• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PvP Rated Arena

Do you want rated arenas with fixed stats?   90 votes

1. 1. Do you want rated arenas with fixed stats?

• Yes!
    • HELL YES!!!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone. Devs please give us rated arenas with predefined stats so gear doesn't matter. Combat in this game is too good to be grind gated. Thanks!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

No, pvp arena  sux as hell. Glory to open PvP ! 

Edit : well when this dammit karma system will be reworked

Edited by Nii

Posted (edited)

Yes please I would love 3v3/5v5 arena it would be amazing. There needs to be more PvP in this game! Fixed stats would be a big plus but I wouldn't mind it with normal gear either, just give us more options for smallscale PvP!

Edited by Kazx
2 people like this

Posted

yeah ok. they didn't give a shit about previous 99209482487205735968 suggestions but this one, this one is going to make them cry.

Posted

as much as i would enjoy something like this , even if the ratings dont net any rewards (though it'd be entirely reasonable to implement a seal system like they do for workers and trade and horses etc...) it'd be a nice fun thing to put into the game.

Posted

yeah ok. they didn't give a shit about previous 99209482487205735968 suggestions but this one, this one is going to make them cry.

Well, before release they announced some kind of instanced arena with leaderboards so it's not completely out of -----ing nowhere :D

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, before release they announced some kind of instanced arena with leaderboards so it's not completely out of -----ing nowhere :D

oh boy, before released they also announced that game wouldn't go p2w but as you can see from your own profile pic it did, lets not remember what the game was promised to be before release, it will make us cry.

Posted (edited)

agreed whole-heartedly. No one is saying that they need to get rid of open world, but we need a structured mode option for people serious about competition, with balanced, equal stats from player to player. skill in pvp is about mastery of the class, and understanding of other classes and ones surrounding. Gear has nothing to do with skill.

Edited by jjmagnot
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes please.
1v1 / 3v3 / 5v5 arenas with stat caps and incentives to participate through progression based rewards.

Create a silver sink that means something along the lines of 10000 to particpate in one match, it gets taxed same as AH, Incentive to sell VPs for money for kash kaos salons. Because no way it gets implemented unles some way to get kash kao money

Ranked just like any life skill with a ladder system to have people group up according to their rank, so no one fights top ranker without being a top ranker themselves

weekly and monthly tournies with rewards ranging from straigth up silver, gems, shards, XP/SXP

seals/black essenses/red essenses for individual match rewards for the winner.

enable betting so that players can bet on the results of matches, another silver sink for the masses. winners of bets get 2x,3x,5x the money bet depending on type of match and weekly/monthly torunie

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

+1 !

Corean version already have 3v3 arena rated in a game. Why we cant have it ?

Edited by Angelot
1 person likes this

Posted

No, pvp arena  sux as hell. Glory to open PvP ! 

Edit : well when this dammit karma system will be reworked

it will never be fixed so arena it is

1 person likes this

Posted

They will be releasing a 5v5 arena, it was announced in KR a while ago, and somebody found it in the middle of nowhere in NA. Just be patient. :3

1 person likes this

Posted

The arena being tested with a GM and some randoms

The

1 person likes this

Posted

They will be releasing a 5v5 arena, it was announced in KR a while ago, and somebody found it in the middle of nowhere in NA. Just be patient. :3

The arena being tested with a GM and some randoms

The

That's nice. I remember that I saw this arena on a gamescom or something like that. But from what I see no stat equalization :( Well I guess better this than nothing.

Posted

That's nice. I remember that I saw this arena on a gamescom or something like that. But from what I see no stat equalization :( Well I guess better this than nothing.

that one had star start equalized cuz all players had the same gear xD

I doubt this will be competent equalized though

Posted (edited)

Any structured pvp would be great! Maybe some ctf or holding zones. Node wars a couple hrs a day at set times blows half the time its a free node. For a pvp game it really lacks pvp. Plus they need to either increase xp or rng chance if they want to keep population up. Most people cant be bothered to grind 200hrs for a level past 57

Edited by Gotcha

Posted

The gear/level/buff/number-carried scrublords in this game are afraid to have anything equalized or any bit competitive.

This has been brought up before, and the thread was flooded with their tears.

Posted

The gear/level/buff/number-carried scrublords in this game are afraid to have anything equalized or any bit competitive.

This has been brought up before, and the thread was flooded with their tears.

people dont want all of their time/money invested into the game to be rendered meaningless, that is the main hesitation about adding a equalized pvp arena who's only option is the equalization.

if they did something like theres 3 or 4 queues , 1 or 2 thats not rated , and 2 that are rated.

while personally i love the idea of adding in a equalized pvp arena, i simply do not want the thousands of hours i put into the game to gear and level up be rendered meaningless in what i can only assume would become one of the primary sources of pvp.

Posted

people dont want all of their time/money invested into the game to be rendered meaningless, that is the main hesitation about adding a equalized pvp arena who's only option is the equalization.

if they did something like theres 3 or 4 queues , 1 or 2 thats not rated , and 2 that are rated.

while personally i love the idea of adding in a equalized pvp arena, i simply do not want the thousands of hours i put into the game to gear and level up be rendered meaningless in what i can only assume would become one of the primary sources of pvp.

The funny thing is, neither grinding for the gear or actually using it to overpower an opponent is PvP.

Equalized arena is PvP.

Posted

The funny thing is, neither grinding for the gear or actually using it to overpower an opponent is PvP.

Equalized arena is PvP.

but..this is an MMO not an arena based pvp game.

you're in the wrong here.

Posted

Equalized arena is PvP.

except your wrong neither is "pvp"

pvp is by definition player vs player, meaning if you are fighting another player its pvp, regardless of if it is equalized open world , imbalanced etc...

again, by pushing people to dedicate literally thousands of hours at this point toward gear and levels, then releasing a purely equalized arena and only having that arena in an equalized format would be screwing alot of players over.

again im all for them releasing a arena like this, but dont force people into ONLY playing it as equalized.

will i personally do the equalized one? you bet, but will i only play it? ----- no , im not going to have all of that time money and dedication effectively flushed down the drain, if i wanted to do that i'd quit the game and play something else.

Posted

pvp is by definition player vs player, meaning if you are fighting another player its pvp, regardless of if it is equalized open world , imbalanced etc...

again, by pushing people to dedicate literally thousands of hours at this point toward gear and levels, then releasing a purely equalized arena and only having that arena in an equalized format would be screwing alot of players over.

again im all for them releasing a arena like this, but dont force people into ONLY playing it as equalized.

will i personally do the equalized one? you bet, but will i only play it? ----- no , im not going to have all of that time money and dedication effectively flushed down the drain, if i wanted to do that i'd quit the game and play something else.

I agree with you, this game was a grinding game since the beginning, and there are people who wasted their lives on this game since release, after this point removing the fancy meaning of having ultimate gear in game, and making these people feel like they are actually spoiled kids who just has time and money to play but no skills whatsoever, is not a good idea. I think it should be same as in tera online, both equalized and non-equalized arenas, although players who depend on gear are actually getting the satisfaction they need on open world pvp, but I think it is better to have two ladders, to not give a chance for trolls to cry around.

Posted

but..this is an MMO not an arena based pvp game.
you're in the wrong here.

I'm pretty sure they will have a GvG (Gear versus Gear) option on the arena, too. Plus introducing the arena will not take away the parts of the game that still allows "PvP" between two parties that are not even on the same planet regarding character power.

Fortunately there are plenty of options already to have equalized PvP between like minded parties. No one is forcing you to do equalized PvP, but no one is forcing anyone to do gear-based PvP either.

I just think PvP is not PvP unless both parties have an actual chance of winning. You don't call a retired boxer beating up a cripple on the street a "boxing match".

Posted (edited)

I just think PvP is not PvP unless both parties have an actual chance of winning. You don't call a retired boxer beating up a cripple on the street a "boxing match".

No, it's not indeed, because it has nothing to do with sports competition in this intance. its just a street fight, but nonetheless it brings us close to another form of competition, the one you find in nature, the biologic competition. And nature can be everything but fair.

In the same way,  the model of BDO is not based on said sports competition, which has numerous prerequesites. That's why a lot of games which have a PvP component, whatever it is, are not e-sports eligible (you need motor relevance AND controlled & regulated environment to be e-sports), and has it has been said, PvP just means a player controled character fighring another one, nothing more, nothing less, that's the most factual definition you can have, remember our dear William of Ockham. (If you don't, then you are just pouring values and meanings in a notion which is originally neutral)

It doesn't make such games bad, it's just a different form of competition, biologic competition, the kind you often find in Open PVP / GvG sandboxes like EvE online or Lineage 2 (understand GvG as a way to organise players groups and their interactions, as the opposite of RvR, not just a game mode), and where the regulation occurs on a more global scale, with groups of peers in mind, not individuals, like in an actual ecosystem.

It does not obscure the fact that something can be done for balance anyways (gear , classes and lvl wise).

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0