• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is RNG making people despair and leave?

847 posts in this topic

Posted

this is the game and this is how the game has been for years, you either didnt know what you were signing up for or have since changed your opinion of it

and either of those have nothing to do with the game and plenty of people are perfectly playing this game as expected, this game isnt for everybody

Pretty sure Kakao and Daum do not share your opinion that the game isn't for everyone.  Pretty sure they want as many paying customers as possible :)

They are losing far too much income to let this keep going here.  Heck, even in KR they added Cash Shop items to help mitigate the RNG gear end game

Posted

I don't play this game but I still do login everyday for an hour just for the attendance..

From 43 Laventia Silver Shiny Boxes, I got about..

51 Cron Stones

4 Hard Black Crystal Shards

3 Clickable Rings which resembled an Ogre Ring or Necklace, but upon double clicking that, I get NPC food

On top of that, every week I save up Bheg and Muskin scrolls, and I don't get anything useful from the reward boxes other than a few black stones, and those Hunter things.. I think, though I probably made about 200mill from doing the attendance, scrolls, and the black spirit adventure game for 4 weeks straight.. better than nothing but there are people that get two Bheg Gloves in a row from those reward boxes.. so I dont think the RNG is very fair at all

wtf is a " Laventia Silver Shiny Box"? Do you mean the silver rings? the best item they can even give are witches&MoS http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/122816-lavientias-event-guide/  go and look for yourself. tbh looking wat what you got considering the rewards you can obtain from the ring what you got seems resonable. Also 200mil from just logging wow much great effort ......

Posted

wtf is a " Laventia Silver Shiny Box"? Do you mean the silver rings? the best item they can even give are witches&MoS http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/122816-lavientias-event-guide/  go and look for yourself. tbh looking wat what you got considering the rewards you can obtain from the ring what you got seems resonable. Also 200mil from just logging wow much great effort ......

When you combine the silver diamond ring with pearls, you get the box.

Posted

.. better than nothing but there are people that get two Bheg Gloves in a row from those reward boxes.. so I dont think the RNG is very fair at all

That might be because they've saved up dozens, if not hundreds, of the reward bundles to open them up en masse so they're probably spamming right-click on the bundles and it just looks like 2 in a row.

Posted

i left game months ago due rng so i just came to ask if rng removed?

Posted

Nope, just as bad as always, only they are giving away boss items every now and then (that you need RNG luck to improve to a useful level)

Posted

When you combine the silver diamond ring with pearls, you get the box.

Lavientia’s Splendid Box(its in the link)

and shiny boxes are the ones that cant even get crap from also 43 splendid boxes and he COMPLAINS about rng? he could have made 2-3 shiny boxes from those splendid boxes due to how many pearls the guy seems to have gotten . No no no instead he got GREEDY when he knows his RNG is BAD and wasted those pearls on shity boxes also 43 boxes = 129 pearls with daily login it means the guy got around 80 pearls from farming thats x2 shiny boxes 100% for good loot he blew away as someone who farms around 4-5 hours a day I have seen -----ing 5 pearls since the event started.

Posted

Do you want a participation trophy for enchanting? 

I think the problem, which I've seen with many people, is that those who complain or dislike the system either aren't accustom to not getting everything they want in a video game. I have multiple friends who quit the game after failing one enchant that they felt was catastrophic. I have failed the exact same enchant attempt 4 times before I succeeded. I always had a backup and yeah it took a long time but instead of complaining and whining I went back and played the game to get another backup. Most people who complain about the system will never have end game gear because they cannot handle loss. You failed an enchant, well damn it sucks, time to try again. Focus on the feeling you have when you actually succeeded rather than always thinking ah that really felt terrible when I failed. If there were more succeeded enchants than failed everyone would have the exact same gear. Which from a PvP standpoint I don't really care if that was the case cause most people are mechanically inept but if I put in more work I should have better gear. 

There are VERY few cases where people are obnoxiously unlucky or lucky. Don't get me wrong some people get seriously boned and some people succeed with barely having to try but it is not as common as you think. Many people you ask who have TRI accessories and TET weapons will tell you they failed many times. I myself failed going for TRI ogre 4 times, TRI crescent 5 times, and TRI basilisks 3 times. Some people will succeed first try some will succeed their 10th try.

Enchant system really isn't that bad. I play about 2 hours a day during the week then depending on the weekend 6 - 8 hrs approximately and I wouldn't say I am lucky I just made several attempts at what I want. Also don't follow the failstack guides and all that BS thinking those percentages are 100% accurate. It's a guide for a reason, a guide to show you where you can start and from there you will find your lucky number. For instance with TRI armor I know if I have a 36 stack I am most likely going to succeed rather than the "recommended" 35. Or 18 for DUO on Armor. Figure out what works for you. 

Posted

For instance with TRI armor I know if I have a 36 stack I am most likely going to succeed rather than the "recommended" 35. Or 18 for DUO on Armor. Figure out what works for you. 

true tinfoil hat advising others ;)

Posted

I think the problem, which I've seen with many people, is that those who complain or dislike the system either aren't accustom to not getting everything they want in a video game. I have multiple friends who quit the game after failing one enchant that they felt was catastrophic. I have failed the exact same enchant attempt 4 times before I succeeded. I always had a backup and yeah it took a long time but instead of complaining and whining I went back and played the game to get another backup. Most people who complain about the system will never have end game gear because they cannot handle loss. You failed an enchant, well damn it sucks, time to try again. Focus on the feeling you have when you actually succeeded rather than always thinking ah that really felt terrible when I failed. If there were more succeeded enchants than failed everyone would have the exact same gear. Which from a PvP standpoint I don't really care if that was the case cause most people are mechanically inept but if I put in more work I should have better gear. 

There are VERY few cases where people are obnoxiously unlucky or lucky. Don't get me wrong some people get seriously boned and some people succeed with barely having to try but it is not as common as you think. Many people you ask who have TRI accessories and TET weapons will tell you they failed many times. I myself failed going for TRI ogre 4 times, TRI crescent 5 times, and TRI basilisks 3 times. Some people will succeed first try some will succeed their 10th try.

Enchant system really isn't that bad. I play about 2 hours a day during the week then depending on the weekend 6 - 8 hrs approximately and I wouldn't say I am lucky I just made several attempts at what I want. Also don't follow the failstack guides and all that BS thinking those percentages are 100% accurate. It's a guide for a reason, a guide to show you where you can start and from there you will find your lucky number. For instance with TRI armor I know if I have a 36 stack I am most likely going to succeed rather than the "recommended" 35. Or 18 for DUO on Armor. Figure out what works for you. 

They aren't asking for a participation trophy.

Nice reading comprehension there.

2 people like this

Posted

yea im pretty much done with this game due to rng cant pass any worthwhile enchantments 

seeing my money go down to 0 over and over is a pain. 

just to grind the same mobs over and over again.

while watching people nail enchant after enchant.

this game is 10x harder for some than for others.

1 person likes this

Posted

yea im pretty much done with this game due to rng cant pass any worthwhile enchantments 

seeing my money go down to 0 over and over is a pain. 

just to grind the same mobs over and over again.

while watching people nail enchant after enchant.

this game is 10x harder for some than for others.

*** hug ***

1 person likes this

Posted

As has been said time and time again in this thread, it's not a matter of not being able to handle loss. It's a matter of having absolutely no control over that loss, it's simply mindless gambling. If there was an element of agency involved, then it would be somewhat tolerable, but that's not the case.

4 people like this

Posted

As has been said time and time again in this thread, it's not a matter of not being able to handle loss. It's a matter of having absolutely no control over that loss, it's simply mindless gambling. If there was an element of agency involved, then it would be somewhat tolerable, but that's not the case.

I'm out of likes, so here's an imaginary +9000

1 person likes this

Posted

actually you paid for what was already made.

the subscribtion and continually investment pays for the continually development. which absolutely doesn't excuse them lying about their intend and going B2P, sub,Freemium and P2W -.- worst of all payment setups in one big clusterfck of "fck you costumers"

The game gets its updates from the Korean version. You should have known that

Posted

rngs a joke... today I failed 2 pens 6 tets 7 tris now all my armor and weps pri im so tempted to quit cause this games a actual joke all 9 of my chars started 60 stacks xD

Posted

The stupidness of failstacks too is what kills.  It would be one thing if they let you get to 100%, but 27% chance for TRI as max? Means you can end up back at PRI so many times you lose your mind. And many do.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

true tinfoil hat advising others ;)

lol it's the opposite of tinfoil it's called realizing it's all random and whatever you feel works for you will make it less painful than sticking to a failstacks chart which was "data mined" 

They aren't asking for a participation trophy.

Nice reading comprehension there.

participation trophy aka asking for return on failing for nothing. They want the system to either be carebear or reward them for failing. Pls learn to troll better.

There's been a lot of things said in this thread which make zero sense. The idea of enchanting and rolling on an enchant obviously has no control. It's what stops the typical mmo style of do x get x gear. This involves multiple layers of RNG which can be maddening but it's part of the game and that gambling is also part of the game. As I mentioned in my post which you obviously neglected to read, in competitive pvp a common gear score through the idea of do x get x gear isn't an issue but why should everyone be on the same playing field in open world and pve? you are asking for a participation trophy and there's plenty of games that will give you the best for nothing. If you don't like the rng gambling aspect then why play this game or do activities that require you to experience this content? Like yeah lets change the entire enchant system cause a few people are butt hurt.

one thing I can agree with is failing accessory enchants should proc more failstacks. If I fail my tet ogre I should get a solid ten failstacks not 1. 

The stupidness of failstacks too is what kills.  It would be one thing if they let you get to 100%, but 27% chance for TRI as max? Means you can end up back at PRI so many times you lose your mind. And many do.

so you want a game with an enchanting system where everyone can get 100% success. ? Yeah that sounds fun. Garauntee you if they did this the game would be dead. Actually while they're at it if you complete x amount of arena matches you get BiS pen gear. Great idea 

Also all of these responses sound like they are coming from level 57s with less than 450 gear score and less than 200D played lol 

Edited by Hype33

Posted (edited)

Also all of these responses sound like they are coming from level 57s with less than 450 gear score and less than 200D played lol 

330 energy, 273 CP, 12 chars level 50+, 3 56+, 172/124/256 gear, 208D 6H played, from prelaunch, so I think I have time in that you find necessary to make comments.

It is NOT about making it so everyone gets the best gear, it IS about making it so that you do not LOSE power after putting in time to gain it, that is what is turning people off, trying to get to TRI or even TET with a weapon and ending up back at PRI, over and over.

It wouldn't matter as much if we didn't get weaker after putting in the time, or if Gear didn't GREATLY outweigh skill in PvP.

And it is going to become even more important with next patch (content update) where level 60's with 220+ap are getting eaten by the PvE content.

Edited by Archaegeo

Posted

I would have liked to see removing the downgrade on fail and changes to failstacks; such as allowing them to go to 100%, but also tie them to individual pieces of gear. I.e., one can't build stacks on other characters or on cheap, throw-away gear -- each piece of gear would have its own failstacks. They only go up when you attempt to enchant that specific piece, and only go down when you get lucky and succeed.

It would probably need a lot of tuning to not make enchanting vastly too slow.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would have liked to see removing the downgrade on fail and changes to failstacks; such as allowing them to go to 100%, but also tie them to individual pieces of gear. I.e., one can't build stacks on other characters or on cheap, throw-away gear -- each piece of gear would have its own failstacks. They only go up when you attempt to enchant that specific piece, and only go down when you get lucky and succeed.

It would probably need a lot of tuning to not make enchanting vastly too slow.

I could 100% support failstacks being individual to specific piece gear with the understanding that you don't lose power when you fail and that eventually it hits at least the current ceiling if not 100%

Posted

short answer: yes

Posted

So many people talk about proper fail stacking and backup items.

They don't realize how fortunate they are that they have backup items at TRI.  For a lot of us, TRI was super elusive.

It still boils down to that even if you have max FS for an improve, it still has a fail chance, and a very high fail chance.  44 FS going for TRI is still a 27% chance of success, that means 1 out of 4 times you MIGHT make it.  But that's not true, because it doesn't count previous failures once you are at that point, so every single time you could fail, and many of us have.

Then, to add insult to injury, you end up weaker than when you started.

Its a crap system.

Buy everything..?

Posted

You cant.  Too many items up rarely and get sniped before you get them, so you waste your silver on trying to FS and then despair.

Posted

330 energy, 273 CP, 12 chars level 50+, 3 56+, 172/124/256 gear, 208D 6H played, from prelaunch, so I think I have time in that you find necessary to make comments.

It is NOT about making it so everyone gets the best gear, it IS about making it so that you do not LOSE power after putting in time to gain it, that is what is turning people off, trying to get to TRI or even TET with a weapon and ending up back at PRI, over and over.

It wouldn't matter as much if we didn't get weaker after putting in the time, or if Gear didn't GREATLY outweigh skill in PvP.

And it is going to become even more important with next patch (content update) where level 60's with 220+ap are getting eaten by the PvE content.

With most MMOs gear is a very important factor in PvP. BDO yes it is more difficult to achieve but still not all that difficult. Your low level and low gearscore makes me feel like you have only had a few unlucky enchants which is bumming you out. I think if you focus on the positive times you succeeded and enchant or found an enchanting system that works for you it would be less bothersome. I could understand how frustrating accessory enchanting is but you lost me when you started talking about weapons and armor which you don't even lose you just need to reenchant. Also my point is yes you failed but most of the people who have those gearscores have failed 10x more than you have. I am 230 AP and I have failed more enchants than I can remember. Duo ogres, duo basis, duo crescents going for TRIs many times. 

If we were to get rid of the idea of disenchanting getting top level gear would be ridiculously easy and take a matter of days. The disenchanting system is the only thing that makes it difficult to get. The next patch is for those players who have failed numerous times and instead of complaining kept failing until they got it and are now at 245+ ap. you know before people were complaining that none of the mobs were challenging now they put more challenging mobs in the game and everyone says gearing up is too difficult to experience the content. Also I don't believe we will be getting kama for a bit we havent even gotten magoria yet. 

For someone who probably hasn't even experienced most of the desert content yet you shouldn't worry just try to stay positive and keep gathering resources to push enchanting. If you bum out from weapon and armor enchanting im sorry to say that you won't make it through accessories.