• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Berserker vs Warrior. Who's more fun/better?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Now that awakenings are being released, I felt like coming back from my months long break.  I kind of wanted to start fresh with a new character, and wanted some thoughts on which class is better.  Can someone tell me their strengths and weaknesses regarding PVE and PVP, and also which class is more fun?

Posted (edited)

You won't like this answer, but "fun" is purely down to YOU and your playsyle.  You wont' get an appreciation of either classes awakenings, but basic playstyle you can take from levelling to 50 in a few days, you will miss out on a lot of skill-points if you power-level which will hurt you when you awaken. 

Playstyle changes when you start using awakenings so things like Warrior's slow/poor PvE levelling disappear when you get GS, zerks are good in PvE with or without awakening.  Like I said, it's entirely down to personal preference.  I have a 50 War and 53 Zerk, I don't like either playstyle so didn't bother grinding for awakening :)

Edited by Cyrus Glitch
1 person likes this

Posted

Trick question. Ninja always wins

Being serious,  I sugget playing both class . Noone here could tell you which class to like

Posted (edited)

As Cyrus said, it is down to your playstyle and what suits you, in my pvp mind - i prefer being a 'tank' like class with added 'uniqueness' so i choose zerker, and the awakening of a zerk just suits me down to a T, a yolo kinda class, flying all over the place risking arms and legs in initiating the opponent. Zerker reminds me of a kung fu master on a larger tankier scale, it's just amazing, but i'm biased (59 zerker) - Warrior (some may disagree but my personal opinion of my warrior opponents) i feel are like a passive class, they sit and wait for their opening which is generally that sword thrusting ability (technical term) with the zerk i go and hunt for that opening, but that's just me, i'm not sure if that applies if you prefer to play like Chelsea against Barcelona (champions league 2012) 

Try both, it's really easy to get to 50 and within 18 hours or so (total played time) you can be 56 just give them a try.

Edited by Redlx

Posted

I'll give you a partial answer.

The warrior is hands down the more powerful character. I done some pretty extensive testing now ( me and my friend both level 57 my awakening duo his +14 he is way stronger than me alreayd lol)and I can say without a doubt the warrior is a stronger PVE class period (99% of what you do is pve in this game the leveling gets sooo slow).

I don't know what you will find more fun but I am most likely done with my beserker the awakening was a huge let down in terms of power and the radical change in playstyles and animations etc...the new fist mode just isnt fun to play imho. Like its okay but one of your bread and butter moves is you pullng squating and up dirt for your animation. so a few of the new fist moves are cool a few are kinda poor looking, and it is atleast at level 57 less effective for grinding, at higher levels it will outscale the axes so if you like the fist animations it would be worth it.

Me I am about to reroll i am that disapointed by the animations of the fists i truly loved swinging the big axes the sounds, the  visuals, and now I am constantly pulling up dirt. and doing the same 1-2 punch animation.

Posted (edited)

I left pre-val but decided to hop on 4 days ago despite hating the p2w aspects that were implemented. I've got a 55 warrior & took my 55 giant to 56 for cannons. I enjoyed both play styles but the giant wins. If your undecided maybe watch some videos on both to get an idea on what your signing up for.

Best of luck

You really cant go based off what other people define as "fun" If you take a look at the post above I completely disagree with him/her. Giants play style is fun for me & because I have fun playing him that makes my grinding fun...whenever I grind I never look at the % bar...ever because im just there having fun.

Edited by Psylint

Posted

I'll keep all your suggestions in mind.  Well I've always enjoyed the "technical" aspects of a character to determine fun.  The more buttons you can press (in a controlled way), the better.

Posted

Zerk is harder to learn, weaker until you learn it, about same power level once you get your skills down, aside from warrior having 'I win' black spirit skill vs zerks non factor blk spirit skill

1 person likes this

Posted

I left pre-val but decided to hop on 4 days ago despite hating the p2w aspects that were implemented. I've got a 55 warrior & took my 55 giant to 56 for cannons. I enjoyed both play styles but the giant wins. If your undecided maybe watch some videos on both to get an idea on what your signing up for.

Best of luck

You really cant go based off what other people define as "fun" If you take a look at the post above I completely disagree with him/her. Giants play style is fun for me & because I have fun playing him that makes my grinding fun...whenever I grind I never look at the % bar...ever because im just there having fun.

Maybe u take your warrior to56too and compare afterwards. at those low levels warrior is way better. Starting at 59+skill+gear giants come close, like PyroAmos said.

Posted

Maybe u take your warrior to56too and compare afterwards. at those low levels warrior is way better. Starting at 59+skill+gear giants come close, like PyroAmos said.

Appreciate your advice. I was only mentioning my preference between warrior and the berserker. This post by me was about personal preference and mine is a berserker because I enjoy that classes play style over the warrior, regardless of the awakening weapon and what I consider to be a fun class to play. There is no better.

Posted (edited)

I read some people thinking of warrior as a passive class, well I can assure passive is not what we do lol, the good warriors I have fought are dudes who excel at countering,baiting and quick weapon switching.

A passive warrior will be swamped and drawn into moves by a more proactive warrior. most people think warriors are OP because they fight too aggressively, you gotta fight them surreptitiously, draw warriors into mistakes.

A beserker is pretty wild and open, they make up forit with pretty gnarly combos and unrelenting charging around, in my experience they are the most aggresive and less prone to defense than anybody else

Edited by Gryllz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0