• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valencia is broken. Fix it. game getting stupid as is

99 posts in this topic

Posted

Because overly pretentious and entitled petulant children that have no -----ing clue how good they have it nowadays?

I don't really think asking for content that is meant for high levels to be more rewarding then content that is meant for lower is op being entitled or childish. Valencia in its current state is not worth farming over some place like pirates which is meant for lower levels. This in of itself can be seen as bad game design because it discourages and even punish the players that are playing content meant for their level. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This game is economy based. Try farming, good way to make money end game. If you're looking for better gear than you have, save money for better gear. There is a dozen different things you could do differently to make the game more enjoyable for your experience.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't really think asking for content that is meant for high levels to be more rewarding then content that is meant for lower is op being entitled or childish. Valencia in its current state is not worth farming over some place like pirates which is meant for lower levels. This in of itself can be seen as bad game design because it discourages and even punish the players that are playing content meant for their level. 

You realize this game isn't in any way like your generic theme park MMORPG, right? If you don't like how Pearl Abyss are designing their game, don't play it. There are some aspects of this game that I absolutely hate, but I realize that they don't need to change or rework it just because I dislike it.

Posted (edited)

You realize this game isn't in any way like your generic theme park MMORPG, right? If you don't like how Pearl Abyss are designing their game, don't play it. There are some aspects of this game that I absolutely hate, but I realize that they don't need to change or rework it just because I dislike it.

I honestly can not understand what the issue is with me or op requesting that end game content gives out endgame leveled rewards. I realize this isn't a theme park game but if you put resources into making an area designed to provide more content to high leveled players but said content is not as rewarding or engaging as lower leveled content that is a waste of the dev team's time and resources which in my opinion is a flaw in the game's design. My job as a paying customer is point out flaws I see in a product's design and suggest how to fix them it is up to the seller to decide if they want to fix them or not. This why bug fixes to classes like the blader and plum were made because players informed the devs about the issues they were having with said content. If you don't like how content works you should by all means try to bring it to the devs attention there is nothing wrong with that so long as you respectful and provide evidence to back up your claims.  

Edited by Fire of
1 person likes this

Posted

The design is fine, not sure why you think Pearl Abyss calls the shots on the patch order though?

Again, look at what Gamenet (the Russian publisher) manages to get Pearl Abyss to do. 4 awakenings on their first awakening day, 2 every other time, and even a different order.

This is all Kakao KR saying "give them our version, done deal".

Posted

Posted

I honestly can not understand what the issue is with me or op requesting that end game content gives out endgame leveled rewards. I realize this isn't a theme park game but if you put resources into making an area designed to provide more content to high leveled players but said content is not as rewarding or engaging as lower leveled content that is a waste of the dev team's time and resources which in my opinion is a flaw in the game's design. My job as a paying customer is point out flaws I see in a product's design and suggest how to fix them it is up to the seller to decide if they want to fix them or not. This why bug fixes to classes like the blader and plum were made because players informed the devs about the issues they were having with said content. If you don't like how content works you should by all means try to bring it to the devs attention there is nothing wrong with that so long as you respectful and provide evidence to back up your claims.  

Oh my good God, that's because there is no real end game with this game. There's infinite progression for the sake of there being no end game.

The design is fine, not sure why you think Pearl Abyss calls the shots on the patch order though?

Again, look at what Gamenet (the Russian publisher) manages to get Pearl Abyss to do. 4 awakenings on their first awakening day, 2 every other time, and even a different order.

This is all Kakao KR saying "give them our version, done deal".

Depends solely on the contract.

Posted

Because overly pretentious and entitled petulant children that have no -----ing clue how good they have it nowadays?

Funnily enough you are the one appearing overly pretentious here Mr. I work on games.

The problem is, make Valencia too lucrative and then it just creates an even bigger gap for the people playing catch up to the strongest that CAN grind there. They need to link drops to the color of levels. eg 5+ levels = 50% drop rates.

You don't think the gap is already getting bigger and bigger when high levels hoard all spots on pirates and sausans?

2 people like this

Posted

Well, what do you expect from a game that is originally Free to Play? The devs and publihers only care about the "coin" YOU "drop" in their cash shop.

Posted

Depends solely on the contract.

Are you seriously suggesting that the company that has what, 100 people working at Pearl Abyss (Kakao KR) has a worse contract than a 3rd party Russian publisher?

If that's seriously the case, they need to re-negotiate.

Posted

its a worthless area to grind tbh farm some where else to get silver then buy it from someone who is wasting there time there

Posted

Oh my good God, that's because there is no real end game with this game. There's infinite progression for the sake of there being no end game.

now your just ignoring my point you know that by end game I meant the higher leveled and geared players ie 57+ with 18+ gear not literally the end of the game. Even so BDO does have a clear gear cap at 20+ which can be considered endgame

Posted

Valencia did seem very underwhelming, I was actually pretty excited for it since I figured the game would be based on the black desert, but after some cursory exploration and setting up my nodes, it doesn't seem a place to bother visiting much.

Posted

They prefer put more new buggy content than fix or work in the actual one.

It's a way of seeing...

Posted

what even is valencia again? think i went there week 1 of part two did all bs quests and havent been back since cause what moron would go there when we can make far more silvers and exp at sasuans and pirates?

Posted

what even is valencia again? think i went there week 1 of part two did all bs quests and havent been back since cause what moron would go there when we can make far more silvers and exp at sasuans and pirates?

Maybe a moron who cant stand sausages and pirates anymore and wants to avoid those other morons who hug those places 24/7 frothing around the mouth every time they see anything moving in the vicinity of their precious private property farming spots. I would happily forsake some xp and silver not to have to deal with the stink.

5 people like this

Posted

Buff valencia mob trash drop prices. Or amounts. Or buff the scroll drops. Or buff the rare item drop. Just do something to entice higher levels into the zone for gods sake.
Let the lower people farm the xp at pirates and sausans without get picked on by people with better gear and higher levels. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Buff valencia mob trash drop prices. Or amounts. Or buff the scroll drops. Or buff the rare item drop. Just do something to entice higher levels into the zone for gods sake.
Let the lower people farm the xp at pirates and sausans without get picked on by people with better gear and higher levels. 

But but but....... it would kill "PvP" o.O

Posted

But but but....... it would kill "PvP" o.O

God forbid that this massive, open world we have is actually utilized amirite? Figured that's why it won't be changing any time soon. 
The PvP should be between people on even levels and gear scales. Not between a level 52 trying to get xp at sausans and a level 58 who is there for the money. That's so dumb. Even had a guy in the guild play for a short time and quit over it because, in his words "It's such a turn off for new players"

2 people like this

Posted

I would love many of the newer undergeared folk to get geared easyer so pvp can actually become a challenge

Posted

God forbid that this massive, open world we have is actually utilized amirite? Figured that's why it won't be changing any time soon. The PvP should be between people on even levels and gear scales. Not between a level 52 trying to get xp at sausans and a level 58 who is there for the money. That's so dumb. Even had a guy in the guild play for a short time and quit over it because, in his words "It's such a turn off for new players"

Yup, had a new guildie fascinated with the game for about a week until he hit 52 and got obliterated at, no other place but freaking Rhutums while doing a quest. By 2 players from a guild being advertised by one of our stellar community representatives. To add to it, while he was figuring out channel swapping they killed his poor T3 horse he was so proud of, on top. I think he logged maybe twice after that, last time being a week ago. Some new players just dont enjoy being bullied, a shocker isnt it?

1 person likes this

Posted

Am sure ppl already talked about this but this is my experience with this broken part of the game. Am lvl 58. 458 ap&dp. When  I have work I only grind for 30 min to use the 200%, daily buff. I go to bashim in 30 min I get 1.5-1.6 exp. About 1.3 - 1.4 trash and some weapon /armor that I npc so overall like 2m MAX silver and 1-2 scrolls and if am super lucky I get the agility or precision magic crystal it's so rare tho. 

Then I tried sausan. Same 30 min 1.4 - 1.5 exp. 6-8 m trash and weapon/armor drops . 1-2 books. And altar scrolls if super lucky as it's rare. 

Srsly devs why this broken mechanic in the game that force ppl to NOT play your new places that you add to the game. Why bother going to the desert when you can get same exp and way way more silver. 

Fix the exp and drop rate in Valencia pls ppl ONLY go there cause they have (leave me alone personality) and don't wanna spend time pvp... In sausan and piratea. Just like me 

Actually Valencia was nerfed in our version because people were afraid they wouldn't be able to farm without the awakenings. So I don't see them "buffing" it until all the awakenings are out, maybe not even after they're all out. Let's hold our thumbs and hope that they don't nerf other new areas just because most awakenings aren't out :/.

Posted (edited)

Yup, had a new guildie fascinated with the game for about a week until he hit 52 and got obliterated at, no other place but freaking Rhutums while doing a quest. By 2 players from a guild being advertised by one of our stellar community representatives. To add to it, while he was figuring out channel swapping they killed his poor T3 horse he was so proud of, on top. I think he logged maybe twice after that, last time being a week ago. Some new players just dont enjoy being bullied, a shocker isnt it?

I actually think the game simply wasn't made for these type of players. I might be mistaken but I believe games like these are open world pvp niche game. This entails that you have to pvp for what you want and yes that includes fighting overgeared/overleveled players. When you can't beat them, you change channel or find another spot.

That being said, I agree that valencia needs to be buffed because the situation at sausan/pirates is dire. There is a few other options that are equally lucrative or even more, but still don't provide enough options with the amount of players. Not to mention the new zone that is useless at the present moment.

Edited by Incoercible

Posted

I actually think the game weren't made for these type of players simply. I might be mistaken but I see games like this as an open world pvp niche game. This entails that you have to pvp for what you want and yes that includes fighting overgeared/overleveled players. When you can't beat them, you change channel or find another spot.

PvP for what you want =/= simply bully someone just because you can. What is there to PvP about at Rhutums? 

This game seems to be made for tiny amount of players who enjoy bullying and being bullied then, but it should have been fairly stated so at the front page not try to attract a lot of different kinds of players with "horses", "professions", even "housing" while mentioning nothing about imbalanced "PvP". Almost like they would like to have some other types of player as well. 

1 person likes this

Posted

PvP for what you want =/= simply bully someone just because you can. What is there to PvP about at Rhutums?

omg who the heck would bother pking in such a pointless low silver area? Your server must have many trolls playing on it lol.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0