• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problem with Kutum is

30 posts in this topic

Posted

losing the Additional Special Attack Damage +1, ....people keep mentioning well Kutum has 2nd gem slot....but losing this is like losing multiple gems, Crit Dmg +1, Back Attack Dmg +1, Down Attack Damage +1, Counter Dmg +1, Speed Attack +1, ect. special attack dmg boosts all of these.

I was exited to get a Kutum today, but no I hesitate to even enhance it, and may just wait for nouver to save frags/stacks.

Looking at TRI oros vs TRI Kutum, Oros has slightly more AP. 20-33 on oros vs 24-26 AP on Kutum. Also oros has the Additional Special Attack Damage Attribute... so off the bat it seems oros would out dps Kutum 100%. so is Kutums only purpose for PVP and the ignore res? 

Yes you gain 25 DP, but when gaining a boss item and throwing 200memfrags at it/failstacks to get it to TRI, youd like to see a DAMAGE increase right? But it seems this isnt the case here. 

Yes you can slot the 2nd gem slot with +Down Attack Damage to try and battle losing addition special attk dmg rank, but then the argument for +150 more hp +5 ap from 2nd awakend crystal is out the window. 

Its a tough call, and even if -overall- kutum end up being o.k ..over the full spread of its traits, I guess its fine, but its a real huge hit losing that, I remeber how much damage increased when going ultiamte with offhands and adding +down attack or back attk crystals in the gem slot. Converting to kutum and awakend gems and losing both of that, and gainining 0 AP.....kutum is a flat out dps loss.

1 person likes this

Posted

i say just grab some lube and ----- yourself until Nouver comes out. no point in wasting moneys on kutum tbh

Posted (edited)

A oros knot gives you 26 sheet AP.

A kutum knot gives you 25 sheet ap

Oros knot can have one +5 AP crystal making it 31 AP and +150hp, it also has 5dp and some evasion and DR and the sp atk dmg

Kutum knot can have two +5ap crystals making it 35AP and +300hp, and it also has 20 DP and ignore all res (a very important stat for a zerker to have)

Kutum does infact have more AP with 2 black spirit crystals, this is because oros only has one slot, while kutum has two.

So you have 4AP vs +1 special attack damage, it's no clue what would win here, but I say the increased health, DP, and most importantly the ignore all res, make it the winning offhand, however, oros is much cheaper and easier to get and obviously isn't too far behind.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

A oros knot gives you 26 sheet AP.

A kutum knot gives you 25 sheet ap

Oros knot can have one +5 AP crystal making it 31 AP and +150hp, it also has 5dp and some evasion and DR and the sp atk dmg

Kutum knot can have two +5ap crystals making it 35AP and +300hp, and it also has 20 DP and ignore all res (a very important stat for a zerker to have)

Kutum does infact have more AP with 2 black spirit crystals, this is because oros only has one slot, while kutum has two.

So you have 4AP vs +1 special attack damage, it's no clue what would win here, but I say the increased health, DP, and most importantly the ignore all res, make it the winning offhand, however, oros is much cheaper and easier to get and obviously isn't too far behind.

yup your final statement sums it up all too well, I agree with ya. its just tough that they are so comparable being one is bossloot which is rare to get and tough to enhance vs ezpz lemon squeezy. 

also adding a rank of something you have none of instead of 4 more hidden ap into a huge pool of ap is likely to give you more benifit. the +1 ranks to special dmg or crit dmg/down dmg add a fair chunk, and seeing as our window for killing someone in PVP is generally when we crit or they are down or both...this stat is huge

the only other thing to mention is its been said that hidden ap such as grunil or +5 on awakened gems doesnt scale exponentially like sheet AP and is more of a tact on damage, handled differently by the dmg algorithm. 

Edited by Seige

Posted

U forgot that Kutum has or should have at least 5hit which is also a crucial stat(Imo there is better elixir combo than popping accuracy especially in endgame level gvg which I have insight but am no part of currently). 

It is no coincidence that KR people use Kutum, period. 

If I loot or snipe it it goes to my stash too but it is the endgame option because of ignore resistance. 

Posted

U forgot that Kutum has or should have at least 5hit which is also a crucial stat(Imo there is better elixir combo than popping accuracy especially in endgame level gvg which I have insight but am no part of currently). 

It is no coincidence that KR people use Kutum, period. 

If I loot or snipe it it goes to my stash too but it is the endgame option because of ignore resistance. 

Party accuracy elixirs are bomb though :P

Posted

Party accuracy elixirs are bomb though :P

Gl going into a gvg push having the offensive slot used by concentration. 

Posted (edited)

You can have multiple elixirs going if they are party elixirs, this lets you have multiple offensive elixirs on.

every gvg person should be using party, not regulars, unless they are low on $$$

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

Someone needs to do a good video test of TRI Oros vs TRI Kutum DPS test. Similar to what Jamrock did, except you don't take off any gear (who takes off their necklace when PvPing anyway) and you do 25 tests per offhand.

DPS-wise I think they are the same due to the +1 Special Dmg, but I'm not sure.

Overall Kutum is the better offhand due to the 2nd slot, extra DP and +10% ignore resistances. However DPS-wise, I'm pretty sure Oros is on par.

Personally I was going to get Kutum, but decided otherwise after some research and thinking. Going to stick with the good ole trusty Oros and wait for Nouver. At this moment I would rather spend 550mil (cost of TRI Kutum on Edan) on other upgrades.

Edited by Drafun

Posted (edited)

Someone needs to do a good video test of TRI Oros vs TRI Kutum DPS test. Similar to what Jamrock did, except you don't take off any gear (who takes off their necklace when PvPing anyway) and you do 25 tests per offhand.

DPS-wise I think they are the same due to the +1 Special Dmg, but I'm not sure.

Overall Kutum is the better offhand due to the 2nd slot, extra DP and +10% ignore resistances. However DPS-wise, I'm pretty sure Oros is on par.

Personally I was going to get Kutum, but decided otherwise after some research and thinking. Going to stick with the good ole trusty Oros and wait for Nouver. At this moment I would rather spend 550mil (cost of TRI Kutum on Edan) on other upgrades.

I will failstack one up eventually but its gonna take a while.I dont see nouver beating kutum for pvp simply because koreans get it even if they hvae nouver already. 
Its strnage but for you losing some dps doesnt matter does it? For the average people there is no reason to go kutum now, maybe snipe it while ppl think its bad.

What can u get for 550m thats an upgrade? 2more tet is 10dp, kutum is more.

U might get like 2ap of upgrade for that sum so i dont see u losing anything upgrading novuer now while armorstones are a bit cheaper than maybe later when u really want it and fs are more expensive:D

My upgrades for this month dont include kutum, if i get lucky ill have my boss done and kzarka tri and im happy:D

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

Switched to TRI Kutum from TRI Saiyers and never looked back.

Posted

Switched to TRI Kutum from TRI Saiyers and never looked back.

lol thats an easy decision to make and hense why it wasnt being discussed here, saiyers to kutum is a HUGE ap increase, at the loss of a very small amount of DP and an unknown amount of accuracy. The problem with oros vs kutum is oros is literally more ap + additional rank of special attk dmg. so its weird to swap to boss gear and lose DPS. The only way you gain it back is through pvp via ignoring ressist. 

Posted

lol thats an easy decision to make and hense why it wasnt being discussed here, saiyers to kutum is a HUGE ap increase, at the loss of a very small amount of DP and an unknown amount of accuracy. The problem with oros vs kutum is oros is literally more ap + additional rank of special attk dmg. so its weird to swap to boss gear and lose DPS. The only way you gain it back is through pvp via ignoring ressist. 

Oros is not more AP.

Kutum with 2x Black Spirit Crystals has 4 more AP then Oros.

Posted

Oros is not more AP.

If you're running Kutum for PVP shouldn't you be using grab resist reductions?

1 person likes this

Posted

Oros is not more AP.

Oros is not more AP.

this has already been mentioned in this topic but Ill say it again. theres multiple things that you need to take into account when youre trying to say kutum is 4apmore bc of a black spirit gem.

First, hidden ap does not scale exponentially with your skills like sheet AP does, its a minor addition to damage, so cannot be treated as the same as sheet ap, ever. Grunil is not giving people +7 effective sheet ap, same with ap from serendia meal ect. 

Second, if you slot your 2nd slot with another awakened gem, you are 100% giving into losing ALL bonus dmg to special attacks, back attacks, down attacks, crit attacks, ect. If you have 200AP +special attk dmg gives far more boost then 4 hidden ap from a gem. So if you counter the loss of this from oros with a +Down attk or crit dmg gem in the 2nd slot, you dont even gain the 5hidden. And if you do 2x awakend, you lose far more then you think just ignoring special attk rank increase.  

tldr: a 2nd slot does not = outright overall dmg inc from kutum vs oros

Posted

party elixirs are 15min duration 1 min cooldown, in a party of 5 if you really want to spend the money, you could run up to 75 concurrent elixirs (if there were even that many worth using), if all 5 members use rotate elixirs on cooldown

Posted

party elixirs are 15min duration 1 min cooldown, in a party of 5 if you really want to spend the money, you could run up to 75 concurrent elixirs (if there were even that many worth using), if all 5 members use rotate elixirs on cooldown

I thought that the effect was capped, good to know ill craft a lot more different elixirs for personal use then:)

Posted

Hello guys ! Thanks for sharing yours tips.

I had a question : After several tests on oros with +5AP+100HP and +Critical Damage, I was surprised that +Critical did more damage on pvp.

What did you advise on a saiyer / Oros ? +AP or +Criticaldamage or anything else?

Another question : If someone has 80% resist to grap, 60% is capped on pvp. My -20% is on 60% or 80% ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english

Posted

If you look in the pvp section a lot of people are saying Kutum's damage is way off since the hit is either not working or is bugged, with saiyer/vangertz out damaging kutum.  not sure how it stacks up to oros.  I am kind of regretting selling off my saiyar and switching to oros once i got bhegs, I have long wondered if that hit added in more than the AP and I somehow felt much tankier using saiyar over oros

Posted (edited)

If you look in the pvp section a lot of people are saying Kutum's damage is way off since the hit is either not working or is bugged, with saiyer/vangertz out damaging kutum.  not sure how it stacks up to oros.  I am kind of regretting selling off my saiyar and switching to oros once i got bhegs, I have long wondered if that hit added in more than the AP and I somehow felt much tankier using saiyar over oros

Jamrock tested it, saiyer is better. its because it has initially more accuracy and because bheg doesnt mean u dont need more of it for pvp on real targets.

Oros is nice for pve though so not a waste, just maek yourself another saiyer if u care about fighting geared ppl or if u have kutum use conc elixir a lot

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

Jamrock tested it, saiyer is better. its because it has initially more accuracy and because bheg doesnt mean u dont need more of it for pvp on real targets.

Oros is nice for pve though so not a waste, just maek yourself another saiyer if u care about fighting geared ppl or if u have kutum use conc elixir a lot

Yeah I have another saiyar at +13 that I was using for fail stacking. I now have all boss loot besides offhand and hebe armor, so just debating whether its worth going for Kutum after its all said and done

Posted

Yeah I have another saiyar at +13 that I was using for fail stacking. I now have all boss loot besides offhand and hebe armor, so just debating whether its worth going for Kutum after its all said and done

Getting it is worth it, enchanting only if u can afford so maybe after full boss or if u have plenty of fragments i guess.

Posted

Getting it is worth it, enchanting only if u can afford so maybe after full boss or if u have plenty of fragments i guess.

Well ever since artisan memories have become a thing my enchanting went to shit.  burned through 300 memory frags over the last week trying to wrap up the last of my boss armor.  I did the first half to all tri with less than that.

Posted

Well ever since artisan memories have become a thing my enchanting went to shit.  burned through 300 memory frags over the last week trying to wrap up the last of my boss armor.  I did the first half to all tri with less than that.

So u were lucky for some items. U cannot expect to get lucky everytime:). 400is a good bet for a tri, take that and blackstones and u get to the 2b that ppl tell u that full boss cost.

Posted

So u were lucky for some items. U cannot expect to get lucky everytime:). 400is a good bet for a tri, take that and blackstones and u get to the 2b that ppl tell u that full boss cost.

Yeah I believe I stopped keeping track on the Bhegs when I hit 400m, luckily I bought the Muskans at pri when people quit over p2w and they went duo and tri on one shot.  Sitting on 8 sets of 33 stacks and a 49 stack currently, running out of toons!  Dande is stuck at 13, Giath at 14, and the zarka has failed 4 times so far to hit tri.  I guess first world problems?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0