• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO gtx 1060

29 posts in this topic

Posted

i just purchased the game and it is running on medium texture and high settings and i cant achieve steady 60 fps. why is that? i think that my gpu should be able to hande it? i have gtx 1060 6gb evga sc 

Posted (edited)

Your gpu is good enough but this game is more about CPU and poor optimization.

Edited by Dejmien

Posted

my cpu is i5 4690k oc to 4.1 should be fine idk what to do? any help solving it?

Posted (edited)

I have gtx 1060 MSI 6gb and i5 4670k.

medium - medium settings 60 fps stable but it can drop in Calpheon, Node/Siege wars and bosses.

one more thing, if you are using second monitor watching utube/streams etc your game fps can be lower than usual.

Edited by Dejmien

Posted (edited)

The game's optimization is shit, that's why. It's been like that since forever. But that's the nature of these Korean, free to play shitfests.

Edited by Kasathar
1 person likes this

Posted

The game's optimization is shit, that's why. It's been like that since forever.

^this.

Although you could get faster ram. going from 1333 to 2133 should give you 4FPS gain, assuming your timings are low also.

Posted

i just purchased the game and it is running on medium texture and high settings and i cant achieve steady 60 fps. why is that? i think that my gpu should be able to hande it? i have gtx 1060 6gb evga sc 

Shoulda got that 1070 for a little higher pricetag... I'm still running my EVGA GTX 970 SC and I can run everything on high at 60FPS constant minus 30fps in crowded towns. CPU i5 4690K OC 4.4GHZ stable.

1 person likes this

Posted

my cpu is i5 4690k oc to 4.1 should be fine idk what to do? any help solving it?

I meant to comment on this. You lucky S0B! how the fek you got 4.1 stable is sweet. I can only hit 3.9 and that's with 5 140mm case fans and 120mm cpu fan sink.

Posted

Shoulda got that 1070 for a little higher pricetag... I'm still running my EVGA GTX 970 SC and I can run everything on high at 60FPS constant minus 30fps in crowded towns. CPU i5 4690K OC 4.4GHZ stable.

No point spending 420+ og 1070 as 1060 costed me 240 and runs most of the games on ultra 1080p. this is just a shit money value. I'm going to wait until the prices drop down or wait for the 11 series. simple.

1 person likes this

Posted

I meant to comment on this. You lucky S0B! how the fek you got 4.1 stable is sweet. I can only hit 3.9 and that's with 5 140mm case fans and 120mm cpu fan sink.

Thats crazy cuz I can push 4.4GHZ stable... I did read somewhere that each chip is different though.

Posted (edited)

I used gigabytes program, all i had to do is press a button and it did it for me :) 

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/prAI-op-LOw/maxresdefault.jpg

I tried 4.6 ghz but the program pushed the voltage to 1.37 which i've read is shit for a cpu lifespan. the 4.1 im running is on 1.15v

Edited by ptys27

Posted (edited)

Thats crazy cuz I can push 4.4GHZ stable... I did read somewhere that each chip is different though.

They are in respect to overclocking. I know I got a lemon, but it was so cheap at the time.

I used gigabytes program, all i had to do is press a button and it did it for me :) 

I tried 4.6 ghz but the program pushed the voltage to 1.37 which i've read is shit for a cpu lifespan. the 4.1 im running is on 1.15v

I am worried about voltages since my psu is an old OCZ 600watt.

EDIT: at 1.22v I can hit 4.3ghz

Edited by Mystafyi

Posted

Stop trying to replace bad devs with better stuff :)

This game, like some people have said, is poorly coded, Laggy if you download something, use CPU instead of GPU, write 5Mil files of logs and never rotate it, And I don't speak about in game bugs :)

New devs don't care about how coding better coz hardware is faaaaar enough for games at the moment, so they're just bad, it's not just about money.

Posted

No point spending 420+ og 1070 as 1060 costed me 240 and runs most of the games on ultra 1080p. this is just a shit money value. I'm going to wait until the prices drop down or wait for the 11 series. simple.

the tricky thing in GPU waiting game is once 1070 dropped a bit, it's time 1170 hit the shelf and you end up with old problem all over again

Posted

What type of storage device are you using? SSD or HDD?

Posted (edited)

You should have bought a better GPU probably

I have gtx 970 and maxed everything possible in this game and it runs at 60 fps. Except crowded npc/player areas of course. But thats rather normal.

Performance wise both our gpu should be the same though

Edited by Salbe

Posted

I have gtx 970 and maxed everything possible in this game and it runs at 60 fps. Except crowded npc/player areas of course. But thats rather normal.

Cringed so hard at this. . . The GTX 1060 is better than the GTX 970.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ew... your 970 is worse than a 1060......

Posted

This is a lie. 970gtx with only 3.5gig of ram will not outperform a 1060. I could talk your post with a grain of salt if you posted your other specs, but you wanted to be an @ss.

Posted (edited)

Cringed so hard at this. . . The GTX 1060 is better than the GTX 970.

Ew... your 970 is worse than a 1060......

This is a lie. 970gtx with only 3.5gig of ram will not outperform a 1060. I could talk your post with a grain of salt if you posted your other specs, but you wanted to be an @ss.

Theyre almost the same. 1-2 fps wont make a difference here.  I got a overclocked 2500k however. OP could be bottlenecked by whatever cpu hes using

Also, before that I ran the game with a gtx 580 wwhich ran about 40-50 fps on max

EDIT: forgot to say, my 970 is overclocked too

Edited by Salbe

Posted (edited)

I got a overclocked 2500k however. OP could be bottlenecked by whatever cpu hes using

He is using a 4690k oc, You would need to oc your 2500k to 5gig to match a 4.4 gig oc on a 4690k.

EDIT: I was getting 40-50FPS empty areas with a 660ti and a i5-4690k, swapped in a 970gtx and gave me 60fps in empty zones, but in heavy congested area's still experienced drops to the 30fps range, even a few isolated 20's! Same sort of bottleneck as with the 660ti.

I will admit that my rig is a tad underpowered due to age: i5-4690k, 970gtx, 4x4 Kingston 2133 ram, ocz ssd and asus MB, but even so its still in the top percentile for rigs unless I wanted to spend 4000$ for a rig.

Edited by Mystafyi

Posted

Theyre almost the same. 1-2 fps wont make a difference here.  I got a overclocked 2500k however. OP could be bottlenecked by whatever cpu hes using

Also, before that I ran the game with a gtx 580 wwhich ran about 40-50 fps on max

EDIT: forgot to say, my 970 is overclocked too

They're no where near the same. Not only is the clock speed of the GTX 1060 40% higher, you're talking about card that has 2.5GB more memory and is overall minimum 20% faster if you don't overclock it. If you do overclock it, you're about to reach speeds of 2GHz. So DON'T claim something as false as "My GTX 970 is better than the GTX 1060." again.

Posted (edited)

He is using a 4690k oc, You would need to oc your 2500k to 5gig to match a 4.4 gig oc on a 4690k.

EDIT: I was getting 40-50FPS empty areas with a 660ti and a i5-4690k, swapped in a 970gtx and gave me 60fps in empty zones, but in heavy congested area's still experienced drops to the 30fps range, even a few isolated 20's! Same sort of bottleneck as with the 660ti.

I will admit that my rig is a tad underpowered due to age: i5-4690k, 970gtx, 4x4 Kingston 2133 ram, ocz ssd and asus MB, but even so its still in the top percentile for rigs unless I wanted to spend 4000$ for a rig.

Have 4.8ghz

They're no where near the same. Not only is the clock speed of the GTX 1060 40% higher, you're talking about card that has 2.5GB more memory and is overall minimum 20% faster if you don't overclock it. If you do overclock it, you're about to reach speeds of 2GHz. So DON'T claim something as false as "My GTX 970 is better than the GTX 1060." again.

More memory means nothing in this game. Does it even fill up my 3.5gb? Didnt come to notice because I would have bad texture streaming.

I didnt say mine is faster, I said mine is ABOUT the same performance. Even if op got somehow 10 fps more in average, it doesnt matter since my game runs on 60 compared to his. Unless OP is actively trying to get 60 in obvious areas that are below 30 maximum. Which would be impossible without spending loads of cash

Maybe it would help if we know what resolution OP plays with

Edited by Salbe

Posted

Unless OP is actively trying to get 60 in obvious areas that are below 40 minimum. Which would be impossible without spending loads of cash

I don't think you could spend enough cash to brute force this sloppy code to hit stable 60 in all area's that are not empty.

They're no where near the same.

to be fair, the memory bandwidth on the 970 is like 20% faster and it has more shaders and renders. overall the 1060gtx is only slightly better at gaming then the 970gtx at 1920x1080.

Posted

Have 4.8ghz

More memory means nothing in this game. Does it even fill up my 3.5gb? Didnt come to notice because I would have bad texture streaming.

I didnt say mine is faster, I said mine is ABOUT the same performance. Even if op got somehow 10 fps more in average, it doesnt matter since my game runs on 60 compared to his. Unless OP is actively trying to get 60 in obvious areas that are below 30 maximum. Which would be impossible without spending loads of cash

Maybe it would help if we know what resolution OP plays with

Perhaps should have quoted you claiming your GPU was better before you had the chance to edit the post where you claimed that. Either way, I did see you claim that your GPU was faster, the only way to be able to prove it though is if I had the ability to see edit history.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0