• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Witch/Wizard awakening, possible to swap gender? Forced to reroll?

94 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With the upcoming Wizard/Witch awakenings there is a chance some people will reroll to witch/wizard. What i would like to know is if it will be possible for support to swap the costumes from one class to the other. 

Since it's the same class there shouldn't be an issue with it right? The costume would just change to the male or female version.

Any thoughts? 

Edit: With the reveal of the wizard awakening i feel really sad as it seems i will be rerolling my witch. Could we please have some info if it will be possible to change from witch to wizard or vice versa?

For people that haven't see the videos, please see below. 

Edited by Renu
New info

Posted

It's going to be hard to cast spells as a wizard when your thong keeps riding up

14 people like this

Posted

The costume would just change to the male or female version.

Posted

With the upcoming Wizard/Witch awakenings there is a chance some people will reroll to witch/wizard. What i would like to know is if it will be possible for support to swap the costumes from one class to the other. 

Since it's the same class there shouldn't be an issue with it right? The costume would just change to the male or female version.

Any thoughts? 

No, it's not possible and it won't be possible in the future.

3 people like this

Posted

Any thoughts? 

The main reason kakao changed their awakenings release plan is to push folks into playing the FotM class and then having to purchase customes weight and extra inv slots. You don't need support to buy another costume.

1 person likes this

Posted

Be a good cow and follow the plan by Daum and Kakao.

You are supposed to play 1 class, spend a lot of money for inventory, weight, costume on it, then realize you like another awakening when it comes out. Then spend more of the same things and follow it with every new awakening you like until they suck you dry.

Oh wait, "It's about balance and bug testing" for awakening, the same excuse of "My dog ate my homework" and yet there are enough stupid people to believe them, LOL.

Posted

My problem is that I've been maining a witch since release and i really like the fire/ice skills so i kinda got disappointed that we got earth/lightning for our awakening. 

It will kinda force me to roll a wizard. :S

Posted

Kinda sucks to play a witch because you don't wanna be a decrepit old man, only to find out that in a few months you can be a wizard of equivalent age to the typical witch template appearance. I think a one time option to change a witch to wizard and the reverse, per account would be fair and not unreasonable. Feels like we were offered a stick figure or a Barbie doll and begrudgingly chose the latter - except not long after realizing it's another bait and switch

2 people like this

Posted

Kinda sucks to play a witch because you don't wanna be a decrepit old man, only to find out that in a few months you can be a wizard of equivalent age to the typical witch template appearance. I think a one time option to change a witch to wizard and the reverse, per account would be fair and not unreasonable. Feels like we were offered a stick figure or a Barbie doll and begrudgingly chose the latter - except not long after realizing it's another bait and switch

Giving us a one time option to change to wizard or to witch would be nice but i don't know how difficult it would be to implement.

1 person likes this

Posted

Giving us a one time option to change to wizard or to witch would be nice but i don't know how difficult it would be to implement.

the Korean cash shop has a one time item to allow to switch weapons to another class. 

Posted

the Korean cash shop has a one time item to allow to switch weapons to another class. 

So they should be able to do something similar since the only thing that would change in this case is the gender. Regarding costumes/underwear they could give us coupons to redeem for new costumes/underwear suitable to the new gender.

Posted

Yeah this does not sound like a major effort would be needed.  pretty much every big mmo offers a much more comprehensive, on demand for money service to do this stuff

Posted

Edited with wiz and witch awakening video. Lets try to get some answers!

Posted

No, it's not possible and it won't be possible in the future.

Kakao employee I suposse or you came from the future that you know it will never be implemented :DI

Posted

MMOs are ever evolving, rebalancing critters. You may reroll to whatever FOTM is today just to find yourself sinking at the bottom after investing a lot of time and money, once again.

And I admit I despise bandwagoners.

1 person likes this

Posted

w need "Class coupon change"
VOTE FOR YES

Posted (edited)

w need "Class coupon change"
VOTE FOR YES

What you are asking is not the same though as the witch/wizard issue. Sorc is a stand alone completely different class so it cannot be changed to something else. You knew what the class was and what the awakening was before you rolled.

On the other hand witch and wizard are the same class atm with the only difference being the gender. That will change with awakening as witch gets lightning/earth skills and wizard gets fire/water. On release of BDO a lot of people rolled witch because they didn't want to be a grandpa and at that time we didn't know what the awakening would even be. That leaves the witch/wizard community with a huge problem because now not only you can be a young wizard but elemental skills get separated also.

For example i am witch but the only reason i rolled one was because the wizard seemed too old. I also like fire/water/ice skills more so the upcoming awakening kinda screws me over as i will most likely have to reroll.

Edited by Renu
1 person likes this

Posted

Will it make them more money than the alternative?

It allowed, what price tag would be on it to take it worth for kashkow? Gotta be 60 bucks at least. FOTM rerollers prove to be the best quality milk anyway

Posted

Will it make them more money than the alternative?

It allowed, what price tag would be on it to take it worth for kashkow? Gotta be 60 bucks at least. FOTM rerollers prove to be the best quality milk anyway

I don't think this is a FOTM thing though. It's was the same class up until now and people didn't know what will change with awakening so it's normal for some to want to reroll to wizard or witch.

Posted

I don't think this is a FOTM thing though. It's was the same class up until now and people didn't know what will change with awakening so it's normal for some to want to reroll to wizard or witch.

planning to reroll as soon as a class seems to have gotten a change that makes it better than yours even if probably is pretty much what FOTM describes and the current surplus profit mechanism for kakao. 60bucks coupon pls, I wanna reroll one of my toons to zerker too

Posted

You have what you have chosen from the start, nobody is preventing you from rolling another class. I'm certainly AGAINST Class change coupon or anything like that. It would be so retarded if ppl just could roll some super easy class like Ranger, grind all the way to the top and then change to much more complicated class like Valk or possibly Berserk, totally unbalanced that would be :3.

1 person likes this

Posted

planning to reroll as soon as a class seems to have gotten a change that makes it better than yours even if probably is pretty much what FOTM describes and the current surplus profit mechanism for kakao. 60bucks coupon pls, I wanna reroll one of my toons to zerker too

You are missing the point. I am only talking about witch and wizard. They are one class. Also it's not about one of them being better as we don't even know how strong their awakening is. The issue i am talking about is purely cosmetic and of preference. Not about being OP.

You have what you have chosen from the start, nobody is preventing you from rolling another class. I'm certainly AGAINST Class change coupon or anything like that. It would be so retarded if ppl just could roll some super easy class like Ranger, grind all the way to the top and then change to much more complicated class like Valk or possibly Berserk, totally unbalanced that would be :3.

As i said, i am not asking for a coupon to change any class to any other class. All i am asking is for wizards and witches to get the option to decide if they wanna go fire/ice or lightning/earth. I never said anything about changing from one completely different class to another. Witch and wizard are essentially the same class atm with the only difference being the gender.

Posted (edited)

You are missing the point. I am only talking about witch and wizard. They are one class. Also it's not about one of them being better as we don't even know how strong their awakening is. The issue i am talking about is purely cosmetic and of preference. Not about being OP.

As i said, i am not asking for a coupon to change any class to any other class. All i am asking is for wizards and witches to get the option to decide if they wanna go fire/ice or lightning/earth. I never said anything about changing from one completely different class to another. Witch and wizard are essentially the same class atm with the only difference being the gender.

yeah i dont buy that for a bit. It was known that wizards were getting fire and water for MONTHS and that they'd be getting younger a MONTH before. if it was for 'cersmertics' this thread woulda popped up then regarding witch/wiz, not after the awakening trailer was released.

Edited by 6footgeeks

Posted

Typical.

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah i dont buy that for a bit. It was known that wizards were getting fire and water for MONTHS and that they'd be getting younger a MONTH before. if it was for 'cersmertics' this thread woulda popped up then regarding witch/wiz, not after the awakening trailer was released.

The fact that you don't "buy" it doesn't mean i am lying. I can easily reroll one, lvling is not hard, but it would be nice to be given a choice.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0