planet?

Edited by Drafun

Posted

Okay... Lets get one thing clear here. Giant has never been a 1-shot, 1-skill class like Warrior, Sorc, Ranger etc. Neva.

Axes are really strong in PvP -- mainly because we have been playing with them for so long that we know exactly what to do, what skill to use in every situation against every class. Axes are awesome and allow several playstyles: hard to catch, super mobility, grabs and fast kills. I have fought level 60 Warriors on stream and beat them easily. Before our awakening.

Cannons play differently. The mobility isn't as strong for sure, but its definitely there and requires a lot of learning. The DPS increase is -----ing huge versus Axes, you just need to learn the skills. I'm not gonna give tips here. I can usually burst someone down in under 10 seconds -- they never saw it coming.

Another point to make is that KR giants are generally pretty trash. Yes they may have way better gear, a lot of game knowledge, etc but skill wise they're trash.

The one thing that Cannons are missing which is absolutely crucial is shift a/d + lmb.

So anyways, jsut learn Cannons. Stop waiting for welfare handouts from Skullflower.

@100in is that 218 sheet AP or are you adding every single buff under the planet?

Nope. No cannon skill is as strong as undertaker->bws. Beastly wind slash is where pvp dmg is. Cannons, especially ground lift, are good for extra cc after which you can grab away. Even if your ground lift manages to perform floating on your target and you manage to punch in blasting while he floats it still does not compare to bws on knocked down target. 

Posted

Nope. No cannon skill is as strong as undertaker->bws. Beastly wind slash is where pvp dmg is. Cannons, especially ground lift, are good for extra cc after which you can grab away. Even if your ground lift manages to perform floating on your target and you manage to punch in blasting while he floats it still does not compare to bws on knocked down target. 

We did a test with a couple 190-200ap zerkers.

BWS is more consistent damage (DPS over time), but the slugfest combo ends up in way more burst, with more CC obviously.

Want to know what really hurt? BWS immediately into slugfest into ground lifting into general dissaray. One zerker killed this ranger with just that lol, you can switch to cannon from BWS REALLY quick as-well.

Posted (edited)

We did a test with a couple 190-200ap zerkers.

BWS is more consistent damage (DPS over time), but the slugfest combo ends up in way more burst, with more CC obviously.

Want to know what really hurt? BWS immediately into slugfest into ground lifting into general dissaray. One zerker killed this ranger with just that lol, you can switch to cannon from BWS REALLY quick as-well.

Grab->Corpse Storm->BWS->C->Slugfest? If your opponent sits through the whole whole thing he must be confused with the flashing lights cause half way through he should be up allready.  Ground lift wont go into general dissaray, unless im missing something. 

Edited by Sveyn

Posted (edited)

Grab->Corpse Storm->BWS->C->Slugfest? If your opponent sits through the whole whole thing he must be confused with the flashing lights cause half way through he should be up allready. 

I am able to get off BWS C Slugfest before they get up quite consistently, I do live near the server and have 20-40ms consistently so that may play an effect into this. This is pretty much one of the standard combos ive seen kr streamers use. .

Obviously if a grab misses they wont be on the floor.

You can also even try doing the new grab out of it right after slugfest.

If you ever have a attack speed buff up during this like the wizard buff, it becomes incredibly easy to do this combo. I also use yellow alchemy stone

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

You can also even try doing the new grab out of it right after slugfest.

I find the new grab extremely glitchy.  

Posted (edited)

--------------

Edited by Drafun

Posted

I find the new grab extremely glitchy.  

Yeah, it's pretty weird. I only ever use if it the person is CC'd already.

Posted

That is 215/218/293 ~on the sheet~got 376 DP with DP gear~ both sharp prot/att alchemy stone to switch with gear.

Dont get me wrong~I basically never loose 1v1 no matter vs who~but it will always be grab chains in there~ In korea last christmas I could 1-shot ppl with less gear~the nerf is massive. I was hoping for more with AP gear~I just die way to fast to a zerg in large scale pvp, no real iframe or block makes 1 stun lethal~I get focused a lot thou 😶

DP gear with villa+pot buffs is incredible still~ might build more on the DP side~400 sheet DP might be the way to go

Posted

That is 215/218/293 ~on the sheet~got 376 DP with DP gear~ both sharp prot/att alchemy stone to switch with gear.

Dont get me wrong~I basically never loose 1v1 no matter vs who~but it will always be grab chains in there~ In korea last christmas I could 1-shot ppl with less gear~the nerf is massive. I was hoping for more with AP gear~I just die way to fast to a zerg in large scale pvp, no real iframe or block makes 1 stun lethal~I get focused a lot thou 😶

DP gear with villa+pot buffs is incredible still~ might build more on the DP side~400 sheet DP might be the way to go

pic

Posted

How do you have more awakening AP than mainhand?

Posted

The more i play cannon in pvp the more i get pissed by how low dmg it actually does compared to warrior or sorc

why the ----- did they nerf it this much -----ing hell

2 people like this