• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[VIDEO] Buster Grinding - Better then Axes?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://www.twitch.tv/brizztv/v/92885489

Edit:  Rewatching the video a week or so later, I've actually improved my grind speed significantly and will be streaming and remaking another video with how I do it and what skill build/addons I use to get my own personal max exp/hour.

Edited by Brizz
1 person likes this

Posted

For sure Awakening is faster with equal weapon.

Posted

That is you? if it is, can you tell me what awakening effects to take to do not use ho pots? my zerk is only 56 with 135 awakening AP and 230DP and i realy need HP pots at pirates... spin2win do not recover my HP anymore and crazy jacks hit me a bit hard

Posted

You gotta use pots? I haven't used a pot at pirates for a long ass time.

Posted (edited)

You gotta use pots? I haven't used a pot at pirates for a long ass time.

that is nice, may be because my lvl is a bit low? what are you guys using to recover HP?? Ragering Thunder is not recovering HP as it use to do...

and how the awakned zerk do at places with have CC mobs like Crescent Shirine?

may be my problem is i get use with some warrior skills like the block and pulverize that 0-100 you HP in one sec =/

Edited by Armagedon

Posted

RT still is just fine for everything. LMB+W is the heal in awakening. I never have to pot at anything fogan and less.

Posted (edited)

RT still is just fine for everything. LMB+W is the heal in awakening. I never have to pot at anything fogan and less.

S + LMB is the heal... unless you've changed your W key to backpedal.

Edited by Redlx

Posted

I specced out of rt. Having it speeds up the grind,yes. Sometimes mostly on some special packs.

That being sad, without extraction it is horrible to use so yes awakening is the way to grind, on 59and up. At 58 i still found rt to be crucial but now with the lvl59ranks i am very happy with just cannon.

Considering herbal spam+extraction it wasn't that much slower, barely noticeable. One big advantage at pirate hills is having a big range pull so i can run cr for spirit all day long instead of using it up to do one of the spread pulls. I have like 1430sp and yet it isn't enough to keep rt, but nearing 60 maybe i will spec into it again just for that odd pack that it works well on.

Cannon is nice, for pve. Yet it isn't so starting at 56 and it isn't op like other awakenings to beat a liverto with a green awakening so remember to note that.

Posted

I specced out of rt. Having it speeds up the grind,yes. Sometimes mostly on some special packs.

That being sad, without extraction it is horrible to use so yes awakening is the way to grind, on 59and up. At 58 i still found rt to be crucial but now with the lvl59ranks i am very happy with just cannon.

Considering herbal spam+extraction it wasn't that much slower, barely noticeable. One big advantage at pirate hills is having a big range pull so i can run cr for spirit all day long instead of using it up to do one of the spread pulls. I have like 1430sp and yet it isn't enough to keep rt, but nearing 60 maybe i will spec into it again just for that odd pack that it works well on.

Cannon is nice, for pve. Yet it isn't so starting at 56 and it isn't op like other awakenings to beat a liverto with a green awakening so remember to note that.

So, you think the others awakening, like the warrior, still better to pve compared to the cannon?

Posted

S + LMB is the heal... unless you've changed your W key to backpedal.

That is what I meant actually. I still never need to heal at 56 and 57 so people are doing it wrong.

Posted (edited)

That is what I meant actually. I still never need to heal at 56 and 57 so people are doing it wrong.

yeah, guess im doing something wrong, i engage mobs with lava pierc -> Lift Ground -> Slugfest -> TitanBlow -> Blasting (The one that should heal me)

What should i change?

Edited by Armagedon

Posted

I just use the heal as a filler until slugfest is ready. Just rinse and repeat honestly.

Posted

He's saying "I can take Karanda's melee attacks all day". Guess he's in the 260-280 league. 

Posted

So, you think the others awakening, like the warrior, still better to pve compared to the cannon?

they are miles ahead better. LEvel 60 beserker kills as fast as level 56 warrior lol. You will see people here detail blah blah blah i am level 60 cannons are great, as they are still farming sausans and pirates and still clearing slower than a level 57 warrior awakened and a level 60 witch not awakened. If you ever decide to leave killing green monsters you will discover it is very poor. Now you might never leave sausans. though so who knows and yea your fists at level 60 are awesome at sausans hahaha.

yeah, guess im doing something wrong, i engage mobs with lava pierc -> Lift Ground -> Slugfest -> TitanBlow -> Blasting (The one that should heal me)

What should i change?

you are doing nothing wrong, you will still need to pot unless you plan to farm sausans for eternity, your rotation is spot on as good as it gets. All you can hope to is improve gear to make it easier or fight easy mobs like sausans. A big problem i notice is because of the monster cap not having burst causes problems for killing big packs, unlike a warrior who will 1-2 shot things so they die and clear cap room for other mobs to take dmg. Like gather up  huge pile of sausans use earth lifting and because it is 4-5 smaller hits you get that issue where half the stuff is taking no dmg because the stuff being hit isnt dying fast so you do the entire move and only kill 5 things, the warrior came in wiped the entire 20 mob camp in 3 abiltites though.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

they are miles ahead better. LEvel 60 beserker kills as fast as level 56 warrior lol. You will see people here detail blah blah blah i am level 60 cannons are great, as they are still farming sausans and pirates and still clearing slower than a level 57 warrior awakened and a level 60 witch not awakened. If you ever decide to leave killing green monsters you will discover it is very poor. Now you might never leave sausans. though so who knows and yea your fists at level 60 are awesome at sausans hahaha.

you are doing nothing wrong, you will still need to pot unless you plan to farm sausans for eternity, your rotation is spot on as good as it gets. All you can hope to is improve gear to make it easier or fight easy mobs like sausans. A big problem i notice is because of the monster cap not having burst causes problems for killing big packs, unlike a warrior who will 1-2 shot things so they die and clear cap room for other mobs to take dmg. Like gather up  huge pile of sausans use earth lifting and because it is 4-5 smaller hits you get that issue where half the stuff is taking no dmg because the stuff being hit isnt dying fast so you do the entire move and only kill 5 things, the warrior came in wiped the entire 20 mob camp in 3 abiltites though.

lol this shit-tier spreading misinformation again because his zerker is still trash? 

I haven't hit a pirate or sausan since 55, been in Valencia from 55-59. Not killing grey/green mobs and thinking cannon is OP, smashing through valenca and SEEING that its OP.

And no, you are 100% wrong, ANY zerker who has the right setup for awakening now knows, he NEVER NEEDS TO POT, no hp pots, no herbal pots, blasting fills all the hp and wp you need, forever. I used to use 40hppots/hour at cresents, now I use 0. 

Maybe you need to reroll if you still havnt figured out our class

Edited by Seige

Posted

How are Warriors Miles Ahead! i have a 56 warrior an 56 beserker with close to the same ap at 130 an i feel like my beserker is a fast clear. maybe im playing my warrior wrong idk. 

Posted

lol this shit-tier spreading misinformation again because his zerker is still trash? 

I haven't hit a pirate or sausan since 55, been in Valencia from 55-59. Not killing grey/green mobs and thinking cannon is OP, smashing through valenca and SEEING that its OP.

And no, you are 100% wrong, ANY zerker who has the right setup for awakening now knows, he NEVER NEEDS TO POT, no hp pots, no herbal pots, blasting fills all the hp and wp you need, forever. I used to use 40hppots/hour at cresents, now I use 0. 

How are Warriors Miles Ahead! i have a 56 warrior an 56 beserker with close to the same ap at 130 an i feel like my beserker is a fast clear. maybe im playing my warrior wrong idk. 

I dont know, may be  i was wrong, but looks likeat thefinal lvls the warrior main combo to PVE (Grave Digg + Slashing the Dead) already outdamage by number the Zerk combo (Slugfast + Devastation) because they are 100% skills.. and if that is not enough, warrior still has 2 damage buffs to outdamage even more... The only zerk skill that may hit harder than warrior is the Titan blow, but it is a 20 seconds skill and cant be used during CD...

Looks like the problem is the main zerk skill (Slug) do not get improved with lvls, it is a single lvl skill...

Plz, correct me if im wrong guys

Posted

I have 170/168 main/awaken AP and my axes kill faster than cannon at pirates. I'm lv 57. I think maybe my awaken skills miss idk, but axes definitely kill faster. I alternate between spin and slug etc to be a little more efficient. does anyone know if when u use your awakening weapon do u get accuracy from your main weap?

Posted

I farm at desert fogans, and i think the only thing slowing me down is that I am still getting used to using different skills, the cooldowns, etc. And even though i still ----- it up on a regular basis, I am absolutely certain that I clear faster. went out to sausans yesterday for some pvp, and i know for a fact that i killed the mobs way faster than with just my axes. lvl 58, 171/163/288 using upgraded iron buster, and duo core set.

Posted (edited)

Strange, one of the best zerks on KR named advent, still uses HP pots @ crescents if you watch his stream right, and he's 61 with 200+ AP. He barely uses them, but that doesn't change that he does in-fact use them at times.

he MUST be bad right?

lol

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

That is because when you have high ap you oneshot all mobs and then your healing skills usually hit only one mob(guardian) and heal you a lot less than when you hit 8 mobs.

Posted

Strange, one of the best zerks on KR named advent, still uses HP pots @ crescents if you watch his stream right, and he's 61 with 200+ AP. He barely uses them, but that doesn't change that he does in-fact use them at times.

he MUST be bad right?

lol

lol is he one of the ones who heals through desert debuff instead of clearing it? or just low DP? or like you said, he barely uses them.....so its the same thing lol. Any zerker who has converted...properly, knows anywhere where he used 50-100 pots an/hour he now uses 0-10 in the same spot, and the 10 is prob because you used one out of instinct, or got lazy and took dmg standing still/typing. This is just fact....I dont know why you would argue it.  and the places youd use any are few and far between, sausans,pirates,bashims,fogans,nagas all should be 0 pots. simple. if you swallow the odd one at cresents I guess I cant blame you. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Still so confused about how good are zerks to pve compared to other awakenings.. some people say the damage is to low, other say that zerk is the faster at pve and clear speed :(

Posted

Video made no comparison between the two, or did it?

Hm...