• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

48 posts in this topic

Posted

its my guess they just wanted to do away with imperial and not local goods but still its not that big of boost vs node wars considering the costs/mats involved with getting guild house and producing the goods.

For us it was great. We have a significant portion of life skillers in our guild, and it gave them a purpose, something to do, etc. We pay about 3 million for the guild house fee IIRC and make close to 400-500 million worth of packs every turnin.

Posted

3rd party Gold-Selling mechanics cut into their new Cash Shop direct currency purchasing so OF COURSE they're going to make it the highest possible priority to fix that little mistake rather than address the 100's of outstanding issues that are ruining this game for B2P owners

Care to explain this comment? How were gold-sellers abusing this system?

Posted

Korea office: 

"System is imbalanced?"

"Yeah just remove it LOL"

"Ok XDDDD"

Posted

Absolutely tired of the lack of transparency, as well as the lack of communication.

You think it is unbalanced? How about guilds holding a city for 4 weeks in a row. All they have to do is win twice a week and bam money. With this, at the most, you can make 1.5-1.8ish billion every two weeks, and you have to work your ass off to get it.

Stop having your heads stuck up your 3rd point of contact. What did a big guild cry they have to work harder to keep it? Did they say there was no risk? Where the hell does this data come from.

This is short and sweet, it is a way for guilds to have the funds to keep node waring. Now if they lose constantly or stalemate to death. They will just keep losing funds and have no way to pull back up. So you are effectively killing small guilds more, and causing them to merge more into larger guilds where there is most of the time, less unity and less member to member friendships being built.

The only thing I can think of is the last bit of reason that you guys could have pulled this off in your head. You are under the assumption that gold farmers are abusing the system to pay clients. If that's the case, you have already identified who is doing it and have failed to remove them meaning this is your fault. So stop taking out the mess ups on the few on the whole game. You already have people pulling out and getting ready for other games daily. Nothing is going to fully stop gold farmers but you guys have done a great job, yet they will always be there.

So suck it up buttercups, and give us back a fundamental part of the game. Or continue having people bleed off daily.

2 people like this

Posted

The Patch today had a tiny footnote that had some rather massive ramifications for guilds that have been making proper use of guild houses.

The original post can be found here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/114936-patch-notes-october-5th/

Written under mechanic changes was this:

• Imperial Guild Trade materials will no longer be produced. Items that have already been created can be sold via [Guild Shop].

• Knowledge for Imperial Guild Trade Materials have been deleted.

• Guild skill [Fully Prepared] has been added. Players will be able to use [Guild] Mount Part Workshop once obtaining this skill

The actual guild skills for Local Specialties and Imperial Trade, 5 and 10 skillpoints each, respectively, have not been removed or refunded, and no longer have a way to be used.  I am not sure what the reason for this change was made.  The purpose of guild houses in my eyes was to have access to this other form of trading in order to make guild funds which would allow for more freedom of gameplay.  More freedom to attempt multiple node wars with a fully furnished fort that has annexes rather than a naked one used to snipe the uncontested nodes that are running rampant.  Guild houses DID make a lot of guild funds, but not without an initial investment and some players from the guild dedicating their contribution to connecting far reaching places (Ancado to Calpheon or Trent to Valencia, for an example).  If this is considered unbalanced by the devs I would like them to come out and say so, because currently with no way to replenish materials used to make the crates through guild crafting there doesn't seem to be a point to even getting a guild house anymore unless you wanted an elephant (which will take longer for some guilds to save up for now), and those are only the houses in Valencia. 

Someone let me know if I've overlooked something, but the way it looks to me is that guild houses outside of valencia don't really have a purpose to guilds without elephants and some of my guild's skillpoints are now in a dead skill.

This is pure speculation based off experience with developer decisions, but they are more than likely considering a revamp to the Guild Housing system. I highly doubt that they are going to "do away" with Guild Houses, but are more than likely preparing to revamp them altogether. It's also probable that they found a bug related to them, and have disabled certain parts of the content until they can fix it, localize it, or track it down.

Posted

I really hope this is something temporary and they are, as usual, not communicating as clearly as they should be.

15 guild points is a massive investment of time for guilds that are well over 100 points. I believe they should be clear about whether this system is coming back revamped, or if its being scrapped all together. If this is a case, I would absolutely want a refund for guild points. 

Does anyone here know the status of guild houses in kr and how they function?

I'm still in shock they would remove one of the few pve guild collaboration features in the game without warning or explanation. Unbelievable.

Posted (edited)

I really hope this is something temporary and they are, as usual, not communicating as clearly as they should be.

15 guild points is a massive investment of time for guilds that are well over 100 points. I believe they should be clear about whether this system is coming back revamped, or if its being scrapped all together. If this is a case, I would absolutely want a refund for guild points. 

I'm still in shock they would remove one of the few pve guild collaboration features in the game without warning or explanation. Unbelievable.

Agreed. I really do hope there is some massive exploit that's on the down low and they did this as a preventative measure -although I don't recall ever seeing them do that before, I do hope that is the case. 

Regardless, if you remove functionality - compensation and restitution should be provided. At the very least a refund of this periods guild auction fees, guild points input into trading and daily guild fees for houses that are pretty much useless at this point.  That way the people owning houses are compensated and people bidding next week are doing so without blinders on. 

What do you think @CM_Aethon, @GM_Caramel?

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

It has also been my experience that when there are major concerns afoot, that it is not always in the best interest of the game to publicly announce content "freezes" before they occur. This is done to lessen possible "last minute get it in before its gone" type abuse.

But as I stated, it is pure speculation at this point.

We do know that there is extensive guild content coming with the Sea expansions, so perhaps it is also related?

Posted

It has also been my experience that when there are major concerns afoot, that it is not always in the best interest of the game to publicly announce content "freezes" before they occur. This is done to lessen possible "last minute get it in before its gone" type abuse.

But as I stated, it is pure speculation at this point.

We do know that there is extensive guild content coming with the Sea expansions, so perhaps it is also related?

I totally understand this. I suppose I'm not upset about it being sprung upon us out of the blue. I'm more upset about the lack of explanation following their decision to remove the feature. Maybe there is something coming with the new ocean update and they are preping for that. I have no idea.

I personally have seen a few issues with the system, and truly you can make your guild an insane amount of money perday if you maximize your efficiency when it comes to crate production.

At this point I am just going to wait until next week and try to be optimistic.

Posted (edited)

What do you think @CM_Aethon, @GM_Caramel?

The best thing I can do is report this to my team so they can report it in to the Devs to see if we can at least restore Guild Skill points previously contributed. I will do my best to keep you updated. :x

Edited by GM_Caramel
2 people like this

Posted

Could any Gm or CM tell us WHY this been so abruptely simply totally disabled?

Guild craft & trade was working pretty well for my guild. After a few weeks needed to motivate troups, we could finally craft 4-6 packs a day... not the best, but enough to create a small regular cash income. Most important, it allowed members to generate some activity for the guild while afk.

So, WHY did daum/pa/kakao just kill it without notice?

Posted (edited)

This is one of the few changes that I Don't agree with.
This is one that I will speak up against indeed.

I'm not entirely sure why this came down the pipeline, I'm sure there are speculations. But I'd like to make one thing clear;

IF this is an attempt to push more guilds to pvp in node wars, This is the wrong way of going about it entirely.

That is all.
The guild I'm in hopes that this is a bug fix / rework / something.

I fully agree that people who have the points should receive compensation of points / other stuff in response to this feature being disabled.

Thanks.

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

The way that reads to me means it's just the Imperial Trade Packs that are history, right?   Our guild house is producing a Local Specialty pack right now as I type.

If you have the mats already in storage, you're good until you run out. The minute you run out of a mat, you're done. We have a special sitting with 2 wool left, and are unable to finish it. :(

Posted

This needs more attention. Wish more people cared about real issues.

Posted

I would like to see update to this, is this just a temporary thing or will guild tree be reworked?

Posted

Its almost unbelievable that there was no announcement for this. Guild pack revenue fueled a huge chunk of content (ie node wars/conquest war attempts) and provided a balance that continued to give life to BDO. This has to have been some kind of oversight... To take something like this out on purpose with no warning is just a grossly negligent way to run a game. They are going to see more people start to throw in the towel if this isn't addressed asap.

5 people like this

Posted

PLEASE CM, GM, at least, answer something!!!

Posted

Meanwhile guilds who currently own Guild Houses are bleeding money because the houses are no longer capable of performing their primary function. If a change like this isn't announced beforehand, there has got to be some compensation, because those things are not cheap.

Posted

Would love to have money back from buying the current guild houses put back into the guilds. Great idea, and those free resets.

Posted

If they leave in this way the guild will take the house only for elephant and after anyone will by more any house, so we lose another feature of the game...thanks 😔

Posted

Depending on how next week goes, I would be an advocate for a skill point refund. 15 points is so much work to guilds over 150 points.