• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

153 posts in this topic

Posted

"I dont have time to play an MMO RPG".......you. are not. a Gamer.

acting like that, neither are you.

If you are just a MMO addict you are far from being the coolest kind of gamers.

BDO's paywall is still there if you can't play 20H/day + camp the marketplace.

Even then there's still to much CS only stuff.

Tell me how house ranking are not PURE old school hardcore p2w.

Tell me how buying Artisan memorys isn't a huge help in advancement ?

Tell me how the overall pricing of the CS isn't outrageous ?

What about everything revolving around horses ? Pure milking...

Yes game is still enjoyable even with all this crap... but denying it is insanity.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty convinced this thread was started by a troll.

Posted

i will ffight p2w will all my strength until my last breath!! No retreat no surrender... seriously though... love the game so not gonna let it die like other p2w Asian games it is better than tera and Eve and gw2 and wow in my opinion but it is making mistakes they don't selling silver or exp boosts is asking for trouble and I'm sure the majority of gamers would agree I've not met anyone not one person in 15 years who said oh.. you can buy exp and in game gold in this game and beat everyone else if your rich in real life...   cool!!!  

Personally, it somewhat baffles me that a relatively new player would be this much focused on the p2w aspects, but I guess it's like you initially mentioned, there is a lot of "publicity" around this subject and as a result it's not surprising that this grabs ones attention. However, I would like to offer a broader (or at least different) perspective on things:

First of all, my post is not about the definition of p2w, I'll leave this to the other 100 threads or so. For the purpose of this post, it's enough to acknowledge that the pearl store currently offers advantages such as a value pack, artisans memories or just generally items that can be sold through the marketplace and with that converted to silver. Nevertheless, two things still strike me as important for where I'm going next: The amount of silver to be obtained through selling pearl store items through the marketplace is limited per week to what I understand is currently around 120ish million silver. The effect of artisans memories is a multiplier that requires an existing base to be applied to. Zero - no matter how largely multiplied - still remains zero. With the 120ish million silver per week limit in mind, the theoretical infinite amount of artisans memories is irrelevant if you are planning to entirely progress through "p2w".

With the above limitations in mind, let's talk about what is currently NOT limited in similar ways: As one might guess, it's actually playing the game. Now, this game is basically all about gear and levels, with actual player skill being far far behind those. The omnipotent way to progress is grinding, offering you leveling xp, skill xp (skill points) as well as silver required to upgrade the gear, which - very important to mention at this point - can be traded as in sold/bought trough the marketplace. Grinding does not only offer all this progress, it's also ridiculously easy to do. It is so easy to do that I dare saying that you can get it done by a person with almost no previous gaming experience and with very little skill. Now because there are no (daily) caps on grinding, you can do it for as long as you can keep going. You keep progressing, you keep getting stronger, you keep pulling ahead of other players through simple time investment. You don't require other players, you don't need to beat challenging content, you don't need to master a learning curve, you just grind. The more, the better, the further you pull ahead of other players. Before you dare mentioning "catch-up" mechanics such as login rewards, xp-boosts and whatever not, let me remind you that the veteran grinder will get all those as well. Ironically, a player with huge time-commitment will make even better use of those than the "casual" player which is supposed to "catch-up". Let me tell you, he never will.

Worth mentioning at this point is that the player with the huge time-commitment is also the kind of player who benefits the most from the previously mentioned "p2w" elements. Reduced marketplace tax? Hell yeah, he has tons of stuff to sell from grinding. Artisans memory? Hell yeah, he has tons of memory frags and the boss armor to be repaired with it. An extra 120ish mil from selling costumes? A welcome addition to his already substantial funds. People can cry about "whales" as in rich players all day long, but as far as I'm concerned, the player with the biggest advantage is the one living (leeching...) off social security with a wellfare-check high enough to do a little "p2w" on top of that. There are plenty of European countries that enable a person to do so if they wish to.

All that said, does it not bother you, as a new player, that you will never ever catch up with those kind of players? They will trash you because of their gear and level alone. No amount of current "p2w" mechanics can help you with it. No amount of "catch-up" mechanics can help you with it. No amount of personal player skill can compensate for it. This does not bother you? You rather complain about the "p2w" and it's unfairness and how it destroys the game? From a moral point of view, does it not trouble you that those who contribute nothing to society "win"? Hell, as far as we know, they "p2w" with your taxes on top of all that. At least some of the other MMOs you've mentioned (I've not played all) do not allow simple time-investment to win over everything else in such a linear way as BDO does. They have instanced and/or even gear-equalized PvP, they have (daily/weekly/etc.) caps, diminishing returns or similar systems in place, they reward mastering a learning curve as well as honing personal skills. As far as I'm concerned, these are the kind of things I would want to know about after playing for two weeks. I am surprised you are not missing those, but rather jump on the perceived "p2w" elements in such a manner. Just something to consider for your future endeavors.

2 people like this

Posted

100mil in bdo is nothing which is what you get from selling 5 costumes weekly and if your rng is bad it's not p2w

artisan memories on the other hand have no limit so you can buy as many as you want, basically for 1 euro you can buy 2 artisan memories which will make your memory fragment 3 times better (so 6 in total). So for 1 euro you get 4 memory fragments out of thin air + your original 2 that you need to have in order to use artisan memory on.

Basically if you made 200 memory fragments and used 100 euro, you would have 600 memory fragments instead. Gaining 400 mem fragments out of nothing which cost 300 million in game which is utterly -----ing ridiculous no matter how you look at it and way more P2w than costumes are and they slipped the artisan memories in-between all the other patch notes without any reasoning or explanation why, when nobody asked about them.

Thing about bdo is , you can't get the best/competitive gear without memory fragments so they are absolutely needed at any point of the game so every single player thats planning on doing more than just lifeskills in bdo will need memory fragments and artisan memories literally triple their effect

This is by far the most ridiculous and insane p2w i've seen and there are countless of whales (probably) throwing insane money to multiply their fragments in order to spam enchant more and get better gear and literally win

this is the most insane p2w you have evr seen? Are you high? Most pople defend this as not p2w because we have seen MUCH worse, aka perfect world games, runes of magic, archeage. Etc.

Posted

This is a top quality meme.

Posted

PLS NO BULLY, REEEEEEEEEEE!

K6PeV8M.jpg?1

Posted

100mil in bdo is nothing which is what you get from selling 5 costumes weekly and if your rng is bad it's not p2w

artisan memories on the other hand have no limit so you can buy as many as you want, basically for 1 euro you can buy 2 artisan memories which will make your memory fragment 3 times better (so 6 in total). So for 1 euro you get 4 memory fragments out of thin air + your original 2 that you need to have in order to use artisan memory on.

Basically if you made 200 memory fragments and used 100 euro, you would have 600 memory fragments instead. Gaining 400 mem fragments out of nothing which cost 300 million in game which is utterly -----ing ridiculous no matter how you look at it and way more P2w than costumes are and they slipped the artisan memories in-between all the other patch notes without any reasoning or explanation why, when nobody asked about them.

Thing about bdo is , you can't get the best/competitive gear without memory fragments so they are absolutely needed at any point of the game so every single player thats planning on doing more than just lifeskills in bdo will need memory fragments and artisan memories literally triple their effect

This is by far the most ridiculous and insane p2w i've seen and there are countless of whales (probably) throwing insane money to multiply their fragments in order to spam enchant more and get better gear and literally win

no ...no .... and no ... i sold 5 costumes on the AH , tried to enchant my scythe ...couldnt even get it past +14 with my fkng 100mil + artisans...artisans gives you the OPTION to enchant more times and not farm for life memory fragments, which is a waste of fkng time cuz relics are just ridiculous to do (animation wise)..., you dont win because you buy artisans...it gives you more opening to enchanting but rng is rng and the rng is this game is made to milk you out of irl money...so no you dont "win" because you use them...and if you are smart enough you dont even need to buy that many artisans to use them on blue gear...(gold is another story tho)

great point :D  i didnt say anything but 100m to me is loads i have 9m....  instead of working for rest of 91m if i could  just buy an instant boost that is a problem...

sorry again, i mean i searched p2w, and pay to win and buy silver loads of things and nothing or nothing specific but as i said before multiple sources of info isnt a bad thing...  sorry if i made people re-type info already available but its helping me and probably others that read it.. and raising awareness of issues... i mean if it is similar to other posts is that such a bad thing...

having an extra 100mil per week isnt p2w ( IN MY OPINION) ...buying boss gear already enchanted off the pearl shop ...now that is p2w...what we have right now is p2haveachancetowin

Please provide evidence of Pay to Win as you have not shown any so far, you look like a 3 year old crying over not getting a toy you want

why the f*** do you have to be rude????

Posted

OK got a lot of new info from this thread appreciate everyone's comments and will go onward with more knowledge than I had before.. I still do think it's p2w in several ways and will still fight that but am now more informed with specifics.. dates releases and math so thanks.  Hope everyone has a great day and if anyone is on European server croxxus add me in game family name is Tristan.  Cheers.

Posted

OK got a lot of new info from this thread appreciate everyone's comments and will go onward with more knowledge than I had before.. I still do think it's p2w in several ways and will still fight that but am now more informed with specifics.. dates releases and math so thanks.  Hope everyone has a great day and if anyone is on European server croxxus add me in game family name is Tristan.  Cheers.

There is literally no point fighting this. Before the P2W was introduced, hundreds, if not thousands of people said in response to their "We want your feedback" said an absolute NO, however despite all the feedback they went ahead, they deleted anti-p2w threads and supportive threads were always visible. Many people including myself quit that day (I paid money for this game therefore I am allowed to read and comment on the forums, before anyone comments that) They are going to continue with the p2w despite any feedback, therefore I suggest you don't waste your breathe and have what little fun you can until something better comes along.

Posted

lol more lachrymosity.  

No.  You THINK it's pay to win, and therefore cry a lot.

That's a matter of opinion isn't it? From where I'm standing you're crying. I support P2W and I want more of it. I'd like the 5 items a week completely removed and it will be.

Posted

i am not a troll i can promise you that, either you are trying to start something or your just mistaken, i hope the latter,

basically i started an account with 7 day trial... played for 7 days but still wasnt sure weather to buy... so got another 7 day trial and on 2nd day the game was on sale for cheap so i jumped in.... i am playing the game but took 15 mins research as i like to know whats waiting for me endgame, see if theres player trading, dungeons blah blah blah, i like to research in case im spending a lot of time for a let down... luckily the game looks great im just making this is my previous 3 other games have basically killed themselves and wanted to make sure this wasnt.. sadly from great reviews for months to recently have ,many bad reviews, p2w, being among the reasons why...  thats why im trying get people sign petition, watch the video and hopefully if enough players talk about it we can make this game go back to an actual game people can enjoy for what it is.. not who spent 30 dollars on costumes and mats, that give advantages over other players..

and i get that you feel like people keep talking about it illuminia but thats a bad thing,, we should talk more, like real politics if we dont get anywhere fast we dont just give up... this is worth fighting for...

Maybe you should have taken that 15mins to research before you bought the game and saved us all from yet another whiny thread. 

Posted

cheap prick low life free2play maggot

Is that a 8 strike combo?

Looks like some1 made bank and failed the enchants ^^

Posted

stupid morons with that p2w logo avatar "i just started" lol, how dumb can someone be to think that anyone believes that? go quit already and play other games, you are beyond ridiculous, looking like whining hysterical girls shouting "p2w!! p2w!! p2w!!" always the same nonsense over and over again with fresh accounts every 2 weeks. maybe visit a psychiatrist. 

companies don't change their business model because some whiney kid can't spend 5 bucks per month on the game.

Posted

stupid morons with that p2w logo avatar "i just started" lol, how dumb can someone be to think that anyone believes that? go quit already and play other games, you are beyond ridiculous, looking like whining hysterical girls shouting "p2w!! p2w!! p2w!!" always the same nonsense over and over again with fresh accounts every 2 weeks. maybe visit a psychiatrist. 

companies don't change their business model because some whiney kid can't spend 5 bucks per month on the game.

BDO has no monthly 5 d0ll3rz few doe

Posted

Here ya go! This is the thing they want you to use. 

Also this complaining, petitions, etc should really be directed toward a server with a different pay model that has no pay to progress, pay for power, P2W or whatever you wish to call it. Then people who wish to pay for power can and people who find that boring can have their play style desires met as well. I hear RU has a sub server, though I do not know what the details are, wish we could get one of those! 

Posted

this is the most insane p2w you have evr seen? Are you high? Most pople defend this as not p2w because we have seen MUCH worse, aka perfect world games, runes of magic, archeage. Etc.

I was going to post directly to the OP but as soon as I saw that same thing I immediately knew this guy has zero idea of what a real P2W MMO really is. It is sad that some idiots jump into the wagon and start screaming P2W just because some troll jumped in 2 months too late for the cry fest. Bunch of dumb asses cry and cry and you know what they do after posting all of their nonsense? THEY LOG BACK IN THE GAME.

Posted

There is literally no point fighting this. Before the P2W was introduced, hundreds, if not thousands of people said in response to their "We want your feedback" said an absolute NO, however despite all the feedback they went ahead, they deleted anti-p2w threads and supportive threads were always visible. Many people including myself quit that day (I paid money for this game therefore I am allowed to read and comment on the forums, before anyone comments that) They are going to continue with the p2w despite any feedback, therefore I suggest you don't waste your breathe and have what little fun you can until something better comes along.

Get a life. If u already quit GTFO, but i really really dubt u really quit. You're another salty "fake quitter" that plays more than any of us.

Pretty convinced this thread was started by a troll.

Posted

Get a life. If u already quit GTFO, but i really really dubt u really quit. You're another salty "fake quitter" that plays more than any of us.

I bet anything these fake idiots really didn't quit. Its like I said before, all you see is "WAAA, WAAA P2W" then they rush to log back in the game. Why must they linger around the forum of a game they no longer care for? It makes no sense. There's only two definite reasons for this; is either they are real idiots or they are lying their asses off.

hqdefault.jpg

Posted

I bet anything these fake idiots really didn't quit. Its like I said before, all you see is "WAAA, WAAA P2W" then they rush to log back in the game. Why must they linger around the forum of a game they no longer care for? It makes no sense. There's only two definite reasons for this; is either they are real idiots or they are lying their asses off.

hqdefault.jpg

+1 my brother +1

Posted

You can make your Client Window Borderless and swap to browser and write that "WAAA, WAAA P2W" easily.

Especially when fishing.

:3

Posted (edited)

So people are salty over advantages gained through having money rl now? This was always the deal in BDO since it was released. But it wasn't p2w back then, and it isn't still. You gain the most by playing the game by far. The money earned from the cash shop items is only good for new players in terms of silver income to get a cleaner start to the real grind.

Meanwhile greater in game imbalances were caused by early times bugs like MoS drop rates being way off the mark and dropping like candy at release. (Better accessories meant sure good loot from bosses, which meant more silver to those with more AP.) Also knowledge based from playing on the other servers prior gave huge in game monetary advantages to those who used them from day 1 (Which in turn made the life of those who were playing at the time to discover the game themselves quite painful in many grinding spots of the game.). Do people complain about these issues now? No
Meanwhile if a whale wants to spend 150 bucks a week to sell stuff on the market to earn ~130 mil per week is such a big deal? (And actually giving the cash shop items in the process to those who want them through silver instead of possibly not even having the money to buy the items themselves.) Give me a break.
If you play the game for purely silver, you will achieve that with little effort even if you work a full time job and do other things in life.

Imagining the hundreds/thousands of memory fragments people gained from buying cheap shards and selling black stones to keep the scroll parties rolling as long as they liked at the start of the game on the other hand gives quite a debilitating feel to what some people actually have/had in this game in terms of in game currency, which in present since the release of +16-20 gear has been turned into power.

The game would've been on a more even footing from the start of the western release had there not been a release in other regions prior. The imbalances are still within the game, should we care about these imbalances? Yes, if you believe the silver gained from cash shop items is such a huge deal. This whole p2w garbage is just dumb.

I personally don't care about the imbalances. If someone comes and kills me with better gear, so be it. I'll move on. There's nothing special about that.

Edited by Abech
typo

Posted

I really did quit lol, I'm playing revelation China. Black Desert isn't even installed. 

BUT Because I bought the game for $100, because I enjoyed the game until it went P2W, because I would like it to not be P2W. 

I AM ALLOWED TO COMMENT...see how that works?

If you love the game so much, why don't you GTFO and go play it. Loser.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose
1 person likes this

Posted

i am not a troll i can promise you that, either you are trying to start something or your just mistaken, i hope the latter,

basically i started an account with 7 day trial... played for 7 days but still wasnt sure weather to buy... so got another 7 day trial and on 2nd day the game was on sale for cheap so i jumped in.... i am playing the game but took 15 mins research as i like to know whats waiting for me endgame, see if theres player trading, dungeons blah blah blah, i like to research in case im spending a lot of time for a let down... luckily the game looks great im just making this is my previous 3 other games have basically killed themselves and wanted to make sure this wasnt.. sadly from great reviews for months to recently have ,many bad reviews, p2w, being among the reasons why...  thats why im trying get people sign petition, watch the video and hopefully if enough players talk about it we can make this game go back to an actual game people can enjoy for what it is.. not who spent 30 dollars on costumes and mats, that give advantages over other players..

and i get that you feel like people keep talking about it illuminia but thats a bad thing,, we should talk more, like real politics if we dont get anywhere fast we dont just give up... this is worth fighting for...

So you did minimal research on a game you wanted to play bought it on sale before even knowing if you fully wanted to play read 15 mins to read about how p2w some people think it is and now you're here complaining lol? This game is amazing and is alot better then other games i wouldn't consider being able to sell 5 items per week p2w also you can get pets off the marketplace for like 5 million silver people put up or you can get them from events when they do them like the current reward for logging in for like 2 weeks i think it is.... Costumes are awesome the small benefit it gives a player is so minimal there shouldn't be so much complaint.... You can get everything with ingame silver but some how your saying someone has advantages really lol? typical troll trying to say you're not the people that thought it was p2w quit they aren't ever going to take out the option to sell pearl items on the market just get used to it and move along.

Posted

oh look

another one of these threads.

if you think your pointless whining will change anything then I'm sorry. You're not as important as you think you are.

move on buddy.