• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Event penguin has wrong talent? bug or wrong description for weeks?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

one was level 10, the other was level 1.  unless you can prove smashing them togeather at level 10 matters, i'll do them how i do them. I've smashed enough togeather at level 1 and havne't noticed a difference. 

You don't get it, it is not even about breeding chances, it is about waiting for the new penguin to reach Lv10 and gain a skill then breeding while you have 2x skills to decide to keep or not... yes you are happy with that 3% combat xp but for other occasions this is why you wait till 10.

Posted

You don't get it, it is not even about breeding chances, it is about waiting for the new penguin to reach Lv10 and gain a skill then breeding while you have 2x skills to decide to keep or not... yes you are happy with that 3% combat xp but for other occasions this is why you wait till 10.

aint nobody got time for that

Posted

aint nobody got time for that

true that, grats the new pet.

Posted

Most likely it is a premature reference to this upcoming KR pet change:

iE5UNzx.jpg

btw they changed the HP skill from dogs to another skill after some patches...dunno what it was i think lifeskill or so. i think the + HP was to OP ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

Auto-fishing reduce is the special ability of all penguins (for Tier1 ones, at least).

The '+Life EXP' change concerns the additional passive abilities they get @ Tier 1 Level 10.. so no more +combat xp, luck, karma, etc. for T1L10s, they get fishing, hunting, gathering or other life skill bonuses only. Not sure about T2+ (re: passives&special).

do we have this change yet? is it to all pets? if thats true Im glad I got my 12% combat exp and +1luck rank off all t1 pets lol

Posted

How come you cant have 2 penguins out at the same time?

Posted

Because the afk fishing speed will be faster that way.  No one did their job and didn't fix that shit.

Posted

Because the afk fishing speed will be faster that way.  No one did their job and didn't fix that shit.

LOL, I got it. Yeah, they need to make it so it doesn't stack.

Posted

btw they changed the HP skill from dogs to another skill after some patches...dunno what it was i think lifeskill or so. i think the + HP was to OP ^^

No, call it with its name. HP was P2W and koreans QQed like heroes till they removed it.

They listen to korean players, you know....

1 person likes this

Posted

Does anyone know whether exchanging two penguins can possibly lose the ability of reducing auto fishing time? Thanks.

Posted

Does anyone know whether exchanging two penguins can possibly lose the ability of reducing auto fishing time? Thanks.

yes, there is a low chance to lose it, as for the other pets

Posted

Yup that is why i will level it to 10 and wait till next event if there is any and can get a third one to fuse them...

Don't you find funny that for one pet that they give for free in 2 events you can't use both together?

Pretty amusing, in the line of their scammy tactics.

Posted

Honestly because they are bad, lazy developers.

Look at Desert Foxes, their buff doesn't stack so obviously they can control that aspect. They were just too damn lazy to do it with the penguin I guess?!

Posted

That's awful.

It's possible that they might give out more penguins in events in the future, since right now they are the only pets that we can use one at a time so that it won't hurt cash shop sales.

Posted

The event penguin was supposed to give life exp as a talent but it give auto fish speed just like the other. Is this a bug that will be fixed or did you guys seriously have the wrong description on it the whole time?? Either way.....FAIL.

talents ae not specials.

Talents ae a new thing in korea. Think of them as skills based on pet species and tier rank.

They are like specials in that they are the same for every pet of the same type. Unlike specials they grow based on pet tier, ie life skill exp +2% at t1, t2/t3/4 = 4/6/8%. Pets have both talents and specials.

The talent system is not in na/eu yet so we dont have these effects yet.

Posted

You breed pet on lvl1?

Yes i did. First time i did that. Everyone else get tier 3 pets from two tier 1 (level 1)

So i was like f**k it. Was happy for the combat EXP but not gonna do that again. :D

Posted

Honestly because they are bad, lazy developers.

Look at Desert Foxes, their buff doesn't stack so obviously they can control that aspect. They were just too damn lazy to do it with the penguin I guess?!

Yeah I found out a bit ago about this issue. Occam's Razor! definitely pure laziness.

Posted (edited)

i thought at lvl 10 we get life skill bonus, but i was wrong 

2016-10-10_387649073.JPG

Edited by Dado

Posted

Looks like its random. Got +1 gathering at vl 10. Smashed my old +3% karma one, checked +1 gathering because thats kinda big deal for me - got T3 with +1 gathering I checked and new +3% gathering xp. AND he doesnt look like CM Titties anymore . I am a happy bunny ^_^

Posted

i thought at lvl 10 we get life skill bonus, but i was wrong

i think you still dont got it what the text or "special skill" means.

Let me explain. You have the special ability every pet has from the beginning like dogs have enemy detection, cats have find resources, birds can show you elite enemies and so on.

Then there are the skills each pet can learn T1 with level 10, t2 have 1 from the beginning, t3 have 2 and t4 will have 3. These skills are almost random but have some sort of a grouping. (patchnotes from the 23th march)

• Pet Categories and Skills: Pets are categorized into Domestic, Aves, Wild, and Monsters. Each pet has a high chance of learning main and common skills with an abysmal chance of learning different types of skills.
    • Common: Combat EXP Increase, Karma Recovery Increase
    • Domestic (Dog, Cat, etc.): Cooking/Alchemy/Processing/Farming EXP +
    • Aves (Hawk, etc.): Fishing +1, Fishing/Hunting/Training/Trade EXP +
    • Monster (Snowman, etc.): Gathering +1, Gathering EXP +

AND then there are the special skills that the pets will have. BUT this feature isnt ingame yet. it is in korea that will be the reason something is stated in the description of the pinguin. 

iE5UNzx.jpg

So no pinguins wont have automaticly lifeskill + or so as normals skills ^^ BUT if they add these feature you will have lifeskill exp % on your pinguin ASWELL as all the other stuff he already has.

Posted

so its a bug that this pet also have auto fishing that they do not care to fix i c..

Posted

so its a bug that this pet also have auto fishing that they do not care to fix i c..

read again

Posted

i get it now nvm = am unlucky to get this karma 3% -.-

Posted (edited)

is this even working or is it not implemented yet? I'm not getting any hp bonus from my t3 lvl 10 dog...

not in our version yet, and they changed dogs to give skill EXP instead of HP

Edited by Anemone

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0