• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So what killed this game?

90 posts in this topic

Posted

Haven't been on in 3 months. What happened? Noone is barely online anymore and my guild is GG

Posted

prolly your guild just disbanded.plenty people playing at least on edan where i play at

Posted

Hmmm, I play on Orwen, and the server has plenty of people.  Try a few other channels, and make some new friends :)

Posted

Nothing killed it, Servers are packed with Players.

11 people like this

Posted

Haven't been on in 3 months. What happened? Noone is barely online anymore and my guild is GG

When new game comes out there is always the hyped people that plays a few weeks or months then leave. The game isnt dead although if it didnt have such a high RNG factor on Gear progression im sure the playerbase would be skyrocking.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game has losta number of players because of the cash shop change. But its far from dead lol (to my knowledge) Guilds like luciform died out

Posted

LOL another crazy thread about someone thinking the game dead cuz their guild is. I play Orwen and I literally cant find a grinding spot. Uno is packed with first channel constantly on "crowded". I also see many, many people loving the cash shop so that's another bullshit idea that the P2W crowd has made up. Some guilds disband because they were disorganized and garbage from the beginning.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Population are good. But if you want a hardcore pvp siege . you will be very sad that actualy compétition not exist.

High-gear stay with High-gear.

Medium-gear cannot hit high-gear. so medium gear avoids siege and try to get opponent on node war lv2 but no found.

High-gear not do Node war. so High-gear no have fight cause no opponent for pvp.

Low-gear guild try lv1 but some Medium-gear do lv 1 for find opponent. so Low-gear avoids node war and play without this feature.

Finaly all are boring and high-gear guild dispand and go on a other game or leave thier guild for enter on a medium/low-gear for show thier gear..

So what killed this game ?

competitiveness and gear-stair.

Edited by Catastigma
4 people like this

Posted

Nothing is dead...
In Jordine every channel is packed...
Come back in  another 3 months for a server status report...

1 person likes this

Posted

MERGE is coming get ready. Only Edan and Jordine are doing well. 

It's going to be a golden age for at least a month and then a big drop off with less content.

Posted

The population is nothing like the mad rush and jam packed areas we saw in day 1 of the CBT.

BDO hit several barriers and bled off a lot of the initial playerbase.

Bad PR and negative reviews from hundreds of known reviewers and Internet personalities hit Daum/PA hard.

The devs and Publishers did a very poor job of spin control.

So now there is a major decrease in newer players trying the game, and the general feeling of hopelessness caused by seemingly unending grinding and a seemingly insurmountable gear curve drove many others away.

So now what we are left with are those players who:

1. Are already highly invested and are already at the top of the power pyramid.

2. Players who don't care at all about competitiveness.

3. Whales

4. Trolls

5.  And other sporadic casuals.

The forums are pretty clear about what the customer base wants, but the devs are either slow to respond, or are fooled by people who are already on top and vehemently try and block any suggestions made to improve the game.

10 people like this

Posted

Maybe the other people in your guild all assumed that everyone else would keep it going in their absence, just like you apparently did.

But rest assured, the game is still alive and well even if your guild is dead and gone.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do people compare populated areas as to how it was on the first few days. Of course everything looked packed since no one had lvled up decently enough to move far away from initial start up. At first we had bunch of people just trying the game and there's always a bunch who decide to go back to ArcheAge/WoW/ GW2 after trying a and it didn't meet their standards. As of now, I think the population is looking good. I saw it go down a bit during the crying fest we had with the P2W fiasco.

Posted

Lmao "Killed the game"

Posted (edited)

Nothing is dead...
In Jordine every channel is packed...
Come back in  another 3 months for a server status report...

I have a Character in Jordine and its really populated. I was surprised. I have a main in Orwen and population there is really nice. I also have a character in UNO and when the channel reads "crowded" it feels like the first few days of BDO before the server expansion. That's another thing people are not taking into account, the amount of extra channels created with extra room. If they didn't do that we would be having login queue times right now. I'm glad KAKAO didn't make through that bullshit like ArcheAge did to create hype about how packed the game was. It as almost a month of log in queues like BnS, just to make people buy special passes to be in first.

Edited by Slasher
1 person likes this

Posted

I have a Character in Jordine and its really populated. I was surprised. I have a main in Orwen and population there is really nice. I also have a character in UNO and when the channel reads "crowded" it feels like the first few days of BDO before the server expansion. That's another thing people are not taking into account, the amount of extra channels created with extra room. If they didn't do that we would be having login queue times right now. I'm glad KAKAO didn't make through that bullshit like ArcheAge did to create hype about how packed the game was. It as almost a month of log in queues like BnS, just to make people buy special passes to be in first.

Mind getting screen shots of those crowded channels, because I have yet to see one since they did the "channel expansion" on any NA server and that includes looking at them during NA prime time for both east coast and west coast. Then in actual game I still see far more AFK than people actually playing. I see far less conflict in grind spots, and spots where I'd regularly see people I see almost no one

Posted

Just had the most fun region war on UNO in 3 weeks and there were guilds fielding 50+ players. Nothing is dead, it has less players, but we even had 2 CHANNELS crowded the other day because of the sale

Posted

OP's insignificant guild is gone, thus game is dead, obviously. 9_9

Hahahahahah thanks for the laugh.

Posted

RNG is slowly killing it. RNG already killed pvp. Try messing with someone with a TET when you only have PRI. You'll get pked in one shot. That's not pvp and there is no skill or gameplay required. Just grind your life away and one shot people that never had a chance. Ain't no body got time for that.

I have no clue why people stick up for this crap. I guess you have nothing better to do with your lives. I'll stick to being casual and afking till enough people get fed up and leave the game; so Daum has to get off their butts and fix their screwed up RNG and realize american markets hate RNG and it has killed every korean game. Don't they realize they are losing to a decade year old game because of their greedy tactics? Yes I brought up wow that is still cost more than BDO and has a sub fee with infintely more customers.

People could be pvping right now insteading of grinding mindlessly but whats the point of showing up to a pvp if you don't have TRI and above.

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG is slowly killing it. RNG already killed pvp. Try messing with someone with a TET when you only have PRI. You'll get pked in one shot. That's not pvp and there is no skill or gameplay required. Just grind your life away and one shot people that never had a chance. Ain't no body got time for that.

I have no clue why people stick up for this crap. I guess you have nothing better to do with your lives. I'll stick to being casual and afking till enough people get fed up and leave the game; so Daum has to get off their butts and fix their screwed up RNG and realize american markets hate RNG and it has killed every korean game. Don't they realize they are losing to a decade year old game because of their greedy tactics? Yes I brought up wow that is still cost more than BDO and has a sub fee with infintely more customers.

People could be pvping right now insteading of grinding mindlessly but whats the point of showing up to a pvp if you don't have TRI and above.

Those players who are sitting at the top of the gear ladder have invested significant time and or money to get that level of gear. There are those that claim it's quick and easy to get Tet Boss gear, but by and large they are full of crap.

Players who play for a few hours a week will not soon be able to make up the difference. Let's say these players put in 20 hours a week into the game.

If it takes them From launch until today to acquire that one penultimate gear set, it will take everyone else around 2x that length of time. Most players will leave an MMO long before that period of time. 

So to have that cool stuff the boss gear needs have you got to be a no-lifer, a whale, or be VERY lucky. So odds are good that most players will never reach the point the top players reached two months ago.

Fun for the people on the top, but not conducive to atttacting newer players or retaining casuals.

Posted

Orwen server here, and I see plenty of people out and about, including new players (or new accounts).....although I do see a LOT of afk fishing, auto-looping, and what not, but the towns are pretty populated in Heidel on just about every channel

It's expected for the "crowd" to die-down to a degree X - amount of months into a "new" game, until it settles into the "actual" "bdo-population"

Posted

The forums are pretty clear about what the customer base wants, but the devs are either slow to respond, or are fooled by people who are already on top and vehemently try and block any suggestions made to improve the game.

So..... does this mean Plunge is "already on top"? xD Since she tends to be negative about any negative feedback or even constructive criticism (not saying there's not obvious trolls, ofc there are but yeah..... not all of threads viewing something in BDO as negative in some aspect(s) is <.<).

Posted

So..... does this mean Plunge is "already on top"? xD Since she tends to be negative about any negative feedback or even constructive criticism (not saying there's not obvious trolls, ofc there are but yeah..... not all of threads viewing something in BDO as negative in some aspect(s) is <.<).

I dont know her Gearscore, so couldn't say.

Posted

Lot's of players on UNO.  Numbers have been increasing.  It seems to me to be common for a new game to loose players after a few months of launch and some of the so called "No p2w" crowed left the game when they couldn't convince the company that they should be the only players to gain an advantage from factors that are external to the game (both time and money are external factors that give players some advantage and BDO allows both).

Posted

Well you tell us - you're the one who left.