• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is RNG making people despair and leave?

847 posts in this topic

Posted

Absolutely.

I enjoy almost every aspect of this game so much that it pains me to quit the game (as of yesterday but I'll keep an eye out for RNG changes). The combat is so satisfying and I love having other things to do like farming, fishing, training, trading, etc but all the bottlenecks they put in the game are just too much but the RNG was the last straw. 

I had to be away from the game for a while but I returned to find out the hard way that I needed 1000 of the turn-in items to turn them in. This makes it a chore and makes grinding in groups way too hard since I didn't spend time leveling weight (and I refuse to spend $$$ on such a stupid thing). That's manageable though because there's actually something that I can do and there's a tangible goal to achieve. The RNG was another story all together.

For someone like me who only has a few hours during the week to play (though I can play significantly more on the weekends) leveling gear is just way too hard. Between repairing my Liverto, acquiring blackstones, and building failstacks to go from Duo to Tri I'd spent at least a week (of my available time) getting there. I don't need to tell you that I failed so not only did I loose my blackstone, my item's durability went down AND I lost a level. This means I have to go through a similar amount of frustration just to get back to where I was only to go through a third round of frustration just for the chance to go back through this same cycle of crap all over again.

If you want to make it difficult to level up or expensive, that's fine with me but the barrier is based entirely on random luck and that's just not right. With this system, if I'm unlucky enough (and you should have seen how hard a time it was just getting to +15 when that was the cap) I could literally NEVER get my gear to a competitive level. As much as I like the actual gameplay, this little mechanic is just insane and I don't understand how anyone can be OK with it. You tolerate it, sure but how can you be OK with it? Simply not worth the time. When you think about it, why do you level your gear? Probably for sake of being competitive in PvP in the end but I can almost guarantee you that you've spend 10x more time trying to be competitive than actually participating in the PvP.

I'm not going to trash the game because I do like it too much and I'll keep my eyes on it in hopes that this changes at some point but until then, I'm done playing it.

2 people like this

Posted

Sums it up well Agx

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Or maybe they'd like to reach a benchmark that will allow them to be competitive in PvP.

It's funny how this game was originally advertised as being something very open towards PvP inclined players, and yet there are so many hurdles to actually getting to that aspect of the game.

There's a lot more people doing PvP than the 0.01% which has over 450GS. It's too bad that people seem to be so focused on a very small minority of players and nodes/castles that they can't see all the PvP going on outside of that.

Even then, this game is far, far more than just PvP. To even join it you *have* to do a LOT of PvE.

Edited by MChrome

Posted

RNG for me is ruining the enjoyment I get playing BDO. I won't gain the best the game has to offer because I just won't put myself through the upgrading RNG distress.

Posted

I consider myself a casual player and to be honest; RNG is what keeps me wanting to play.

Slowly saving up and working on progressing my character.

I fully accept that people who have more time to spend on the game will be allot stronger, as they should. 

I get enough pleasure in fighting people who have casual gear as well.

I just made my first TRI accessory (Shultz belt, Cheap stuff i know :P)  today and it made me very happy. I don't care if others run around in TRI basilisks.

If I had top gear already there wouldn't be much reason left to play other than pvp. (in that case i'd be playing LoL)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

When you grind for hours and hours. do a shit ton of bosses and you get nothing, and when you try to upgrade your gear, you miss every little thing and you are worst than when you started... when luck is all you have.... that's when you know you must quit this game. if they change this only problem, it could be a great game

Edited by FreireSCP
7 people like this

Posted

Yeah, let it cost me more, or take more time, but don't leave me weaker after hours of preparation and work.

2 people like this

Posted

Why don't they just make the employees pay based on RNG, or better yet just get rid of all of them since it is just a waste of money for the company at this point. Haven't seen a useful post by an employee here since Tytyes left. 

Posted

Yeah, let it cost me more, or take more time, but don't leave me weaker after hours of preparation and work.

There is already a way to do that. Make backups. All it takes, as you asked, is more silver, or in other words, more time.

Posted

But you cant guarantee TET backups

In fact its hard to make TRI backups, even given time, there is never 100% chance of success

1 person likes this

Posted

Is thee a victim too? Of the monstrous phenomenon caused by greed? Where upon thy wrath is engender? Indeed, thee is a #RNGVictim too.

Posted

So there is one thing need be done - hire a few GMs who will take care of it.

you gonna pay em? there are others games who have GM's that are suppose to take care of it and still there are bots

Posted (edited)

I do not get it.

I can understand the frustration about the RNG, it is very expensive on higher levels, and very annoying when your item drop down a level or destroyed, the luck factor is huge indeed.

But what I do not understand, that the people cannot accept the fact that the game (like every korean, asian with this kind of upgarde system) built to play (to keep the attention, to keep the players ingame) for years.

Sooner or later everybody becomes tired about this mindless grind for the ultimate gear.

The choice is yours, quit or live with it!

PS.:

Please post your names and/or pictures to prove about how many players have succeeded to enchant at least one PEN item in the NA/EU region until now.

Help me to find out what is behind the RNG in real.

And now we are talking about the time from the release (NA/EU) which is less than a year! I am curious about the numbers, how many of those players are, who have the PEN, less than a year compared to KR where the game is out for... I do not know how many years already.

And we are not talking about the fully PEN geared in this case!!! (If it exists at all in the world.) For the complainers, did you think you can get the full PEN less than a year? Because the gear progress is all about this in the end.

Like Kungen told, in WoW you can get the latest raid gear about 3-4-5-6 months later when it released, and after that you have nothing to do just sit back and wait for the next expansion. But here, you cannot do this it seems, and I believe this is your main problem, or many of yours. You want to live your life as fast as possible, you want to achieve everything as fast as possible, this is how we are living in the real world, sadly. But you do not want to enjoy your life.

And you are offened when they use against you.

Edited by Vyky
1 person likes this

Posted

you gonna pay em? there are others games who have GM's that are suppose to take care of it and still there are bots

Already did it when I bought the game. Question is there are too few (need to hire more) or they do not make them job (need to fire them and hire new)?

Posted

I do not get it.

I can understand the frustration about the RNG, it is very expensive on higher levels, and very annoying when your item drop down a level or destroyed, the luck factor is huge indeed.

But what I do not understand, that the people cannot accept the fact that the game (like every korean, asian with this kind of upgarde system) built to play (to keep the attention, to keep the players ingame) for years.

Sooner or later everybody becomes tired about this mindless grind for the ultimate gear.

PS.:

Please post your names and/or pictures to prove about how many players have succeeded to enchant at least one PEN item in the NA/EU region until now.

And now we are talking about the time from the release (NA/EU) which is less than a year! I am curious about the numbers, how many of those players are, who have the PEN, less than a year compared to KR where the game is out for... I do not know how many years already.

And we are not talking about the fully PEN geared in this case!!! (If it exists at all in the world.) For the complainers, did you think you can get the full PEN less than a year? Because the gear progress is all about this in the end.

Like Kungen told, in WoW you can get the latest raid gear about 3-4-5-6 months later when it released, and after that you have nothing to do just sit back and wait for the next expansion. But here, you cannot do this it seems, and I believe this is your main problem, or many of yours. You want to live your life as fast as possible, you want to achieve everything as fast as possible, this is how we are living in the real world, sadly. But you do not want to enjoy your life.

I'd have to disagree about your argument, games with this kind of upgrade system aren't meant to keep the players attention they're just made to support gambling addictions. That's why those games have cash shops that support the enchanting system by increasing success rate, reducing fail rate, or like BDO does, repairing durability. 

The system WoW is using must be successful because it the most popular MMORPG. Every doesn't prefer that though and the way they can change that is the way Blade and Soul did it where it just takes a long time to gather the mats needed to upgrade the gear. That is a great replacement to the RNG system in most Asian MMOs. Blade and Soul has its own problems, but the upgrade system is something they did right instead of adding another RNG system.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I do not get it.

PS.:

I don't care if it's supposed to take a while, and I don't care how long it ends up taking, either. I just want to be the one chiefly responsible for my own progression, not some random number generator.

That said, by compressing the vast statistical divide amongst higher and lower level gear, you would provide a stronger platform for the implementation of a more 'wild west' approach to PvP (if everyone in the level and skill range at least stands a reasonable chance, it's a lot more acceptable to have someone try to crash your grinding party, for example), while still providing smaller enhancements that could provide goals worth pursuing on a larger scale. But that's a matter of personal preference that comes secondary to an unhealthy system of progression that does little more than enable addictions and discourage enjoyment.

Edited by Weather-----
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

RNG never made me despair but I do get pretty bored of mob grinding for hours on end.

I solve this by AFK fishing, minimising my client and playing something else. Seems to work pretty well.

The more games you play the merrier, it's best not to be too focused on one thing.

Edited by Malificarr

Posted

I honestly do understand how people feel. I personally avoid a lot of RNG myself and try to rely on buying my upgrades where I can or guaranteeing them, somewhat, unless I have large enough chances of success with minimal chances of a loss.

The RNG part to me takes away a lot from the feeling of 'I'm working towards something that'll help me improve!' as it's instead 'I'm working towards something that might help me improve! But probably it'll just make me worse!'  - This being in the cases of actually trying to get lucky.

And while getting money and just buying it does work, that in itself feels less awesome because someone else did it for you, it's not your own accomplishment, other than you farmed enough silver to buy it from someone.

It also sadly rather negates the happy moment of most MMO's of finally getting a new piece of gear because instead it's often just 'oh god, time to mash my face into the RNG wall again' instead.

That said, I still have enough fun with the game, but for me my limit will probably remain TRI and no further unless things change.The argument of 'keeping you occupied' is a fun idea and all, except I'd much rather need several weeks/months to get to a point where I will 100% get a TET/PEN through my own efforts than try and likely fail or just buying it(which doesn't give remotely the same feeling of accomplishment.)

Posted

I'd have to disagree about your argument, games with this kind of upgrade system aren't meant to keep the players attention they're just made to support gambling addictions. That's why those games have cash shops that support the enchanting system by increasing success rate, reducing fail rate, or like BDO does, repairing durability. 

The system WoW is using must be successful because it the most popular MMORPG. Every doesn't prefer that though and the way they can change that is the way Blade and Soul did it where it just takes a long time to gather the mats needed to upgrade the gear. That is a great replacement to the RNG system in most Asian MMOs. Blade and Soul has its own problems, but the upgrade system is something they did right instead of adding another RNG system.

This!

The enchantment system for BDO in the west is fundamentally flawed as the system was initially designed around P2W (Valks Cry) etc.... 

We don't have the P2W feature so it's just a punishing gambling machine. 

If you look at videos for people upgrading in Kr you'll see them using 10 Valks cry with 17 FS's and getting TRI cresent rings etc.... as an example. 

What needs to be done is balance the failstack system around the P2W feature Kr has making failstacks grant higher chances than they currently give. 

Posted

What needs to be done is letting you get to 100% chance with FS.

Maybe 30 for PRI, 60 for DUO, 90 for TRI, 120 for TET 150 for PEN

Or something.

Or even just removing the loss of the rank on failure would help a ton.

You despair when you fail and lose all the money/resources you built up.  Your soul dies a little when you then realize you are now weaker than before you tried.

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG in this game is brutal! Last night I tried to pri a pair of tungrade earing at 30 stackes and poof gone 100 mill you have to be willing to lose to play this game.. North America is all about giving everyone a trophy but that's not the way it works. One of the greatest aspects of this game is afk money, make it buy what you need pre order stuff and stop fighting the system that is designed to feed gambling addiction in a country that doesn't allow it! Ps I'll give you a hint don't buy artisan memory's buy wayyyyyyy more useful things like storage maids pets (if you grind hard) storage workers and make the real money.. remember odds are always on the house! So time to start counting your cards..

Posted

RNG in this game is brutal! Last night I tried to pri a pair of tungrade earing at 30 stackes and poof gone 100 mill you have to be willing to lose to play this game.. North America is all about giving everyone a trophy but that's not the way it works. One of the greatest aspects of this game is afk money, make it buy what you need pre order stuff and stop fighting the system that is designed to feed gambling addiction in a country that doesn't allow it! Ps I'll give you a hint don't buy artisan memory's buy wayyyyyyy more useful things like storage maids pets (if you grind hard) storage workers and make the real money.. remember odds are always on the house! So time to start counting your cards..

Road,

Its not the chance of loss that kills us so much as its the fact there is nothing we can do about it.

Posted

Road,

Its not the chance of loss that kills us so much as its the fact there is nothing we can do about it.

accept the inevitable and stop fighting with it just adapt and work around it.

Posted

That's called Stockholm syndrome.

Some of us choose not to waste hours and hours of our playtime on a game mechanic that is stupid and pointless.

I love BDO, its incredible, with that exception.

2 people like this

Posted

What needs to be done is letting you get to 100% chance with FS.

Maybe 30 for PRI, 60 for DUO, 90 for TRI, 120 for TET 150 for PEN

Or something.

Or even just removing the loss of the rank on failure would help a ton.

You despair when you fail and lose all the money/resources you built up.  Your soul dies a little when you then realize you are now weaker than before you tried.

Would that really fix it though? Having failstacks in general won't help the RNG in this game, it'll only alleviate some pain. Imagine you're at 119 FS trying to get one more and suddenly the item succeeds instead. Now that's upgraded but what about your TET? You've gotta go get another 120 stacks now.

That's why the only real solution is to instead of enchanting, have upgrading. So say 10 blackstones, 20 of 2-3 mats that would drop from sausans or pirates or somewhere else (whatever the newest mobs are). That would all be for +1, maybe not that much, but the mats would keep increasing to make it longer.

So you could essentially make the mats required in quantities that it'd take say a week or two to get from +15 to PRI. Then TET to PEN would take maybe a month or two? I'm just making up times but remember this is one piece of gear. So do that for all gear and that would keep players playing long enough to release upgrades above PEN.