• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

GAMBLING Boxes - What success?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay time to be honest. I know some people will troll with their stupendous multiple successes, but try no to.

So how much have you spent on these silver draining gambling boxes? And what success have you had? I know one person spent 10mill and got nothing. And of course the price of junk jewelry has dropped like a rock so you don't even recoup the cost of the box. As per design of course.

Did you win or lose?

Posted

day 1 I I got 2 ogres rings with 9 mil. continued rolling until i spent 35m total. Had the 2 ogres, a guardians, a benshos and 3 scarlas.

Today i spent 8m and got another ogre.

Gambling boxes ezmode rares

Posted

It's more or less another rng thing, but less punishing, and not forcing you to farm one kind of mob, or one specific zone which is highly contested - favoring the loner type, or solo player who tends to be pushed out.

It helps generate a large amount of cheap materials for fail stacks, and this favor both casual and hardcore, but not for those who make silver through AH selling. Yes, people will scream out " this will destroy the economy", but to be honest, this is more like a patch from Kakao to cover BDO's horrendous RNG system and attempt to make people's life easier. You either have lots of cheap worthless rings, or you have rare accessory everywhere on the market, and it will just make you even more frustrated.

Read on my first line again, I did mentioned about the RNG, and it's still the same damn low rate, but I'd rather have the box, than having to fight some guys whom I don't have a chance to win against in a highly contested area. Beside, the box is like your second chance if you farm for many hours without luck, and have lots of silver in your possession after that farming.

People scream out on this because they feel insulted, that the efforts they put out to get those rings and rare stuffs are now can be easily obtained through the RNG box if you're lucky enough. And what happen when the things once rare is not rare anymore ? Every hardcore players suddenly felt they are now put down to the same rank as the casual or newbies, even though they put more effort to it.

This box is anything but P2W, this box is just an insult to the BDO enthusiasts, and another reason some players believe to be the sign that Kakao doesn't care about forum's opinion. 

I say Kakao does listen, but they chose the worst way possible to help easing the RNG pain by using another RNG box.

1 person likes this

Posted

cant we continue posting results into this thread

at least then information is more centralized and will help serve the community and staff better

Posted (edited)

I say Kakao does listen, but they chose the worst way possible to help easing the RNG pain by using another RNG box.

My line on this is Kakao should realise that EU and NA players aren't Korean. They don't have the Asian mentality for gambling.

I would much rather see far less upgrade stones in the game, make then more expensive and allow an easier chance of upgrade success, if not 100%. I'm sure they can simply change the RNG code to provide better chances.

Accessory upgrading is a joke, losing both items if it fails.

I wouldn't mind betting this game develops into a few people who enchant items and sell them on the AH. The majority of people will just sell frags, stones, relics and buy the items already upgraded.

There has to be a more EURO compatible solution? To disregard the trauma of yolo upgrading people would have to be paying in the thousands of silver and not the millions.

Any thoughts guys?

day 1 I I got 2 ogres rings with 9 mil. continued rolling until i spent 35m total. Had the 2 ogres, a guardians, a benshos and 3 scarlas.

Did you buy multiple boxes and auto open them?

How did you do it?

And gratz on the Ogres!

Edited by Usurper

Posted

-________- i wasted 30mil + and i got 2 benshos :( this isnt fair 

1 person likes this

Posted

I bought 1 box so far. Got a Bares necklace.

The biggest win is the unlimited amount of jewelry available in the Marketplace, though.

Posted

Well these boxes - same s^&&*( RNG as in the rest of the game.... at least they are consistent in upholding the beautiful RNG in this game.

Posted

Did you buy multiple boxes and auto open them?

How did you do it?

And gratz on the Ogres!

I bought em in batches of ~50 and just spammed the space bar. 

Posted (edited)

The answer is easy: If you gamble, you will always lose. The house always wins.

Edited by Kasathar
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

edited

Edited by iVentrue
1 person likes this

Posted

opened 300 boxes and got sh*t

I'm familiar.