• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PvP Rated Arena

Do you want rated arenas with fixed stats?   90 votes

1. 1. Do you want rated arenas with fixed stats?

• Yes!
    • HELL YES!!!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

No, it's not indeed, because it has nothing to do with sports competition in this intance. its just a street fight, but nonetheless it brings us close to another form of competition, the one you find in nature, the biologic competition. And nature can be everything but fair.

In the same way,  the model of BDO is not based on said sports competition, which has numerous prerequesites. That's why a lot of games which have a PvP component, whatever it is, are not e-sports eligible (you need motor relevance AND controlled & regulated environment to be e-sports), and has it has been said, PvP just means a player controled character fighring another one, nothing more, nothing less, that's the most factual definition you can have, remember our dear William of Ockham. (If you don't, then you are just pouring values and meanings in a notion which is originally neutral)

It doesn't make such games bad, it's just a different form of competition, biologic competition, the kind you often find in Open PVP / GvG sandboxes like EvE online or Lineage 2 (understand GvG as a way to organise players groups and their interactions, as the opposite of RvR, not just a game mode), and where the regulation occurs on a more global scale, with groups of peers in mind, not individuals, like in an actual ecosystem.

It does not obscure the fact that something can be done for balance anyways (gear , classes and lvl wise).

Never said BDO is a bad game. It's just my opinion that smashing a player with an insurmountable gear advantage is not PvP. You can have your own definition by all means.

1 person likes this

Posted

people who wants fair pvp in MMOs are just failed PVP players, probably can't compete in FPS,MOBAS or fighting game, so they come to MMOs and request equalized gears and they think they'll compete, guess what , you couln'd in any other game, you won't here either, gears or not.

good luck.

play mmos like they are intended to be played , over a long period of time, with gear progression.
stop trying to ruin the genre with fckign instanced arena everywhere. this ain't an arena type game.
arena is fine , if it is not gear equalized and limited ( like RBF ) so you can't just queu up all day.
want nice arena-based game ? try blade and soul / vindictus 

I don't play NHL and request EA to implement more bowling in the game just because I like bowling better, I find a bowling game instead.

-Sizer is out.

Never said BDO is a bad game. It's just my opinion that smashing a player with an insurmountable gear advantage is not PvP. You can have your own definition by all means.

Posted

Words have meaning, subjectivity has its limits. No, you can't have your own definition for everything, otherwise nobody would be able to comminicate, and words, their meanings and their usage would be dumbled down

I can call a table "a chair" if I like to, but it won't change tha fact that what I call "a chair" is a table actually.

When in doubt, always refer to Ockham : the simplest definition is the best. Player versus player. Evrerything is in these 3 words : a player fighting another player. And that's all.

Then, the context and modalities of said event (Player A fighting players B) helps you determining what kind of PvP you're dealing with, because there are numerous indeed (equalized or not, esports eligible or not, arena, BG, RvR, GvG, PK ...)

Posted

people who wants fair pvp in MMOs are just failed PVP players, probably can't compete in FPS,MOBAS or fighting game, so they come to MMOs and request equalized gears and they think they'll compete, guess what , you couln'd in any other game, you won't here either, gears or not.

good luck.

play mmos like they are intended to be played , over a long period of time, with gear progression.
stop trying to ruin the genre with fckign instanced arena everywhere. this ain't an arena type game.
arena is fine , if it is not gear equalized and limited ( like RBF ) so you can't just queu up all day.
want nice arena-based game ? try blade and soul / vindictus 

I don't play NHL and request EA to implement more bowling in the game just because I like bowling better, I find a bowling game instead.

-Sizer is out.

All these genres you are talking about has no connection with each other on any basis (it is just they are games, on pc or ps/xbox), to be good at skill based pvp what you need to practice is pvp, not grinding 10000 of these and that monster a day, you can not say that practicing on mobs makes you better at pvp, it has no connection, especially on bdo when you include factor of desync, 

I am not saying your idea of mmo is bad, It is good it is fun, for anybody who has time to play games, at least 3-4 hours a day, you can not disagree on that, to have a satisfying pvp experience ( i mean not getting one shotted in a second without any space for reaction ) you need to have the gear, to have the gear you need to grind, while grinding you have to compete against other players, ok we all get what the game is, it is just, there is no time for some people to do it every day. People who has a family life, students, someone who has to work more than 8-10 hours a day, can not do that, and if someone comes and says "oh mate i work 10 hours a day i have a wife and 3 kids and i still find time" I will tell him to go ----- himself cuz probably he is a 15 years old kid who is just trying to gain attention. Without your wife divorcing you, without failing your exams, you just can not spend 4 hours a day at least to a computer game, that is the reality of life, if you think that you are managing it then your life is not real.

I really enjoy the arena that is equalized in between friends, you can not imagine the fun I have in that, and I play like that for an hour a day it is just perfect, only problem is since we are not many people, combat experience becomes repetitive after a point, and i just have the feeling of my opponent's next move all the time, so this kind of equalized arena with ranked ladder would be nice for casual players like myself to enjoy one and only aspect of the game, it is not going to change anything for players like you, who are into "competitive" side of bdo (open world pvp, guild stuff etc..) because casual players are not involved in that side anyway, we don't even see each on that side. So what you are saying is basically " wow, hell no, you shouldn't enjoy this game in the way you want, you have to follow what we are doing" and I just don't understand this attitude, why "competitive" bdo players cares so much about something which going to appeal to only casual players, whom has no significant effect on politics, economy etc...

Posted (edited)

People who has a family life, students, someone who has to work more than 8-10 hours a day, can not do that, and if someone comes and says "oh mate i work 10 hours a day i have a wife and 3 kids and i still find time" I will tell him to go ----- himself cuz probably he is a 15 years old kid who is just trying to gain attention. Without your wife divorcing you, without failing your exams, you just can not spend 4 hours a day at least to a computer game, that is the reality of life, if you think that you are managing it then your life is not real.

maybe you shoul'nd play long-lasting mmo if your life takes up so much time,
I work in a office 40-50h a week , been playing since launch and the last thing I want is equalized gears arena, because it doesnt fit THIS game.

I played TERA for 3years and the moment they introduced arena with equalized gears the game died and became a casual , i log in 1 hour a day and do battleground.
ALL OF THIS HUGE ASS MAP to sit in town and queue for battleground , so much waste.

plenty of other games that would fulfill your need to play 1-2hour a day and feel competitive, MMOs aren't those ( with some exeptions )

here is what happens when they introduce equalized pvp.

people stop going out of town because hey let's try that new stuff ( arena )

everyone stop gearing up, castle siege dies , long time players quits because no competition

mostly casuals gamers left , they log in 2-3h per day do their battleground and log off.

after a while, people start to wonder if battleground is worth it, 

they go out and DEMANDS for better rewards for equalized battleground since it's the only thing to do in BDO anymore.

congrats you can now log in 2hours a day do your battlegrounds and get gears that way.
BDO is dead.

Edited by Sizer

Posted (edited)

maybe you shoul'nd play long-lasting mmo if your life takes up so much time,I work in a office 40-50h a week , been playing since launch and the last thing I want is equalized gears arena, because it doesnt fit THIS game.

I played TERA for 3years and the moment they introduced arena with equalized gears the game died and became a casual , i log in 1 hour a day and do battleground.
ALL OF THIS HUGE ASS MAP to sit in town and queue for battleground , so much waste.

plenty of other games that would fulfill your need to play 1-2hour a day and feel competitive, MMOs aren't those ( with some exeptions )

everyone stop gearing up, castle siege dies , long time players quits because no competition

mostly casuals gamers left , they log in 2-3h per day do their battleground and log off.

they go out and DEMANDS for better rewards for equalized battleground since it's the only thing to do in BDO anymore.

congrats you can now log in 2hours a day do your battlegrounds and get gears that way.
BDO is dead.

yes but in tera as i remember you would get a reward, like a seal or something, to get a better gear/weapon, what I want as casual  player, is just a ranked ladder, no rewards required, so in this case, when gear can be obtained only from open world grinding and grinding related pvp and also crafting, why would someone who is level 60 with full ult. gear and everything would like to go and hang around in an arena like this? it is something totally useless for those who are already competitive, and as I said considering casual vs competitive situation, game is already dead because those two won't meet each other anywhere, for example only time that I play this game is when i am at arena which is free of competitive players, and when I am afk fishing, I can level only on weekends, basically all you want is to force casual players to be folder characters in this story so you can satisfy your ego with your gear. 

To be honest if there was like 20-30 more players like me ( right now we are 3) who enjoys arena, I wouldn't ask for anything else, I wouldn't even care if there is a ranked ladder or not, as long as there was a community we would know who is good at what, but it is not easy to create this community, there should be something that gathers us together.And that is all I want to have, rest of the game is fine.

Edited by Zoro

Posted

I'm pretty sure they will have a GvG (Gear versus Gear) option on the arena, too. Plus introducing the arena will not take away the parts of the game that still allows "PvP" between two parties that are not even on the same planet regarding character power.

Fortunately there are plenty of options already to have equalized PvP between like minded parties. No one is forcing you to do equalized PvP, but no one is forcing anyone to do gear-based PvP either.

I just think PvP is not PvP unless both parties have an actual chance of winning. You don't call a retired boxer beating up a cripple on the street a "boxing match".

again , the point i was getting across is that if they ONLY introduced the rated arena in a equalized setting and had unique rewards to it etc..... then it would not be fair to all the other people who actually put in the time and effort to level up a character and get gear etc...

if they made an arena where anybody could just make any class hop into the arena on a level 1 , magically have all their skills maxed and effectively be a level 59, guess what they'd do, they'd ONLY do that and not spend THOUSANDS of hours grinding up for gear/money/levels.

yes both parties should have an equal chance of winning which is why, as i stated already, i would not be opposed to a equalized setting. but im not going to just sit there and let people claim that anybody who does not  ONLY want a equalized version implemented into the game at this point called a p2w no life scrub who has no skill for their class.

IF they implement a rated arena with rewards and a more stable instance for it etc... they NEED to have again 2 to 4 options.

either 1 rated equalized and 1 rated non equalized, or 2 rated and 2 not rated  one equalized and one non equalized each.

if they pulled something like that theres going to be a large portion of the community not happy because they would have pushed us for 8+ months to spend real money on cash shop for this or that and art memory and grinding and farming etc... for money and exp and gear then make it all literally worthless.

Posted

again , the point i was getting across is that if they ONLY introduced the rated arena in a equalized setting and had unique rewards to it etc..... then it would not be fair to all the other people who actually put in the time and effort to level up a character and get gear etc...

if they made an arena where anybody could just make any class hop into the arena on a level 1 , magically have all their skills maxed and effectively be a level 59, guess what they'd do, they'd ONLY do that and not spend THOUSANDS of hours grinding up for gear/money/levels.

yes both parties should have an equal chance of winning which is why, as i stated already, i would not be opposed to a equalized setting. but im not going to just sit there and let people claim that anybody who does not  ONLY want a equalized version implemented into the game at this point called a p2w no life scrub who has no skill for their class.

IF they implement a rated arena with rewards and a more stable instance for it etc... they NEED to have again 2 to 4 options.

either 1 rated equalized and 1 rated non equalized, or 2 rated and 2 not rated  one equalized and one non equalized each.

if they pulled something like that theres going to be a large portion of the community not happy because they would have pushed us for 8+ months to spend real money on cash shop for this or that and art memory and grinding and farming etc... for money and exp and gear then make it all literally worthless.

solution is simple,

1- level limit for arena, perhaps 56+ (to use the awakenings also)

2-two kinds of arenas, non-equalized, equalized and two different rank ladders,

3-there is no reward for equalized arena (just titles), and there is a reward for non-equalized arena (some kind of package of black stones+memory fragments etc.., as if doing a daily quest)

4-It is allowed to go equalized arena as much as you want, and non-equalized arena 2-3 times a day.

everybody is happy, open world pvp won't die, casual players who wants to do pvp will do what they like,simple as that. No need to mimic what other games did, and fuk up the game, I want equalized arena just to fight against more players and improve my skills, I don't care about rewards, anyone who truly enjoys skill based combat wouldn't care about rewards, reward is the game itself.

Posted

solution is simple,

1- level limit for arena, perhaps 56+ (to use the awakenings also)

2-two kinds of arenas, non-equalized, equalized and two different rank ladders,

3-there is no reward for equalized arena (just titles), and there is a reward for non-equalized arena (some kind of package of black stones+memory fragments etc.., as if doing a daily quest)

4-It is allowed to go equalized arena as much as you want, and non-equalized arena 2-3 times a day.

everybody is happy, open world pvp won't die, casual players who wants to do pvp will do what they like,simple as that. No need to mimic what other games did, and fuk up the game, I want equalized arena just to fight against more players and improve my skills, I don't care about rewards, anyone who truly enjoys skill based combat wouldn't care about rewards, reward is the game itself.

1- the level limit would help a little, but the fact remains that hitting 56 takes like maybe 4 hours of actual grinding , even for a new player (all a new player needs is the jerrets accessories from the new player rewards that will come back after the merge) so that does not do much for the other people. if level 56's got scaled up to effective 59 or 60 for skills then they'd just do that all day and not bother with pve if they were not interested in it in the first place.

2- basically exactly what i said they'd need to do

3-that i'm cool with, let people who want to brag about how good they are with their class get nothing that impact their character and just get a derpy title or w/e. and making the rewards for the non equalized ladder something small but nice, like you said black stones or seals or frags etc... nothing massive just convenience.

4- i'd say dont limit the amount of times people could go into the non equalized ladder but simply limit the amount of times they can get rewards a day, like making the quest repeatable 3 times a day but dont prevent them from going in. no reason to prevent people from enjoying themselves in an arena 

but yes all i am saying is claiming people who want a non-equalized arena and not only a equalized are horrible at the game and only want to get gear carried is a horrible accusation to make at this stage of the game. if this was still in beta etc..... and it was something that would be implemented at launch then i'd understand that, but saying that at this point is kinda ridiculous. 

Posted

Equalized arenas are pretty much impossible right now. What I hope they do strive for are gear score brackets similar to what rev does and pretty much the only thing I like about that game.

Arenas start at 250 gs level 50 requirement and increase by 100 GS per bracket. Allow awakening from second bracket onwards. Give an rng box with black stones, mem frags, hards, sharps, crystals depending on bracket.

Allow betting as a silver sink, max bets per bracket, allow observation and a system to allow players to report fighters just feeding each other kills,

Let's do dis.

Posted

Yeah this conversation is going in circles (like all Internet conversations) so I'll take my leave. PA will make their own decision whether or not to implement a gear equalized version.

We will make our own decisions whether we participate or not.

Posted

gear score bracketed arenas is a good start. See how it goes and move forward from there. its not boss geared people I worry about, its the guy with TRI Ogre rings and TET Crescents blahblahblah that concern me. That is simply a rich man advantage.

Posted

Hello everyone. Devs please give us rated arenas with predefined stats so gear doesn't matter. Combat in this game is too good to be grind gated. Thanks!

ABSOLUTELY YES !!!!

That's the good PvP I was talking about !!!

Posted (edited)

maybe you shoul'nd play long-lasting mmo if your life takes up so much time,I work in a office 40-50h a week , been playing since launch and the last thing I want is equalized gears arena, because it doesnt fit THIS game.

BDO is dead.

I made that post because I don't like the fact that right now I can't really enjoy PvP because I need to play PvE first which I don't like much.But I see your point. I didn't thought about it this way. Maybe equalization isnt that good for the game overall. But I would like to see some balance in arenas like lowering the gap between gear enhancement levels(only for arenas ofc). So hardcore players will still have slight advantage but not that big like in owpvp. For me personally rating and titles and maybe cometics are enough as a reward no gear needed. 

(Sorry for my eng)

Edited by Garuwashi

Posted

Toggles.thumb.jpg.53afc851dc2559bf7ab15a

I don't think I've ever had an issue with having more PvP modes.

If KEKao games could afford using a separate server for PvP, whether that PvP be instanced arenas like the example above;whether that PvP be nodewar-specific channels, it could potentially help reduce the lag everyone experiences in game. Fact of the matter is, we'll never avoid afk players in a game that encourages such a variety of input-less activities, and as such PvP is going to suck regardless of what pipe dreams we (as a player base) have. but I digress

A PvP arena could easily have a toggle for anything people currently dislike. 
Don't like potion spam? turn off items. Don't want some idiot interrupting your matches? turn on the password, or turn off late joining. Your gear sucks? make it equalized. You want to "put someone in their place";You want to show off the months of Epeen buffing you did? you better believe there's a toggle for that. Have some complaint that didn't get listed? explain your issue, and then solve your own problem by suggesting a toggle for it.

After that's all said and done, what is left for people to fight over with regards to PvP?

Class imbalance? ice skating opponents? skills that just plain don't work right?
actual issues!?

Posted

PvP arena with predefined gears & stats = afk glore for end of season freebies

PVP arena with own gears & stats = empty arena to a degree

so... I say,

Make some areas auto-flagged without question LIKE SASUANS or PIRATES

so OPEN WORLD PVP without punishment on heavily contested places ! :)

1 person likes this

Posted

PvP arena with predefined gears & stats = afk glore for end of season freebies

PVP arena with own gears & stats = empty arena to a degree

so... I say,

Make some areas auto-flagged without question LIKE SASUANS or PIRATES

so OPEN WORLD PVP without punishment on heavily contested places ! :)

changing '' contested area '' when everyone gets flagged with no penalty for x amount of time X time of day , X day.

that would be nice. all of the other zones you need to flag yourself to pvp.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As long as they remove all storytline quests from those autoflag areas, sure.

Edited by Thomas Gore

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0