• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PA/Kakao is genius

58 posts in this topic

Posted

We stupid Americans complain about p2w and RNG boxes in the cash shop. They instead offer pearl items on marketplace! Woah not p2w tho cause there's a limit! And guess what? They add a while later a way to RNG your way to end game loot with direct currency (no gated energy, no limit, etc.) So you can indirectly (or directly, if you're smart enough to see that) spend 150 bucks per week to buy 100m ish worth of RNG boxes.

So, 150 bucks for a direct way to get RNG boxes! Sounds like its still not p2w, right?

;)

3 people like this

Posted

So much retards. "

We stupid Americans" pretty much sum up this thread.

Posted

sooooo... in the in game box that anyone can buy with silver, i can find items that are already in game and that makes it p2w because cash shop items on the market? is that what you said?

2 people like this

Posted

We stupid Americans complain about p2w and RNG boxes in the cash shop. They instead offer pearl items on marketplace! Woah not p2w tho cause there's a limit! And guess what? They add a while later a way to RNG your way to end game loot with direct currency (no gated energy, no limit, etc.) So you can indirectly (or directly, if you're smart enough to see that) spend 150 bucks per week to buy 100m ish worth of RNG boxes.

So, 150 bucks for a direct way to get RNG boxes! Sounds like its still not p2w, right?

;)

Nevermind that you can't sell all the game altering items on the marketplace anyway, so they're still hidden behind the p2w wall.

Posted

yup. Can't swim faster with silver :( . Even though it weighs less now. QQ

1 person likes this

Posted

Or you know, ghillies, artisans memories, weight limit, inventory slots, maids, item brand stones, various city increases, underwear, glasses/earrings and so on and so forth.

Literally everything that has a 'special' effect can't be sold on the market cause that'd be "too p2w". My confusion has been fairly complete for quite a while.

4 people like this

Posted

I think p2w means "if you pay more than I, then you're cheating".
I can't find any other way to make it sound somewhat meaningful.

Posted

I can't find any other way to make it sound somewhat meaningful.

And I can't believe players accept P2W under any definition as some sort of fun gaming experience.

Maybe the entire world should start using a P2W system everywhere since so many people seem to think it's ok. Why study in school when we could let students P2W for top marks. I'd like a degree in psychology but don't want to take the time to study or go to class. Can i pay 10k and just have one then take a job in that field over someone who actually did the work? I mean i can pay 10k and compete or defeat others in BDO without doing the work too. Seems legit to me.

3 people like this

Posted

it's already the case. Richer people are more likely benefiting of higher education, more books and private teachers.

Every MMO is P2W because computer configuration. I lag at bosses cause CPU/GPU, i'm not competitive.
But the real losers are the one that are unable to take the fun from what they have access to, always frowning on what others can have.

3 people like this

Posted

it's already the case. Richer people are more likely benefiting of higher education, more books and private teachers.

Every MMO is P2W because computer configuration. I lag at bosses cause CPU/GPU, i'm not competitive.
But the real losers are the one that are unable to take the fun from what they have access to, always frowning on what others can have.

The real losers are the ones who think P2W in video gaming is ok because it's a fact of life elsewhere. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What we're seeing in BDO is decisions to make the gameplay limiting in order to "entice" you to spend RL money on "convenience".

Don't tell me you're getting by on base weight and inventory slots on every character? WIthout at the very least buying value packs once a month?

There's TONS AND TONS of examples in BDO where the gameplay is just plain bad to "entice" you to buy pearls. And on top of all of this, there's the downright scummy shit such as the costume exchange token.

Posted (edited)

@ginrei

yeah it's p2w because not all cash shop items are tradable on the market. Yet it's not like it cut anyone from any content in game. so what's your point again? it's pay to win? IS IT? really? and why are you still here?

Edited by magret
timing, doesn't looklike i'm answering the good person

Posted

thUp.jpg~c200

Meanwhile, a cop is suing the department his working for, for publishing him doing police brutality. Suing for violation of his first amendment right... 

Posted

why are you still here?

Because:

Image result for kids say the darndest things

Posted

;)

If you spend 150$ worth of silver per week on the mysterious accessories you're not smart at all. ive bought 50m worth of necklace on the EU server cause I had a toon lvl 1 there from when the game was launched so I got the returning reward and since I know ill never play the EU server I sold all of my free stuff and used the silver to see how lucky I was.

I thought I would use the drop buff see if it does anything . while im aware that its for what mobs drop i thought id still try it and I opened everything with 5 luck and the best I got was bares necklace.

Posted

What we're seeing in BDO is decisions to make the gameplay limiting in order to "entice" you to spend RL money on "convenience".

Don't tell me you're getting by on base weight and inventory slots on every character? WIthout at the very least buying value packs once a month?

There's TONS AND TONS of examples in BDO where the gameplay is just plain bad to "entice" you to buy pearls. And on top of all of this, there's the downright scummy shit such as the costume exchange token.

I think what Ginrei calls "P2W" is the ability of some people to sell CS items for silver, allowing them to buy insta PEN Kzarka from the market place and that's not faaaaaiiiiir

Posted

I think what Ginrei calls "P2W" is the ability of some people to sell CS items for silver, allowing them to buy insta PEN Kzarka from the market place and that's not faaaaaiiiiir

The ability to gain around a billion silver a month without touching the game for more than 5 minutes can hardly be seen as anything else.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sure but he's convinced that this ability is implemented  and hussh, he could get noisy about it again.

Edited by magret

Posted

;)

yea 150 bucks worth of bares accessories lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

thUp.jpg~c200

Meanwhile, a cop is suing the department his working for, for publishing him doing police brutality. Suing for violation of his first amendment right... 

Police Brutality Is well deserved in almost all the cases i see on TV, i swear we need a "what to do when interacting with law enforcement" class.

1) Hands must remain in plain sight at all times( AKA not telling the officer you own a gun, then reaching into your clothing)

2) Follow the Officers Orders at all times(if he asks you to quack like a duck you -----ing quack like a duck)

3) Do not be a Smart Ass (keep your replies simple= yes,sir/Ma'am or no,sir/Ma'am)

Edited by The_ID10t_Effect

Posted

should lock thread - going no where - not helpful - just a mudsling battleground

Posted

should lock thread - going no where - not helpful - just a mudsling battleground

better just to lock the forums.

1 person likes this

Posted

image.jpeg

Posted

better just to lock the forums.

im all for stronger forum moderation. Not that I am for censorship of peoples complaints or opinions, but Im certainly all for removing and cleaning up "crap" that offers no feedback to the company, or no discussion to the community.  Even if such posts were moved to a subsection called "off-topic" or "rants and raves" would be great. Basically, "the rubbish bin" of the forum.

After all, a neat and tidy forum does go a long way in helping players and the company in many respects.

1 person likes this

Posted

im all for stronger forum moderation. Not that I am for censorship of peoples complaints or opinions, but Im certainly all for removing and cleaning up "crap" that offers no feedback to the company, or no discussion to the community.  Even if such posts were moved to a subsection called "off-topic" or "rants and raves" would be great. Basically, "the rubbish bin" of the forum.

After all, a neat and tidy forum does go a long way in helping players and the company in many respects.

it would be endless crap cleaning, pointless to even try. hence my comment.