• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is RNG making people despair and leave?

847 posts in this topic

Posted

there is just one answer for this , KAKAO GAMES DOESN'T GIVE A PIECE OF SHIIZ About any of us , they laugh hard at front of PC by looking on us idiots... that is true story.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

and you quote me on this, because.... why exactly?

Never overstack for jewelry. You want 23 stacks for PRI.

Edited by Gwynbleys

Posted

there is just one answer for this , KAKAO GAMES DOESN'T GIVE A PIECE OF SHIIZ About any of us , they laugh hard at front of PC by looking on us idiots... that is true story.

Yep it indeed seems to be the case, Kashkao Scum bag -----s!

1 person likes this

Posted

Kakao does care, they of course want to make money.

Now you can say they are pushing to make as much money as possible, which of course is their responsibility to their investors and shareholders.

But you cant say they want to piss you off and make you leave.  Its happening, but the question is is it happening too much

Posted

I see alot of people on here saying never overstack for accessories while others say overstack for them. Sadly there is no proof from one point or the other. I tried making a pri seraps, 20-25 failed. I then tried 25-30 failed then tried pri to duo around 35-38 failed. Shit system is shit system, I think in total now I have purchased about 18 seraps in the past few days out of the 18 i got two to pri then failed duo. 

All that cash to attempt to replace my pri ogre. Games a -----ing joke. Then people in my guild lawling because they smash shit with 10-15 stacks for pri, then duo shit with 20 stacks. Then they talk shit about getting geared, hey it sure is nice rng shines upon you but it doesnt with me. I had a another guildy who failed his tri liverto 56 times, and another who failed 60+ times.

Posted (edited)

Horrible rng mechanics are horrible. I had some months of fun with this game, but even the most retarded players should start to realise how bad this game is at the end of the day. RNG enchanting, no skill involved in pvp (which is the only "end-game" content) - what's the point to continue playing? There will be no big changes to the core game in future, that's for sure. They'll pump out as much money as they can, while the hype lasts. Glad I left early and moved on to games where your own decisions and skill matters, and I don't have to worry about anything gambling related.

Edited by Miki

Posted

failed duo ogre on 62 stack

suceed duo ogre on 37 stack

failed tri ogre on 63 stack

failed pri ogre on 27 stack

i feel that i will fail alot more in future probabaly takes months to get back and it makes me depressed, thinking about leaving to be honest.

i dont feel competitive anymore i droped all pvp..

well. I failed duo ogre atempts 7times.. no big deal at all.... but after the 7th fail, i diceded to quit. So did I..... but before i left the game i rage enchantet my other stuff.... so i failed....

1x TRI Basi belt trying TET

2x TRI cres ring trying TET

1x TET kzarka amulet trying PEN

1x TET Dandelion Scythe trying PEN....

Was also no big deal...

But now 1 month later i want to play again and im -----ed

1 person likes this

Posted

Just wanted to throw in an update. Was able to get +3 crafts, traders, and fishing off of the littler stacks. Finally got the Dande to +14 on a 6fs. The cycle continues.

Posted

To play this game you either have to be a gambler, i aint.

Or you have to go in expecting to fail.

This obviously reduces moral to continue grinding but it is what it is.

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG is never a good thing imo.

It should've been like hardwork pays off but with RNG it does not.

Posted

Which is exactly how it was at launch, with the exception of accessories, but it was manageable. Felt like all goals were within reach type of thing.

Posted

Which is exactly how it was at launch, with the exception of accessories, but it was manageable. Felt like all goals were within reach type of thing.

That feeling made me write a tool to calculate enhancement cost. tl:dr; i shortly quit after seeing the results ...

When you see costs of 5b+(average) for PEN items you will realize this is just like RL, there is a certain ceiling you cannot cross unless lucky. Even at 10m/h grind 5b will take 500 hours of grinding, for a single PEN item, that someone will get on the first attempt. It gets worse once you look into jewelry and stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WzAeIFslcWhZ-TudUTrvt4S6ejGF8Uo5FwVqNivfHK0/edit#gid=235799584

Estimated 31b (3100 hours) for 250 AP and it gets much worse after that. And forget it if you do anything but grinding and getting 10m/h hour after hour. Oh and also forget it if you are unlucky. For every one getting PEN on the first try there is one needing twice the grind (yay an extra 500h!!)

I see alot of people on here saying never overstack for accessories while others say overstack for them. Sadly there is no proof from one point or the other. I tried making a pri seraps, 20-25 failed. I then tried 25-30 failed then tried pri to duo around 35-38 failed. Shit system is shit system, I think in total now I have purchased about 18 seraps in the past few days out of the 18 i got two to pri then failed duo. 

All that cash to attempt to replace my pri ogre. Games a -----ing joke. Then people in my guild lawling because they smash shit with 10-15 stacks for pri, then duo shit with 20 stacks. Then they talk shit about getting geared, hey it sure is nice rng shines upon you but it doesnt with me. I had a another guildy who failed his tri liverto 56 times, and another who failed 60+ times.

The system is only fun when you are not on the receiving end. And the best part is even when you replace your PRI, it gets much worse after that and its always encouraging, when the lucky people attribute it to their own "skill".

1 person likes this

Posted

I think the main issue is having a gear level that due rng is unobtainable. 

Pen and even tet for the majority. 

Back at launch +15 was within reach and provided the majority of your stats, it took some longer than others.

The rich and more lucky then had better accessories but the difference was more minor compared to now.

For me they should allow easy gettimg to pen, remove the downgrade, have cron stones give double the chance or something. 

Pen should eventually be in everyones grasp. While accessories could add the rng.

Posted (edited)

It's all about pumping the cash out of whales, via p2w artisans memories. I don't see them increasing the upgrade chances, ever.

I'm 100% sure artisans memories are their most sold cash shop item at the moment, so enough said. 

Edited by Miki

Posted

The new KR patch of the 19th will make it even worse

If you fail your attempt to enchant your TRI or above weapon or armor, the weapon/armor will obtain 1 chron stone energy. Every time you fail, 1 chron stone energy will be stacked. Depending on the number of energy stacked, this weapon/armor will have a certain effect added on to it.

So now people with PEN will downgrade their gear to get it even more powerful

Why have a base Pen when you can have a PEN with 10 chron stone energy on it.

Posted

WTF, they really making it worse? I can't believe it. Well, that's a new way to sell more artisans memories. Hahah this game, every day makes me wonder more why people are playing this.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Which also boggles my mind a so called 'Modern MMO' with very old school type character progression. The overuse of RNG is king in most Korean MMO's that it sickens me....

Also doesn't help when Pearl Abyss comes across as very arrogant developers. 

Edited by Overeem
2 people like this

Posted

Failed 5 times to make a PRI Cresent Guardian ring, Started with 28 FS's and used cron stones for 1 attempt now sitting at 31 FS's.

-----ing five fails on the same char!

What is this retarded, flawed -----ing BS enchanting system!?!

if u fail five times pri on same char then it wasnt born for enchanting accessory, an alarm bell should be ringing in ur head. But finding the right one is no simple task.

Posted (edited)

if u fail five times pri on same char then it wasnt born for enchanting accessory, an alarm bell should be ringing in ur head. But finding the right one is no simple task.

You are one of those retards who believes in "hidden luck" stat, or what? :D And failing PRI 5 times in a row is absolutely nothing special, atleast if you have done a lot of enchanting.

Edited by Miki
1 person likes this

Posted

The new KR patch of the 19th will make it even worse

If you fail your attempt to enchant your TRI or above weapon or armor, the weapon/armor will obtain 1 chron stone energy. Every time you fail, 1 chron stone energy will be stacked. Depending on the number of energy stacked, this weapon/armor will have a certain effect added on to it.

So now people with PEN will downgrade their gear to get it even more powerful

Why have a base Pen when you can have a PEN with 10 chron stone energy on it.

LOL oh yea people are lined up to downgrade their pens

thanks for the laugh

Posted

You are one of those retards who believes in "hidden luck" stat, or what? :D And failing PRI 5 times in a row is absolutely nothing special, atleast if you have done a lot of enchanting.

in bdo all we can do is believe. It wasnt so long ago devs admitted each char having individual stats before supposed change, perhaps they left something.. And while others remain stagnant, i will keep using my beloved accessory alt, no tri fails on all acce going strong, granted necessary steppes are taken.

Posted

I believe that characters with kpop names have good luck, that's the reason I got all my boss armor and kzarka in RNG boxes without ever doing WB.

Posted

LOL oh yea people are lined up to downgrade their pens

thanks for the laugh

You KNOW min-maxers will.  If someone can be PEN or PEN + 15, a min-maxer will have to be +15.

And it says it strips our the chron energy if sold on market.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

About one day worth of grind to repair +13 dandelion...
About 90 armor stones and some downgrades to get 25 fs...
+14 happens...
87 more stones and quite a few more downgrades to get 25 failstacks again...
100 --> 17% durability...okay.
I don't even want to imagine future upgrades at this point.

Edited by Kasumi ~

Posted

yes this makes me and other want to quit so -----ing bad, but then i calm  down...so im no longer enchanting acc im saving money and just buying outright.