• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What should I get now, Ultimate Gale or go for max Divided?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

If you're lacking PvE sustain you can grab Divider, it's useless in PvP though... Occasionally the knockback can reset someones' CC immunity and let you double stun them for shits n gigs but other than that, hardly any damage. Grab Tiger Blade, useful for escaping, decent damage output, amazingly useful when fighting warriors, just face tank their damage and use the dragonclaw burst to shave off chunks of their HP. 

Get charged stub arrow maxed, useful as shit, and the max rank increases the range of the charged stubby by a lot, you can stand way outside wizards range and stiffen them, useful in GvGs when one is casting blizzard or some shit and you don't wanna chase through it to CC them.

Grab Cyclone Slash when you can, it's not very high priority but its a nice little CC you can catch ppl off guard with, its very hard to see when it hits its max range, it almost vanishes completely, but will still CC them. 

Other than that you're fine, start saving for awakening skills, or throw your SP into useless skills like I'm doing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree with divider being useless in pvp. The quick attacks with no cd on the cc means you can chase into divider when trying to catch a ranger or wizard without knocking them down or wasting abilities that have a cooldown. I do agree that charged arrow is immensely more important. But if you get spare so with not much else to spec into divider is a really nice combo skill. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree with divider being useless in pvp. The quick attacks with no cd on the cc means you can chase into divider when trying to catch a ranger or wizard without knocking them down or wasting abilities that have a cooldown. I do agree that charged arrow is immensely more important. But if you get spare so with not much else to spec into divider is a really nice combo skill. 

I guess I have to agree... It's not useless, it's just bad for damage... I use it myself to knock people out of a Dragonbite stun so I can chase cancel them into a Blooming stun, but other than that I don't ever hit E for anything in PvP. Unless I'm drunk and mashing keys. 

Posted (edited)

I guess I have to agree... It's not useless, it's just bad for damage... I use it myself to knock people out of a Dragonbite stun so I can chase cancel them into a Blooming stun, but other than that I don't ever hit E for anything in PvP. Unless I'm drunk and mashing keys. 

oh yeh, damage wise it's pathetic. But if a ranger is spamming call to the sky's the only real counter I've found to that is divider spam. 

Also why chase cancel into blooming rather than blind thrust? 

Edited by Cryptid

Posted

oh yeh, damage wise it's pathetic. But if a ranger is spamming call to the sky's the only real counter I've found to that is divider spam. 

Also why chase cancel into blooming rather than blind thrust? 

that works to but canceling blind thrust out of divider always seems to act all wonky, it doesn't cancel correctly like... The timing for it is off after you cast divider, so I've found it easier to just chase forward and immediately cancel blooming. 

Posted

that works to but canceling blind thrust out of divider always seems to act all wonky, it doesn't cancel correctly like... The timing for it is off after you cast divider, so I've found it easier to just chase forward and immediately cancel blooming. 

I had the same problem at the start, but if you wait a split second rather than trying to start blind thrust straight away then you can avoid the stupid last hit from divider. I suppose it's just preference at the end of the day, but I've never been able to consistently pull off chase blooming cancel.

Posted

I don't know which arrows should I use if charged or normal, I got double shot, so I should max the charged stun enhacend? The explosion

Posted

I don't know which arrows should I use if charged or normal, I got double shot, so I should max the charged stun enhacend? The explosion

max charged, the range increase is extremely useful, and the explosion means if you miss by a little it'll still hit them, get triple shot when you can to, another chance to stiffen should be passed on. 

Posted

I really struggle to put Gale anywhere in a rotation and regret getting the 41 point Ultimate.  Even using the instant cancel with Forward Thrust it just seems very lackluster damage that doesn't move enemy bars compared to almost any other ability we have. 

Posted

I really struggle to put Gale anywhere in a rotation and regret getting the 41 point Ultimate.  Even using the instant cancel with Forward Thrust it just seems very lackluster damage that doesn't move enemy bars compared to almost any other ability we have. 

Canceling it is extremely little damage, using the whole thing is also meh damage, the whole thing isn't bad but unless it floats them on the very first hit and you get air attacks on all of the following hits, it's very little damage, if it does float on the first hit, it's a decent chunk, like 1/3rd of their bar, but it never floats on the first hit... Ever. I use it to cancel after blind thrust for the CC if Blooming is on cooldown, so my Gale is only rank 1. 

Posted (edited)

Indeed Gale isn't really good, i only use it when all of my other hard hitters are on cd (yes, when you fight tanky classes, resisting your stunlock, you might need to spam whatever is available after a cc), so i do a quick BT into Gale when i'm out of skills, but divider can do the trick just as well. Imo Gale should be left at rank 1 and that's it.

Also, @PandaPolishesPotatos thanks for that tip regarding Divider canceling stun cc inmunity, didn't know it, might have to give it a try, and come up with new combos :)

Edited by SinisterSaints

Posted

Indeed Gale isn't really good, i only use it when all of my other hard hitters are on cd (yes, when you fight tanky classes, resisting your stunlock, you might need to spam whatever is available after a cc), so i do a quick BT into Gale when i'm out of skills, but divider can do the trick just as well. Imo Gale should be left at rank 1 and that's it.

Also, @PandaPolishesPotatos thanks for that tip regarding Divider canceling stun cc inmunity, didn't know it, might have to give it a try, and come up with new combos :)

No problem, though watch out for the desync cause Divider is a knockback and the desync is real with knockbacks, and if you don't immediately CC them afterwards they'll be able to I-frame or roll out, you have to be on the ball when you do it, and then if it doesn't knock them back you're really screwed cause you just wasted any opportunity to float them. I really only use Divider to continue a long drawn out chain if I'm fighting someone with no CC resists, or someone who doesn't really have a hope in hell of killing me. You're just risking to much to use it on competent geared players, and it's safer to just Stun-Float, as opposed to Stun-Stun-Float, at least in my opinion, better cautious than dead.  

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0